The University of Madras invites applications through online for admission into Post-Graduate, M.Phil., PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Courses offered by the University Departments under CBCS pattern for the Academic Year 2019-20. Madras University has released an online application form for Entrance Exam 2019. Madras University Entrance Exam 2019 to be held for Postgraduate / M.Phil / PG Diploma / Certificate courses. Candidates who are interested in studying in Madras University can apply for Madras University PG Entrance Exam 2019.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2019
University of Madras, Chennai invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to the following Programmes of Academic Year 2019-20 under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS): Detail schedule, eligibility and admission procedure can be checked on this page. The entrance examination for admission to various courses offered in the University Departments for the Academic Year 2019-2020 will commence from 20 Jun 2019 to 28 Jun 2019.
|Courses||Start Date for Online Registration||Last date for submission of printout of Online Application|
|P.G. and M.Phil.||22 Apr 2019||17 Jun 2019|
|P.G. Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Courses||22 Apr 2019||31 Jul 2019|
|M.Phil.||01 Jun 2019|
|School of chemistry (M.Sc Analytical Chemistry, M.Sc Inorganic Chemistry, M.Sc Organic Chemistry, and M.Sc Physical Chemistry) entrance exam||29 Jun 2019 (10.00 am to 01.00 pm)|
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Madras University has released the Admit Card / Hall Ticket for Entrance Exam to be held as per the schedule. The candidates who successfully apply and submit the application fee within the stipulated time can download the Madras University Entrance Admit Card. The students can download their hall tickets from the university website by entering his/her Mobile No (10 digits) as user id and Date of birth as password (for example dd/mm/yyyy), and any query regarding entrance examination should be addressed to the HOD of the respective Department.
Admit card: Click here to download the admit card for Madras University PG Entrance Exam 2019.
How to Download Admit Card
- Visit the official website and click on Admit Card link.
- There are two options using which the Admit Card can be downloaded.
- Candidate can use option one by providing Programme, Branch, and Mobile no.
- Candidate can use option two by providing Application No. and Date of Birth.
- After entering the information, click the “Download Hall Ticket” button.
- Save and print the Admit Card to appear in the Madras University Entrance Exam.
Candidates need to read the Prospectus carefully before online registration for admission. Applications must be complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will be rejected without any intimation. Separate application forms should be submitted for each programme (including regular and self-supportive programmes) offered by the different departments. The fee structure of the self-supportive programme is higher than the regular programme. Applications cannot be transferred from one School to another.
The various links for the application form are as follows:
- Click here to apply online for M.Phill Admissions.
- Click Here to register for Ph.D.
- Click Here to apply for Ph.D.
- Click Here for online fees payment.
- Click Here to apply for a Ph.D. Guide ship.
The print copy of the Online application should be sent directly to the Head of the Department concerned along with the proof of payment of application cost and copies of necessary certificates and documents(SSLC and HSC certificates, Community certificate if claimed, Transfer certificate (TC), Statement of marks, provisional degree certificate.
Separate application forms at a cost of Rs.354/- (i.e. Rs. 300 + 18% GST of Rs. 54/-) shall be submitted for each programme (including regular and self-supportive programmes) offered by the different Departments. The payment made through ONLINE ONLY through State Bank Collect [SB COLLECT] and the payment receipt shall be enclosed along with the print copy of the filled in the application, otherwise, the application will summarily be rejected.
Before filling online application form candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria. Only eligible candidates will get the admit card for giving the examination.All the courses offered by Madras University and its eligibility condition are as given:
Madras University will announce the result of entrance exam on their official website. Candidates appeared in the examination are advised to check their result on the official website of Madras University. A direct link to check the results will also be posted on this page.
- Admissions to PG/M.Phil. programmes are based on the marks obtained in the basic qualifying examination and the entrance examination marks.
- The number of seats is limited to each department offering the courses and selections are base on the reservation policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates from other states (except SC/ST) will be considered for selection under General Turn only.
The fee structure of all the courses are given below. Fee Concession would be given to the SC/ST/SCA candidates for self-supportive courses offered in the University Departments. These students are entitled for 50 percent fee concession on tuition fee, laboratory fee and special laboratory fee only
- Candidates shall read the Prospectus carefully before Online registration for Admission.
- Applications must be complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will be rejected without any intimation.
- Foreign nationals including NRIs with valid passports and visa issued by the Government of India and Refugees will be considered for admission subject to the conditions prescribed by the Government, eligibility of schooling and qualifying examinations passed.
- Attested copies of mark statements of the qualifying examination shall be sent along with the print out of the online application form. However, the applicants who will appear for the final semester examinations during April/May 2019 shall send the application form along with the attested mark statements upto 5th or pre-final semesters.
- Candidates are to contact the University Information Centre (Enquiry Office) /ERC Section of the University of Madras to obtain the eligibility certificate.
- Number of seats are limited to each Department offering the courses and selections are based on the reservation policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- The SC/ST/SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu only can register only one application at free of cost. A copy of the community certificate duly attested should be submitted along with the application to avail this concession.
Click here to check the admission notice of Madras University Admission 2019
Official Website : www.unom.ac.in
For more details of Madras University Admission 2019 Download Information Brochure 2019.