Madras University Admission 2021-22 – University of Madras (MU), Chennai, has released the application form for PG/M.Phil/P.G.Diploma/ Diploma/ Certificate programmes. Candidates can apply for the same on official website i.e unom.ac.in. The exam is held for admissions in PG / PG Diploma / Diploma and Certificate courses. The university follows Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for admissions in the same. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, steps to apply, admit card and result for Madras University Entrance Exam.
Latest – Madras University has extended the last date to submit the form for the M.Phil course till August 31, 2021. Check below to apply online.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2021
Candidates should note that the Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 is held department wise mainly for the benefit of students. The university has 92 departments of post-graduate teaching and research. Shown below are the important dates for Madras University Entrance Exam 2021.
|Event||Application Start Dates||Application End Dates|
|PG Courses||12 May 2021|
|PG Diploma & Diploma and Certificate Courses||12 May 2021|
|M.Phil Course||15 Jul 2021||31 Aug 2021|
Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form
Madras University releases the Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form on the official website i.e unom.ac.in. Candidates should fill the form correctly and carefully, as there is no edit facility for the same. The SC/ST/SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu can register one application form completely free of cost. Shown below are the steps to apply.
Foreign nationals including NRIs with valid passports and visa issued by the Government of India and Refugees are considered for admission subject to the conditions prescribed by the Government, eligibility of schooling and qualifying examinations passed.
The various links for the application form are as follows:
- Click here to fill the online application form for Indian candidates.
- Click here to fill the online application form for foreign candidates.
- Click here to pay the application form fee.
How to apply?
- Go to the official website or click on the above mentioned link.
- Next, click on the new registration button.
- Now, fill details like name of candidate, DOB, email id, mobile number, native state, community and state.
- Thereafter, OTP is sent to the phone number.
- Next, login with registered id and password.
- Now, fill the Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form with relevant details.
- Next, upload photograph, signature and certificate.
- Now, pay the application fee.
- Next, take a printout of the application form.
Now, take a printout of application form and send it along with proof of payment.The following documents also have to be attached alongside.
- HSC certificates
- Community certificate if claimed
- Transfer certificate (TC)
- Statement of marks
- Provisional / Degree certificate, Proof for any concession claimed etc.
Address: To the Head of Department
For the courses offered in Chepauk Campus ( as per campus)
The Head of the Department
Department of __
University of Madras (Chepauk Campus)
Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 354/- ( Rs. 300 + 18% GST of Rs. 54/-) application fee through online mode through SB Collect.
Click here to download Online Payment Procedure
Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read and understand the eligibility criteria for Madras University Entrance Exam 2020 carefully.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree from any recognized University or Institute and also should have passed form the relevant subjects according to the required stream admission.
- Indian as well as Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply for Madras University.
Check out the required coursewise eligibility criteria
Madras University Selection Procedure 2021
- Admissions to PG. courses are based on the marks obtained in the basic qualifying examination (50 %) and the entrance examination marks (50 %)
- The number of seats is limited to each department offering the courses and selections are based on the reservation policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates from other states (except SC/ST) will be considered for selection under General Turn only.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Madras University releases the Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card / Hall Ticket on the official website. Candidates can login with their mobile No (10 digits) as user id and DOB. The hall ticket is only released for candidates who have filled the Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 application form correctly. No candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall without their hall ticket and a valid identity proof.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2021 Result
The conducting body releases the result for Madras University Entrance Exam 2021. Candidates can check their result by entering their registration number. It is provided in the pdf format. Selected candidates are then supposed to attend Madras University Entrance counselling or admission procedure.
Madras University 2021 Fee Structure
The fee structure of all the courses is given below. Fee Concession would be given to the SC/ST/SCA candidates for self-supportive courses offered in the University Departments. These students are entitled for 50 percent fee concession on tuition fee, laboratory fee and special laboratory fee only
- Click here to check the complete details of fees structure of Madras University.
About CBCS (Choice Based Credit System)
The University Departments adopted the credit based semester system (CBSS) in 1997-98 and moved Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) pattern from 2001-2002 onwards.
Choice-Based Credit System is a flexible system of learning. ‘Credit’ defines the quantum of contents/syllabus prescribed for a course and determines the number of hours of instruction required.
The distinguishing features of CBCS are the following:
It permits students to
- learn at their own pace
- choose electives from a wide range of elective courses offered by the University Departments
- undergo additional courses and acquire more than the required number of Credits
- adopt an inter-disciplinary approach in learning
- make best use of the expertise of available faculty
A programme consists of a number of courses. A ‘Course’ is a component (a paper) of a programme. Every course offered by any University Department is identified by a unique course code. A course may be designed to involve lectures / tutorials / laboratory work / seminar / project work / practical training / report writing / Viva voce, etc or a combination of these, to meet effectively the teaching and learning needs and the credits are assigned suitably.
An academic year consists of two semesters.
Odd Semester (I and III Semesters) : Normally between July and November
Even Semester (II and IV Semesters) : Normally between December and April
A semester normally extends over a period of 15 weeks. Each week has 30 working hours spread over a 5 day week. Credit requirements for M.Phil., P.G., P.G.Diploma, Diploma and Certificate course:-
- P.G. Course (2 years) … 91 Credits
- M.B.A. Course (2 years) … 94 Credits
- M.L. Course (2 years) … 102 Credits
- P.G. Course (3 years ) … 135 Credits
- P.G. Diploma … 36 Credits
- Diploma … 18 Credits
- Certificate … 9 Credits
Official Website : unom.ac.in
For more details of Madras University Admission 2021, candidates can – Download Information Brochure 2021.
Ques 1. What are the specifications of Madras University Admission 2021 signature upload?
Ques 2. How many seats are reserved for foreign nationals?
Ques 3. I want to withdraw from admission. Will I get fee refund?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.