Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 – University of Madras (MU), Chennai, has released the application form for BA, BCA, B.Com, B.Com (CA) PG / PG Diploma / Diploma and Certificate courses. Candidates can apply for the same on official website i.e unom.ac.in. The exam is held for admissions in PG / PG Diploma / Diploma and Certificate courses. The university follows Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for admissions in the same. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, steps to apply, admit card and result for Madras University Entrance Exam.
Latest: Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 application form is available. Get more details.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020
Candidates should note that the Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 is held departmentwise mainly for the benefit of students. The university has 87 departments of post-graduate teaching and research. Shown below are the important dates for Madras University Entrance Exam 2020.
|Availability of Application Form|
PG Diploma & Diploma and Certificate Courses
|22 May 2020|
|Last date Submission of Application Form|
PG Diploma & Diploma and Certificate Courses
|to be notified|
|Availability of Application Form for BA, BCA, B.Com and B.Com (CA)||27 Jul 2020|
|Last date Submission of Application Form for BA, BCA, B.Com and B.Com (CA)||07 Aug 2020|
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form
Madras University releases the Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form on the official website i.e unom.ac.in. Candidates should fill the form correctly and carefully, as there is no edit facility for the same. The SC/ST/SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu can register one application form completely free of cost. Shown below are the steps to apply.
Foreign nationals including NRIs with valid passports and visa issued by the Government of India and Refugees are considered for admission subject to the conditions prescribed by the Government, eligibility of schooling and qualifying examinations passed.
The various links for the application form are as follows:
- Click here to fill the Application Form for BA, BCA, B.Com, and B.Com (CA).
- Click here to fill the online application form for Indian candidates.
- Click here to fill the online application form for foreign candidates.
- Click here to pay the application form fee.
Application Fee: Rs. 50
How to apply?
- Go to the official website or click on the above mentioned link.
- Next, click on the new registration button.
- Now, fill details like name of candidate, DOB, email id, mobile number, native state, community and state.
- Thereafter, OTP is sent to the phone number.
- Next, login with registered id and password.
- Now, fill the Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form with relevant details.
- Next, upload photograph, signature and certificate.
- Now, pay the application fee.
- Next, take a printout of the application form.
Now, take a printout of application form and send it along with proof of payment.The following documents also have to be attached alongside.
- HSC certificates
- Community certificate if claimed
- Transfer certificate (TC)
- Statement of marks
- Provisional / Degree certificate, Proof for any concession claimed etc.
Address: To the Head of Department
For the courses offered in Chepauk Campus ( as per campus)
The Head of the Department
Department of __
University of Madras (Chepauk Campus)
Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 354/- ( Rs. 300 + 18% GST of Rs. 54/-) application fee through online mode through SB Collect.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read and understand the eligibility criteria for Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 carefully.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree from any recognized University or Institute and also should have passed form the relevant subjects according to the required stream admission.
- Indian as well as Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply for Madras University.
Check out the required coursewise eligibility criteria
Madras University Selection Procedure 2020
- Admissions to PG. courses are based on the marks obtained in the basic qualifying examination (50 %) and the entrance examination marks (50 %)
- The number of seats is limited to each department offering the courses and selections are based on the reservation policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates from other states (except SC/ST) will be considered for selection under General Turn only.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Madras University releases the Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card / Hall Ticket on the official website. Candidates can login with their mobile No (10 digits) as user id and DOB. The hall ticket is only released for candidates who have filled the Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 application form correctly. No candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall without their hall ticket and a valid identity proof.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 Result
The conducting body releases the result for Madras University Entrance Exam 2020. Candidates can check their result by entering their registration number. It is provided in the pdf format. Selected candidates are then supposed to attend Madras University Entrance counselling or admission procedure.
Madras University 2020 Fee Structure
The fee structure of all the courses is given below. Fee Concession would be given to the SC/ST/SCA candidates for self-supportive courses offered in the University Departments. These students are entitled for 50 percent fee concession on tuition fee, laboratory fee and special laboratory fee only
- Click here to check the complete details of fees structure of Madras University.
About CBCS (Choice Based Credit System)
The Choice Based Credit System was introduced as a flexible learning course. The credits are defined as contents / syllabus. It helps students in learning at their own pace and make the best use of teaching by best faculty. Each course is identified by a unique course of code. The CBCS course has the following features.
- Laboratory work
- Project work
- Practical training
- Report writing
Official Website : unom.ac.in
For more details of Madras University Admission 2020, candidates can – Download Information Brochure 2020.
Ques 1. What are the specifications of Madras University Admission 2020 signature upload?
Ans 1. Candidates should upload the scanned copy. The signature should be signed with black pen on white paper.
Ques 2. How many seats are reserved for foreign nationals?
Ans 2. The 15% supernumerary seats are available for all the PG courses for foreign nationals.
Ques 3. I want to withdraw from admission. Will I get fee refund?
Ans 3. Yes, candidates who withdraw their admission from Madras University get a refund but after deduction of Rs. 1000.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.