JAC Delhi 2018 is being held for admission to DTU, NSIT, IGDTUW, IIITD. Joint Admission Counselling (JAC) Delhi 2018 started after the declaration of JEE Main result. The Round 1 seat allotment result has been announced and the candidates can check it from below. The counselling is being held to fill 85% seats from candidates belonging to Delhi region and fill the remaining 15% seats with the outside state candidates. Check JAC Delhi 2018 counselling process, registration details, eligibility criteria, seat matrix and more information from this page.
Joint Admission Counselling Delhi 2018
JAC is basically a counselling and admission process. The qualifiers of JEE Main 2018 will be required to apply separately for the counselling, in order to receive admission in any of the following colleges.
JAC Delhi Admission 2018 Important Dates
|Online registration and choice filling will begin from||15 Jun 2018|
|Closing dates of Registration cum-counselling fee submission|
|Online payment using NetBanking/ Credit/ Debit cards and Cash using e-Challan through SBI Collect.||23 Jun 2018|
|ONLINE Payment using Netbanking /Credit Card / Debit Card through Billdesk.||23 Jun 2018|
|Closing of Online Registration and Choice Filling||23 Jun 2018|
|Verification of Documents||25 Jun 2018|
- Click Here to get the complete schedule.
Participating Institute of JAC Delhi Counselling
The JAC Counselling 2018 will be held for the admission of candidates in the following four colleges only. The course offered by these colleges are mentioned along:
- Delhi Technological University (DTU) – 4 year B.Tech
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) – 4-year B.Tech and 4 years B.Arch
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIT-D) – 4 and 5 years B.Tech
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) – 4 years B.E
JAC Delhi 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Admission in B. E. / B. Tech. Courses in NSIT, DTU, and IGDTUW will be strictly on the basis of All India Rank in JEE (Main) – 2018 Paper-1. Admission in IIIT-D will be based on total marks obtained in Paper-1 of JEE Main 2018 and bonus marks 2018 for achievements in various areas like Olympiads, Programming Contest, National Talent Search, Sports, Culture, Chess, Innovation, etc
The qualifying examination for admission to all the participating Universities / Institutes is any of the following examination:
- Senior School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Any other examination recognized as equivalent to the Senior School Certificate Examination of the CBSE
Note: Candidates who have appeared at the Annual Examination in the year 2018 and have been placed in compartment will not be eligible for admission for the year 2018
Minimum Marks Criterion in Qualifying Examination
B. E. / B. Tech. Course at NSIT, IGDTUW and DTU: A candidate securing 60% or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, and have passed English as a subject of study at the Senior School Certificate Examination Level (Core or Elective) AND having JEE Main 2018 Rank (Paper 1) shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of B. Tech. / B. E. course provided he/she has passed in each subject separately.
B. Tech. Course at IIIT-D: A candidate who has secured 80% or more marks in the aggregate of best of five subjects including Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and 80% or more in Mathematics in qualifying examination AND having JEE Main 2018 Rank (Paper 1) is eligible.
B. Arch. Course at IGDTUW: A candidate securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate of 10+2 or equivalent exam with Mathematics and English as a compulsory subject AND qualifying JEE Main 2018 (Paper 2) examination shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of B. Arch. course provided she has passed in each subject separately
Age Limit: For all participating institutions, there is no minimum and maximum age criteria.
JAC Delhi 2018 Online Registration
The registration for JAC Delhi will be done online, on jacdelhi.nic.in. The candidates will first have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400 + Bank/BillDesk Transactions Charges. and in return, they will be given a password. With the help of it, candidates will be able to register.
To register, the candidates will first have to submit the below-mentioned details and pay the application fee:
- JEE Main 2018 Rol Number
- Security Pin
Online JAC Delhi 2018 Application Form Filling: After the fee payment, candidates will be required to access the online registration form by entering JEE Main Roll Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, and Qualifying Exam Result Status. In the JAC Delhi 2018 Application Form, the candidates will be required to submit the personal, educational and other details.
JAC Delhi 2018 Selection Criteria
During this step, the choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted in the order of merit as explained below on the basis of the locked choices. The allotment result will be available on the website http://www.jacdelhi.nic.in.
