DU Admission 2020 – Delhi University grants admission on the basis of merit and entrance exam. The merit based admission is done on the basis of best of 4 marks in class 12 and cut off. Whereas, entrance exam is held by NTA and is called as DUET. There are 91 Colleges, 16 Faculties, 86 Departments, 20 centers, and 03 Institute under DU. The affiliated colleges of DU offer over 500 courses. From this page, you can get all the details on DU admission 2020 dates, application form, courses, cut off, and more from this page.
– DU has released the notice regarding the extension of fees payment for the UG-CW 2020-2021. Check notice details below.
– DU has released the notice for UG- CW Admission for the session 2020-2021. Scroll down to check more details.
– DU has released the Revised Schedule for First Spot Admission to B.El.Ed. course and BMS / BBA(FIA) / BA(H) Business Economics courses. Click here to check the schedule.
– DU has released the notice regarding Spot Admission for Entrance-Based UG Admissions 2020. Scroll down to check it.
– DU has released the notice regarding admission to UG Courses 2020 Under Sports Category. Scroll down to check it.
– DU Spot Admission form has been available now. Click here to Apply.
– DU has released a Special Cut-off list for admission to various UG Courses. Click here to check it.
– DU has released the notice regarding the Special Cut-off list for admission to various Undergraduate Courses. Scroll down to check it.
– DU has released the notice for Clarification of Special Cut-Off. Get Here!
– DU has released the notice to deferred the spot admission to UG Entrance Based Courses and Special Cut-Off for UG Merit Based Courses till further order. Scroll down to check the same.
– For DUET Admission 2020 – Click Here to Check.
– For DU Cut Off 2020 – Click Here to Check.
DU Admission 2020
Delhi University is one of the oldest universities, which is divided into south and north campus. All the affiliates colleges work under these campuses and. The entrance test for DU is conducted by NTA and is called DUET. Whereas, merit based test is carried by the Delhi University. For it, DU releases DU Cut Off for each college. Before moving forward lets us have a look at the important dates for DU admission 2020.
|DU Admission 2020||Dates|
|Notification for DU 2020 admission releases on||20 Jun 2020|
|Last date to submit the DU application form|
|Last date to fill DU 2020 application form for merit based admission||31 Aug 2020|
|Students can update class 12 marks on||12 Sep – 05 Oct 2020|
|1st cutoff list||12 Oct 2020|
|Admission against 1st cutoff||12 – 14 Oct 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||16 Oct 2020|
|2nd cutoff list||19 Oct 2020|
|Admission against 2nd cutoff||19 – 21 Oct 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||23 Oct 2020|
|3rd cutoff list||26 Oct 2020|
|Admission against 3rd cutoff||26 – 28 Oct 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||30 Oct 2020|
|4th cutoff list||2 Nov 2020|
|Admission against 4th cutoff||2 – 4 Nov 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||6 Nov 2020|
|5th cutoff list||9 Nov 2020|
|Admission against 5th cutoff||9 – 11 Nov 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee||13 Nov 2020|
DU PG Admission 2020
DU M.Phil / Ph.D Admission 2020
DU CIC Admission
DU UG- CW Admission 2020 Notice Extension of Fees Payment
Click here to download the notice.
DU UG- CW Admission 2020 Notice
DU Spot Admission 2020 Notice for Entrance-Based UG
- Click here to download the above notice.
DU Admission 2020 Notice for UG Courses Under Sports Category
- Click here to download the above notice.
DU Admission 2020 Special Cut-Off Notice
- Click here to download the above notice.
DU Spot Admission 2020 to UG Entrance Based Courses and Special Cut-Off for UG Merit Based Courses – Postponed!
- Click here to download above complete notice.
DU PG 2020 Revised Schedule for Entrance / Merit Based Admission
- Click here to download DU PG 2020 Revised Schedule for Entrance / Merit Based Admission.
Official Notice for DU Cutcoff 2020 Dates
Check the official notice for the schedule of DU cutoff, admission process and fee payment below:
DU Admission 2020 Notice for Merit-Based Admission
Click here to check above notice.
DU 2020 New Announcement
The University of Delhi has decided to include all the fourteen categories of last year of Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) under the admission through the ECA category in the UG Courses. Applicants may register for a maximum of three ECA category. The criteria for the marking of Merit / Participation ECA certificate are given below. The detailed break-up shall be notified on the website of the University of Delhi in due course of time.
Click here to download full Notice
DU Admission 2020 Form Submission Last Date Extended Notice
The last date to submit the application form for the entrance test based courses is July 31, 2020 and for the merit based courses is August 31, 2020. Check the details below –
The candidates can check below the official notice for Extension of last date to apply for DU admission 2020:
- Click here to check the above Notice.
