DU SOL Admission 2019, Delhi University (DU) School of Open Learning (SOL) offers admission 2019 to undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes. DU SOL has released the admission notification for both PG and UG programmes on the official website i.e. www.sol.du.ac.in. Candidates have to register themselves to take admission in various PG and UG courses offered by SOL. Eligible candidates can apply for admission and pay requisite fees in the mode prescribed. It is important to realize that the submission of relevant documents is necessary at the time of application form submission and admission. Here you can check the application form dates and Procedure for admission at DU SOL Admission 2019.
DU SOL Admission 2019
Candidates must note that if you are seeking admission in SOL DU 2019 to various courses offered by SOL are required to register, irrespective of the mode of intake. Candidates who want to apply must check the website regularly for any updates. The important dates regarding DU SOL Admission 2019 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|Online Availability of Prospectus||01 Jun 2019|
|Last date for Receipt of Application for admission without late fee (online/offline)||31 Jul 2019|
|Receipt of Application for admission with late of Rs. 200/- (online/offline)||01 to 31 Aug 2019|
|Registration Start Date||03 Jun 2019|
|Closing date for online Registration||17 Jun 2019|
|Closing date for Payment for Already Registered candidates||17 Jun 2019|
|Date of Entrance Examination||To be announced!|
The various UG/PG Courses offered by Delhi University (DU) School of Open Learning (SOL) are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
- B.Com (H)
- BA (H) English
- BA (H) Political Science
- BA Programme
- MA (Hindi),
- MA (History),
- MA (Political Science),
- MA (Sanskrit),
- M.Com. Programme.
DU SOL Application Form 2019 details have been released at the official website i.e www.sol.du.ac.in for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Candidates interested in studying courses at SOL DU have to fill admission form 2019 and submit it with documents. There will be two types of admission facility is available Online and Offline mode for Undergraduate courses. Offline mode is available only for PWD, NHE and FSR students. On the other hand, a candidate can only register online for Postgraduate courses.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the DU SOL Admit Card 2019 from the official website i.e. www.sol.du.ac.in for postgraduate courses. Candidates are required to have admit card without which they will not be allowed to give the examination. Candidates are advised to contact the relevant department in case he/she loses her admit card.
For UG Courses
BA Hons English – 65% in Aggregate in any one of the qualifying examinations with 75% in English Core or 65% in English Elective/ Functional English (at least with 1 language (only English) + 3 academic subjects. Vocational stream is not allowed).
B.Com (Hons) – 55% in Aggregate in any one of the qualifying examinations. or 60% marks in a vocational stream in qualifying examinations.
BA Hons, Political Science – 50% in aggregate in any one of the qualifying examinations at least with one language plus three academic subjects (Vocational stream is not allowed).
BA and B.Com – 40% marks in aggregate in any one of the qualifying examinations (in the case of CBSE and NIOS best 5 subject and other boards maximum marks obtained.
- Click here to check the detailed eligibility and reservation criteria for all categories.
For PG Courses
Age – As per Ordinance of the University, there is no minimum age bar for admission to the Post Graduate courses in the University and its colleges except in courses where the respective regulatory bodies (such as MCI, AICTE etc.) have prescribed the minimum age requirement in their regulations.
M.A.(Hindi) – B.A.(Hons.) Hindi from the University of Delhi with 65% marks for General Category 58.5% for OBC & admission of SC/ST/PWD/CW category candidates will be done as per University rules.
M.A.(History) – B.A.(Hons.) Examination in History from the University of Delhi with 60% Marks.
M.A.(Pol. Sc.) – B.A.(Hons.) in Political Science from University of Delhi with 60% Marks or above.
M.A.(Sanskrit) – B.A.(Hons.) Sanskrit from the University of Delhi with 60% marks for General Category, 54% for OBC and admissions of SC/ST/PWD category candidates will be done as per University rules.
M.Com. – 65% marks in aggregate for General Category 58.5% for OBC Category 60% for CW and PWD Category Minimum passing marks for SC &ST category or70% marks in aggregate for General Category 63% for OBC Category 65% for CW and PWD Category Minimum passing marks for SC &ST category.
Admission Fee for School of Open Learning, Delhi University
Admission fee for UG courses is given below:
Note: The fee and other charges are to be paid in Indian currency along with application form for admission online through credit/debit card and offline by Order/Bank draft obtainable from any Nationalized Bank, in favour of Executive Director, School of open Learning, University of Delhi payable at New Delhi.
Admission fee for PG courses is given below:
The detailed fee structure for DU SOL Admission 2019 for PG Courses is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
For PG Courses
All except interdisciplinary or professional courses have two modes of admission for postgraduate/master courses.
- Merit or Direct: Direct admission of candidates will be 50% of total intake and will only be merit-based. This mode of admission is not applicable to other candidates of other universities.
