IGNOU Admission 2020 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) conducts admission for its undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma anmd certificate courses twice a year, January and June. Candidates have to fill the application form after verifying their eligibility criteria online. Candidates who wish to get admission in undergraduate, postgraduate and certificate courses shall apply as per the schedule. Admission of the candidate is based on first-come first-serve basis. Scroll down to check in detail about IGNOU Admission 2020.
IGNOU Admission 2020
IGNOU offers admission in various undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and certificate programmes through more than 21 school of studies and 67 regional Study Centre. Candidates can check the IGNOU admissions 2020 schedule from the below-mentioned table.
|IGNOU UG & PG Admission||Jan 2020||Jul 2020|
|Start date for applying Online||Started||03 Week of Jul 2020|
|Last date for Registration||31 Dec 2019||Last week of Jul 2020|
IGNOU Admission 2020 Courses Offered
The following are the courses offered by the University.
Master’s Degree Programme
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Science(Food Nutrition)
- MA (Rural Development)
- Master of Science (Counselling and Family Therapy)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- MA (English)
- MA (Hindi)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Social Work (Counseling)
- MA (Philosophy)
- MA (Economics)
- MA (History)
- MA (Political Science)
- MA (Public Administration)
- MA (Sociology)
- MA (Gandhi & Peace Studies)
- MA (Psychology)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- MA (Anthropology)
- MA (Development Studies); MA(Adult Education)
- MA (Gender & Development Studies)
- MA(Women and Gender Studies)
- MA (Distance Education)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- MA (Translation Studies)
Bachelor’s Degree Programme
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA); Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Advanced Certificate in Power Distribution Management
- Advanced Certificate in Information Security.
- PG Certificate in Adult Education
- PG Certificate in Cyber Law
- PG Certificate in Patent Practice
- PG Certificate in Bangla-Hindi Translation
- PG Certificate in Malayalam-Hindi Translation
- PG Certificate in Agriculture Policy
- PG Certificate in Gandhi & Peace Studies
- PG Certificate in Information & Assistive Technologies for the Instructors of Visually Impaired
- PG Certificate in Geoinformatics
- PG Certificate in Acupuncture
- PG Certificate in Climate Change
PG Diploma and Diploma Programme
- PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking
- PG Diploma in Rural Development
- PG Diploma in Disaster Management
- PG Diploma in Gandhi & Peace Studies
- PG Diploma in Applied Statistics
- PG Diploma in Translation
- PG Diploma in International Business Operations
- PG Diploma in Adult Education
- PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights
- PG Diploma in Folklore & Culture Studies
- PG Diploma in Book Publishing
- PG Diploma in Sustainability Science
- PG Diploma in Criminal Justice
IGNOU Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying, candidates should check the eligibility criteria from below.
- U.G Programmes: Candidates must have completed and passed 10+2 or any equivalent examination
- P.G Programmes: Candidates must have completed Bachelor’s from any recognized University
- Advanced Certificate Programme: Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Post Graduate Diploma Programmes: Candidate who have completed graduation in their required stream can apply for Post Graduate Diploma courses.
IGNOU Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to apply online in order to apply for the programme. Candidate must have a valid email id and phone number before applying for the exam. Application form has to be filled along with making the payment of the application fee which is expected to be Rs 200 as per the last year information. Check the step by step procedure to apply from below.
Step 1: Firstly, candidates have to register by providing details such as Name, DOB, mail Id and Mobile No. and create a password between 8 to 16 characters long.
Step 2: Then, candidates have to pay the application in online through Credit/Debit/ATM/NetBanking.
Step 3: Moving forward, candidates have to attach the scanned document and Photograph and Signature.
Step 4: Next, click on the “submit” button. Thereafter, candidate’s username is sent vis sms/email.
Step 5: Candidate’s shall keep the username and password safe as it is used in future logins.
Documents to be uploaded during Registration
The following are the documents that must be there with the candidate at the time of filling the application form.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Age Proof Certificate
- Educational Qualification
- Experience Certificate (if any)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC
- BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line
Indira Gandhi National Open University known as IGNOU is located in New Delhi. The focus of the university is to serve the nation by providing distance learning. The university was established in the year 1985. At present, the university has over 4 million candidates registered to it.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.