Goa University Admission – Goa University will offer Admission to various UG, PG, and Ph.D Programmes. The Aspirants seeking admission to the UG, PG, and Ph.D programme can apply online from the official website of Goa University, www.unigoa.ac.in. The Admissions to the various programmes shall be based on the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Goa University and also by the marks obtained in last qualified examination as per eligibility. For the various PG programmers marks percentage obtained by the students while graduating would only be used to ascertain the eligibility of candidates to appear for the Entrance Test. Interested candidates can get here complete details about Goa University Admission from below article.
Goa University Admission
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility before applying for the Goa University Admission. Below we mention the other courses and information about the Goa University.
The Important dates at glance for the PG Programmes on the campus for the academic year 2020-21 shall be as follows:
|Last date for submission of Application Form||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||1st week of Jun 2020 to Last week of Jun 2020|
|Entrance Test for various Departments
(including other Universities candidates)
|1st week of Jun 2020 to 2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Display of the consolidated Entrance Test Results and First Provisional List of Admission (including the waiting list)||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for payment of fees by candidates in the First List||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Display of the Second Provisional List of Admission (including the waiting list)||Last week of Jun 2020|
Goa University PG Admission Application Form
Candidates can fill their Application Form online through the official website. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The direct link to fill the Application Form will be given below.
Instruction for Filling the Application Form
- All candidates are requested to read carefully the Student Prospectus, as provided on the webpage to check their eligibility for the PG Programmes for which they intend to apply for admission.
- Candidates must have a valid e-mail id. Those candidates, who do not have a valid e-mail id, have to create the same before proceeding for online application.
- The payments made by non-eligible candidates shall not be refunded.
- The application form is common for both Goa University students and outside University students. The candidate should select one of the options correctly.
- Goa University candidates must enter the University permanent registration number (PR No.).
- Candidates may apply for a maximum of three subjects/ specializations only.
- Online mode of payment: Credit Card / Debit Card / Online Banking Choose the payment mode as Credit Card / Debit Card / Online Banking and make the payment using one of these 3 options and ensure that you get a success message for the transaction.
- Candidates, who have completed their submission of the application for one or more programmes and decide to apply for an additional programme at a later date, can do so by login to the system. In this case, they shall have to pay the required fees.
- Candidates must check/confirm the correctness of the information already filled-in before submitting the application form.
- Candidates may take a print copy of the filled-in application form, generated by the system in PDF format, immediately after online submission of the form, for any future reference.
- The print copy of the application form, duly signed by the candidate along with the other supporting documents in original may be required to be presented towards the final admission process as and when requested by the respective Departments.
- Scan & Upload the following:
- Passport size Colour photograph of 3.5 x 3.5 cms (avoid white/ light background ) with the file size less than 100 kb in JPEG format having 80% coverage of face.
- Candidate signature of 2.5 x 2.5 cm with the file size less than 50kb in JPEG format
- Valid Certificate for claiming reservation category. (Valid non-creamy Caste certificates should be submitted from the competent authority of the State of Goa if the candidate belongs to Other backward class).
The Admit Card for the EntranceTest will be sent to the Candidate’s email id as provided. A print out of this admit card must be produced by the candidate at the time of the scheduled Entrance Test failing which they will not be permitted to answer the Test.
As per previous year details!!!
Candidates are requested to note the following details regarding Entrance Test.
- The Entrance Test shall be of one paper of 100 marks, for 1 ½ hour duration, containing 50 objective type multiple choice questions of 2 marks each, evaluated with negative marking, where half a mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The breakup of 100 marks for the Entrance Test Question paper shall be as follows:
- Section I (least difficult) – 15 Questions
- Section II (difficult) – 15 Questions
- Section III (most difficult) – 20 Questions
- The Entrance Test will be based on the Third Year syllabus of the Degree programme of Goa University in the respective subject/specialization.
The programme wise merit list of the candidates will be available on the University website, www.unigoa.ac.in after it is finalized and the date of admission will also be indicated therein. The selected candidates should immediately make the payments using the same online payment system to confirm their admission before the last date.
Number of Seats
As per previous year details!!!
The number of seats available in each programme and reservations (on campus) is provided below: