DU SOL Admission 2020 – School of Open Learning (SOL), University of Delhi, offers admission into UG and PG programs. The candidates can register for UG courses at sol.du.ac.in. For PG courses, online application form can be filled at Delhi University’s web portal at du.ac.in. Admission in DU SOL is based on merit as well as entrance examination (DUET). The courses offered at DU SOL are BA, B.Com, BA programme, MA, M.Com etc. In order to take admission in PG courses, apart from the entrance test, the candidates have to appear Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Check more information regarding DU SOL admission 2020 here such as eligibility criteria, selection process, admit card etc.
DU SOL Admission 2020
There is no entrance test for the students who wish to seek admission in UG courses. On the other hand, admission in PG courses is sought according to the merit and entrance test. Check more information regarding to DU SOL admission 2020 given below.
|DU SOL Admission 2020||Dates|
|Online Availability of Prospectus||to be announced|
|Last date for Receipt of Application for admission without late fee (online/offline)||to be announced|
|Receipt of Application for admission with late of Rs. 200/- (online/offline)||to be announced|
|Registration Start Date||to be announced|
|Closing date for online Registration||to be announced|
|Closing date for Payment for Already Registered candidates||to be announced|
|Date of Entrance Examination||to be announced|
DU SOL Admission 2020 – Delayed!
Generally, every year, the admission process for DU SOL starts in the first week of June. However, as of now, no information regarding the admission process for this year’s session has been announced on the official website, sol.du.ac.in.
The delay in DU SOL 2020 admission process is due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the capital. Because of the battle with the COVID-19 pandemic, nothing regarding the admission has been decided as of now. However, one can assume that in the month of July 2020, there might be some clarification regarding the new session.
Courses Offered Via DU SOL Admission 2020
The candidates can check the list of the courses given below in which admission is sought via DU SOL admission 2020. The duration of UG courses is 3 years and PG courses is 2 years.
- B.Com (H)
- BA (Hons.) English
- BA (Hons.) Political Science
- BA Programme
- MA (Hindi)
- MA (History)
- MA (Political Science)
- MA (Sanskrit)
DU SOL 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria DU SOL admission 2020 given below.
For UG Courses
Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for UG courses.
Qualification examination –
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or Pre-University examination (2 years) from an recognized university or any other recognized board.
BA (Hons) English: SOL Admission 2020 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
- General – The candidates must have minimum 65% marks in agrregate 10+2. The candidates must have minimum 75% in English core and 65% in English elective / functional.
- OBC – Candidates belonging to OBC category must have 58.5% aggregate marks with 67.5% marks in core English subject.
- SC / ST – These candidates must have minimum passing marks in the qualifying exam with core English subject and 3 academic subjects.
- PWD – These candidates must have obtained 61.75% in any one of the qualifying exam with 71.25% marks in English core or 61.25% marks in English elective or functional English.
B.Com (Hons) –
- General – The candidates must have 55% in aggregate in any one of the qualifying examinations. The candidates who have passed class 12th with vocational stream must have minimum 60% aggregate.
- OBC – The candidates must have minimum 49.5% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. The candidates who have done 10+2 with vocational stream must have minimum 54% marks.
- PWD – These candidates must have minimum 52.25% aggregate marks. The candidates with vocational stream must have minimum 60% marks.
BA (Hons) Political Science –
- General – The candidates must have minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam with one language and 3 academic subjects.
- OBC – These candidates must have minimum 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
- PWD – The candidates must have minimum 47.5% in aggregate marks in the qualifying exam with one language and 3 academic courses.
BA and B.Com –
- General – To pursue these courses, the candidates must have 40% marks in 10+2.
- OBC – The candidates belonging to OBC category must have at least 36% aggregate in the qualifying exam.
- PWD – The candidates must have minimum 38% in aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
For PG Courses
- There is no age restriction to apply for PG courses.
- The candidates must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline.
MA Hindi: The candidates must have complete BA in Hindi with minimum 40% marks.
MA History: The candidates must have minimum 55% marks in BA History.
MA Political Science: To pursue this course, the candidates must have minimum 50% marks in BA (Hons.) / BA program / BA Pass.
MA Sanskrit: The candidates must have done BA (Sanskrit) from a recognized university with minimum 45% marks.
M.Com: In order to pursue this course, the candidates must have 50% (45% for reserved categories) in aggregate marks B.Com (Hons), BA (Economics) Hons from DU or any other recognized university.
DU SOL 2020 Admission Form
School of Open Learning, University of Delhi releases application form for UG courses at sol.du.ac.in. For PG programme, the entrance test takes place, so the admission form can be filled at du.ac.in. The application form required the candidates to follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, register by entering the name, e-mail id, contact number etc
- Then, login and fill the application form
- Next, upload the images in the application form
- Then, pay the application fee
- Lastly, take the printout of the confirmation page
Application fee: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking / demand draft.
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 250|
Note: For admission into PG courses, the candidates need to fill a common application form for DU, NCWEB and SOL. So, the candidates have to pay Rs 750 (if belong to General category) and Rs 300 (if belong to reserved categories).