DU Admission 2020 Notice for Edit in Applications
Click here to check the notice
DU 2020 Application Form
Click here for DU UG Application Form 2020 and details of it.
Click Here for DUET 2020 by NTA Application Form and details.
Click here for DU PG Application Form 2020 and details of it.
Click here for DU M.Phil / Ph.D Application Form 2020 and details of it.
The application form for DU admission 2020 is only available at du.ac.in. The Delhi University has not released offline application form this year. To apply, the candidates need to follow the steps below:
- First of all, the candidates need to register online by submitting name, e-mail id, mobile number, and password.
- After this, the candidates receive an OTP. Only after entering it and registered e-mail id, they can more forward with the application process.
- Following the step above, the candidates need to enter personal details, academic details, entrance details, sports details, and ECA details.
- Once all the details have been entered, the candidates need to upload images in the application form.
- Lastly, the candidates need to pay the application fee, preview the form and make the final submit.
DU 2020 application fee: Just like the form, the application fee for DU admission 2020 can only be paid online via net banking, debit card, credit card, etc. The amount of application fee for DU 2020 is as follows:
|Category||UG||PG||M. Phil / Ph.D|
|UR / OBC (merit based)||Rs. 250||Rs. 750 (except PGDCSL)|
Rs. 2000 (for PGDCSL)
|SC / ST / PwD / EWS (merit based)||Rs. 100||–||–|
|ECA / Sports||Rs. 100||–||–|
|UR / OBC (entrance based)||Rs. 750||Rs. 300 (except PGDCSL)|
Rs. 1500 (for PGDCSL)
|SC / ST / PwD / EWS (entrance based)||Rs. 300||Rs. 300 (except PGDCSL)|
Rs. 1500 (for PGDCSL)
|Admission cancellation fee||Rs. 1000||–||–|
DU UG, PG, Ph.D Admission 2020 – In Nutshell
DU UG admission 2020: The UG admission in DU, in some courses, is based on 10+2 merit. Whereas, in rest of the courses is done on the basis of DU Entrance Test score.
DU PG admission 2020: In all PG courses, 50% seats are filled based on qualifying exam and the rest on the basis of DUET PG scores. However, the merit-based DU PG admission is open for students admission who have attained UG degree from DU.
- You can find complete details on DU PG Admission 2020 here.
DU Ph.D / M.Phil admission 2020: DU admission 2020 in all Ph.D / M.Phil courses is based on DUET 2020, followed by an interview round.
- You can find complete details on DU Ph.d / M.Phil 2020 here.
DUET 2020: Earlier, DU used to conduct various entrance exams like DU JAT for granting admission in certain courses. However, last year, National Testing Agency took over the responsibility to conduct DU entrance exams. Now, DUET is held.
It is an online examination, conducted for these courses –
BA (H) BE, BMS, BBA (FIA), B.Tech (IT & MI), BA (H) HSS, B.El.Ed, B.Sc (PE, HE&S), BA (H) MMC, 5YIPJ, B.A. Hons) in Hindustani Music- Vocal / Instrumental (Sitar / Sarod / Guitar / Violin / Santoor), B.A. (Hons) in Karnatak Music- Vocal / Instrumental (Veena / Violin) and B.A. (Hons) in Percussion Music (Tabla / Pakhawaj).
The admission process for DU UG merit based, DUET based, DU PG, Ph.D is vast. Hence we have created separate pages for it.
1. For those who are looking for PG or Ph.D information – Use the links above.
2. For those who are looking for DUET information – Click Right Here
3. And if you are looking for DU UG merit based admission – The keep on reading
DU Admission 2020 – Courses for Merit Based
From above, you already know the courses for DUET is held. So, now let us see in which courses DU offered merit based admission.
