Delhi University (DU) School of Open Learning (SOL) offers admission 2018-19 to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Admission to SOL DU 2018 notified on the official website i.e. www.sol.du.ac.in. Candidates have to register themselves online to take admission in various Postgraduate/Master courses offered by SOL. Eligible candidates can apply for seeking admission and pay requisite fees in the mode prescribed. After getting admission they can obtain books and study in programme applied for and which they got admission in. It is important to realize that submission of relevant documents is necessary at the time of application form submission and admission. From admission dates to form and merit lists, know here all about DU SOL Admission 2018-19.
SOL DU Admission 2018-19
Candidates must note that if you are seeking admission in SOL DU 2018 to various postgraduate courses offered by SOL are required to register online, irrespective of the mode of intake. Candidates who want to apply must check the website regularly for any updates.
- 5 UG – B.Com (H), B.Com, BA (H) English, BA (H) Political Science, BA Programme;
- 5 PG programmes is offered- MA (Hindi), MA (History), MA (Political Science), MA (Sanskrit), M.Com.
- sol.du.ac.in lists various programmes in Departments of English, Hindi, History, Mathematics, Political Science, Sanskrit, Commerce, Economics, Education, Nutrition and Health Education, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil.
Spot Admission are done when there are some seats that are left vacant in the courses. At that time, the University releases notification regarding the on spot admission for those candidates who have qualified the entrance examination. The list of on spot admission has been provided below
- Click here to check Spot Admissions to fill vacant seats in M.A. Political Science
- Click here to check Spot Admissions to fill vacant seats in M.A.History
DU SOL Application Form 2018 details will be released at the official website i.e www.sol.du.ac.in for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Candidates interested in studying courses at SOL DU will have to fill admission form 2018-19 and submit it with documents. A list of documents is specified for course applied for.
Hall Ticket / Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the DU SOL Admit Card 2018 from the official website i.e. www.sol.du.ac.in latest by 30th September 2018 for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Candidates are required to have admit card without which the will not allowed to give examination. Candidates are advised to contact the relevant department in case he/she loses her admit card. In case the candidate loses his/her admit card, a duplicate card can be made at a payment of Rs30/- only.
Eligibility Criteria – UG
BA Hons English – 65% in Aggregate in any one of the qualifying examinations with 75% in English Core or 65% in English Elective/ Functional English (at least with 1 language (only English) + 3 academic subjects. Vocational stream is not allowed).
B.Com Hons – 55% in Aggregate, or 60% Aggregate of the vocational/technical stream with commerce.
BA Hons, Political Science – 50% in aggregate in any one of the qualifying examinations at least with one language plus three academic subjects (Vocational stream is not allowed).
BA and B.Com – 40% or above marks in aggregate at 10+2 examination (in the case of CBSE and NIOS best 5 subject and other boards marks obtained considered for aggregate.
Admission Fee for School of Open Learning, Delhi University
Admission fee for UG courses is given below:
SOL DU Admission 2018 for PG
There are entrance exams for admission to Post Graduate courses. As per University guidelines, all candidates shall apply Online Registration for admission to different Post-graduate courses in the University.
Admission Fee for School of Open Learning, Delhi University
Admission fee for PG courses is given below:
For MA previous year-
For M Com previous year-
Eligibility Criteria – PG
Given below are key points of eligibility criteria for SOL DU PG courses of the year before this. This will give you an idea of what rules may be for this time.
M.A.(Hindi) – B.A.(Hons.) Hindi from the University of Delhi with 65% marks for General Category 58.5% for OBC & admission of SC/ST/PWD/CW category candidates will be done as per University rules.
M.A.(History) – B.A.(Hons.) Examination in History from the University of Delhi with 60% Marks.
M.A.(Pol. Sc.) – B.A.(Hons.) in Political Science from University of Delhi with 60% Marks or above.
M.A.(Sanskrit) – B.A.(Hons.) Sanskrit from the University of Delhi with 60% marks for General Category, 54% for OBC and admissions of SC/ST/PWD category candidates will be done as per University rules.
M.Com. – 65% marks in aggregate for General Category 58.5% for OBC Category 60% for CW and PWD Category Minimum passing marks for SC &ST category or70% marks in aggregate for General Category 63% for OBC Category 65% for CW and PWD Category Minimum passing marks for SC &ST category.
Seat Matrix – PG
All except interdisciplinary or professional courses have two modes of admission for postgraduate/master courses.
- Merit or Direct: Direct admission of candidates will be 50% of total intake and will only be merit based. This mode of admission is not applicable for other candidate of other universities.
- Entrance Test: Entrance Examination and Interview/Group Discussion shall fill the remaining 50% seats.
- Reservation / Concession can apply or take part in both modes of admission (Direct and Entrance) keeping in mind the rules set by University from time to time. The Official Department will release the admission list for both separately and category wise.
Documents Required – PG
Candidates must carry the following document with Application Form, if the relevant documents are not submitted there candidature might get canceled.
- Duly filled Application Form.
- Bank Draft for Category ‘A; Rs. 4990/- Category ‘B’ Rs. 4490/- and Category ‘C’ Rs. 13490/- for M.A. and Category ‘A’ Rs. 5140/- Category ‘B’ Rs. 4640/- and Category ‘C’ Rs. 13640/-for M.Com. The details are available at page No.22.5, 22.6 and 22.7 of the brochure.
- Two recent passport size photographs to be affixed (a) one on the Application Form and (b) another on the Admit Card. It should be pasted not stapled.
- Self-attested Photocopy of 10th Class Certificate.
- Self-attested Photocopy of 12th Class Passing Certificate.
- Self-attested Photocopy of I, II and III year Marksheet.
- Original Provisional Certificate of Graduation for current year students. However, other students will have to submit the photocopy of Degree Certificate.
- Migration Certificate in original of the respective University if the candidate is studied from other than Delhi University.
- Self attested photocopy of Reserve Category Certificates of candidate only, if applicable (for example SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc.) The certificate of the candidate must be released by the Competent Authority before the date of admission.
- Latest Original Income Certificate, if applying for fee concession.
- Self attested photocopy of BPL Ration Card as well as Original Income Certificate if applying for Financial Assistance.
- Disability certificate, in case of Physical with Disability candidates issued by the competent hospital/board.
- Candidates are required to produce all the Original Certificates for verification at the time of admission.
- The Enrollment number allocated by the College/University is essential to fill in the admission form.
- After qualifying the Entrance Test, the Delhi University rules will strictly be followed in respect of Admission at SOL in all the Post Graduate Courses.
Official website: www.sol.du.ac.in.
Click here for DU SOL PG 2018 Admission Prospectus.