TNEA Merit List / Seat Allotment Result 2018 has been uploaded on www.annauniv.edu. Candidates can now check overall and category merit. The selection of the candidates has been done on the basis of the marks obtained in the subjects i.e. Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100 and those marks have reduced to 200 in the qualifying examination. As per Tamil Nadu Acts No.3, and G.O. (Ms) No.77 HE (J2) Dept, the qualifying marks for the various boards etc. equated with the marks obtained in the similar subjects by the students of the State Board of Tamil Nadu by adopting the method of normalization. Candidates will be granted admission to various engineering college of Tamil Nadu on the basis of their rank in this list. Candidates can get complete details about the TNEA Merit List / Seat Allotment Result 2018 on this page below.
TNEA Merit List / Seat Allotment Result 2018
18 years old Coimbatore girl, Keerthana Ravi, has secured the first rank list in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) declared by the university. Though she had ranked first In TNEA 2018 and want to pursue BSc chemistry, in St Stephen’s College, New Delhi. The table below enlists all the important events and their expected schedules for the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2018. Please refer to the table below get a clear idea about the TNEA admission process 2018.
|TNEA 2018 Random Number allocation||05 Jun 2018|
|Merit/Rank List Publication Date||28 Jun 2018|
|Commencement of Counselling||06 Jul 2018|
Merit List / Allotment Result:
- Click here to check B.E./B.Tech Allotted Summary.
- Click here to check the allotment list for B.E. and B.Tech programme round 5.
- Click here to check the allotment list for B.E. and B.Tech programme round 4.
- Click here to check the allotment list for B.E. and B.Tech programme round 3.
- Click here to check the allotment list for B.E. and B.Tech programme round 2.
- Click here to check the allotment list for B.E. and B.Tech programme round 1.
- Click Here to check TNEA Merit List
It has been reported that the TNEA 2018 overall rank and category wise rank lists has been uploaded in login. Kindly use the link above to login and check if your TNEA merit has been announced or not. Also, let us know as well if you can check your merit or not. The website of TNEA was not working since morning and the candidates faced trouble in checking the rank.
Steps To Check The TNEA Merit List / Seat Allotment Result 2018
Since the merit list has been published in the online mode. We have listed down the stepwise process to check the TNEA Merit List / Seat Allotment Result 2018. Please refer to the steps below to check your rank.
- Click the direct link for TNEA 2018 Rank List which will be updated on the page once the merit list is officially published given above.
- You will now have to log in to the portal. You can do so by entering your login id and password as generated at the time of registration.
- Enter verification code or captcha in the required space.
- Click ‘Login’ button and the Rank Card / List shall be displayed.
- Save & Print the TNEA Rank Card / List 2018 for further admission process.
Preparation of TNEA Merit List / Seat Allotment Result 2018
The merit list for TNEA 2018 has been prepared based on the total marks of 200 ( Maths – 100 & Physics + Chemistry- 100). Under any circumstances where two or more candidates have got the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se-merit among such candidates shall be determined in the order of priority as specified below.
- Candidate having a higher percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Candidate having a higher percentage of marks in Physics
- Candidate having a higher percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Age Seniority
- Higher Value of Random Number will be preferred.
TNEA 2018 – Selection Process
The selection criterias for various categories are listed below.
Admission to General Category
The selection of candidates for admission in the general category will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100) in the qualifying examination.
Q: What is Normalization of Scores?
Normalization is a process of calculating percentile scores. This method is usually adopted for ensuring the students that they will neither be advantaged nor disadvantaged by the difficulty of questions in their last qualifying exam. Since candidates might have qualified their last exam from various recognized boards apart from the Tamil Nadu Board. Hence, normalization serves as a fair means of result calculation because the Percentile Score for each candidate will be calculated.
Admission of Vocational Stream Candidates
Ranking and counseling will be separate for vocational candidates. 100 seats in Category I and 4 % of seats surrendered in Category II. The marks scored in the qualifying marks in the prescribed subjects will be reduced to 200 (Related subject 100 marks, vocational subject including theory and practical 100 marks). The reservation list is given below for different categories.
Admission To Sandwich Courses
Sandwich courses in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Production Engineering are offered at PSG College of Technology under self-financing scheme. The duration of the course is 5 Years. It comprises of practical training in the mornings and class work in the evenings. There will be an additional fee payable towards practical training and it will be intimated by the Principal of the college at the time of admission.