NSIT, DTU and IGDTUW
- No separate merit list will be prepared. The provisional seat allotment will be based solely on the All India Rank (CRL) of the candidate in the JEE (Main) 2018 examination as given by CBSE.
- For B.E. / B.Tech. programmes, All India CRL Rank in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2018 will be considered.
- For B. Arch. at IGDTUW, All India CRL Rank in Paper-2 of JEE (Main) 2018 will be considered.
- Other than above merit rank, provisional seat allotment will be done by considering all the details provided by the candidate in his/her ONLINE application like category, region, minimum qualification eligibility criterion, choices filled etc.
Preparation of Merit list in respect of IIIT Delhi
- Total marks obtained in Paper-1 in JEE Main 2018 converted to base of 100.
- Bonus marks, if any, as defined in Information brochure (maximum: 10).
- The priority list will be based on the total of the above two.
- In case of a tie, candidate with a higher rank in JEE Mains2018 shall rank highe
JAC Delhi 2018 Seat Matrix
The seat matrix for JAC 2018 has been released. University / Institute wise seat matrix is given below.
JAC Delhi 2018 Reservation of Seats
The reservation under JAC Delhi 2018 is as below in the table.
Reservation Policy of NSIT, DTU and IGDTUW
Reservation policy at IIIT-Delhi
|Persons with Disabilities||5%|
JAC Delhi 2018 Choice Filling and Locking
Filling of Choices:
All the registered candidates, who have successfully paid their counseling fee, are required to exercise their choices of University / Institute and Branch in order of their preference. As per the eligibility of the candidate, available seat information relating to University/Institute and Branches will be displayed. Candidates can fill in as much number of choices in the order of preference as they wish to fill, from the list of available choices. The registered candidates are required to see the fees structure and branches of each institute before filling the choices. It is in the interest of the candidates to fill maximum number of available choices.
Please Note: Eligible Female Candidates seeking admission in B. Architecture Programme at IGDTUW must choose B.Arch. as one of the Choice.
Choice Locking & Printing of Locked Choices:
- Choices filled by candidate will be locked automatically after registration period is over.
- Candidates have to take the print out of the filled choices only after closing of choice filling.
JAC Delhi 2018 Seat Allotment
After the choice filling period is over, besides other parameters, all filled choices of all registered candidates will be considered for allotment of seats as per All India Merit Rank in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) – 2018 for DTU, IGDTUW and NSIT. For IIIT-D visit the seat allotment page.
JAC Delhi 2018 Fee Structure
Candidate, who is provisionally allotted a seat first time in any round; will have to pay the admission fee using any of the following modes before reporting for admission & document verification at the respective University / Institute as per counseling schedule.
- By Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking through Bill Desk Payment Gateway Candidates can pay their initial admission fee of Rs.75,000/- using the Bill Desk Payment Gateway facility accessible on the JAC website in the candidate’s login account.
- Credit Card / Internet Banking through SBI Collect Candidates can pay their initial admission fee of Rs.75,000/- using the SBI Collect facility. Link for SBI Collect will be available on JAC website. Additional charges will be applicable depending upon payment mode.
- By Cash at any branch of SBI using SBI Collect e-Challan Alternatively, candidates may pay their initial admission fee of Rs.75,000/- (plus additional bank charges) through cash payment at the any branch of State Bank of India using the SBI e-Challan.
The documents required during the verification at the time of reporting are as below:
- Receipt of the Admission Fee Payment.
- Online created Registration Form duly signed by guardian/parent and candidate.
- Printout of filled choices (printed after closing of registration)
- Three passport size photograph.
- Printout of the Admit Card & Score Card of JEE(Main)-2018.
- Marks sheet of the qualifying examination i.e. Class XII or equivalent.
- Printout out of Seat Allotment Letter downloaded from www.jacdelhi.nic.in
- Date of Birth Certificate as indicated in High School or equivalent examination i.e. Class X
- Reserved category / sub-category Certificate
- Medical fitness certificate original in case of General / SC / ST / CW / OBC / SG / TP / CW / KM (Format available in this brochure).
- PD sub-category:
JAC Delhi Official Website – www.jacdelhi.nic.in.
For more details on JAC Delhi 2018, download information brochure.