DUET 2020 – NTA has postponed DUET 2020 until an indefinite date. Also, the online application form which was supposed to be starting from April 02, 2020, has been also put on hold until further notice. Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) is held at all India level, as a computer-based test. It is a 2-hour exam via which admission is granted in numerous UG, PG, M.Phil, and Ph.D. courses offered by Delhi University. Check dates for DUET 2020 from below. Check DUET 2020 courses, syllabus, exam pattern, application process, eligibility, etc from this page.
Latest: DUET exam and registration schedule has been indefinitely postponed. Check more details below.
National Testing Agency (NTA) took over the responsibility to conduct DUET last year from the University of Delhi. Other than the entrance test, merit based admission is also done in DU.
|DUET 2020||Important Dates|
|Online application releases on|
|Last date to submit the DUET 2020 form|
|Admit card releases on|
|DUET 2020 exam date|
|Last date for submitting an objection on answer key|
|DUET 2020 result declaration|
DUET 2020 New Exam Dates
Lockdown all over the nation has been extended to May 03, 2020. he new dates of the exam shall be also decided for DUET once the situation goes back to normal. The new dates of DUAET depend on several factors, and thus there is expected to be a delay in decisions for new dates. Some of the major factors are:
- DU admission via merit or via DUET 2020, depends largely on class 12 results. Therefore unless all CBSE class 12 exams are held and the result has been declared, DU admission cannot commence. This may turn effect the DUET dates and registrations too. Read more…
- The situation of COVID-19 pandemic in India will not go unless the citizens are maintaining social distance and following the norms of lockdown. If even after May 03, 2020, the situation remains the same, the lockdown may be extended further, even if not, the conduction of a national level exam in which 3 to 4 lakh students accumulate to given the exam is not possible. Therefore a new date for DUET 2020 cannot be expected soon.
DUET 2020 Postponement Notice
NTA released the notice for the postponement on the official website, nta.ac.in. The notice states, “In view of the COVID-19 epidemic, the University of Delhi has put on hold the registration process for UG / PG / M.Phil / Ph.D. courses…..The detailed schedule mentioning revised dates for downloading admit cards of the examination will be displayed on the website at www.nta.ac.in. Read it below.
DUET 2020 Application Form
The application form for DUET 2020 is released in online mode. No offline form is released for the candidates. To apply online, you may follow the steps as below:
- Step 1: Register online by providing basic information like candidate’s name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Step 2: Proceed to fill in details in the DUET application form.
- Step 3: Upload images as per the necessary specification and format.
- Step 4: Pay the required amount of the application fee.
- Step 5: Lastly take a print out of the submitted form for future reference
DUET 2020 application form fee: The application fee for DUET as per last year are:
|Category||UG / PG / M.Phil / Ph.D application fee per course|
|UR / OBC||Rs. 750|
|SC / ST / PwD / EWS||Rs. 300|
Mode of payment: The application fee is payable by online mode that are:
- Net banking, or
- Credit card, or
- Debit card, or
Documents that must be scanned to fill upload in the application form are:
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Signature of the applicant
- Self-Attested Class X certificate/marksheet
- Self-Attested Class XII Marksheet
- Id Card (Aadhaar Card / Voter‘s Identity Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License)
- Self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD/KM/CW certificate
- Self-attested copies of Sports and/or ECA certificates
Specifications to follow while uploading the documents are:
|Photo and signature||10 – 50 kb||JPG / JPEG / PNG|
|All other documents||100 – 500 kb||JPEG / PNG / PDF|
|ID proof||10 – 100 KB||JPG / JPEG / PNG|
DUET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is important that the candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for DUET 2020. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for UG, PG, and MPhil/ PhD courses from below:
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Courses
- The aspirant must be a citizen of India.
- Should have passed the Class XII examination of anyBoard/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Should have passed individually in each subject required (including practicals if any) for calculating merit and eligibility to the course they seek admission in.
Note: Applicants with “compartment” results are not eligible to apply for DUET 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Courses
Should hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized Indian University.
Eligibility Criteria for MPhil/ Ph.D. courses
Should hold a Masters degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized Indian University candidates wish to apply for.