|B.A.(Hons.) in Core Languages||Hindi and English|
|B.A.(Hons.) in Other Language||French / German / Italian / Spanish / Arabic / Bengali / Persian / Punjabi / Sanskrit / Urdu|
|B.A (Hons.) in Subjects||Applied / Psychology / Geography / History / Political / Science/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Philosophy/ Psychology / Economics|
|B.A.(Hons.) in Vocational Studies||Human Resources Management / Management and Marketing of Insurance / Marketing Management and Retail Business / Material Management / Office Management and Secretarial Practice / Small and Medium Enterprises / Tourism Management|
|B.A in||Discipline subject combination based admission|
|B.A (Hons.) in ||Hindi Patrakarita / Journalism|
|B.Voc. in||Printing Technology / Web Designing / Health Care Management / Health Care Management / Retail Management and IT / Banking Operations / Software Development /|
|B.Com. (Hons.)||B.Com (Hons)|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) in||Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Mathematical Sciences / Anthropology / Biological Sciences / Botany / Microbiology / Zoology / Chemistry / Physics / Polymer Science / Electronics/ Instrumentation / Geology / Food Technology / Biochemistry / Biomedical Science /|
|B.Sc. (Pass) in||Home Science|
|B.Sc.(Prog.)||Home Science / Applied Life Science / Life Science / Applied Physical Sciences with Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry / Applied Physical Sciences with Industrial Chemistry / Physical Science with Chemistry / Physical Science with Electronics / Physical Science with Computer Science|
DU Admission 2020 Exception – Medical, SOL, Others
Apart from entrance examination and merit based exam, DU admissions 2020 in few courses shall be done separately, as explained below:
DU Medical Admission 2020: The medical admission in DU, is granted on the basis of NEET UG and NEET PG. The courses offered are as follows:
- DU BAMS / BUMS Admission
- DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission Through NEET 2020
- Delhi University PG Dental (MDS) Admission
- MBBS and BDS admission via MCC counselling.
DU Homeopathy Admission: Earlier, Homeopathy admission in the University of Delhi was done via PGMET. However, now it is done on the basis of AIAPGET.
AIAPGET is a national level entrance examination, which is also conducted by NTA. You can check all the details on AIAPGET 2020 here.
DU Ayurvedic and Unani Medicines Admission: It is also done on the basis of AIAPGET exam.
- Check details here.
DU CIC Admission (Cluster Innovation Centre): The B.Tech, M.Sc and BA (Hons) admission Cluster Innovation Centre is done on the basis of entrance exam. However, the admission is not granted on the basis of DUET, instead, CIC hold its own examination.
FMS Delhi Admission: It is done on the basis of CAT score. On the basis of CAT, candidates are called for GD and PI round.
DU SOL Admission 2020: Delhi University School of Open Learning is very popular. Admission in SOL is granted on basis of entrance exam. Candidates seeking information on DU open admission can check all the detail from here.
Who is Eligible for DU Admission 2020?
Delhi University is very strict regarding eligibility criteria of DU admission 2020. Only eligible candidates can get admission via DU UG merit based. The criteria to be fulfilled is as follows:
Nationality – Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Foreign category students shall apply via fsr.du.ac.in
Education Qualification – A candidates must have passed class XII from a recognized board or a foreign system equivalent to 10+2 system, as per Association of Indian Universities (AIU) standards.
- Candidate must have also passed in individually in each subject.
DU Admission Category: UR / SC / ST / OBC / EWS category candidates who are eligible can apply for merit based, entrance based, or both. Except, in Minority Colleges, where some categories are not applicable.
- Sikh and Christian minorities can seek admission under the minority quota in the Minority Colleges of the University.
- Supernumerary categories are – PwBD / CW / KM / Prime Minister’s special scholarship for Jammu and Kashmir / SS / WQ / ECA / Sports.
Note: Applicants with gap year(s) will not be at any disadvantage for the purpose of admission to undergraduate courses.
DU Course Specific Eligibility Criteria 2020
Other than the eligibility criteria above, the candidates also need to fulfill course specific criteria of eligibility, which is as follows:
- We have just give a quick peak at course wise eligibility criteria. However, for each course it is in detail. You can the details eligibility here.
|Course||DU UG Admission Eligibility Criteria Course Wise|
|B.A.(Hons.) English||+45% marks in 10+2.|
Must have passed English subject.
|B.A.(Hons.) Hindi||+45% marks in 10+2.|
Candidates with +40% marks in 10+2 but able 50% marks in Hindi.
|B.A (Hons.) in Languages||+45% marks in 10+2.|
Candidates with +40% marks in 10+2 but able 50% marks in language paper
|B.A in French/ German/ Italian/|
Spanish and Subjects
|+45% marks in 10+2.|
|B.A.(Hons.) in Vocational Studies||+40% marks in qualifying exam.|
|B.A Prog.||+40% marks in qualifying exam.|
|B.A (Hons.)||+45% marks in qualifying exam.|
|B.Voc. in||+40% marks in qualifying exam.|
|B.Com. (Hons.)||+45% marks in qualifying exam.|
|B.Com||+40% marks in qualifying exam.|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) Computer Science||+ 60% marks in Mathematics|
+ 60% marks in best of four subjects including Mathematics.
