|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Presidency University, Kolkata offers admission to various UG and PG Programmes through an Entrance Examination which will be conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) for the academic year 2018-19. Those who are interested to take admission in Presidency University may fill their application in online mode from the official website www.presiuniv.ac.in or wbjeeb.in. Candidates can check the complete information of Presidency University Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
- PUBDET 2018 is for admission to Undergraduate Courses
- PUMDET 2018 is for admission to Post Graduate Courses
Presidency University Admission 2018
Candidates can fill their application for various UG and PG Courses from the official website as per schedule mention below. Those who fill their application on time will be eligible to download admit card for entrance examination which will be held in the month of May 2018. The Board will conduct common entrance tests PUBDET for admission into three-year B.A. /B.Sc. (Honours) courses and PUMDET for admission into two year M.A./M. Sc. courses in the Presidency University.
Schedule for Presidency University Admission (PUBDET & PUMDET) 2018 is given below.
|Period of online Registration and Form fillup||06 to 28 Feb 2018||13 Feb to 06 Mar 2018|
|Issue of admit card||02 May 2018||03 May 2018|
|Date of Exam||12 May & 13 May 2018||13 May 2018|
|Publication of result||1st week of June 2018||1st week of June 2018|
Presidency University Application Form 2018
The Presidency University will start the process of form fill up at the official website www.presiuniv.ac.in as per schedule. Candidates are advised that they must ensure their eligibility and other condition before applying online application. Candidates can also fill their online application for PUBDET & PUMDET 2018 from the direct link provided below.
- Apply Online – Link will be available here.
According to last year. the amount of application fees to be paid for appearing in the PUBDET / PUMDET 2018 is Rs. 400 (Rupees four hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable. The Examination Fees can be paid in cashless mode by ‘Net Banking’/ ‘Debit Card’/ ‘Credit Card’ or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan.
The information provided below about eligibility criteria of PUBDET / PUMDET 2018 application form.
For UG Courses
- Each candidate may apply for a maximum of two subjects.
- Candidates who have passed/appeared in the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 system) conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal or an equivalent examination are eligible to apply
- For admission, the candidate must pass any of the aforementioned examinations, with at least five recognized subjects (full marks not less than 100), including English language.
- For admission, candidates with International ‘A’ level or International Baccalaureate qualifications, at least three subjects at the IGCSE level and three subjects at the ‘A’ level are required, with English in either of the two levels.
- For admission, the candidate must secure a minimum aggregate score as per the following table in his/her qualifying examination in 12th standard
Special Academic Criteria
Besides the minimum aggregate, as shown above, the candidate must also fulfil following special academic criteria for admission in respective courses.
|Course||Special Academic Criteria|
|Bengali||The candidate may apply from Arts / Science stream at 10+2 level. The candidate must have Bengali as one subject with 60% marks in Bengali|
|English||The candidate may apply from Arts / Science stream at 10+2 level. The candidate must have English as one subject with 65% marks in English-A (WBHS) or 75% in English|
|History||The candidate has to apply from Arts stream at 10+2 level. The candidate must have History as one subject with 65% marks in History|
|Political Science||The candidate may apply from Arts / Science stream at 10+2 level. The candidate must have English as one subject with 60% marks in English|
|Sociology||The candidate may apply from Arts / Science / Commerce stream at 10+2 level. The candidate must have English as one subject with 70% marks in English|
|Hindi||The candidate may apply from Arts / Science stream at 10+2 level. The candidate must have Hindi as one subject with 60% marks in Hindi|
|Performing Arts||The candidate may apply from Arts / Science stream at 10+2 level. The candidate must have English as one subject with 60% marks in English|
|Physics||The candidate has to apply from Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at 10+2 level. The candidate must have secured 80% in Physics and 80% in Mathematics|
|Chemistry||The candidate has to apply from Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at 10+2 level. The candidate must have secured 80% in Chemistry|
|Mathematics||The candidate has to apply from Science stream with Mathematics as one subject at 10+2 level. The candidate must have secured 80% in Mathematics|
|Statistics||The candidate has to apply from Science stream with Mathematics as one subject at 10+2 level. The candidate must have secured 80% in Mathematics or 80% in Statistics (if Statistics is one of the subjects taken at the 10+2 level)|
|Life Sciences||The candidate has to apply from Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Statistics and Biology at 10+2 level.|
|Economics||The candidate may apply from Arts / Science / Commerce stream at 10+2 level. The candidate must have Mathematics (not Business Mathematics) as one subject with 70% marks in English (A/B) and 75% in Mathematics|
|Geography||The candidate may apply from Arts / Science stream with any three of the following subjects at 10+2 level: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, History, Geography, Geology|
|Geology||The candidate has to apply from Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at 10+2 level. The candidate must have secured 70% in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
For PG Courses
Eligibility criteria for appearing in PUMDET-2018
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India
- Candidates who have passed or appearing B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) final examination in 2017 from any recognized University, are eligible to apply for and appear in PUMDET-2017.
