JAC Chandigarh 2021: The JAC Chandigarh has released the spot round seat allocation result for Engineering and Architecture counselling 2021. Candidates can check the seat allocation result online at the official website, chdenggadmissions.nic.in. For checking the seat allocation result, candidates enter the application number and password. Earlier, The JAC Chandigarh has released the 3rd round seat allocation result for B.Tech and B.Arch admission at chdenggadmissions.nic.in. Earlier, JAC has released the counselling schedule with a seat matrix for engineering & architecture students.
The Joint Admission Committee 2021 will conduct counselling for JEE Main 2021 qualifiers, seeking admission in UIET Chandigarh, UICET Chandigarh, UIET Hoshiarpur, PEC University of Technology, CCET Chandigarh, and CCA Chandigarh. To know more about JAC Chandigarh 2021 keep on reading the article.
JAC Chandigarh 2021
The online registration for JAC Chandigarh counselling 2021 is started. The candidates are requested to register themselves. No separate reporting and counselling letter will be issued to students. Candidates are register from the link provided below.
Click here to register for counselling 2021.
|Registration process commences||2 Oct 2021|
|Last date for generation of filled bank challan|
18 Oct 2021
|Last date for depositing fee in State Bank of India|
using bank challan
19 Oct 2021
|Last date for online registration and filling the|
registration fee details
20 Oct 2021
|Opening of Correction Window|
21 – 22 Oct 2021
|Schedule of Document Verification of Registered Candidates in Reserved Categories for Admission to B.E Courses:|
|Online Verification of Documents will be carried out|
|All reserved categories||23 – 26 Oct 2021(Tuesday) till 5:00 p.m|
|Sports Trial for Panjab University Sports Category Candidates||27 Oct 2021 at 7:30 am|
|Display of final list of Eligible candidates for filling of choices (only for reserved categories excluding Sports Category)||27 Oct 2021 by 7:00 pm|
|1st Round of Counselling|
|Choice filling (except for the candidates applying under Sports Category)||28 – 31 Oct 2021|
|Result of Mock Counselling||29 Oct 2021|
|Locking of Choices by the candidates||30 Oct 2021 by 7:00 pm|
|First round of seat allotment||31 Oct 2021 by 7:00 pm|
|Submission of Online fee and Willingness to participate in subsequent rounds||31 Oct – 03 Nov 2021 till 7:00 pm|
|Withdrawal after First round of seat allotment||04 – 05 Nov 2021 Till 7:00 pm|
|2nd Round of Counselling|
|Choice submission and locking for 2nd round (All categories including sports category)||06 – 07 Nov 2021 Till 7:00 pm|
|Second round of seat allotment||08 Nov 2021 by 7:00 pm|
|Submission of Online fee and Willingness to participate in subsequent rounds||08 – 09 Nov 2021 till 7:00 pm|
|Withdrawal after 2nd round of seat allotment||10 Nov 2021 till 7:00 pm|
|3rd Round of Counselling|
|Choice submission and locking for 3rd round||11 – 12 Nov 2021 Till 7:00 pm|
|Third round of seat allotment||13 Nov 2021 by 7:00 pm|
|Submission of Online fee||13 Nov – 14 Nov 2021 Till 7:00 pm|
|Physical reporting, Documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) for all admitted candidates||15 – 16 Nov 2021|
|Withdrawal after Third round of seat allotment||17 Nov 2021 till 7:00 pm|
|SPOT Round of Counselling|
|Display of vacant seats for SPOT Round||18 Nov 2021 till 7:00 pm|
|Registration process for SPOT Round commences||19 Nov 2021|
|Last date for generation of filled Bank Challan||22 Nov 2021|
|Last date for depositing registration fee in the SBI Bank using Bank Challan||23 Nov 2021 till 4:00 pm|
|Last date for online registration and registration fee submission (For Fresh and already registered candidates who have not deposited registration fee earlier)||24 Nov 2021|
|Opening of Correction Window (for fresh as well as earlier registered candidates)||25 Nov 2021|
|Online Verification of Documents will be carried out for All categories||26 Nov – 29 Nov 2021|
|Sports Trial for Panjab University Sports Category Candidates||27 Nov 2021 at 6.30 am|
|Display of final list of Eligible candidates for filling of choices in SPOT Round (only for reserved categories including Sports Category)||30 Nov 2021|
|SPOT Round participation fee submission, choice submission and locking||30 Nov – 02 Dec 2021|
|SPOT Round of seat allotment||03 Dec 2021 by 10:00 pm|
|Physical reporting, Documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable)|
(for newly admitted/shifted candidates after the SPOT Round)
|04 Dec 2021|
JAC Chandigarh 2021 Vacancy Position for SPOT Round
The JAC Chandigarh has released the Vacancy Position for SPOT Round for B. Tech and B.Arch on the official website. The details are provided below.
