DU Admission 2019 – The University of Delhi has released DU Admission 2019 form, on du.ac.in. The candidates can apply from the link below. DU is one of the most popular admission choices among the students. The admission in DU is done either through entrance exam or through direct mode, on the merit basis. The registration for DU 2019 Admission for UG and PG opens at du.ac.in. The University of Delhi offers admission in 87 UG courses and 153 PG courses. The candidates can check here complete details on DU Admission 2019 including important dates, admission process. etc.
Latest: DU UG Registration has been extended until June 22, 2019. Click Here to Apply.
DU Admission 2019
There are about 90 colleges and 16 faculties affiliated to the University of Delhi, spread across Delhi, North Campus and South Campus which serve as the two main campuses of the University. The University shortlists candidates for admission in UG and PG courses such as BMS, BA (Honours) Business Economics, B.Sc (Physical Education, Health Education & Sports), MA Hindi, MA Philosophy, etc. Below we have discussed the admission in DU by both means in details.
DU 2019 Schedule for UG and PG programs – The candidates can check the important dates for Merit-based and entrance exam based admission in UG and PG programs from the table below.
|DU UG Admission 2019 (Merit Basis)|
|Online registration starts from||30 May 2019|
|Last date to submit DU Online Application Form|
|First cut off list will release by|
|Admission on basis of first cut off starts from|
|Second cut off list is published on||25 Jun 2019|
|Admission on basis of second cut off commences from||25 -27 Jun 2019|
|Third cut off list will release on||29 Jun 2019|
|Online Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee to be done from||29 Jun – 02 Jul 2019|
|Notification of Fourth Cut-off List by the Colleges releases on||04 Jul 2019|
|Admission on basis of fourth cut off commences from||04 -06 Jul 2019|
|Fifth Cut-off List by the Colleges releases on||09 Jul 2019|
|Online Document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee to be done from||09 – 11 Jul 2019|
|DU Admission 2019 (Entrance Test Based)|
|Online registration starts from||03 Jun 2019|
|Last date to submit DU Application Form 2019||Jun 2019|
|Issuance of DU entrance exam 2019 Admit Card||June 2019|
|DU JAT 2019 exam date||30 Jun – 06 Jul 2019|
|DU CIC BTech and BA Hons 2019 Entrance Exam||30 Jun – 06 Jul 2019|
|DU BElEd Entrance Exam 2019||30 Jun – 06 Jul 2019|
|DU BSc in Physical Education, Health Education, Sports Entrance Exam 2019||30 Jun – 06 Jul 2019|
|DU BA Hons Music And Fine Arts Entrance Exam 2019||30 Jun – 06 Jul 2019|
|Delhi University Five Year Integrated Program in Journalism in DSJ Entrance Exam 2019||30 Jun – 06 Jul 2019|
|Declaration of DUET 2019 Result||Jul 2019|
|DU PG Admission 2019|
|Start date of Online registration||03 Jun 2019|
|Closing date for Online Registration||Jun 2019|
|Availability of DU PG Entrance Exam admit card||Jun 2019|
|DU PG Entrance Exam will be held on||30 Jun – 06 Jul 2019|
|Declaration of Results||04th week of Jun 2019|
|GD / PI||04th week of Jun 2019 – 01st week of Jul 2019|
DU Entrance Test 2019 Detailed Instructions
- Click Here to open the above in a new window.
Notice regarding DU UG Entrance Exam 2019
What’s New in DU Admission 2019?
On the basis of the information bulletin released by the University of Delhi for UG Admission, few changes have been made:
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is going to conduct DU entrance exams.
- There has been an increase in the application fee for DU UG Admission Form 2019.
DU UG Admission 2019
DU offers admission in 87 UG courses at its various campuses and colleges. The candidates can apply for admission in UG courses either by Delhi University Entrance exam (DUET 2019) or by Merit in the 10+2 examination. As per the newspaper reports, last year, about 3.5 lakh applicants registered for DU UG Admission.