Eligibility criteria for admission
- The candidate must have passed or appeared in B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) examination from any recognized University.
- Candidates, who have appeared for their B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) examination and have their final results at the time of counselling will have to mandatorily produce all original mark sheets/grade cards of all semester/annual examinations passed at the Bachelor’s level. Such candidates must fulfill the academic eligibility norms for their applied courses tabled below for admission.
- Candidates, who have appeared for their final B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) examination, but do not have their final results at the time of counselling, will be given provisional admission, on the basis of production of their previous mark sheets/grade cards of all previous semester/annual examinations at their Bachelor’s level. However they must submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, demonstrating that they fulfil the minimum conditions of eligibility tabled below, failing which their admission will stands cancelled.
- Therefore the candidate must secure the minimum required percentage of marks/CGPA in hons./major subject in his/her B.A. (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons) examination for final and confirmed admission.
Candidate has to carry a printed hard copy of the admit card along with a photograph identical to the one uploaded to the examination centre. Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in PUBDET/PUMDET-2018.
Duplicate admit cards cannot be generated after the examination. Hence, candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition for all future purpose.
WBJEEB does not verify the information provided by the candidate during online application. Admit cards issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. All applicants who appear to be prima facie eligible will be issued admit cards and shall be provisionally permitted to sit for PUBDET / PUMDET-2018.
Exam Pattern for PUBDET / PUMDET 2018
The medium of tests will be English except for vernacular subjects like Hindi and Bengali. In every subject, all questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type, with four options against each of the questions. There will 50 (fifty) questions in each paper, full marks 100 and time 90 minutes.
- Final result will be published in the form of Rank Cards, which will contain all relevant ranks and total score. Rank cards will be available only from the portal www.wbjeeb.in.
- Candidates will be able to view and download their rank card by logging in with their password.
- Duplicate rank cards cannot be generated at any later stage after a specified date. Hence candidates are advised to retain their rank cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition for all future purpose.
- Ranks will be awarded to all candidates, who appear for PUBDET / PUMDET -2018.
- But all those, who appear in the examination and have a rank, may not be eligible for counselling, for which a cut off rank and/or a cut off score will be decided by the board, which will be announced at the time of publication of the result
- A separate notification with details of counseling/seat allotment and admission will be published in www.wbjeeb.in shortly after publication of result. Only those, eligible for counseling, will be able to participate in it.
- Credentials of candidates eligible for counseling and admission will be verified at the counselling Center on stipulated dates, details of which will be notified in due course of time.
- Since counseling and admission process is sequential according to rank, candidate has to appear for counselling on the specified date and time only. It is not possible to allow any different date or time for any candidate.
- The candidate has to appear himself/herself. No other person is allowed to appear for counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
Insofar, only schedule of PUBDET / PUMDET 2018 has been published. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as the officials release the information brochure, details will be updated here.
- For complete details of PUBDET 2017- Download Official Notification.
- For complete details of PUMDET 2017- Download Official Notification.