NID Entrance Exam 2022: The National Institute of Design (NID) has released the NID 2022 prelims result for M.Des. and B.Des. courses. Admit Card for M.Des. DAT Mains Online Interview 2022-23 is out. Whereas, NID B.Des DAT Mains (Studio Test) and M.Des DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2022 exam schedule has been released at admissions.nid.edu. The NID Entrance Exam 2022 is conducted in two stages: Prelims and Mains Examination. NID Entrance Exam Prelims were conducted on 2 January 2022. The NID conducts Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for the admission of interested candidates in the different NID Campuses for UG and PG Design Courses. There are three different campuses of NID in India where candidates are provided admissions after qualifying DAT; Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, and Gandhinagar. Candidates can check out all the important details regarding the NID Entrance Exam 2022 from this article.
– NID B.Des DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2022 exam schedule has been released. Scroll down to check it.
– NID M.Des DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2022 exam schedule has been released. Scroll down to check it.
– NID 2022 prelims result for M.Des. and B.Des. course is out. Click here to check it.
– The admit card for M.Des. DAT Mains Online Interview 2022-23 has been released. Click here to download it.
NID Entrance Exam 2022
NID Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is conducted for the entrance of eligible aspirants in the UG and PG Design courses of NID campuses. The candidates have to qualify two stages in order to get admission in the NID campuses. The important dates about NID Entrance Exam 2022 are given below.
|Starting date of NID Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form||05 Oct 2021|
|Last Date for NID Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form||06 Dec 2021|
|Last date for submission of online application with payment of late fees||09 Dec 2021, 4:00 pm|
|Window to edit the application form||10 – 16 Dec 2021 up to 4:00 pm|
|Download Admit Card for DAT Prelims 2022||23 Dec 2021|
|DAT Prelims Exam 2022||02 Jan 2022|
|M.Des DAT Prelims Result 2022||22 Apr 2022|
|B.Des DAT Prelims Result 2022-23||29 Apr 2022|
|Download Admit Card for M.Des. DAT Mains Online Interview||29 Apr 2022|
|M.Des. DAT Mains (Studio test) exam schedule||6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 22, 23, 24 Jun 2022|
|Choose test centre for B.Des. DAT Mains (Studio test)||25 – 27 May 2022 up to 4:00 pm|
|Download Admit Card for B.Des. DAT Mains||1st week of Jun 2022|
|B.Des. DAT Mains (Studio test) exam schedule||18 Jun 2022 (9 AM to 1 PM)|
NID B.Des DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2022 Exam Schedule
Candidates can check the NID B.Des DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2022 exam Schedule from below image or Download notice PDF.
NID M.Des DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2022 Exam Schedule
Candidates can check the NID M.Des DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2022 exam Schedule from below image or Download notice PDF.
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Cut-off
For the admission, candidates need to qualify the minimum cut-off marks decided by the conducting body. The cut-off marks for NID Entrance Exam 2022 is declared by the authorities after the results are announced. The cut-off list for previous year examinations are given below.
|NID Andhra Pradesh||94.17||NE||71.72||53.33||50.51||47.98||NA|
|NID Madhya Pradesh||88.16||NE||60.95||50.17||46.16||NE||NA|
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Allotment of Seats
The procedure for Allotment of seats for NID DAT in both B.Des and M.Des is conducted in Ahmedabad. As per the given schedule, each qualifying candidate has to remain present in person for attending the counselling. If the candidate fails to reach on time for the counselling, the seat will be allotted to the next eligible candidate. The counselling and allotment of seats in different NID campuses for UG Courses is purely based on the merit list and category of the candidate. The Allotment of seats for PG Courses is purely based on the preference of discipline filled by the candidate at the time of submitting the application form.
Reservation of Seats
Out of the total number of seats, a few of them are reserved for the reserved categories. The list is provided below.
|Seat Category||Category of Eligible Candidates|
|Open||GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, GEN-PwD, SC-PwD,ST-PwD,GEN-EWS, GEN-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD|
|General- Economically Weaker Section||GEN-EWS, GEN-EWS-PwD|
|Other Backward Classes- Non Creamy Layer||OBC-NCL, OBC-NCL-PwD|
|Scheduled Caste||SC and SC-PwD|
|Scheduled Tribe||ST and ST-PwD|
|Open- person with disability||GEN-PWD, GEN-EWS-PWD, OBC-NCL-PWD, SC-PWD, ST-PWD|
|Other backward classes- Person with disability||OBC-NCL-PWD|
|Schedule Caste-person with disability||SC-PWD|
|Schedule Tribe-person with disability||ST-PWD|
Category wise reservation of seats in B.Des
|Institute||Total seats||GEN-EWS(10%)||OBC-NCL( 27%)||SC(15%)||ST(7.5%)|
|NID Andhra Pradesh||75||8||20||11||6|
Category wise reservation of seats for M.Des
|Discipline with 19 seats each||2||5||3||1|
|Discipline with 12 seats each||1||3||2||1|
NID 2022 Fee Structure
Fee structure of different NIDs are given below.
