UPSEE 2016 is the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam. UPSEE 2016 entrance exam for UG and PG admissions in colleges affiliated to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University is being organized by AKTU. Programs offered on the basis of merit obtained in UPSEE 2016 include engineering, pharmacy, architecture, hotel management and catering technology, fashion and apparel design, fine arts, management. Candidates can access the UPSEE 2016 application form after determining they are eligible for admission. Admit card of UPSEE 2016 is generated for the test takers indicating test center assigned. After the exam UPSEE 2016 Answer Keys and UPSEE 2016 Result can be checked online as well. Get here complete details of AKTU / UPTU UPSEE 2016 such as exam dates, examination pattern, application form, admit card, result, counselling.
- Fresh Registrations & Choice Filling for Fifth Round UPSEE Counseling 2016 has been released. Check the ‘Counseling’ link below.
- Refund list of candidates in UPSEE 2016 counselling has been announced. Check ‘Counselling’ link below.
- UPSEE 2016 Fifth Round Counseling Schedule has been revised. Check Here.
The examination is held for admission to the following courses.
- 1st year of B.tech, B.Tech (Biotech), B.Tech (Ag), B.Arch, B.Pharm, B.HMCT, B.FAD, B.FA, MBA, MCA, Integrated MBA (5 years Dual Degree).
- Lateral Entry: Direct Admission to 2nd year of B.Tech, B.Pharm, MCA.
UPSEE 2016 Mock Test – Mock Test for UPSEE 2016 has been launched for all the UPSEE 2016 candidates. Mock test is provided so that test takers can prepare for the exam pattern. A log in ID has already been given to the candidates so all you need to do is just visit the official UPSEE Mock Test and familiarize yourself with the way questions are displayed in Examination. Check out the official UPSEE Mock Test before appearing for your exam.
- Click here to Start the UPSEE Mock Test.
- Click here to Start the Mock Test for Computer Based Tests (Paper 5 to 12)
UPSEE 2016 Important dates are given here. Important dates of UPSEE highlight the key events of the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination. All the candidates must take note of the last date to apply for the common entrance exam. It is strongly adviced that one avoids the last minute rush and submits the online UPSEE 2016 application form on time. After that, they can download hall tickets from the website from the date mentioned in UPSEE 2016 Important Dates schedule, till before the date of exam. Carrying the officially issued UPSEE Admit Card 2016, candidate can take the exam at assigned test center. After the exam, the exam conducting body AKTU will declare UPSEE Result 2016. All these events are arranged in chronological order in the UPSEE Important Dates 2016 given below.
|UPSEE 2016 Event||Dates|
|UPSEE 2016 Application Form available||24 Feb 2016|
|Last Date of Registration for filling On-Line Application Form||28 Mar 2016|
|Last Date of Payment of Examination Fee for Registered Candidates||30 Mar 2016|
|Correction of filled and submitted application form||28 – 30 Mar 2016|
|Availability of UPSEE 2016 Admit card||08 Apr 2016|
|Date of UP State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) 2016||17, 23, 24 Apr 2016|
|Declaration of UPSEE 2016 Result||27 May 2016|
Application form of UPSEE 2016 is issued by AKTU (UPTU). The online form is available online as per the schedule mentioned below.
Those applicants of UPSEE-2016, who registers themselves by filling up the On-Line Application Form by March 28, 05:00 PM, but fails to make Payment of the Examination Fee (the last step of the application process) within given time due to some reason, shall now be able to make payment of examination fee Upto March 30, 2016, 05:00 PM and hence complete the process of application. The University shall not be responsible for failures of payment transaction due to any reason whatsoever.
However, the candidates are advised to complete the process of filling the On-Line Application Form including the Payment of Examination Fee immediately after registration to avoid any kind of risk or inconvenience in last hours. Please note that any new candidate, who has not registered himself by March 28, 2016, 05:00 PM, shall NOT be able to register for filling up the On-Line Application Form after March 28, 2016, 05:00 PM.
Admit card of UPSEE 2016 will be generated online for the entrance exam. Candidates can download the UPTU admit card 2016 for UPSEE, the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam, and appear for the exam at the assigned test centre. Only those candidates who have filled and submitted the application form of UPSEE along with requisite fees are provided hall tickets.
Result of UPSEE 2016 is going to be declared by the end of the month of May. Keeping the result declaration process fair and transparent, the exam conducting body (AKTU) will also be releasing UPSEE 2016 Answer Keys for each exam. Based on the final answer key, candidates’ papers are evaluated and marks awarded for correct answers. Marks are deducted for incorrect answers wherever negative marking is applicable. This leads to compilation of UPSEE 2016 Merit List. Counselling that follows declaration of results of UPSEE take into account the rank obtained by candidate in the UPSEE result.