DU UG Admission 2019 (Merit-based)
The candidates can apply for admission in Arts, Commerce, and Science stream on the basis of merit. DU releases the cut off at its official website and its notice board. Last year, about 10 cutoffs were released for UG Merit-based Admission
DU UG Merit Based Admission Procedure 2019
The admission procedure for the UG Merit Based courses is divided into six stages – Online Registration, Release of Cutoffs, Selection of Colleges/Programmes, Verification of documents at Colleges, Approval of admission, Online payment of admission fee. Let us have a quick look at the UG courses through admission is done on the
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the course|
|Faculty of Arts||B.A. (Hons.) English, B.A. (Hons.) Hindi, B.A. (Hons.) Bengali/ Punjabi/ Sanskrit/ Urdu, B. A. (Hons.) Arabic/ Persian, B.A. (Hons.) French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish, B.A. (Hons.) Applied Psychology/ Geography/ History/ Political Science/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Philosophy/ Psychology, B.A. (Hons.)
Economics, B.A. Prog. (Discipline Subject-based Admission Criteria), B.A. (Vocational Studies)
|Faculty of Social Sciences||BA (Hons.) in Economics, Geography, History, Political Sciences, Social Work, and Sociology|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities||B.A. (Vocational Studies), B.A. (Hons.) Journalism|
|B.Voc. course||B.Voc. (Printing Technology), B.Voc. (Web Designing), B.Voc. (Health Care Management), B.Voc. (Retail
Management and IT), B.Voc. (Banking Operations), B.Voc. (Software Development)
|Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies||BCom, BCom(Hons)|
|Faculty of Mathematical Sciences||B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science, B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics/ Statistics, B.Sc. Mathematical Sciences|
|Faculty of Sciences/ Inter-Disciplinary and Applied Sciences||B.Sc. (Hons.) Anthropology/ Biological Sciences/ Botany/ Microbiology/ Zoology, B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry/ Physics/ Polymer Science, B.Sc. (Hons.) Electronics/ Instrumentation, B.Sc. (Hons.) Geology, B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Technology, B.Sc. (Hons.) Biochemistry, B.Sc. (Hons.) Biomedical Science, B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science, B.Sc. (Prog.) Applied Physical Sciences Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry/ Applied Physical Sciences Industrial Chemistry, B. Sc. (Prog.) Physical Science with Chemistry/ Physical Science with Electronics), B.Sc. (Prog.) Physical Science with Computer Science, B.Sc. (Prog.) Applied Life Science/ Life Science, B.Sc. (Pass) Home Science|
The UG Merit Based Admission procedure has been explained below.
Stage 1: Online Registration
- The students need to firstly register online admission to UG merit-based programme/course by online mode.
- Fill in all the necessary information such as personal details, educational qualification details, contact details, etc
- Upload necessary documents in the DU Admission Forms.
- Pay the required amount of the Application fee by online mode
You can also download DU Admission 2019 registration process guide. Click here to download it.
Stage 2: Release of CutOffs
- The University releases the cut off for DU UG admission 2019 at its official website, admission.du.ac.in.
- The same will also be available on the respective college notice board
Stage 3: Selection of Colleges/Programme
- Those who meet the cut off will need to login to the UG admission portal using their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission.
Stage 4: Verification of documents at Colleges
- Now, the students need to report at the selected college along with the print out of the of the admission/registration form and list of documents/certificates in proof of eligibility criteria.
- The schedule for verification of documents will be published online at the DU admission website.
Stage 5: Approval of admission
- On verifying the documents, the respective college will retain the original certificates of an approved applicant.
- After this, the college approves the admission on the UG admission porta
Stage 6: Online payment of admission fee by the Candidates
- Finally, the selected candidates need to log in to the UG Admission portal and pay the online admission fee for their respective college
- The admission fee shall be payable by Online mode.
- The applicants who have been approved by the College can pay the admission fee till 12 noon of the next day of the last day of admission cut-off list (in which the admission is sought)
Important Note: The Best of Four is applied to the Honour, B.A. / B.Com. and Science Courses.
DU UG Admission 2019 (Entrance Exam Based)
Courses Offered through Entrance Exam: The University of Delhi offers admission in the following courses through the Entrance exam.
|Faculty||Course||Colleges/Departments of Instruction|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities||BA (Honours) Business Economics||
|BBA (Financial Investment Analysis)||
|Cluster Innovation Centre||BTech. (IT and Mathematical Innovations)||Cluster Innovation Centre|
|BA (Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences||Cluster Innovation Centre|
|Faculty of Education||Bachelors of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)||
|Faculty of Social Sciences||5 Yr Integrated Journalism Course in Delhi School of Journalism||
|Faculty of Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences||B.Sc (Physical Education, Health Education & Sports)||
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities||BA (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication||Indraprastha College for Women|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism [5YIPJ]||Delhi School of Journalism|
|Music and Fine Arts||BA (Honours) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor)||Faculty of Music and Fine Arts|
|BA (Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)|
|BA (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)|
General Pattern for DU UG Entrance Exam 2019
- Selection/ Admission of candidates is done according to the merit list prepared on the basis of the
marks secured in the written entrance test. For Physical Education Sciences, there will also
be a practical entrance test in addition.
