Join Admission Counseling (JAC) Delhi 2020 is conducted for admission to the four premier universities in Delhi DTU, IGDTUW, IIT-D, and NSUT in engineering/architecture programs. Joint Admission Counselling (JAC) Delhi 2020 starts after the declaration of JEE Main result of Paper 1 (for BE/B.Tech) and Paper 2 (for B.Arch). All the candidates desirous of seeking admission to the B.Tech/B.Arch. Programme in the prescribed Universities are required to visit website jacdelhi.nic.in. Check JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling information from this page.
Joint Admission Counselling Delhi 2020
JAC is basically a counselling and admission rounds for admission to DTU, NSIT, IGDTUW, and IIIT-D. The qualifiers of JEE Main are required to fill the online registration-cum-counseling form, in order to receive admission in any of the following colleges. Candidates can check the important dates related to JAC Delhi 2020, from below.
Important Dates for Online Registration for B.Tech. & B.Arch.
|Online registration and choice filling will begin from||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|The closing of Online Registration and Choice Filling||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of seat allotment result||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Verification of Documents||2nd week of Jun 2020|
Participating Institutes of JAC Delhi Counselling 2020
The candidates can check below the list of colleges of Delhi state that take admission based on JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling:
|1. Delhi Technological University (DTU)||4 year B.Tech|
|2. Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW)||4-year B.Tech and 4 years B.Arch|
|3. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIT-D)||4 and 5 years B.Tech|
|4. Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT)||4 years B.E|
JAC Delhi 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Admission in B.Tech. Courses in NSUT, DTU, and IGDTUW is strictly on the basis of All India Rank in JEE (Main) – Paper-I scores
- Admission in B.Arch. Course in IGDTUW is strictly on the basis of CRL rank in JEE (Main) – Paper-II scores.
- Admission in IIT-D is based on percentile score obtained in Paper-I of JEE Main and bonus points for achievements in various area like Olympiads, Programming Contest, National Talent Search, Sports, Culture, Chess, Innovation, etc.
A candidate must have passed their qualifying exam, in either of the following Boards:
- Senior School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Any other examination recognized as equivalent to the Senior School Certificate Examination of the CBSE
Note: Candidates who have appeared at the Annual Examination in the year 2020 and fall under compartment category are not eligible for admission.
Minimum Marks Criterion in Qualifying Examination
B.Tech. Course at NSIT, IGDTUW, and DTU:
- Securing 60% or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Must have passed English as a subject of study at the Senior School Certificate Examination Level
- JEE Main Rank (Paper 1) shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of B. Tech. course provided he/she has passed in each subject separately.
B. Tech. Course at IIIT-D:
- Must have secured 80% or more marks in the aggregate of best of five subjects including Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- 80% or more in Mathematics in qualifying examination AND having JEE Main Rank (Paper 1) is eligible.
B. Arch. Course at IGDTUW:
- No candidate shall be admitted to B. Arch. course unless she has passed an examination at the end of the l0+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also at least 50% in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or has passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate AND qualified JEE Main (Paper II) examination.
Age Limit: For all participating institutions, there is no minimum and maximum age criteria.
JAC Delhi 2020 Online Registration
All candidates desirous of seeking admission to the engineering/architecture programs at DTU, IGDTUW, IIIT-D, and NSUT are required to visit website www.jacdelhi.nic.in to pay a non-refundable registration-cum-counseling fee of Rs.1500/- ( plus transactions charges as applicable)
The candidate will initiate the fee submission for the online registration process by entering his/her following details:
- JEE Main Application Number
- Name (as per JEE Admit Card)
Online JAC Delhi 2020 Application Form Filling: After successful fee payment, candidates are required to visit the website www.iacclelhi.nic.in again and fill the online registration form. After successful fee payment, if a candidate does not fill the ONLINE registration form, he/she will not be considered for any seat allotment in any round of the counseling.
Having paid the counseling fee, the candidate shall visit the website http://www.jacdelhi.nic.in and Click on the New Registration link. Candidate must enter the following to access the Online Registration Form:
- JEE(Main) Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Result Status: Declared Pass in 12th Class or
- Declared Pass in (10+3) Diploma Examination (ln case of Admission in B. Arch. only)
JAC Delhi 2020 Choice Filling and Locking
Filling of Choices:
- All the registered candidates, who have successfully paid their counseling fee, are required to exercise their choices of University / Institute and Branch in order of their preference.
