TNEA 2020 – TNEA 2020 Rank List is out now. Candidates can check the TNEA Rank List on the official website i.e. tneaonline.org. Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) conducts the TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) every year. It allots the seats to the candidates (as per the eligibility) in different colleges that are under it. After the allotment of the seats, selected candidates must go to the assigned venue in person for the admission process. For more information regarding TNEA 2020 candidates can refer to this page below.
– TNEA has available the Choice Filling for all Special category students who made the Initial Deposit Payment. Click here to login for Choice filling
– TNEA 2020 Rank List is available now. Click here to check it.
DoTE will select candidates for admission to various undergraduate courses based on Counselling and eligibility of the candidates. Candidates can check the important dates and events related to TNEA 2020 below.
|TNEA 2020||Dates ffor both academic |
|Commencement of TNEA 2020 Online Registration||05 Jul 2020|
|Last date for the submission of TNEA 2020 Application Form||16 Aug 2020|
|Upload of Original certificates start||31 Jul 2020|
|Last date for uploading original certificates|
24 Aug 2020
|TNEA 2020 Random number generation|
26 Aug 2020
|Original Certificate Verification at TFCs|
|Release of TNEA 2020 rank list|
30 Sep 2020
|Counselling for special reservation categories (Differently-able, Sports,|
|Online counselling for academic stream|
|Online counselling for vocational stream|
|Supplementary Counselling – online|
|SCA to SC Counselling – online|
|Last Date for the TNEA 2020 Counselling|
- Click here to check the revised schedule for TNEA 2020.
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the Eligibility Criteria for TNEA 2020 below.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can apply for TNEA 2020 by producing their original Nativity Certificate in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate at the time of original certificates verification at TNEA Facilitation Centre (TFC).
- Some special candidates with Reservation who have passed the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. or their equivalent examination can also apply for TNEA 2020.
- To check the complete Eligibility Criteria for TNEA 2020 candidates can click here.
TNEA 2020 Registration
Candidates can register for TNEA 2020 on the official site. Interested candidates can apply for TNEA 2020 for admission to various B.E., B.Tech, B.E. (Sandwich) courses. Candidates are required to submit only one Application for Registering to different courses. Candidates seeking admission under special reservation must not forget to give their option for Special Reservation category along with the main online application form.
How to apply for TNEA 2020
Candidates can apply for TNEA 2020 by following the steps given below.
Step 1: Candidates can click on the link which will be given on this page above.
Step 2: A new page will appear, here candidates can register themselves by providing a user name and password of their choice.
Step 3: A new page with the Application Form of TNEA 2020 will appear, candidates can enter all the asked details here.
Step 4: Now candidates can submit the required amount of TNEA 2020 Application Fee and the click on the Submit button.
Step 5: Candidates must take a printout of the confirmation page of the submission of TNEA 2020 Application Form.
TNEA Registration Fee
Candidates can pay the Application Fee for TNEA through their Credit Card/Debit Card or by Net Banking. Interested candidates can check the expected Application Fee for TNEA 2020 Registration Form below.
Note: The special reservation applications are processed by separate committees, candidates are required to pay Rs. 100/- for each special reservation category at the time of Registration.
Documents required for TNEA 2020 Registration
Candidates can check the documents required for TNEA 2020 Registration below.
- Mobile phone number
- E-mail ID
- Xth mark sheet
- +2 Hall ticket / +2 Mark sheet
- School details where he/she has studied VIII, IX, X, XI and XII standards
- Community/ Caste details
- Aadhar card, Aadhar number details
- Parent annual income details
- Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking/ Demand Draft details for paying registration fee
- The candidate should exercise their option whether he/she is applying for seats reserved under special reservation categories such as (Son/daughter of Ex-service men, Differently abled persons and Eminent sports person)
- The candidate should give option whether he/she wants to avail (First graduation Fee concession/ Post-matric scholarship/AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver)
Details of TNEA 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the details of the TNEA 2020 Application Form below.
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth of the candidate
- Name of the Parent/Guardian
- Communication Address
- Permanent Address
- Caste Name
- Pin Code (Communication Address)
- Adhar Number (Optional)
Special Reservation Information
- Eminent sports person (yes or no)
- Ex-servicemen (yes or no)
- Differently-abled person (yes or no)
- Annual Income
- First Graduate Tuition Fee Concession (yes or no)
- AICTE Tuition Fee waiver Scheme (yes or no)
- Availed first graduate Tuition Fee concession (yes or no)
- Post Matric Scholarship (SC/ST/SCA/Converted Christians) (yes or no)
School of Study Information
- Class (VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std.)
