The University of Madras invites applications through online for admission into Post-Graduate, M.Phil., PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Courses offered by the University Departments under CBCS pattern for the Academic Year 2020-21. Madras University has released an online application form for Entrance Exam 2020. Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 to be held for Postgraduate / M.Phil / PG Diploma / Certificate courses. Candidates who are interested in studying in Madras University can apply for Madras University PG Entrance Exam 2020.
Latest: Madras University has released the online application form. Scroll down to Apply.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020
University of Madras, Chennai invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to the following Programmes of Academic Year 2020-21 under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS): Detail schedule, eligibility and admission procedure can be checked on this page. The entrance examination for admission to various courses offered in the University Departments for the Academic Year 2019-2020 will commence from July 18, 2020, to July 26, 2020. Candidates can check the important schedule for Madras University Admission 2020, is given below the table:
|Availability of Application Form|
PG Diploma & Diploma and Certificate Courses
|22 May 2020|
15 Jul 2020
|Last date Submission of Application Form|
PG Diploma & Diploma and Certificate Courses
|22 May 2020|
15 Aug 2020
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form
Candidates need to read the Prospectus carefully before online registration for admission. Applications must be complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will be rejected without any intimation. Separate application forms should be submitted for each programme (including regular and self-supportive programmes) offered by the different departments. The fee structure of the self-supportive programme is higher than the regular programme. Applications cannot be transferred from one school to another.
The various links for the application form are as follows:
- Click here to fill the online application form for Indian candidates.
- Click here to fill the online application form for foreign candidates.
- Click here to payment the application form.
The print copy of the Online application should be sent directly to the Head of the Department concerned along with the proof of payment of application cost and copies of necessary certificates and documents(SSLC and HSC certificates, Community certificate if claimed, Transfer certificate (TC), Statement of marks, provisional degree certificate.
Separate application forms at a cost of Rs.354/- (i.e. Rs. 300 + 18% GST of Rs. 54/-) shall be submitted for each programme (including regular and self-supportive programmes) offered by the different Departments. The payment made through ONLINE ONLY through State Bank Collect [SB COLLECT] and the payment receipt shall be enclosed along with the print copy of the filled in the application, otherwise, the application will summarily be rejected.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling online application form candidates need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree from any recognized University or Institute and also have passed form the relevant subjects according to the required stream admission.
- Indian as well as Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply for Madras University.
All the courses offered by Madras University and its eligibility condition are as given below the link.
- Click here to check the complete eligibility criteria in programme wise.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Madras University will be released the Admit Card / Hall Ticket for Entrance Exam to be held as per the schedule. The candidates who successfully apply and submit the application fee within the stipulated time can download the Madras University Entrance Admit Card. The students can download their hall tickets from the university website by entering his/her Mobile No (10 digits) as user id and Date of birth as password (for example dd/mm/yyyy), and any query regarding entrance examination should be addressed to the HOD of the respective Department.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Result
Madras University will announce the result of entrance exam on their official website. Candidates appeared in the examination are advised to check their result on the official website of Madras University. A direct link to check the results will also be posted on this page.
Madras University Admission Procedure 2020
- Admissions to PG. courses are based on the marks obtained in the basic qualifying examination (50 %) and the entrance examination marks (50 %)
- The number of seats is limited to each department offering the courses and selections are base on the reservation policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates from other states (except SC/ST) will be considered for selection under General Turn only.
Madras University Fee Structure
The fee structure of all the courses is given below. Fee Concession would be given to the SC/ST/SCA candidates for self-supportive courses offered in the University Departments. These students are entitled for 50 percent fee concession on tuition fee, laboratory fee and special laboratory fee only
- Click here to check the complete details of fees structure of Madras University.
- Candidates shall read the Prospectus carefully before Online registration for Admission.
- Applications must be complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will be rejected without any intimation.
- Foreign nationals including NRIs with valid passports and visa issued by the Government of India and Refugees will be considered for admission subject to the conditions prescribed by the Government, eligibility of schooling and qualifying examinations passed.
- Attested copies of mark statements of the qualifying examination shall be sent along with the print out of the online application form. However, the applicants who will appear for the final semester examinations during April/May 2020 shall send the application form along with the attested mark statements up to 5th or pre-final semesters.
- Candidates are to contact the University Information Centre (Enquiry Office) /ERC Section of the University of Madras to obtain the eligibility certificate.
- The number of seats is limited to each Department offering the courses and selections are based on the reservation policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- The SC/ST/SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu only can register only one application at free of cost. A copy of the community certificate duly attested should be submitted along with the application to avail this concession.
Official Website : unom.ac.in
For more details of Madras University Admission 2020, candidates can – Download Information Brochure 2020.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.