- As per the eligibility of the candidate, available seat information relating to University/Institute and Branches will be displayed.
- Candidates can fill in as many numbers of choices in the order of preference as they wish to fill, from the list of available choices.
- The registered candidates are required to see the fee structures and branches of each university/ institute before filling the choices.
- It is in the interest of the candidates to fill the maximum number of available choices.
Please Note: B. Arch. Candidates (IGDTUW)
Eligible Female Candidates seeking admission in B. Architecture Program at IGDTUW must choose B. Arch. as one of the Choices.
Choice Locking & Printing of Locked Choices:
- Choices filled by candidates will be locked automatically’ for that particular round after the registration period is over. However, a candidate can change his/her choices for every round as per the counseling schedule.
- Candidates have to take the print out of the filled choices onl_v.- after closing of choice filling.
JAC Delhi 2020 Seat Allotment
Allotment of seat (B. Tech.): After completion of the choice filling period, including other parameters, the so filled choices of all registered candidates will be considered for allotment of seats as per CRL Rank in Paper-l of JEE (Main) for DTU, IGDTUW, NSUT and as per IIITD Rank for IIIT-D fMerit Criteria to arrive at IIITD rank
Allotment of seat (B. Arch.): After the choice filling period is over, besides other parameters, all candidates who registered for B. Arch. will be considered for allotment of seats as per All India Merit Rank in Paper-II of JEE (Main) -for for IGDTUW.
JAC Delhi 2020 Seat Matrix
The candidates can check below the total seats available in each of the 4 institutes that participate in JAC Delhi Counselling 2020:
|1. Delhi Technological University (DTU)||1925|
|2. Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW)||891|
|3. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIT-D)||382|
|4. Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT)||1080|
You can check the distribution of the seats among the various courses from here.
JAC Delhi 2020 Reservation of Seats
The reservation under JAC Delhi 2020 is as below in the table.
Reservation Policy of NSIT, DTU and IGDTUW
Reservation policy at IIIT-Delhi
|Persons with Disabilities||5%|
JAC Delhi 2020 Fee Structure
The candidates can check below the fee structure f the institutes below:
*Fee for NSUT & DTU for remaining three years of B. Tech. Courses will be as follows:
- II Year: Rs. 1,90,000/- for the academic year 2020-21
- III Year: Rs. 2,06,000/- for the academic year 2021-22
- IV Year: Rs. 2,90,000/- for the academic year 2022-23
**Fee for IGDTUW-F. remaining three years of B. Tech. and for remaining four years of B. Arch. program will be as follows:
|III||Rs. 1,05,000/-||Rs. 1,25,000/-|
|IV||Rs. 1,15,000/-||Rs. 1,37,000/-|
|V||Not Applicable||Rs. 1,50,000/-|
- Delhi Government has launched an attractive Higher Education Guarantee Scheme.
- Hostel and Mess fee has to be paid separately. Please refer to the website of the individual University/Institute.
The documents required at the time of Admission
Receipt of the Admission Fee Payment.
Online created Registration Form duly signed by guardian/parent and candidate.
Printout of filled choices (printed after the closing of registration)
Three passport size photograph.
Printout of the Admit Card & Score Card of JEE(Main.
Marks sheet of the qualifying examination i.e. Class XII or equivalent.
Printout out of Seat Allotment Letter downloaded from www.jacdelhi.nic.in
Date of Birth Certificate as indicated in High School or equivalent examination i.e. Class X
Bonus Point documents, if eligible for IIIT-D bonus point.
Reserved category/sub-category Certificate
Medical fitness certificate original in case of General / SC / ST / CW / OBC / SG / TP / CW / KM (Format available in this brochure).
PD sub-category: A certificate from the Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Physically Handicapped Karkarduma, Vikas Marg, Delhi-1 lOO92 is to be produced at the time of counseling/admission, which will certify that the applicant is fit for undergoing the said course
JAC Delhi Official Website – www.jacdelhi.nic.in.
For more details on JAC Delhi 2020 Check – Information Brochure from last year.