NID Andhra Pradesh
|Tuition fee||Rs 1,87,000|
|Refundable security deposit||Rs 10,000|
|Insurance (personal accident)||Rs 200|
|Student activity and film club||Rs 5000|
|Total fee for the first year(2 semesters)||Rs 1,97,900|
NID Madhya Pradesh
|Tuition fee||Rs 2,22,395|
|Refundable security deposit||Rs 10,000 (to be paid in first year only)|
|Student activity fee||Rs 400 per annum|
|Film club||Rs 200 per annum|
|Hostel fee||Rs 5000 per annum|
|Mess charges||Rs 4,500 per month for 10 months|
|Tuition fee||Rs 2,00,360|
|Caution refundable deposit||Rs 10,000|
|Total fees for the first year( 2 Semesters)||Rs 2,10,360|
Programmes Offered by NID Campuses
There are different design programs offered by NID campuses in both Ug and PG courses. The programmes are given below.
|NID Andhra Pradesh||B.Des programme in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Textile and Apparel Design|
|NID Haryana||B.Des programme in , Industrial Design, Communication Design And Textile and Apparel Design|
|NID Madhya Pradesh||B.Des programme in , Industrial Design, Communication Design and Textile and Apparel Design|
|NID Assam||B.Des programme in , Industrial Design, Communication Design And Textile and Apparel Design|
|NID Ahmedabad||B.Des and M.Des both|
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Edit Login Window
The National Institute of Design (NID) has released the Login Edit window on the official website. The details are provided below.
- Click here to download above notice.
Eligibility criteria for NID Entrance Exam 2022
In order to get admissions in the NID campuses, the interested candidates need to qualify the required eligibility criteria. The separate eligibility criteria for UG and PG design courses are given below.
For Bachelor of Design (B.Des): For B.Des, all candidates are required to fulfill the given age and educational eligibility criteria.
Age Limit: Maximum age limit is 20 years but age relaxation for candidates from reserved category is given as decided by NID 2022.
- For Indian National Reserved Categories (OBC- Non creamy Layer, SC/ST): those candidates born on or after July 01, 1999 are eligible to appear for examination.
Educational Qualifications: The applicants who have passed or will appear for 12th standard examination in 2021-22 in any stream from a recognised university can appear for NID Entrance Exam 2022.
For Masters of Design (M.Des): For M.Des, the aspirants are required to qualify the given age and educational eligibility criteria.
Age Limit: the maximum age limit is 30 years but age relaxation for reserved categories are given as decided by NID 2022.
- For Indian National Reserved Categories (OBC- Non creamy Layer, SC/ST): those candidates born on or after July 01, 1987 are eligible to appear for examination.
- Candidates having a minimum 4 years Bachelor’s degree in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard from any recognised university or
- Diploma of minimum 4-years in Fine Arts/ Design/ Architecture/ Applied Arts, after or equivalent to 12th standard from a recognised university or
- The candidates having a 3-years Bachelor’s Degree in any specialization after or equivalent to 12th standard.
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form
The application form for NID Entrance Exam 2022 is out on the official web portal of National Institute of Design i.e admission.niu.edu. The candidates must make sure that they have all the important documents available to avoid any further inconvenience. Candidates can check the procedure to fill NID Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form from below.
- Open the official website of NID for the DAT Application form or click on the link provided on this page.
- Candidates will be directed to the application form of NID DAT. They need to select the course and enter the required details like name, date of birth, phone number, email ID etc.
- After entering the personal details, candidates need to click on the submit button and the registration for the NID Entrance exam is done.
- In the next step, candidates need to enter the email ID, date of birth and verification code for the NID Entrance Exam application form.
- After submitting these details, the candidates are required to proceed to fill the form.
Filling details of NID Entrance Exam Application Form
- Now candidates need to add personal details, address and educational qualifications in the DAT Application form
- After adding the required details, candidates need to upload the documents the way they are asked for.