- Entrance Test: Entrance Examination and Interview/Group Discussion shall fill the remaining 50% seats.
- Reservation / Concession can apply or take part in both modes of admission (Direct and Entrance) keeping in mind the rules set by University from time to time. The Official Department will release the admission list for both separately and category wise.
For PG Courses
Candidates must carry the following document with Application Form, if the relevant documents are not submitted there candidature might get canceled.
- Duly filled Application Form.
- Bank Draft for Category ‘A; Rs. 4990/- Category ‘B’ Rs. 4490/- and Category ‘C’ Rs. 13490/- for M.A. and Category ‘A’ Rs. 5140/- Category ‘B’ Rs. 4640/- and Category ‘C’ Rs. 13640/-for M.Com.
- Two recent passport size photographs to be affixed (a) one on the Application Form and (b) another on the Admit Card. It should be pasted not stapled.
- Self-attested Photocopy of 10th Class Certificate.
- Self-attested Photocopy of 12th Class Passing Certificate.
- Self-attested Photocopy of I, II and III year Marksheet.
- Original Provisional Certificate of Graduation for current year students. However, other students will have to submit the photocopy of Degree Certificate.
- Migration Certificate in original of the respective University if the candidate is studied from other than Delhi University.
- Self-attested photocopy of Reserve Category Certificates of the candidate only, if applicable (for example SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc.) The certificate of the candidate must be released by the Competent Authority before the date of admission.
- Latest Original Income Certificate, if applying for fee concession.
- Self-attested photocopy of BPL Ration Card as well as Original Income Certificate if applying for Financial Assistance.
- Disability certificate, in case of Physical with Disability candidates issued by the competent hospital/board.
- Candidates are required to produce all the Original Certificates for verification at the time of admission.
- The Enrollment number allocated by the College/University is essential to fill in the admission form.
- After qualifying the Entrance Test, the Delhi University rules will strictly be followed in respect of Admission at SOL in all the Post Graduate Courses.
For UG Courses
Documents to be Submitted with DU SOL UG Admission Form through Online
(i) Students passed from CBSE 2006 onward (Delhi Region) opted compulsory languages courses as English A or B/ Hindi A or B/Punjabi A/ Urdu A/ Tamil A of the B.Com and B.A. Programme had to upload following documents:
- Recent Photograph and Signature
- Other educational documents will not be uploaded at the time of admission. However, on demand, it will be produced/uploaded as per requirement.
(ii) Students passed from CBSE 2019 (Delhi Region, opted compulsory languages courses as English-C/Hindi-C/Punjabi-B/Urdu-B/Tamil-B of the B.Com and B.A. Programme and the student applying for B.Com(Hons.)/ BA (Hons) English & BA (Hons) Pol.Sci. had to upload the following documents:
- Recent Photograph and Signature
- Self Attested copy of Class-X Marksheet.
- Self Attested copy of Class-Xll Marksheet.
(iii) Students from other than CBSE Boards, CBSE compartment cases and CBSE (Non-Delhi Region) had to upload the following documents:
- Recent Photograph and Signature
- Self Attested copy of Class-X Certificate and Marksheet.
- Self Attested copy of Class-Xll Certificate and Marksheet. (current students can send a scanned copy of the Provisional Certificate)
- Scanned copy of Migration Certificate ( if the candidates studied from boards other than Delhi like NIOS, UP, Bihar, Haryana, Rajasthan, etc.)
- Compartments/ passed students have to upload both their Marksheets (Compartment+ passed)
(iv) Students applying for the reserved (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/etc.) and BPL category had to upload the following documents, as applicable, in addition to the above-mentioned documents.
- Self Attested copy of Reverse Category Certificate of the candidates only, if applicable (SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc. candidates) certificate of the candidate must be have been issued before the date of admission.
- Self-attested copy of Original Income Certificate, if applying for fee concession/Financial Assistance.
- Self-attested copy of BPL/AAY Ration Card, if applying for Financial Assistance.
Documents to be Submitted with DU SOL UG Admission Form through Offline (Only for PWD, NHE, FSR students):
- Duly filled admission Form & Identity Card Proforma.
- Two recent Passport Size Photographs to be affixed on the application form and another on Identity Card Proforma.
- Self Attested photocopy of class X Certificate and Marksheet.
- Self Attested photocopy of class XII Certificate and Marksheet.
- Original Copy of Migration Certificate/ Transfer Certificate.
- Self Attested photocopy of Reserve category certificate of the candidates applicable for SC/ST/PWD etc. candidates. The certificate of the candidate must have been issued before the date of admission.
- Original Income certificate, if applying for fee concession/ Financial Assistance.
- Self-attested photocopy of AAY Ration Card, for Financial Assistance.
Official website: www.sol.du.ac.in.
For more information about DU SOL Admission 2019, Download the following Documents: