NID Result 2019 will be checked by online mode, from www.admissions.nid.edu. National Institute of Design will announce the result for all the candidates who appeared for the examination. In order to check it, the candidates need to login by entering an e-mail address, date of birth, and roll number or application number and verification code. The result of NID 2019 contains the score secured by the candidates, along with the qualifying status. The candidates qualified as per the result will be called for the Main exam. Know all about NID Result 2019 for prelims and mains exam, including qualifying criteria and merit list, from this page.
NID Result 2019
First, NID announces the result of the Prelims exam. The candidates qualified as per the Prelims are called for the Main exam. After the Main exam, the merit list is released and on the basis of it, admission is granted. The candidates can check all the important dates for the announcement of the NID Result 2019 from the table below.
|Particular||Dates for B.Des and GDPD||Dates for M.Des|
|NID DAT Prelims will be held on||06 Jan 2019||06 Jan 2019|
|The result for NID DAT Prelims will be announced on||19 Mar 2019||15 Feb 2019|
|NID DAT Main 2019 will be conducted on||19 May 2019||11 Mar to 12 Apr 2019|
|The result for NID DAT Main will be announced on||31 May 2019||02 May 2019|
Result: The Result of NID Result 2019 will be available on the official website: admissions.nid.edu
NID DAT 2019 Result for Prelims
Based on the marks obtained in the DAT Prelims examination, separate merit lists shall be prepared for each category such as OPEN, OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PwD. Results for admission to NID for the M.Des., B.Des. and GDPD programmes (including overseas candidates) will be declared only online on the official admissions website (www.admissions.nid.edu) as per the schedule. The procedure to check the result is as follows:
How to Check Result NID DAT Prelims Result 2019
- Click on the link of NID DAT 2019 result that is provided on this page or just visit the official website of NID at admissions.nid.edu.
- Candidates need to enter their registered E-mail ID, Date of Birth and NID DAT 2019 Roll Number (as given in the admit card) OR Application Number of NID DAT 2019 and Verification Code.
- Enter the verification code and submit the details by clicking on ‘Submit’ button.
- NID DAT 2019 result will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can check their qualifying status and save NID DAT result 2019 page for future references too.
Note: No separate result scorecards will be sent individually to the candidates.
NID DAT 2019 Mains – Shortlisting of Candidates
Based on the merit list of NID DAT Prelims, eligible candidates will be required to appear for NID DAT Mains i.e Studio Test and Interview. The number of candidates shortlisted will be no less than three times the number of seats available per category in that discipline or programme. In case of a tie, i.e. if the total scores in the Prelims exam of two or more candidates is same, they will be assigned the same rank.
Final Merit List for NID DAT 2019
The final merit list for each discipline of the B.Des., M.Des. and GDPD programme shall be published category wise, meaning based on the sum total of the scores obtained by the candidate at each stage of the admission process of NID DAT 2019.
The weightage of Prelims and Main examination score will be provided as below:
|Course||DAT Prelims %||DAT Main %|
|B.Des / GDPD||30%||70%|
Relaxation in cut-off scores for the candidates from reserved categories
Candidates from the reserved categories shall be offered admission according to their rank in the first merit list. However, for the Open category, the lowest score of the last seat secured will be considered as the cut-off score.
As per last year’s data, the standard of measure, cut-off scores relaxed for candidates from reserved categories was as follows:
|Category||Relaxation in cut off scores|
|OBC-NCL||10% less than the cut off score|
|SC||20% less than the cut off score|
|ST||20% less than the cut off score|
|PWD||30% less than the cut off score|
- Note that simply obtaining a rank in the merit list does not guarantee admission to the programme of your choice.
- Any requests for rechecking answers of the NID DAT Prelims or Mains will be restricted to checking–
- Whether all the answers have been examined
- Mistakes in totalling of marks for each question
- That the marks have been transferred correctly onto the cover page of the answer book
- Any requests sent without a scanned copy of the Admit Card will not be responded.
- You can check scores of last year selected candidates and analyse the probable cut off for NID DAT 2019- Click Here
- Candidates admitted to the B.Des and GDPD programme shall be required to attend a mandatory foundation programme of one-year duration. Allotment of a discipline of choice shall be based on a candidate’s merit and choice only after successful completion of the foundation programme.
- Aspiring candidates can apply to a maximum of ONLY TWO disciplines for the M.Des. programme.
Reservation of Seats
The total number of seats available in all the three academic programmes—M.Des, B.Des and GDPD—for Indian Nationals are classified into different categories as mentioned below:
|Category wise Reservation of Seats|
|Campus/ Disciplines||OBC-NCL||SC||ST||Total number of Seats|
|Disciplines with 15 seats each||4||2||1||–|
|Disciplines with 10 seats each||3||1||1||–|
|For B.Des. & GDPD|
|B. Des. NID Ahmedabad||27||15||8||100|
|GDPD NID Kurukshetra||16||9||5||60|
|GDPD NID Vijayawada||16||9||5||60|