Sikkim B.Ed College Admission 2020 – Sikkim Government B.Ed College, Soreng has released the result for Sikkim B.Ed College Admission. Graduate/ Postgraduates are eligible to apply for Soreng B.Ed College Admission. B.Ed in Sikkim University is conducted for a duration of 02 years including 04 semesters. Total of 150 seats are available under B.Ed College in Sikkim Government B.Ed College. Selection into B.Ed college in Sikkim is based on the entrance exam and marks obtained in graduation/ post-graduation. Read more on Sikkim B.Ed College Admission 2020 from this article.
– Sikkim Government B.Ed College has released the notice regarding admission of 1st Semester in B.Ed Programme. Scroll down to check it.
– The selected candidates list for Sikkim B.Ed College Admission 2020 has been released. Scroll down to check it.
Sikkim B.Ed College Admission 2020
B.Ed Sikkim university is an NCTE approved B.ed Colleges in Sikkim which provides excellent facilities to the future teachers. The B.Ed college in Sikkim is located at Soreng, one of the sub-division of West District of the state. Check the important dates regarding Sikkim B.Ed College Admission 2020 below.
|Start date of registration||20 Dec 2020|
|Last date to apply||26 Dec 2020|
|Last date for the submission of fees||26 Dec 2020|
|Submission of the hard copy of application||21 Dec to 28 Dec 2020|
|Selected Candidates list for B.Ed admission||13 Jan 2021|
Sikkim B.Ed College Admission 2020 Notice
Click here to download the notice.
Sikkim B.Ed College Result 2020
Sikkim Government B.Ed College, Soreng has released the result for Sikkim B.Ed College Admission. Result has released in the form of selected candidates list at bedsoreng.sgcregistration.com. The direct link to check the result is provided below.
Result: Click here to check the Sikkim B.Ed College Result 2020.
Sikkim B.Ed College Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates intending to submit applications for Soreng B.Ed College Admission 2020 should fulfil the eligibility criteria. So, here is the Sikkim B.Ed College Eligibility Criteria for 2020-2022 session.
- Candidates who have graduation or post-graduation degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST and 47% for OBC ) can apply for Sikkim B.Ed admissions.
- In-service candidates who are working as either primary teacher/ graduate teacher/ post-graduate teacher can also apply. Provided they should have a graduation/ post-graduation degree.
Sikkim B.Ed College Application Form 2020
The application process for Soreng B.Ed College admission is conducted online via the official website. Eligible candidates can submit their Sikkim B.Ed College Application Form 2020 by following the steps below.
Click here to apply for Soreng B.Ed College Admission
- Browse the official website of Sikkim B.Ed College, bedsoreng.sgcregistration.com.
- On reaching the website, candidates have to click on the “Register” link.
- Enter all the details that are asked in Soreng B.Ed College admission registration form.
- On successful registration, they will receive an application number and password. Use these details to log in and apply for B.Ed college in Sikkim.
- Also, candidates have to pay the application fee while applying for Sikkim B.Ed admission.
- Take a print out of the submitted application form and send it to the Sikkim B.Ed College address with relevant documents.
- Sikkim B.Ed admission application fee – Rs. 300/-
- Mode of Payment
- Online mode – Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card
- Offline mode – E-Collection Account HRDD Payable at Gangtok
Sikkim B.Ed College Seats 2020
Eligible candidates will be selected for the B.Ed admissions as per the number of seats available. Check the distribution of seats for Sikkim B.Ed College Admissions below.
Total Seats – 150
Distribution of Seats –
- In-service candidates – 10 (GTs and PGTs)
- Applicants from outside of Sikkim state – 20
- Differently Abled candidates – 03
- The remaining 117 seats are filled as per pro-rata and the number of applications received by the college from each district.
Sikkim B.Ed College Selection Procedure 2020
Applicants are selected for the Sikkim B.Ed course based on the merit list. This is prepared on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying exam and entrance examination. Check the weightage of marks for Soreng B.Ed College Admission selection procedure below.
|Examination||Distribution of marks|
|Entrance Examination||60% marks|
|Graduation/Post graduation Examination||40% marks|
Sikkim B.Ed College Course Structure
B.Ed course in Sikkim B.Ed College is organized to a duration of 02 years including 04 semesters. During this, candidates have to appear for 05 examinations in the first three semesters. However, in the last semester of the B.Ed course, there will be only 03 subjects. Refer to the image below to know about the distribution of credits, external-internal marks and total marks.
Internship Offered by Sikkim B.Ed College
Students have to participate in the school internship that is conducted in the Semester-III and Semester-IV. It is compulsory for the B.Ed participating students to take on these internships as their final result is somehow based on these marks. In this section, we are discussing the basic attributes of B.Ed internships for the semesters separately.
- Before internship, candidates have to appear for pre-internship activities. These are conducted for a period of two weeks (14 days). The pre-internship activities involves –
- Demonstration lessons
- Micro Teaching Practice
- Macro Teaching Practice
- Internship –
- First, candidates are involved with a school for 14 weeks where they have to perform teaching practice in an actual class. They have to deliver 60 lessons; 30 in each method subject.
- The concerned teacher educator will be evaluating the candidate’s performance and an observation report will be submitted afterwards.
- Post Internship –
- After the end of teaching practice, student-teacher has to present 02 criticism lessons. These can be on two method subjects as per their preference.
- Besides the teaching practice, candidates will also be evaluated on the basis of the teacher’s diary, preparation of time table and addressing school assembly.
Note: There will also be a final examination of the internship (external).
Sikkim B.Ed College Fee Structure 2020
Applicants who are eligible and interested in the B.Ed course must know the fee structure. So, check the semester-wise Sikkim B.Ed College fee structure below.
|2nd semester||Rs. 6750/-|
|3rd semester||Rs. 6750/-|
|4th semester||Rs. 7125/-|
Important College Rules and Regulations
Students who are admitted to the Sikkim B.Ed College must note that this college has certain rules and regulations. These should be followed by each student. If any rule is violated, then appropriate action is taken against the student who is found guilty. Hence, read all the rules for Sikkim B.Ed college below.
- For male candidates, they must have a proper hair cut and not allowed to wear earrings during college time.
- Girl students should not be wearing ants to the college.
- Candidates have to mandatorily attend functions or activities organized by the college in proper uniform.
- Students should not involve themselves in ragging activities or anything related.
- Any damage done to the college property should be compensated by the guilty student.
- Students should keep their college identity card with them and show whenever asked.
- Those who have less than 75% attendance will not be allowed to take the semester-end examination.
- If an individual is absent for more than 05 days a month have to pay Rs. 20/- per day as an absent fee.
Ans 1. Applicants who have passed graduation/ post-graduation degree exams can apply for Sikkim B.Ed admissions.
Ans 2. Sikkim B.Ed University offers 150 seats for the B.Ed Course to eligible candidates.
Ans 3. Candidate’s selection is based on the marks obtained in entrance exam and qualifying exam.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.