- Year of Passing
- Name of the School
- Qualifying Examinations
- HSC/Equivalent Registration Number
- Name of the Board of examination
- HSC group (HSC Academic/HSC Vocational)
- Qualified Year
- Group Code
- Marks obtained in HSC (Academic/Vocational) examination
- TFC Center for Certificate verification
- Weather Facilitation Center required for online choice entry
- Mother Tongue
- Civic Nature
- Civic Native
- Medium of instruction
- Civic School
- Parent Occupation
- Native District
TNEA 2020 Reservation
TNEA provides reservation to the candidates as per the rules of the Tamil Nadu Government. Candidates can check the details of the TNOU 2020 Reservation in the table given below.
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Open Competetion||31.00 %|
|Backward Class||26.50 %|
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50 %|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste||15.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3.00 %|
|Scheduled Tribes||1.00 %|
TNEA 2020 Special Reservation
TNEA provides a special reservation to some of the special category candidates. The special reservation applications are conducted by separate committees, candidates are required to pay an expected amount of Rs. 100/- for each special reservation category they have applied at the time of Registration. Candidates must produce appropriate certificates and supporting documents for special reservation claims at the time of Original Certificates Verification at the TNEA Facilitation Centers (TFCs). The notable fact is that only the candidates residing in the Tamil Nadu are eligible for TNEA 2020 Special Reservation. Candidates can check the list of the categories under which they can apply for TNEA 2020 Special Reservation below.
- Son’s / Daughter’s of Ex-Servicemen
- Persons with benchmark disabilities
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
TNEA 2020 E-Call Letter
After completing the registration process of TNOU 2020 candidates can go to the official site and then under their login they can get their e-call letter. Candidate’s e-call letter contains TNEA Facilitation Center (TFC) allotted to them, their name and address. The e-call letter of the candidates also contains a date and time on which the candidates are required to reach their allotted TFCs and complete the document verification process. At the time of Counselling, candidates can reach out to their TFC whenever they need any help.
Documents required for TNEA 2020 TFCs
Candidates can check the list of the required documents at the TNEA Facilitation Center (TFC) below.
- Printed PDF of the online application form of TNEA 2019.
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark sheet
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM (either a Permanent card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate)
- Nativity Certificate (only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) – If applicable
- Income certificate
- First Graduate Certificate (only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and First Graduate Joint Declaration
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate – If applicable
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen with Parent’s discharge certificate
- and ID card
- Differently abled persons should bring Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board
- (Consists of 3 Doctors)
- Eminent sportspersons should bring all sports achievements certificates with necessary forms.
TNEA 2020 Merit List
The TNEA 2020 Merit List of the candidates is prepared based on the marks obtained in the relevant
subjects, namely, Maths, Physics, and Chemistry which can be reduced to 200 (Maths – 100, Physics – 50 and Chemistry – 50). Then the overall rank of the candidates shall be prepared for the TNOU 2020 Merit List. The overall rank and community rank will be published in the official site of TNEA. Candidates can check their Rank and name in the TNOU 2020 Merit List on the official site.
TNEA 2020 Counselling
Counseling of TNEA 2020 is done after the verification of the documents and release of theTNEA 2020 Merit List. Candidates shall be grouped based on their rank and each group of candidates is allowed to participate in counseling according to their turn. TNEA 2020 is expected to have four to five rounds of counseling. Candidates are required to login to the TNEA portal by using his/her user ID and Password (same as that used at the time of registration) for performing various activities in a particular round.
About Department of Technical Education
The Department of Technical Education (DTE) is a higher education governance body that works under the government of Kerala. It was established in the year 1957. It has 9 government engineering colleges, 3 aided engineering colleges, 49 polytechnic colleges, three colleges of fine arts, 39 technical high schools, 17 government commercial institutes, 42 tailoring and garment making training centers and four vocational training centers under it. DTE manages the activities in the field of technical education consistent with state and national policies of India.
For more information about TNEA 2020, download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.