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics /|
|+50% marks in Maths |
+ 45% marks in the qualifying exam
|B.Sc. Mathematics /|
|Merit on based on one language, Mathematics and two best academic/ elective subjects|
|B.Sc (Hons) in Other Subjects||+50% or 45% marks in 10+2, as per the need of the subject.|
DU UG Admission Process and Cut Off (Merit Based)
The merit based DU admission 2020 shall be done on the basis of best of 4 scores secured in the qualifying examination. After the candidates have applied, DU access all the application form and marks secured by the candidates 10+2. On the basis of marks in 10+2, in all the board a cut off is determined.
The cut off is announced online, on the website of DU and of the the affiliated colleges. Candidates who have secured more than the cut off score then need to access their DU Login and select course and college. A candidates can select only one college and course.
After making the selection, the online verification of documents is done. For this purpose, the candidates need to upload following documents.
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheet.
- Class 12 provisional certificate / original certificate.
- Character certificate.
- SC / ST / PwD / CW / KM certificate (if applicable).
- OBC (non- creamy layer) certificate (if applicable).
- Transfer certificates and Migration certificate from (for outside Delhi candidates).
- 2 or more passport size self-attested photographs.
Principal of the College approves the admission of the eligible candidates. After this candidates need to pay application fee, as well as and t, go for physical verification of the documents. Those who get through, get admission in DU.
How is Merit List and Best of 4 Calculate for DU Admission 2020
The undergraduate admission in DU 2020 shall be done on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). The marks entered by the candidates serve as basis for determining total marks for course-specific combinations of “best of 4”.
Fr doing so, the candidates need to select course combinations from List A and List B, which are as follows:
List A1: Language Subjects
|Nepali Core / |
|Sindhi Core /|
List A2: Language Subjects
List B: Elective Subjects
|Biology / Biochemistry /|
|Business Mathematics||Geology||Political Science|
Few points to note about the merit list are:
- An academic subject is treated as elective.
- University defines any other relevant subjects as academic/elective for a particular course.
- A merit is calculated via course combinations of marks obtained in best of 4. This is for faculties of Arts, Commerce, Mathematical Sciences, Music, Social Sciences, Applied Social, Sciences and Humanities.
- For admission to courses under the faculties of Sciences and Applied Sciences, course specific combination of 4 subjects is used.
DU Cut Off 2020
Every students want to know DU cut off. However, it is impossible to predict it future. However, candidates can check the last years cut off and on the basis of it get an idea how it can be.
DU cut off is the minimum score need to qualifying the examination. The cut off for DU can go as high as 99 to 100, for good colleges like SRCC, LSR, Hindu, etc. Other than this, DU 1st cut off goes the highest and the University can released 8 to 12 cut off, depending on the number of vacant seats.
|College and Course||Cut off|
|Sri Ram College of Commerce||98.75%|
|Kirorimal College B.Com (Hons.)||98.5%|
|Daulat Ram College||97.6%|
|Dyal Singh College||98.33%|
|Sri Venkateswara College||97.76%|
You can check more previous year Cut Off for DU admission from the links below.
|1st Cut Off||2nd Cut off||3rd Cut Off|
|4th Cut Off||5th Cut Off||6th Cut Off|
|7th Cut Off||8th Cut Off||9th Cut Off|
|10th Cut Off||11th Cut Off||12th Cut Off|
DU Admission 2020 Reservation Criteria
The reservation for DU 2020 admission as as follows:
|Children/Widows of Personnel of the Armed Forces||5%|
|Kashmiri Migrants||upto 5%|
DU UG, PG, M.Phill, Ph.D Information Brochure
The information brochure for DU admission has been only been released on the official website of DU. Candidates can download it from the links below:
|DU Admission 2020||Brochure|
|DU UG admission||Download Here|
|DU UG admission FAQs||Download Here|
|DU PG admission||Download Here|
|DU M.Phil and Ph.D Admission||Download Here|
DU 2020 Admission Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : No, Delhi University does not provide any such reservation.
Ans : No such reservation is provided.
Ans : No, the University does not provide admission in B.Sc Biotechnology but the subject Biotechnology is used to determine eligibility criteria for various B.Sc courses.
Ans : No, NCC School certificates are not considered for Best Four evaluation. If you are applying under ECA category with NCC as your ECA, then you will get the relaxation in the cutoff based on the particular course and college seat availability.
Ans : For BA (H) Economics admission, the applicant must have studied and passed Mathematics at the qualifying examination. The merit is determined on the basis of one language and three best academic/elective subjects as specified.
Ans : The candidates can send a mail in this regard to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ans : The caste certificate for all the categories should be issued on or after March 31 of the current financial year.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.