PUMDET 2023 was held on 30 July 2023. The WBJEE PUMDET exam is a University level exam in West Bengal. It is a Common entrance exam. It is organized by WBJEEB for admission to MA, M.Sc in Presidency University, Kolkata. If you want to take Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test then fill application form before last date. Then download WBJEE PUMDET admit card and appear in exam. After exam, check answer key and then PUMDET 2023 result.
Latest – PUMDET 2023 result has been released. Get link to check the result here
What is PUMDET exam?
The full form of WBJEE PUMDET is Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test. It is organized by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board at a University level. This is a Common entrance exam. You can get admission in MA, M.Sc in Presidency University, Kolkata through this exam.
PUMDET 2023 Exam Date
WBJEEB decides and announces the exam date of PUMDET 2023. Note the following dates. However, also check wbjeeb.nic.in regularly for any changes in schedule.
|Release of notification||As per WBJEEB|
|Release of PUMDET 2023 application form||31 Jan 2023|
|Last date to apply online at wbjeeb.nic.in||21 Feb 2023, 5.30 p.m|
|Online correction and downloading revised confirmation page||23 – 24 Feb 2023|
|PUMDET 2023 admit card release date||24 Jul 2023|
|PUMDET 2023 Exam Date||30 Jul 2023 at 12:00 noon|
|Release of official answer key, OMR Response Sheet||18 Aug 2023|
|Last date to raise objections against answer key, OMR Response Sheet||21 Aug 2023 (up to 11.59 pm)|
|Release of final answer key||05 Sep 2023|
|PUMDET 2023 result announcement||06 Sep 2023|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Bulletin
- Registration Manual
- Rules of Examination
- Proformas for Certificates
- Important Instructions
- Examination Zones
- PUMDET 2023 Schedule
- Exam Date Revised Notice
- 18 Aug – Answer Key Release Notice
- 18 Aug – OMR Response Sheet Release Notice
- 06 Sep – Result Release Notice
PUMDET 2023 – Overview
Highlights of the examination are as follows.
|Name of Exam||WBJEE PUMDET 2023|
|Full Form of WBJEE PUMDET||Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test|
|Full Form of WBJEEB||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Type of Exam||Common Entrance Exam|
|Level of Exam||University|
|Courses Where Admission is Through WBJEE PUMDET||MA, M.Sc|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through WBJEE PUMDET||Presidency University, Kolkata|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Graduation|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||50 in each paper|
|Total Marks||100 in each paper|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes for each paper|
|Subjects in Question Paper||+2, -0.5, Partial Marking|
PUMDET 2023 Application Form
Any student who wishes to appear in the Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test needs to first fill up the application form. Important points are as follows.
- WBJEEB releases the WBJEE PUMDET application form 2023 at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Students should fill and submit the WBJEE PUMDET online application form before the last date.
- In order to apply, one has to do the PUMDET 2023 registration, then enter details in the online form, upload documents required, and pay the fee.
- Also, only eligible students should apply for the Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test.
If you will appear in PUMDET exam, then you should know the mode, important topics, question distribution, marking scheme. This is the WBJEE PUMDET exam pattern.
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Offline test.
- Question type – The questions are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Number of Questions – There are 50 questions in each paper.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the exam is 100 in each paper.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 90 minutes for each paper.
- Language of Question Paper – The question paper is in language __.
Marking Scheme –
- Correct response will yield 2 (two) marks.
- Incorrect response will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, even if it contains the correct option, the answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks.
PUMDET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of WBJEE PUMDET exam includes topics from which questions will be asked in the question paper.
- You should study all topics in the WBJEE PUMDET syllabus 2023.
- Also solve chapter wise questions to prepare for the Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test.
- To complete preparing the syllabus, solve WBJEE PUMDET previous year question papers.
PUMDET Sample Papers
The WBJEE PUMDET sample papers refer to model question papers. They are also key to this Common entrance exam preparation.
- The PUMDET 2023 sample paper by WBJEEB, if any, is official.
- However you can also use WBJEE PUMDET sample question paper by other bodies.
- Sample question papers of Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test contain specimen questions based on latest PUMDET syllabus and pattern.
- Similarly you can also use PUMDET 2023 mock test.
PUMDET Previous Year Question Papers
The previous year question papers of WBJEE PUMDET are very important part of preparation. Following are important details.
- WBJEE PUMDET previous year question papers means the set of question papers that were actually asked in past exams.
- The PUMDET question paper contain exact questions that came in old exams.
- If you practice PUMDET previous year question paper then you can easily know difficulty level and ace the test.
- Therefore you should definitely solve PUMDET 2022 question paper and older year papers.
PUMDET 2023 Admit Card
The WBJEE PUMDET admit card refers to the hall ticket. Following are its key details.
- Students who apply on time are issued the WBJEE PUMDET admit card.
- WBJEEB releases the admit card at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Only those students who show the admit card of WBJEE PUMDET exam and other required documents on exam day get entry at the center.
- Therefore students should download the WBJEE PUMDET admit card 2023 before exam date.
- The hall ticket contains exam date, time, center, guidelines for the Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test 2023.
PUMDET 2023 Answer Key
The answer key is the set of correct answers to the PUMDET 2023 question paper. When, where, how to get it is as follows.
- You can check the answer key of PUMDET 2023 only after the exam ends.
- If WBJEEB releases the WBJEE PUMDET official answer key, then you can download it at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Follow instructions of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board to submit objections, and calculate marks using the WBJEE PUMDET solutions.
PUMDET 2023 Result
All students who write the PUMDET 2023 exam eagerly wait for the result as soon as exam ends. Here is what you should know about the results:
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) declares the PUMDET 2023 result.
- Moreover, official website for PUMDET 2023 result link is is wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Whereas the result date is as per WBJEEB calendar.
- In order to check PUMDET 2023 rank, you have to login at the link.
- Then, the score and rank of WBJEE PUMDET exam decides your admission to MA, M.Sc courses.
For the academic session of 2023-24, the Board is going to conduct the Common Entrance Test (PUMDET-2023) for admission in M.A./M. Sc. courses in the Presidency University in OPEN quota (Non-PU quota) seats. Candidates can apply for any one of the following paper for admission to the respective course(s).
Official Website is wbjeeb.nic.in.
The Controller of Examinations
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
DB-118, Sector –I, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700064
Examination Helpdesk: -1800-1023-781, 1800-1234-782 (Ext No.-2)
Qs. What is the WBJEE PUMDET Exam?
Ans. The WBJEE PUMDET exam is a University level Common entrance exam. It is for admission to MA, M.Sc courses in Presidency University, Kolkata.
Qs. Who conducts WBJEE PUMDET?
Ans. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) conducts this exam.
Qs. What is the official website for PUMDET 2023?
Ans. The official website is wbjeeb.nic.in.
Qs. How to apply for WBJEE PUMDET?
Ans. You should apply as per instructions in the PUMDET 2023 notification. Check wbjeeb.nic.in for online application form.
Qs. How to prepare for PUMDET 2023?
Ans. In order to prepare for the exam, first complete the WBJEE PUMDET syllabus. Then practise the chapter wise questions from the best reference books for PUMDET 2023. Thereafter solve previous year question papers. Then finally solve sample papers, and take mock tests.
If you have any queries on PUMDET 2023, then please ask in the comments below.
To get exam alerts and news, join our Whatsapp Channel.