Madras University has released a notification and invited online application form for Entrance Exam 2017. Madras University Entrance Exam 2017 to be held for Postgraduate / M.Phil / PG Diploma / Certificate courses. Candidates who are interested in studying in Madras University can apply for Madras University PG Entrance Exam 2017.
Note – Entrance Examination Result for M.Sc Physics course offered by the Department of Theoretical Physics have been released. Click on the link provided below.
Madras University Entrance Exam 2017
University of Madras, Chennai had invited applications from eligible candidates for admission to the following Programmes of Academic Year 2017-18 under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS): Detail schedule, eligibilty and admission procedure can be checked on this page.
Schedule for Madras University Entrance Exam 2017 is given below.
|Last date for M.Phil & Master’s Programme||19 Jun 2017|
|Last date for PG Diploma, Diploma & Certificate Programmes||31 Jul 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||19 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination ( Master’s Programme)||22 Jun – 30 Jun 2017|
Application Form 2017
Candidates who are going to apply for Madras University Entrance Exam 2017 must fill Separate application forms (at a cost of Rs. 300/-) shall be submitted for each programme (including regular and self-supportive programmes) offered by the different departments. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria before filling the application for any course.
- Application process are over now…!!
Application Fee is Rs. 300/-.
Candidates can check their Eligibility Criteria for different/various courses at the time of filling Online Application or can also check their eligibility from the Information Brochure attached below.
The print copy of the Online application shall be sent directly to the Head of the Department* concerned along with the proof of payment of application cost and copies of necessary certificates and documents (SSLC and HSC certificates, Community certificate if claimed, Transfer certificate (TC), Statement of marks, provisional degree certificate, Proof for any concession claimed etc.) on or before 20.06.2017. (Original certificates should not be sent along with application).
Address on the envelope shall be written as given below:
- For the courses offered in Chepauk Campus The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras(Chepauk Campus) Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005
- For the courses offered in Guindy
Campus The Head of the Department Department of ____________University of Madras (Guindy Campus) Guindy, Chennai – 600 025
- For the courses offered in Marina Campus The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras (Marina Campus) Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005
- For the courses offered in Taramani Campus The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras (Taramani Campus) Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
- For the courses offered in Chetpet Campus The Head of the Department Department of ____________ University of Madras (Chetpet Campus) Chetpet, Chennai – 600 031
- For Foreign Students The Director International Centre of Madras University (ICOM) University of Madras Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Madras University has issued the Admit Card / Hall Ticket for Entrance Exam to be held as per the schedule. The candidates who have applied and submitted the application fee within the stipulated time are issued the Madras University Entrance Admit Card 2017. To download the Admit Card, candidates can visit the official website OR use the direct link provided below.
- To download Hall Ticket for P.G./M.Phil. Programmes – Click Here
Note: – School of Chemistry (Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemist, Physical Chemistry) common entrance examination will be held on 24-06-2017 at A.C. Tech. Building, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, (Opp. to Gandhi Mandapam) Chennai. – 600025. students can download the hall ticket from 21-06-2017 onwards
Official website to download admit card is – unom.ac.in
How to Download Admit Card
- Go to the official Admit Card as provided above to reach the download page.
- There are two options using which the Admit Card can be downloaded.
- Candidate can use option one by providing Programme, Branch and Mobile no.
- Candidate can use option two by providing Application No. and Date of Bith.
- After entering the information, click “Downlaod Admit Card” button.
- Save and print the Admit Card to appear in the Madras University Entrance Exam 2017
Madras University has been announced the result of entrance exam on their official website. Candidates appeared in the examination are advised to check their result on the official website of Madras University. Direct link to check the results has also posted on this page.
- To Check Entrance Examination Result for M.Sc Physics course offered by the Department of Theoretical Physics – Click here
Official website to check result is – unom.ac.in
- Admissions to PG/M.Phil. programmes are based on the marks obtained in the basic qualifying
examination (50 percent) and the entrance examination marks (50 percent).
- NNumber of seats are limited to each department offering the courses and selections are base on the reservation policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates from other states (except SC/ST) will be considered for selection under General
For more details of Madras University Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.
Madras University Distance Educati0on Admission
- Distance Education Admission to UG, PG, Professional Courses, BLIS, MLIS, Certificate & Diploma