Pay Application Fee
- After the documents are uploaded, candidates are required to submit the NID Entrance Exam Application fee. The fee structure for both the courses are given below.
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application fee for NID DAT using Credit Card or Debit Card.
- The application fee is 3000 /- for general, general-EWS, OBC-NCL, categories.
- And for SC/ST, general-PwD, general-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD the application fee is 1500/-
- For the overseas candidates the application fee is 5000/-
|Category||1 discipline only||2 disciplines|
- After the successful submission of fees, candidates can download and keep the print out of NID Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form with them for further use.
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Pattern
The NID Entrance Exam 2022 is conducted online all over India. The NID DAT for both B.Des and M.Des consists of two stages: Prelims and Mains Examination. The exam pattern for both the stages are given below.
|Mode of examination||Offline/Online|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Type of question paper||Objective and subjective|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Type of question paper||Objective and subjective|
- The candidates applying only for one discipline or for two disciplines, the duration of prelims examination will be mentioned in the NID Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card.
|Type of question||Maximum marks|
|Objective questions||30 marks|
|Subjective questions||70 marks|
The information about the mains examination for both B.Des and M.Des courses will be announced later.
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
DAT is conducted by National Institute of Design (NID) to admit the interested candidates in the different NID Campuses for UG and PG design courses. There is no official syllabus provided by the conducting body, the given syllabus is based on the previous years question papers and patterns.
NID DAT Prelims 2022 Syllabus for B.Des
Below are the topics that are asked in DAT Prelims for B.Des.
- Elements and principles of Design
- Line drawing and doodling
- Colour psychology and wheels
- Lights and shadows
- 2D and 3D elevation
- Figure drawing
- Proportions and Scales
- Patterns, Grids and Motifs
- Pictogram and Illustrations
- Material Study
- Calligraphy/ Typography
- Pencil Shading/ Rendering
- Brainstorming and Mind Mapping
- Logo and Symbolism
- Perspective Drawing
- Poster/ Hoardings/ Banners
- Postcards and Stamps
- Mascot Design
- Futuristic Design
- Cross Section
- Conventional/ Unconventional
- StoryBoard/ Comic Strips
- Step Drawing
- Memory Drawing
- Conceptual product design
- Problem solving based questions
NID DAT Prelims 2022 Syllabus for M.Des
According to the information provided by the conducting body, DAT Prelims for M.Des will include the following topics.
- Common Design Aptitude Test
- Discipline Scientific Test
NID DAT 2022 Mains Examination Syllabus for B.Des and M.Des
The information about the NID DAT Mains examination is not yet provided by the authorities. But according to the brochures available, the candidates qualifying the prelims exam are allowed to appear for the mains exam.
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Centres
The exam centres for NID Entrance Exam 2022 for prelims examination of both B.Des and M.Des are given below.
Exam centre for B.Des. DAT Mains (Studio test)
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for NID Entrance Exam 2022 is released by the conducting body on its official website a few weeks before the examination. The candidates are required to take the print out of the admit card to the examination hall. For downloading the admit card, candidates need to login from their registration number and date of birth. The NID Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card is an important document for candidates appearing for NID Entrance Exam 2022 without which they will not be allowed to give the examination.
NID Entrance Exam 2022 Answer Key
The NID Entrance Exam 2022 answer key cum booklets are not released by the conducting body as it is highly subjective in nature. Although answer sheets after the results are made available for a year on the official web portal of National Institute of Design. If any candidate needs their answer sheet, they have to make an online payment of Rs 1000/- separately per exam and also submit the admit card duly attested by the invigilator during examination. The answer sheet is provided to the candidate after 15-20days of making the online payment.
The National Institute of Design (NID) conducts the entrance examination called Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for different NID Campuses in India. There are three campuses of NID in India; Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bengaluru. Candidates are required to clear two stages: Prelims and Mains Examination in order to get admitted to these campuses for UG and PG Design Courses. The candidates qualifying the minimum cutoff of both the stages are called for counselling where they are allotted seats in the different NID campuses.
NID Admission Cell
National Institute of Design
Pali, Ahmedabad: 380007
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The last date to fill the NID Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form is Nov 30, 2021.
Ans. The application forms for NID Entrance Exam 2022 are available on the official web portal of NID i.e admission.nid.edu.
Ans. The candidates have to qualify two stages: Prelims and Mains Examination in order to get admitted. The candidates are called for the counselling where they are allotted seats.
Ans. The conducting body has released the date of NID DAT Prelims 2022 which is Jan 02, 2022.
Ans. The NID campuses are located in three cities all over India: Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bengaluru.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.