DU SOL Admission 2020 Admit Card
No separate admit cards are released for the students who want to pursue UG courses as there is no entrance exam for UG programs. However, the admit card for DU SOL PG entrance exam is released at Delhi University’s official website, du.ac.in. The candidates can download their respective DU SOL admit card by entering their application form number and date of birth.
DU SOL admission 2020 admit card consists of details like exam date, exam centre, address of the exam centre etc.
Note: On the official website of SOL i.e. sol.du.ac.in, the hall tickets are released for the semester / annual exams.
DU SOL Admission 2020 Result
The candidates can check result for DU SOL at sol.du.ac.in. After the declaration of the result, merit lists are also released. Separate merit lists are released for PG entrance exam. After qualifying PG entrance exam, the candidates are required to appear for GD and PI. The candidates whose name appear in the merit list are required to appear for counselling.
Documents to be produced at the time of admission
- Printout of the duly filled online application form
- Cash / demand draft
- Self-attested photocopy of 10th class certificate
- Self-attested photocopy of 12th class certificate
- Photocopy of 1st, 2nd year, 3rd year graduation marksheet
- Migration certificate
- Latest original income certificate (if applied for fee concession)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Self attested copy of BPL ration card (if applied for fee concession)
DU SOL Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Check the selection procedure for DU SOL admission 2020 given below.
For UG courses: The admission for UG courses is solely merit-based. No entrance exam is conducted for the students seeking admission in UG courses at DU SOL.
For PG courses: The admission in PG courses at DU SOL have the following parameters:
- Merit or direct: 50% of the admission in DU School of Open Learning is based on the merit of the candidates. These 50% seats shall be filled by the candidates belonging to the University of Delhi itself. This mode is not applicable to the students of the other universities.
- Entrance test: The rest of the 50% seats are filled by the entrance examination (DUET) conducted by Delhi University. Also, after the entrance test, the qualified students have to appear for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) depending on the colleges and courses opted.
DU SOL Admission Process 2020
After the release of merit lists, an admission portal gets activated on the official website of sol.du.ac.in. The candidates need to fill that DU SOL admission form then. Check the detailed DU SOL 2020 admission process given below.
Step 1: Register and pay the application fee
The candidates need to register and pay the application fee to get enrolled.
Step 2: Appear for the entrance test / check merit list
As we have observed that for PG courses, the candidates need to appear for the entrance test. For taking admission in UG courses, the candidates need to check the merit lists published at the official website.
Step 3: Fill admission form and appear for document verification
After checking the merit lists for both UG and PG courses, the candidates have to appear at the reporting center for document verification. Carry all the original certificates while appearing at the test center.
After checking the merit lists for PG courses, the candidates have to fill the admission form at SOL’s official website and then appear for verification of documents at the reporting centre.
Step 4: Pay the admission fee
Once the document verification is completed, login to the student’s dashboard and pay the admission fee.
DU SOL Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates admitted into the course have to pay the admission fee at the time of admission. Check the fee structure from the table below:
Amount given below is as per last year’s information
For PG courses
|Course||Category A||Category B||Cateogry C||Category D|
|M.A.||Rs. 4490||Rs. 4490||Rs. 13490||Rs. 75|
|M.Com||Rs. 5140||Rs. 4640||Rs. 13640||Rs. 75|
For UG courses
|Course||Category A||Category B||Category C||Category D|
|BA||Rs. 3430||Rs 3230||Rs 10730||65|
|B.Com||Rs. 3530||Rs 3330||Rs 10830||65|
|B.Com (Hons)||Rs. 3830||Rs 3630||Rs 11130||65|
|B.A (hons) English||Rs. 3530||Rs 3330||Rs 10830||65|
|BA Political (hons)||Rs. 3630||Rs 34630||Rs 10930||65|
DU SOL Admission 2020 Reservation
Check the reservation criteria for DU SOL 2020 given below.
|Widows / Children of Armed Personnel||5%|
FAQs for DU SOL Admission 2020
What is the official website of DU SOL?
The official website for DU SOL is sol.du.ac.in.
What are the PG courses available at DU SOL?
The PG courses available at DU SOL at MA Hindi, MA History, MA Political Science, MA Sanskrit, M.Com.
What are the UG courses available at DU SOL?
The UG courses available at DU SOL are B.Com, BA (Hons) English / Political Science, BA programme, B.Com (Hons).
Is there any entrance exam for UG courses at DU SOL?
No, there is no entrance exam for UG courses at DU SOL. The admission in UG courses are purely merit based.
How is admission granted in PG courses at DU SOL?
For taking admission in PG courses at DU SOL, the candidates have to appear for the entrance exam conducted by Delhi University. 50% of the seats are allotted as per merit of DU students and 50% of the seats are allotted as per the marks secured in the entrance test.
How can I pay the application fee for DU admission 2020?
You can pay the application fee for DU admission 2020 by using the debit card / credit card / net banking / demand draft.
Is there any separate application form to pursue PG courses at DU SOL?
The candidates who want to take admission in PG courses in DU SOL are required to fill a common application form available at the official website of Delhi University.
Official website: www.sol.du.ac.in
For more information about DU SOL Admission 2020, candidates can refer to previous year brochure:
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.