Courses Offered by DUET 2020 exam
Through Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) candidates are offered admission in the following courses:
UG Entrance Exam based courses
|BA (Honours) Business Economics||B.Sc (Physical Education, Health Education & Sports)|
|BMS||BA (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication|
|BBA (Financial Investment Analysis)||Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism [5YIPJ]|
|B.Tech (IT and Mathematical Innovations)||BA (Honours) in Karnataka Music- Vocal/Instrumental|
(Veena / Violin)
|BA (Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences||B.El.Ed|
|5 Yr Integrated Journalism Course in Delhi School of Journalism||BA (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)|
|BA (Honours) in Hindustani Music-|
Vocal / Instrumental (Sitar / Sarod / Guitar / Violin / Santoor)
PG Entrance Exam based courses
|M.A. Buddhist Studies||M.Sc. Forensic Science|
|M.A. Linguistics||M.Sc. Operational Research|
|M.A. Russian Studies||M.A./M.Sc. Applied Operational Research|
|B.Ed||M.A. Lifelong Learning & Extension|
|B.Ed. (Special Education: Mental Retardation)||M.Sc./M.Sc.- Ph.D. Combined Degree course –|
|B.Ed. (Special Education: Visual Impairment)||M.A./M.Sc. Environmental Studies|
|M.Ed.||MA Social Sciences|
|M. Tech. Microwave Electronics||M.A. East Asian Studies|
|M.Sc. Genetics||M.A. Japanese|
|M.Sc. Informatics||M.A. Social Work|
|B.P.ED.||Cluster Innovation Centre|
|MCA||M.Sc. Mathematics Education|
|M.Sc. Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||LLM|
DUET 2020 Syllabus
To prepare for the entrance exam, candidates must know the syllabus for the entrance based courses. The University of Delhi releases the syllabus for the DU entrance test 2020 for UG, PG, MPhil and Ph.D. courses. Until now, the candidates can check the previous year’s syllabus for DUET exam from the link below:
DUET UG Syllabus
DUET PG Syllabus
- Click here to check the syllabus of Department of East Asian Studies Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A/M.Sc for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the Syllabus for M.A Hindi for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.Sc. (Mathematics Education) for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A programme for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A programme for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A (Hons) for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of L.L.M, L.L.B, Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the Syllabus of M. Phil/Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus for MA Punjabi entrance exam
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Mathematics Education entrance exam
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Biochemistry entrance exam
DUET MPhil/ PhD Syllabus
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Modern Indian Languages
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Political Science
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Faculty of Law – Ph.D. Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Philosophy
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Environmental Studies – Ph.D. Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Punjabi
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Operational Research – M.Phil Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Operational Research – Ph.D. Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Biochemistry – Ph.D. Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Adult Continuing Education & Extension
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Financial Studies – Ph.D. Programme
DUET 2020 Exam Pattern
First and foremost, those who are preparing for the entrance exam must be well-aware of the question distribution, marking scheme of the exam. Check the detailed DUET 2020 exam pattern below:
- Mode of the exam: The entrance exam is conducted in computer-based mode.
- Exam duration: Candidates get 02 hours to complete the test.
- Type of questions: In the entrance exam, candidates need to solve objective type multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- Marking scheme: For a correct answer, you shall get 04 marks and 01 marks are deducted for an incorrect answer.
Check the distribution of questions for UG / PG / Doctoral programmes from the table below.
DUET 2020 Exam Pattern for UG courses
|Name of the course||No. of Qs||Topics|
|BA Hons Social Sciences and Humanities||100||Quantitative Ability|
Reasoning and Analytical ability
Business and general awareness
Bachelor of Management Studies /
BBA (Financial Investment Analysis )
|40||Comprehension in English and Hindi|
(20 Qs each)
|LLB||100||English Language & Comprehension|
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
Reasoning & Analytical Abilities
Legal Awareness & Aptitude
|B.Sc.[PE,HE&S]||100||Health, Physical Education and Sport|
General Knowledge (National & International)
|BA (Hons) in Multimedia and Mass Communication /|
Five Year Integrated Course in Journalism
English Comprehension and Grammatical and Analytical Skills
DUET 2020 Exam Pattern for PG courses
|No. of Questions||100 questions|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Negative Marking||01 marks are deducted|
|For every correct answer||4 mark are awrded|
DUET 2020 Admission Process
The Universit of Delhi offers admission to UG, and PG courses on two basis – Merit-based and Entrance exam based. The candidates are allotted a college on the basis of their performance in the test, preference submitted and availability of seats.