- The DU Entrance exam is of 02 hours duration which consists of 100 MCQ type questions.
- For a correct answer, candidates get 04 marks and 01 marks are deducted for an incorrect answer.
- Admission to Music courses, the entrance test will be of a practical nature.
DU PG Admission 2019
DU offers admission in more than 150 PG courses such as MA, M.Sc, M.Tech, D.El.Ed, LLB, LLM, B.Ed, M.Ed, etc. As per the information provided by the University of Delhi, in all the Faculties/Departments, except for the ones offering inter-disciplinary or professional courses, there are two modes of admission for postgraduate courses:
- Merit or Direct: A total of 50% of the total intake shall be filled by direct admission on the basis of merit. The merit or direct admission for only the students of the University of Delhi only. This mode is not available to students from other Universities.
- Entrance Exam: DU PG admission in the remaining 50% of the seats shall be filled through entrance examination followed by Interview/Group Discussion if any.
DU Eligibility Criteria 2019
The aspirants must check that they fulfil the basic eligibility criteria before proceeding to apply for DU Admission 2019. Check the eligibility criteria from below.
Eligibility Criteria for UG courses
- The candidates should have passed the class 12th exam from CBSE or its equivalent examination.
- There is no minimum age requirement for applying for admission in UG courses.
Candidates can check the Eligibility and Selection Procedure for UG Courses with Entrance-based Admissions below:
Eligibility Criteria for PG courses
- There is no minimum age limit criteria for admission in PG courses.
- The candidates should have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in the respective discipline for the course for which they wish to apply for.
DU Application Form 2019
The application form for Delhi University Admission 2019 is going to be released online at admission.du.ac.in. The students need to register first by providing their basic details. At the time of registration, you need to enter your name as given in the Class XII Board records. After the candidates have successfully registered, they will receive the login details, which are, Username and Password. Next, the students have to fill in other information such as Personal details, educational qualification details, etc in the Delhi University 2019 Application Form. Furthermore, upload images in the Application Form and pay the required amount of the application fee to submit the form.
Application Fee for Delhi University Admission 2019
To submit the DU Admission 2019 Application Form, the aspirants need to pay the application fee same as last year. The candidates can check the application fee for UG and PG registration from the table below.
|Category||UG Application Fee||PG Application Fee|
|UR/OBC||Rs. 150||Rs. 500/|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 75||Rs. 250/-|
|Sports (Each Category)||Rs. 100||–|
|ECA (Each Category)||Rs. 100||–|
DU Admit Card 2019
The admit card for DU Admission 2019 is going to be issued online to the registered candidates. The Delhi University issues the Admit Card for only those courses for which admission is by entrance exam. No hard copy of the Admit Card is sent to the candidates by post. To download it, you need to log in by entering your Form Number and your registered Mobile Number. You must carry the print out of the DU entrance exam 2019 Admit card on the day of the test. Furthermore, you should carry a valid ID proof.
DU Entrance Exam 2019 Test Centers
The entrance exam for DU UG and PG Admission 2019 is going to be held at various test cities spread across the country. You will have to give the preference for the test centre at the time of filling in details in the Application Form. The allotment of Test Center for DU Entrance exam 2019 is done on first cum first serve basis. The candidates can check the list of the test centres for UG and PG Entrance exam from below.
DU Entrance 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are preparing for the entrance exam must be well familiarised with the exam pattern of the entrance exam. Check the exam pattern for UG and PG courses from below.
Exam Pattern for B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation)
- Duration of the exam – 02 hours
- Type of Questions – MCQ
- Number of Questions – 100
- Subjects – The test will consist of questions on mathematics, reasoning and analytical abilities.
- Marking Scheme – For every correct answer, you will get +4 marks and for an incorrect answer, -1 marks will be deducted.
Exam Pattern for BA Hons Social Sciences and Humanities, Business Economics, Bachelor of Management Studies, and Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- Duration of the exam: 02 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Number of Questions: 100
- Subjects: There will be questions from topics like quantitative ability, reasoning and analytical ability, general English, and business and general awareness.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, you will get 04 marks.