Examination date and time for UPSEE 2016 papers
|Date and time||Paper code||Subject|
|April 17, 2016 (10 AM to 1 PM)||Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Paper 2||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Paper 3||AG-I, AG-II, AG-III|
|April 17, 2016 (2.30 PM to 5 PM)||Paper 4||Aptitude test for architecture|
|April 23, 2016 (10 AM to 11.30 AM)||Paper 5||Aptitude test for general awareness (BHMCT / BFAD / BFA)|
|April 17, 2016 (2.30 PM to 4 PM)||Paper 6||Aptitude test for Diploma holders in engineering|
|Paper 7||Aptitude test for Diploma holders in pharmacy|
|Paper 8||Aptitude test for B.Sc graduates|
|April 24, 2016 (9 AM to 11 AM)||Paper 9||Aptitude test for MBA|
|Paper 11||Aptitude test for Integrated MBA|
|April 24, 2016 (1 PM to 3 PM)||Paper 10||Aptitude test for MCA|
|Paper 12||Aptitude test for 2nd year MCA (lateral entry)|
For the course you seek admission, relevant paper codes are as follows:
- B. Tech. / B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) – appear in Paper 1.
- B. Tech. (Bio Technology) – appear in Paper 1 or Paper 2.
- B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) only – appear in Paper 3
- B. Pharm. – appear in Paper 1 or Paper 2 .
- B. Arch. – appear in Paper 4.
- BHMCT / BFAD / BFA – appear in Paper.
- Lateral entry B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) – appear in Paper 6.
- Lateral entry B.Pharm 2nd Year(for Pharmacy Diploma Holders) – appear in Paper 7.
- Lateral entry B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates) – appear in Paper 8.
- Lateral entry B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) – appear in Paper 6.
- MBA – appear in Paper 9.
- MCA – appear in Paper 10.
- Integrated MBA (Dual Degree) – appear in Paper 11.
- Lateral Entry: 2nd Year MCA – appear in Paper 12.
(Notified on 23 Feb 2016) – The name of the course MAM (Dual Degree) has been changed to Integrated Master of Business Administration (MBA). The respective eligibility and syllabus remain unchanged.
UPSEE 2016 Exam Pattern
UPSEE-2016 will be conducted for TWELVE papers with objective multiple type questions except Drawing Aptitude test (Part B of paper 4). The candidates are required to opt papers and subjects for appearing in the entrance examination, subject to their eligibility.
Question Papers and Subjects in Entrance Examination
There will be no negative marking. However, a record of incorrect answers given by a candidate will be kept separately.
- Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 are OMR based tests.
- Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10, Paper 11 and Paper 12 are computer based tests.
UPSEE Engineering 2016
A large number of candidates who appear for the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination are competing for engineering (B.Tech) admissions. More than 300 colleges affiliated to the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University are offering B.Tech admission 2016-2017 on the basis of UPSEE 2016. UPSEE 2016 Engineering Entrance Examination details are relevant for engineering aspirants. They can note the key points of UPSEE Engineering Entrance Exam 2016 including domicile, application form, admit card, exam pattern, result, merit details here.
Domicile – A candidate is UP domicile if he / she has passed qualifying examination from UP institute, or his / her parents have domicile certificate. For UPSEE 2016, if candidate is applying through UP domicile, he / she should have relevant documents.
10% of the total seats in Technology and architecture courses in private institutions affiliated to UPTU / AKTU is being filled through merit obtained in UPSEE 2016 only. Thus candidates who are not domicile of UP may also apply for UPSEE 2016.
Application form – UPSEE 2016 Application Form submission is common for all courses candidates. An online application form has been issued by AKTU that needs to be filled and submitted with requisite fees of Rs 1000 (General and OBC male and transgender candidates) or Rs 500 (female, PH, SC and ST candidates).
Examination pattern – UPSEE 2016 engineering entrance exam pattern refers to the pattern of Paper I which is for B.Tech and B.Tech agricultural engineering candidates.
- There will be 50 questions from Physics.
- There will be 50 questions from Chemistry.
- There will be 150 questions from Mathematics.
- Maximum marks that can be obtained in the exam is 600.
- UPSEE Engineering 2016 will be held on 17th April 2016 from 10 AM to 1 PM.
UPSEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
|Course||Subject combinations in qualifying exam|
|B.Tech. (Agriculture Engg.)||Agricultural discipline. All candidates who are eligible for admission in B.Tech. Courses are also eligible for B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering).|
|BHMCT / BFAD/BFA||Any Discipline|
Click Here for more information on Eligibility Criteria or to check eligibility for other courses.
Reservation of Seats
Vertical Reservation (Category)
- Scheduled Caste of UP – 21%
- Schedule Tribe of UP – 02%
- Other Backward Classes of UP – 27%
Horizontal Reservation (Sub-category available in each category)
- Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P. – 02%
- Sons / Daughters of defence personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed / disabled in action or defence personnel posted in U.P./defence personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P. – 05 %
- Handicapped / Disabled of U.P. – 03%
- Girls of U.P. – 20%
For more detail of UPSEE 2016 – Download Information Brochure – Updated!
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.