WBJEE Result 2018 will be declared by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) on June 05, 2018. Candidates will get to know their marks obtained in the state level examination and rank obtained by them in the State. The candidate who will appear for the entrance exam to be held on April 22, 2018, will be able to check their result by entering details such as Application Number, Password. Also, the Board will publish final result in the form of Rank Card, which will contain all relevant ranks, total score and component scores in paper-I (Mathematics) and paper-II (Physics & Chemistry). Candidates can check their result by downloading it from the official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
WBJEE Result 2018
After the final answer key, the Board will declare the final result by uploading the Rank Cards which will contain all the relevant information related to the WBJEE 2018 Result. Check the schedule for WBJEE 2018 Result from the table below.
|WBJEE 2018 Exam Date||22 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of results||05 Jun 2018|
|Last Date to Obtain Rank Card even after the completion of WBJEE 2018 counseling process||31 Jul 2018|
The candidate will be shortlisted for WBJEE Counselling on the basis of the merit in the entrance examination. There are two type of merit lists which are published by the Board. Know more about it in the page below.
Result: Result will be announced on www.wbjeeb.nic.in
How to check the WBJEE 2018 Result?
The final result can be checked in the following manner:
- Click on the link which will be given on this page to check the result for WBJEE 2018.
- Then, the candidate will have to log in using the application number, password and security pin.
- After successful login, the results will be displayed to the candidates.
- Candidates can check their respective results and ranks by downloading the WBJEE 2018 Result.
- Lastly, take a print out of the rank card for the further admission process.
Details Mentioned on the WBJEE 2018 Rank Card
The following details will be given on the WBJEE Rank Card:
- Marks of Paper 1 – Mathematics
- Marks of Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry
- Total scores obtained in the examination
- Rank of the Candidate
How to Obtain Duplicate Rank Card?
If a candidate needs a duplicate rank card even after completion of counseling and admission conducted by the Board, the same can be provided, but only until July 31, 2018. In order to get a duplicate rank card, the candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs.
500/- by Demand Draft drawn in favor of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
WBJEE 2018 Merit Lists
Based on the papers followed by marks scored there-of, two separate Merit Rank Lists shall be published by the Board as per the following details:
General Merit Rank: (GMR)
- The GMR shall be prepared based on the total score obtained in Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- This list shall be applicable for admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course at Jadavpur University.
- Ranking shall be done in the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of GMR only.
- Candidates appearing in both paper-2 and paper-2 will secure both GMR and PMR if scored above the cut off mark
Pharmacy Merit Rank: (PMR)
- The PMR shall be prepared based on the score in paper-2 only
- PMR shall be applicable for admission to all Pharmacy Courses except at Jadavpur University.
- Ranking shall be done in the descending order of marks scored in paper-2.
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of PMR only.
Note: Candidates appearing only in paper-I will not get any rank
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates obtain an equal score in the entrance examination, in such a case the tie will be resolved by applying the following methods in the following order:
Tie-breaking Rule for GMR
- Candidate who will secure less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry taken
together will be considered higher in merit.
- Another scenario could if the tie still exists, the candidate who will score more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be placed higher. If this does not break the tie, the candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together will be placed higher in merit.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be given preference.
- Next method to break the tie could be to give preference to the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher if the tie is still not resolved. Followed by more positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, and then more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions if the tie is still not resolved.
- If the tie is still not resolved by applying the above methods, then the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher.
- To break the tie, the candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher in merit.
- The final tie-breaker criteria will be by considering the date of birth of the candidate, The older candidate will be given preference over the younger one.
Tie-breaking Rule for PMR
- Less negative marks in Physics & Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry
- Less negative marks in Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- Date of Birth of the candidate will be considered if the tie is not resolved by applying the above methods. The candidate older in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
WBJEE Cut Off 2018
The cut of for WBJEE 2018 is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidate need to obtain in the entrance examiantion to qualify it. The WBJEEB publishes the opening rank and closing rank, on the basis of which candidates are shortlisted for WBJEE 2018 Counselling, The WBJEE 2018 Cut off is not yet announced. However, candidate can check previous year statistics and set their goal.
Previous Year Cut Off
The Cut Off will be the closing rank of the particular course branch or an institute who will close the admission process for the various undergraduate engineering courses. The cut-offs will be decided on the basis of the scores obtained, ranks, the number of seat availability, the number of the candidates and difficulty level of the exam. The WBJEE 2018 cut-off can be expected on the basis of the 2017 (this year) cut offs of the top 10 colleges with their opening and closing ranks:
WBJEE 2017 Opening and Closing Ranks
The opening and closing rank as per last year’s information is as follows:
|College Names||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College||326||1965|
|RCC Insitute of Engineering and Technology||613||3823|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering College||1645||101465|
|Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata||1935||10423|
|Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||496||1657|
|University Institute of Technology, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan||901||8323|
|National Power Training Institute, Durgapur||1946||4225|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri||695||4376|
|University of Calcutta, Kolkata||202||10123|
WBJEE Counselling 2018
- After the announcement of cut-offs, the candidates will be notified with the details of e-counselling/seat allotment and admission.
- All the details will be published in www.wbjeeb.nic.in but, only those candidates will be allowed to participate who will be eligible for e-counselling.
- Candidate will also be notified with the course-wise and institute wise seat availability before counselling and allotment.
- Candidates will have to carry all the important documents at the time of e-counselling for verification process at the Reporting Centres on scheduled dates.
- Details of the reporting centres will be given to the candidates, who will be eligible for e-counselling in their rank cards.
Last year’s seat matrix
Seat Matrix has also been published by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
|OBC A PH||7|
|OBC B PH||6|
The reservation of Seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD (earlier Physically Handicapped) category of the student depends on the category of participating institutions. However, availability of such reserve category seats shall be restricted to students domiciled in West Bengal only. Candidates claiming such seats must submit relevant Certificate issued from the Competent Authorities. The certificate is to be produced during counseling, admission etc.
Reservation of Seats for admission to the wards of Defense Personnel (Defense Quota Seats)
A total number of 13 seats are available for admission to the wards of Defense Personnel through the WBJEE-2018. Candidate should note that allotment of seats under Defense Quota is not done through e-counseling. The seat allotment will be done on the following basis:
- For consideration under Defense Quota, intending candidates who will register for the WBJEE 2018 will have to apply to the Rajya Sainik Board, Home Department, Government of West Bengal, Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata – 700001 through the concerned Zila Sainik Board, W.B. (for ex-servicemen) and Units (for serving soldiers) in the prescribed form with an attested copy of WBJEE 2018 Admit Card.
- Then on the basis of the recommendation of the said Rajya Sainik Board, a separate
list shall be published by the WBJEEB for subsequent offline counseling and allotment of seats inter-se merit basis. It is mandatory that the candidate who wishes to avail relaxation benefit in this category should appear in both Paper-I and Paper-II in the WBJEE-2018.
As per last year’s information, the Institution-wise and course-wise availability of such seats under Defense Quota is given below. List for 2018 shall be published before counseling.
|Name of the Institution||Name of the available course(s)||Number of Seats|
|Jadavpur University||As decided by the University Authority||02|
|Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg. College||1. Mechanical Engineering
Information Technology (IT)
|Kalyani Govt. Engg. College||Electrical Engineering||01|
|Purulia Govt. Engg. College||1. Comp. Sc. & Engg.
2. Electronics & Comm. Enggg
|Coochbehar Govt. Engg. College||1. Comp. Sc. & Engg.
2. Electronics & Comm. Engg
|Govt. College of Engg & Leather Tech., Kolkata||Leather Technology||01|
|Govt. College of Engineering & Ceramic Tech., Kolkata||IT||01|
|Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Tech., Serampur||IT||01|
|Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Tech., Berhampur||Comp. Sc. & Engg.||01|