- Negative Marking: There shall be a negative marking of 01 marks for an incorrect answer.
Exam Pattern for Faculty of Education (BElEd)
- Duration of the exam: 02 hours
- The entrance exam tests the candidate’s proficiency in English, Hindi, mathematics, science and social science up to Class 10th level.
- The question paper shall be in both English and Hindi language
- There will be no descriptive type questions
Exam Pattern for LLB
- Duration of Exam: 120 minutes
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Number of Questions: 100
- Subjects to Prepare: English Language & Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Reasoning & Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness & Aptitude.
Exam Pattern for Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports (B.Sc.[PE,HE&S])
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Number of Questions: 100
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Multimedia and Mass Communication / Five Year Integrated Course in Journalism
- Duration of Exam: 02 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Number of Questions: 100
- Subjects to Prepare: General Awareness, Media Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension and Grammatical and Analytical Skills
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, you will get 04 marks and there is a negative marking of 01 marks for an incorrect answer.
The entrance test will examine the candidate’s proficiency in General Knowledge and Current Affairs, and Analytical and Comprehension Skills. The entrance test will be designed with the comparable standard of competitive exams at the national level for Class XII students. The Entrance Test will be an MCQ of total 400 marks having 100 questions of 4 marks each. There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
DU Entrance Exam 2019 Answer Key
The Delhi University releases the Answer Key for the entrance exam based courses online at its official website. The candidates shall be able to access the Answer Key a day or two after the exam is over. Along with the Answer Key, the University of Delhi will also release the question paper. Last year, the answer key was released for only PG programmes. The students should use this answer key to cross-check their answers and calculate their probable score. If a candidate is not satisfied with the response marked in the DU 2019 Answer Key, he/she can submit an objection for it.
DU Result 2019
The result for DU Admission 2019 will be published online at the official website of DU. The candidates who qualify the entrance exam or fulfil the required cut off marks will then have to submit the necessary documents at the time of admission in the college allotted. Once the college approves the candidates document, he/ she will then have to pay the admission fee for their respective course and college online.
DU Cut Off 2019
The University of Delhi announces the cut off for UG and PG courses for the merit based admission. It is announced separately for Science, Commerce, and Arts and Humanities colleges. The cut off is release at the DU official website is also published on the notice board of all DU colleges. DU cut off varies from college and college. Last year, DU released the cut off till 10th round, after which the admissions were closed.
DU Seat Details
The University of Delhi offers admission in UG and PG courses and seat distribution for various programmes offered can be checked from the table below.
|PG Seat Distribution|
|Courses Offered||Total number of seats|
|MA in Arabic, Bengali, English, Hindi, History, Persian, Philosophy, Pol. Science, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu||112|
|Master of Physical Education||39|
Click here to check the Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) for admission in Central Educational Institutions.
Frequently Asked Questions on DU Admission
Ques. Will I get an Offline Application Form for admission in UG courses in DU?
Ans. No, there is no offline form and you need to apply for DU Admission by online mode only at du.ac.in.
Ques. Can I apply for multiple programmes/courses in DU Application Form?
Ans. Yes, you can select to apply for multiple courses in the DU online application form.
Ques. Will I get admission on a first come, first serve policy after the declaration of cut-offs?
Ans. No, admissions in the DU colleges are not based on first come first serve policy. Instead, you will have to fill the online application form and fulfill the eligibility criteria and cut off for a particular programme/ course in a particular college to be considered for admission.
Ques. I have completed my class 12th from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling). Can I get admission in a regular DU college?
Ans. Yes, you can get admission in a regular college only if you have applied in an available programme/course and meet the cut-off criteria.
Ques. Which are the top 10 DU colleges which I should consider for taking admission to?
Ans. There is no definite answer to this as only you know what is best for you. At Aglasem, we provide you with all the guidance you need and clear up your confusion so that you get only the best. You may consider these colleges which have been listed below as per NIRF Ranking 2018:
|Sr No.||Name of the College||Score||NIRF Ranking 2018|
|2||St. Stephens College||70.77||2|
|4||Shri Ram College of Commerce||63.98||7|
|5||Lady Shri Ram College for Women||63.53||8|
|6||Lady Irwin College||60.04||12|
|7||Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College||59.76||13|
|8||Atma Ram Sanatan Dharm College||59.55||14|
|10||Kirori Mal College||57.32||20|
Press Release for DU Admission 2019