Admission criteria to UG courses from the table below:
|Name of the course||Admission criteria / Weightage|
|BTech (IT&MI), BA (H&SS), B.El.Ed, BA(H)MMC and 5YIPJ courses||DUET|
|BA(H)BE, BMS, BBA (FIA)||DUET – 65%|
Qualifying exam marks – 35%
|BSc (PE, HE & S)||DUET and trial test|
|BA(H)BE, BMS, BBA(FIA)||DUET and practical test|
Admission Process for PG courses
There are two modes of admission for PG courses at the Delhi University:
- Merit-Based – A total of 50% of seats are filled on the basis of the applicants‘ merit in the Qualifying Examination. Wherever applicable, the merit-based option is open only for the applicants who have eligible Bachelor Degree from the DU.
- Entrance Exam Based – The remaining 50% of the total seats are filled on the basis of applicants‘ rank in Entrance Test and Interview / Group Discussion if any.
Admission Process for MPhil/Ph.D. courses – Admission to M.Phil./Ph.D. program is through entrance examination, followed by an interview, which is mandatory for all applicants.
Know the competition in DUET 2020
DU admission is one of the most sought after admission process in India. Just after the board exam, UG admissions in DU is among one of the student’s top choices. Last year a total of 5.5 lakh candidates approximately registered for DU admission in UG, PG, and M.Phil / Ph.D courses. The date below will give a clear picture of competition for admission in DU:
- Total registration: 3,67,895
- Total cutoff lists generated: 8
- Top 10 most sought after courses: The top 10 courses that were hot choices among the students last year are given below –
|B.A. (Hons.) English||142970|
|B.A. (Hons.) Political Science||130240|
|B.A. (Hons.) Economics||124538|
|B.A. (Hons.) History||120590|
|B.A. (Hons.) Psychology||112312|
|B.A. (Hons.) Journalism||112233|
|B.A. (Hons.) Sociology||111933|
|B.A. (Hons.) Geography||110102|
PG and M.Phil / Ph.D admissions
- Total registration in PG: 1,54,075
- Total cutoff lists generated for PG courses: 9
- Total Registrations for M.Phil / Ph.D: 34,548
DUET 2020 Admit Card
Registered candidates can download DUET admit card 2020 by online mode only. No hard copy of the admit card is sent to the candidates via post. To download it, candidates need to log in using form number and date of birth. It consist of personal details of the candidate as well as exam details like roll number, reporting timings, address of the test centre, etc, On the day of the entrance exam, carry a print out of admit card and a valid id proof.
DUET 2020 Exam Centres
Last year, DUET exam was conducted in 18 test cities. You can check the list of DUET 2020 test cities from the table below.
DUET 2020 Answer Key
NTA releases DUET answer key 2020 on du.ac.in. It is released as a master answer key in which correct answers are already given. Make sure to check course, date, and shift while downloading the answer key and question paper.Candidates can use it download match the answers and know the number of correct and incorrect answers. As per the marking scheme, add and deduct marks for the correct and incorrect answers and you will get to know your predicted score.
DUET 2020 Result
The result for DUET 2020 is released by NTA online at the student’s login. The DUET 2020 result is declared on the basis of final answer keys. The DUET Result is released in the pdf format for all courses. The result pdf consists of details like Application number, roll number, candidate’s name, category, total questions, total attempted, total not attempted, right answers, etc. On the basis of the candidate’s performance in the test, the candidates are shortlisted for admission to the relevant courses.
DUET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) 2020 is an Online Test of 2 hours. There are a total number of 50 to 100 Multiple Choice Based questions (depends upon the exam paper). For each correct answer, 4 marks are added to the total score for each wrong answer, 1 marks is deducted from the total score.
Ans : National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct DUET 2020.
Ans : All the candidates must have passed the qualifying examination from a recognized school board or a recognized Indian University (in case of UG and PG candidates).
Ans : Candidates can check out the complete syllabus for each Subject paper above from this page.
Ans : All the colleges of the Delhi University will accept the score of DUET 2020 for admission.
Ans : The mode of DUET 2020 is Online mode.
Ans : The difficulty level of DUET 2020 is Moderate to High as per last years exam sessions.
Ans : After clearing DUET 2020, candidates have to appear for the Interview round as per the schedule. Candidates are then selected on the basis of their performance in the Interview round and the entrance examination.
Official website: du.ac.in
For more information on DUET check exam instructions for last year here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.