Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC) will declare the result of Online Entrance Test 2019 on its official website and notice board. Candidates will be able to check their result by clicking on the Result tab on the Xavier Institute of Communications official website or the direct link will be provided on this page. The university displays the names of all shortlisted candidates along with their application numbers for admission in diploma programmes offered by it. The final result displayed only after the written test and skype interview round/ group discussion/ personal interview are conducted.
XIC OET 2019 Result
Candidates can check the offered admission in any of the courses at XIC on the basis of their score in XIC OET 2019 exam as well as performance in skype interview round/ group discussion/ personal interview (if applicable).
Xavier Institute of Communications Entrance Exam Tentative Schedule is given below:
|Examination Date||Last week of April & first week of May 2019|
|Group Discussion and Interview will be conducted on||First week & Second week of May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||First week of June 2019|
|Date of Waiting list candidates (if any seats available)||Second week of June 2019|
Result: XIC OET 2019 Result will be available at official website i.e., www.xaviercomm.org
How to check the Result?
The candidates should perform the following actions to check the result of XIC online entrance test 2019:
Step 1: Log on to the official website at http://www.xaviercomm.org/ or direct link provided on this page.
Step 2: The link will open a new window.
Step 3: Then according to the course applied for click on the name of the course, for example if you appeared in the entrance examination for Journalism, you should click on the link ‘Journalism and Mass Communication’
Step 4: The list of qualified candidates will appear on your screen
Courses available for Admission in Xavier Institute of Communications
The courses available for admission at Xavier Institute of Communications are as mentioned below:
- Communication for Development
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Public Relations & Corporate Communication
- Advertising & Marketing Communication
- Film, Television & Digital Video Production
Seats Availability in XIC Entrance Exam 2019
As per the officials of Xavier Institute of Communications, there are around 60 seats each for Public Relations & Corporate Communication and Advertising & Marketing Communication courses. The institute also offers 35 seats for Film, Television & Digital Video Production programme and about 55 seats for Journalism & Mass Communication programme. You may also refer the table below:
|1||Public Relations & Corporate Communication||60|
|2||Advertising & Marketing Communication||60|
|3||Film, Television & Digital Video Production||35|
|4||Journalism & Mass Communication||55|
The admission in Xavier Institute of Communications, will be on the basis of performance in online test and GD/ PI/ Skype Interview. Now let us discuss each one by one.
Online Entrance Test (OET)
The Online Entrance Test will be a 90 minute online test carrying a total of 150 marks.
It will consist of TWO SECTIONS:
- The OBJECTIVE SECTION carries 100 marks and is for a duration of 60 minutes.
- It will consist of questions based on Language Skills, General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media, Logical and Analytical skills.
- The SUBJECTIVE SECTION carries 50 marks and is for a duration of 30 minutes.
- This section will consist of 3 questions which could be media related in order to assess creativity, social values, writing skills, etc of the candidate. Some questions can also be related to the Course you are applying for.
What after Online Entrance Test?
After the online entrance test candidates who qualify for the “Skype Video Interview” (SVI) will be intimated by the Test Supervisor immediately. These candidates will have to make their own arrangements to stay back or may have to wait for an added hour (at least) till the “Skype Video Interview” takes place.
For Journalism (JR), Advertising (AM), Film & TV (FT) and Communication for Development (C4D) Courses
For such candidates ‘Skype Video Interview’ (SVI) will be conducted for admissions in postgraduate degree programs.
|Diploma in Public Relations & Corporate Communications||XIC OET|
|Diploma in Advertising & Marketing Communication||XIC OET|
|Diploma in Film, Television & Digital Video Production||XIC OET|
The Personal Interview via “Skype Video Interview” will NOT APPLY TO CANDIDATES applying for the OET at the Mumbai Centre. At this Centre, the successful candidates who will obtain minimum qualification standard in the XIC OET 2019 will be informed about appearing for a “LIVE” Personal Interview immediately after the Test.
Candidates who will apply for Public Relations & Corporate Communications and appearing for the OET from the Pune, Bengaluru and Kolkata centres and obtain the minimum qualification standard in the OET shall be informed and invited to XIC, Mumbai Centre for a Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) if qualified after GD
Students who will clear their OET 2019 from Delhi Centre may have their GD/PI at Delhi centre itself.
Candidates Applying for the Public Relations & Corp. Comm. Course Kindly read the Note below:
Candidates who shall be seeking admission for Public Relations & Corporate Communications will have to come for their GD & PI with the preparatory assignment already complete.
Last year the candidates were asked to meet and speak to a senior professional working in a Public Relations agency and prepare a 2 or 3 page typed write-up on the following:
- What is the practice of Public Relations all about?
- What is the practice of Corporate Communications all about?
- What are the typical activities that a Trainee does in the 1st year of work in a Public Relations firm?
- What skills are required to be a successful P.R. Executive in a Public Relations company and career?
Also in the write-up, the aspiring candidate would have to quote who they interacted with, in the agency to seek such information. (Mention Name, Cell number, E-mail ID and attach a visiting card of the person the candidate met)
- It is mandatory to meet a Manager in a P.R. agency. A Corporate Communication Executive/ Manager is not acceptable for the interaction.
- This has to be done in person only and not via the telephone / video conference.
- Candidates should carry their assignment to the Group Discussion / Interview without which they will not qualify for the Group Discussion / Interview.
- The candidate will have to clear the Online Entrance Test and the Group Discussion, to get to the Interview stage
Few questions that are generally asked by candidates
What Happens after the “Skype Video” / “Live Interview”?
You will have to wait patiently till first week of June (tentative date) for the Results. Based on the overall performance, a final list of successful candidates will be drawn up on the XIC Website and the XIC Notice Boards.
Will a ‘wait list’ be announced?
Yes, the wait list will be announced tentatively on second week of June 2019.
What will be the mode of Payment of Course Fees for Selected Candidates?
You can deposit the fees by either of the following ways:
Make a Draft in favor of XAVIER INSTITUTE OF COMMUNICATIONS payable at MUMBAI and handover to the concerned Course Co-ordinators who will in turn hand it over to the Accounts department along with the form and then you may collect the receipt. OR
Make a Draft in favor of XAVIER INSTITUTE OF COMMUNICATIONS payable at MUMBAI and courier it to the Institute’s address.
Do I need to submit any documents for admission?
The following documents have to be submitted in the XIC Office to confirm your admission. Kindly submit these documents along with the Fees. Outstation candidates will have to submit the documents on the first day of college.
- Two Photographs (3cms x 3cms)
- Original Graduation Mark-sheet along with an attested photocopy
- Attested Address Proof
- Students Attestation Form (to be downloaded from the XIC official website) to be duly filled.
In case of a ‘NO SHOW’?
If the fees are not received by the XIC office within the stipulated period, it will be taken for granted that you wish to abstain your seat. XIC will then approach the next candidate in line on the Wait List, in order to fill the vacant seat.