JAC Chandigarh 2021Counselling Schedule
JAC Chandigarh has released the counselling schedule for engineering and architecture students. Candidates are required to upload one set of self-attested photocopies of all supporting documents/certificates during online registration. After completion of document verification, the candidate will not be allowed to make any changes. All the certificates/affidavits claiming reservation under various categories must have been issued not later than 22nd November 2021.
Click here to download the schedule.
JAC Chandigarh 2021 Seat Matrix
JAC Chandigarh has released the seat matrix for the students. For EWS 5% additional seats are available for meritorious students who are otherwise eligible. Given below is the seat distribution of different college of Punjab
Click here for JAC 2021 seat matrix.
JAC Chandigarh 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for JAC Chandigarh counselling is as below:
The academic qualifications as prescribed in Information Bulletin and Application Form of JEE (Main)-2021 are applicable for this allocation/allotment, extract of which is reproduced below. “Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent a qualifying examination in 2019 or 2020; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2021 are eligible to appear in JEE
(Main)-2021 Examination. Candidates who passed the Class 12th /Qualifying examination in 2018 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2022 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)–2021”
Important points regarding the eligibility conditions followed by JAC-2021 are:
- All India Rank prepared by the National Testing Agency (NTA) based on score in JEE (Main)- 2020 for B.E./B.Tech. shall be used for admission to B.E./Integrated B.E.(Chemical)-MBA by JAC-2021 For admission to B.Arch.
- All India Rank prepared by the NTA based on score in JEE (Main)- 2021 for B. Arch shall be used.
- A candidate belonging to any category shall be considered for seat allocation if he/she is declared successful in 12th or equivalent examination by Board/University/Council.
- A candidate who gets a compartment in the 12th examination held in March/April 2021 will be eligible for admission under JAC-2020 if he/she clears the same (by appearing in the supplementary examination) before the last date of registration i.e. before 13st October 2021 for first three rounds and 18th November 2021 for spot round of counseling.
- Aggregate marks percentage in 12th or equivalent examination shall be worked out as suggested by the certificate awarding Board/University/Council. If the Board / University / Council awards letter grades without providing the equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the respective Board / University / Council specifying equivalent percentage conversion formula and submit at the time of reporting/counseling. In the absence of such a certificate, the decision of JAC-2021 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
JAC Chandigarh 2021 Admission Process
Step – 1: Online Registration – The candidates will first have to register online. The registration has begun and the candidates may do so, by accessing the link above. After accessing the link, the candidates will have to enter:
- JEE (Main 2021) Roll Number
- JEE (Main 2021) Application Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
Step – 2: Online Choice Filling – After the registration, the candidates will be able to login and submit details in the application form.
- All registered candidates are required to submit their choices of Institute and Branch in order of their preference.
- Candidates are required to submit single set of combined choices for Engineering & Architecture streams, if they are eligible for both the streams.
- Choice filling is OPTIONAL for those candidates who are eligible only for Architecture as per JEE (Main)-2021. Only one choice of Architecture in CCA will be considered automatically after successful registration.
- Candidates can fill in as many numbers of choices in the order of preference as they wish to, from the list of available choices.
- Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their final set of choices.
Step – 3: MOCK Counselling
- Based on the number of registered candidates who have submitted their choices at any given time, the system will be able to provide an idea of the seat that may be allotted. This indicative seat availability (‘Mock Counselling’) is to help the candidates to finalize the most appropriate choice of Institutions.
- The indicative seat availability will be displayed twice during the specified period on the website. Candidates are advised to visit the website regularly for this purpose.
- The final allotment of seat, in the allotment rounds, may be different than the indicative seat availability.
Step – 4: Choice Locking & Printing of Locked Choices
- Candidates MUST lock their choices only after they have finalized them, but in any case, before last date & time. The locking of choices involves a few steps after the LOCK button is clicked. This includes: re-entering the password and confirming the locking etc.. Candidate should follow all the steps carefully to complete the locking procedure.
- After the choices are locked, candidates will not be able to change their choices. A printable version of the choices along with the terms and conditions agreed by the candidate at the time of registration is displayed only if the choices are locked.
