WBJEE 2018 Result – The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) will declare the WBJEE 2018 Result in the 1st week of June 2018. Candidates will get to know their marks obtained in the state level examination and rank obtained by them in the State. The WBJEE 2018 Result will decide the qualified candidates seeking admission in the various Degree Courses in Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture. Candidates can check their result by downloading it from the official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
WBJEE 2018 Result
After the final answer key, the Board will declare the final result by uploading the Rank Cards which will contain all the relevant information related to the WBJEE 2018 Result.
|WBJEE 2018 Exam Date||22 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of results||05 Jun 2018|
Result: Result will be announced on www.wbjeeb.nic.in
Before the declaration of the result, WBJEEB will upload the WBJEE 2018 Answer keys for the candidates to check their correct answers and also can predict their marks and rank according to it. The WBJEE 2018 Answer Key will be uploaded in the 3rd week of May 2018. The answer key will be in two parts i.e. one will be Model Answer Key and other will be the Final and Frozen Answer key. Candidates can check both the answer keys from the www.wbjeeb.nic.in in the following manner:
Model Answer Keys – Candidates can check the answer keys from the official website. And, in case any candidate will not be satisfied with any answer can challenge the model answer key by logging in with his/her password. Challenges of the model answer keys will be accepted online only through the link given for the purpose in www.wbjeeb.nic.in by paying Rs. 500/- per question, payable by Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan. The fee once paid will not be refunded.
Final and Frozen Answer Keys – After accepting the challenges and working on it, the Board will upload the final and frozen answer keys which will final and can’t be challenged by any candidate.
OMRs and Machine Read Responses
After answer keys the Board will upload the images of OMRs and machine read responses in the www.wbjeeb.nic.in, two or three weeks (tentatively) after the examination. Candidates can check their OMRs by logging in with his/her password. Candidates can also challenge these responses on the link mentioned on the website by paying Rs. 500/- per question, payable by Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan. The fee once paid will not be refunded.
How to check the Results
The final result can be checked in the following manner:
Step 1 – Candidates will have to visit the official website.
Step 2 – Then, the candidates need to click on the link WBJEE 2018 Result displayed on the screen.
Step 3 – Now, the candidates will have to login using the application number, password and security pin.
Step 4 – After successful login, the results will be displayed to the candidates.
Step 5 – Candidates can check their respective results and ranks by downloading the WBJEE 2018 Result.
Step 6 – Lastly, the candidates will have to take a print out of the rank card for the further admission process.
Details Mentioned on the Rank Card
- Marks of Paper 1 – Mathematics
- Marks of Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry
- Total scores obtained in the examination
- Rank of the Candidate
Few Tips to Remember
- Duplicate Rank Cards cannot be generated at any stage after the scheduled date.
- Candidates will be requested to retain their rank cards very carefully in a secure place without any damage for all the future purpose.
- Ranks will be awarded to those candidates who will appear for WBJEE 2018.
- Both GMR and PMR will be awarded to those candidates who will appear for the both paper 1 and paper 2 but for candidates, who will appear only in paper 2, will be awarded PMR only.
- Candidates, who will appear for the exam and have a rank, may not be eligible for e-counselling. So, for that, the Board will announce the cut- off rank or a cut-off score at the time of the declaration of the result.
Previous Year Cut Off
The Cut Off will be the closing rank of the particular course branch or an institute who will close the admission process for the various undergraduate engineering courses. The cut-offs will be decided on the basis of the scores obtained, ranks, the number of seat availability, the number of the candidates and difficulty level of the exam. The WBJEE 2018 cut-off can be expected on the basis of the 2017 (this year) cut offs of the top 10 colleges with their opening and closing ranks:
WBJEE 2017 Opening and Closing Ranks
|College Names||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College||326||1965|
|RCC Insitute of Engineering and Technology||613||3823|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering College||1645||101465|
|Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata||1935||10423|
|Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||496||1657|
|University Institute of Technology, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan||901||8323|
|National Power Training Institute, Durgapur||1946||4225|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri||695||4376|
|University of Calcutta, Kolkata||202||10123|
- After the announcement of cut-offs, the candidates will be notified with the details of e-counselling/seat allotment and admission.
- All the details will be published in www.wbjeeb.nic.in but, only those candidates will be allowed to participate who will be eligible for e-counselling.
- Candidate will also be notified with the course-wise and institute wise seat availability before counselling and allotment.
- Candidates will have to carry all the important documents at the time of e-counselling for verification process at the Reporting Centres on scheduled dates.
- Details of the reporting centres will be given to the candidates, who will be eligible for e-counselling in their rank cards.
Last year’s seat matrix
Seat Matrix has also been published by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
|OBC A PH||7|
|OBC B PH||6|