JAC Delhi 2018 will be held for admission to DTU, NSIT, IGDTUW, IIITD. Joint Admission Counselling (JAC) Delhi 2018 starts after the declaration of JEE Main result. Seat allotment result will be displayed online on basis of rank and preference. The online registration will commence from June. Along with the brochure, the conducting body will also release the revised in seat matrix for JAC Delhi 2018 Counselling. However, the basic seat reservation remains the same. The counselling will be held to fill 85% seats from candidates belonging to Delhi region and fill the remaining 15% seats with the outside state candidates. Check JAC Delhi 2018 counselling process, registration details, eligibility criteria, seat matrix and more information from this page.
JAC Delhi Admission 2018 Important Dates
|Online registration and choice filling will begin from||Second week of June 2018|
|Closing dates of Registration cum-counselling fee submission|
|Online payment using NetBanking/ Credit/ Debit cards and Cash using e-Challan through SBI Collect.||Third week of June 2018|
|ONLINE Payment using Netbanking /Credit Card / Debit Card through Billdesk.||Fourth week of June 2018|
|Closing of Online Registration and Choice Filling||fourth week of June 2018|
|Verification of Documents||Fourth week of June 2018|
Joint Admission Counselling Delhi 2018
JAC is basically a counselling and admission process. The qualifiers of JEE Main 2018 will be required to apply separately for the counselling, in order to receive admission in any of the following colleges.
Participating Institute of JAC Delhi Counselling
The JAC Counselling 2018 will be held for the admission of candidates in the following four colleges only. The course offered by these colleges are mentioned along:
- Delhi Technological University (DTU) – 4 year B.Tech
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) – 4-year B.Tech and 4 years B.Arch
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIT-D) – 4 and 5 years B.Tech
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) – 4 years B.E
JAC Delhi 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The criteria for eligibility is to be satisfied by all the JEE Main qualifiers, irrespective of rank secured by them. The clause of eligibility are as below:
- If a candidate is seeking admission in DTU and IIIT-D then they must fall under the age bracket of 17 to 25 years of age, as on 01.10.2018.
- There is no age bar for admission in NSIT and IGDTUW
Minimum Marks Criteria:
- For admission at DTU, IGDTUW and NSIT, candidates should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject. It is also vital that candidates must have studied English at 10+2 level.
- The admission in IIIT Delhi will be granted to those candidates, who will secure more than 80% marks in qualifying exam. Also, the candidates must also attain more than 80% marks in the Mathematics subject.
- Admission in B.Arch course at IGDTUW will be only be granted if the aggregate score of the candidates in qualifying exam is more than 50%. Candidates must have also passed in Mathematics subject.
JAC Delhi 2018 Online Registration
The registration for JAC Delhi will be done online, on jacdelhi.nic.in. The candidates will first have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400 and in return, they will be given a password. With the help of it, candidates will be able to register.
To register, the candidates will first have to submit the below-mentioned details and pay the application fee:
- JEE Main 2018 Rol Number
- Security Pin
Online JAC Delhi 2018 Application Form Filling: After the fee payment, candidates will be required to access the online registration form by entering JEE Main Roll Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, and Qualifying Exam Result Status. In the JAC Delhi 2018 Application Form, the candidates will be required to submit the personal, educational and other details.
JAC Delhi 2018 Selection Criteria
The selection of the candidates will be done only on the basis of JEE Main 2018 All India Rank. For admission in B.Tech and B.E courses, the rank in Paper 1 will be considered. However, admission in B.Arch program, under JAC Delhi 2018, the rank of the candidates in Paper 2 will be used.
IIIT-D Admission: It should also be noted that apart from the JEE Main 2018 rank, IIIT-D will give bonus marks to the candidates for achievement in National Talent Search, Culture, Innovation, Olympiads, Chess, etc.
JAC Delhi 2018 Seat Matrix
The seat matrix for JAC 2018 will be released later. In comparison to last year, 128 seats have been increased and all of it has been added by DTU. Earlier, DTU was offering 1797. However, now the intake has been extended to 1925. The seat matrix for 2017 is given in the table below.
|Institutes||JAC Delhi 2017 Seat Intake||SPOT Round Seat Intake|
JAC Delhi 2018 Reservation of Seats
The reservation under JAC Delhi 2017 is as below in the table.
JAC Delhi 2018 Choice Filling and Locking
Registered candidates, who have successfully submitted the application fee will be required to login and submit the choices for the course and college. Candidates can fill as many choices as they wish but in the order of priority.
- Female candidates seeking admission in IGDTUW Architecture course will be required to choose B.Arch as one of the choices.
The entered choices will be locked automatically after the lapse of the deadline. The candidates are advised to take a printout of the submitted choice. It has to be produced during the final reporting.
JAC Delhi 2018 Seat Allotment
The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of following factors:
- JEE Main 2018 AIR.
- The choice for the course and college submit by the candidate.
- Order of priority.
- The number of Vacant Seats.
Candidates should note that if they have applied for B.Tech/B.E and B.Arch course then the seat will be allocated on the basis of the order of priority. The allocate seat will be provisional and the candidates will be able to check it from the official JAC Delhi 2018 login. candidates may choose the allotment or withdraw from it.
JAC Delhi 2018 Admission Fee Payment and Reporting
Candidates who will be allocated seat and aim to accept it will be required to pay Rs. 75000. The JAC Delhi Seat Acceptance fee can be paid online or in cash. Next, the candidates will have to report to the allocated institute, submit required documents an confirm the admission.
The documents required during the verification at the time of reporting are as below:
- JAC Delhi Fee Payment Receipt
- Copy of the online registration form. It should be signed by parents/guardian of candidates.
- Printout of choices submitted.
- 3 passport size photographs.
- Printout of JEE Main 2018 Admit Card.
- Printout of JEE Main 2018 scorecard.
- Class 12th mark sheet.
- Seat allotment letter of JAC Delhi 2018.
- Birth Certificate.
- Reserved category/sub-category Certificate.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- PD sub-category certificate.
Fee Structure of JAC Delhi 2018 Participating Institutes
JAC Delhi Official Website – www.jacdelhi.nic.in.
Candidates can also refer to the Information Brochure of JAC Delhi 2017.