- If a candidate fails to explicitly lock the choices by last date & time, the last saved choices will be automatically locked after the deadline. Candidates are therefore strongly advised to lock their choices themselves and secure a printout of these locked choices.
- Registered candidates who do not exercise any choices in any of the round will not be considered for seat allotment. However, they will be eligible for SPOT round of Counselling after depositing a SPOT round participation fee of ₹40,000/-.
- The candidate can login again to view the locked choices. However, the locked choices cannot be modified or altered.
Step – 5: Seat Allotment – The allotment of seat will be done online. Apart from this, the candidates will also be informed about the allotment through SMS. The candidates will have to accept the allocated seat or they may also withdraw if they are not satisfied with allotment.
To accept the seat, the candidates will have to pay Rs. 40000. The amount of fee can be paid through Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, and E-challan.
JAC Chandigarh 2021 Counselling
First Round of Counselling
- All the choices submitted by candidates during Counselling, will be processed centrally and the results will be available on the website
- In this round of seat allotment, a combined seat allotment process will be executed including Sports & Defence candidates.
- Successful allotted candidates are required to pay the admission fee and submit the willingness for upgradation for the subsequent rounds, failing which their allotted seat will automatically be cancelled and the candidate will not be considered for subsequent rounds of Counselling except SPOT Round of Counselling.
- Candidates are not required to go anywhere for Physical reporting after seat allotment. Payment of fee using any one of the mode (Debit Card/Credit Card/ Internet banking/e-Challan) and online submission of willingness for the subsequent rounds will be treated as reporting against allotted seat.
- Based on candidate’s fee payment and willingness, admitted seats and vacant seats will be displayed for 2nd round of Counselling.
Second Round of Counselling
- No fresh registrations would be allowed in second round
- Who is Not Eligible: The following types of candidates are not eligible
- Not paid Admission Fee after first round of allotment.
- Withdrawal after getting admission in first round.
- Who is Eligible: The following types of candidates are eligible
- Type–I: Registered candidates who were not allotted seat in the 1st round. This type of candidates may visit the website and modify their earlier choices (OPTIONAL) else choices submitted in the 1st round will be considered in this round.
- Type–II: Candidates who were allotted a seat in the 1st round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “Noupgradation”.
- Type–III: Candidates who were allotted a seat in the 1st round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “Yesupgradation”.
Third Round of Counselling
- No fresh registrations would be allowed in third round of Counselling.
- Who is Not Eligible: The following types of candidates are not eligible
- Not paid Admission Fee after 1 st/2nd round of allotment.
- Withdrawal after getting admission in 1 st/2nd round.
- Who is Eligible: The following types of candidates are eligible
- Type–I: Registered candidates who were not allotted any seat in the 1st/2nd round of allotment. This type of candidates may visit the website and modify their earlier choices (OPTIONAL) else choices submitted in the 1 st/2nd round will be considered in this round as well.
- Type–II: Candidates who were allotted a seat in the 1st/2nd round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “Noupgradation”
- Type–III: Candidates who were allotted a seat in the 2nd round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “Yesupgradation”.
Physical Reporting at finally Allotted Institute after THIRD round of Allotment
- All the candidates who have paid the admission fee after seat allotment in first round or in second round or in third round will have to physically report to the final Allotted Institute as per Admission Schedule, to complete the admission process and subsequently attend the classes.
- All participating institutes are required to update the Physical Reporting status of the candidates online so that actual reported seats and vacant seats could be calculated for last SPOT round of Counselling.
- Final vacancy for SPOT round of Counselling will be published on the website before choice filling for SPOT round.
JAC Chandigarh Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of JAC Chandigarh states that the candidates must have secured suitable JEE Main 2021 AIR.
- For B.Tech and B.E admission – JEE Main Paper 1 AIR will be considered.
- For B.Arch admission – JEE Main Paper 2 AIR will be checked.
JEE Main 2020 is a national level exam, which is conducted by CBSE for B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan admission in India.
The All India Rank for Paper 1 and 2 has been released by CBSE. The candidates may check it from here. JAC will prepare its own inter-se merit list. As per that merit list, the candidates will be called for seat allotment.
If you have any queries regarding JAC Chandigarh 2021 Engineering/Architecture admissions, please ask in comments below.
Official website: chdenggadmission.nic.in
For more details about JAC Chandigarh 2020 Engineering/Architecture admissions, Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.