Indira Gandhi National Open University has been issued a application form for admission to Post Basic BSc Nursing programmes 2018 through Entrance Test OPENNET-VIII. IGNOU has been announced the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2018 – OPENNET VIII result probably in the month of October/November 2018. Candidates can check the detailed information like application form, eligibility criteria, admit card from this page given below.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2018 – OPENNET VIII
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is a degree programme of three years, duration for in-service diploma holder Nurses. The Programme is approved by the Indian Nursing Council (INC). Admission will be done through an Entrance Examination (OPENNET-VIII).
Schedule of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2018 OPENNET-VIII is given below.
|Last date of submitting the Application Form||15th Jul 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||Sep 2018|
|Declaration of result||Oct/Nov 2018|
|Tentative date of Region-wise counselling||Dec 2018 / Jan 2019|
|Final admission||Jan 2019|
Eligibility for Admission
In-service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. (For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery). OR
In-service Nurses (RNRM) having 10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of five years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. (For males nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery).
Note: Candidates with less than two years of experience after RNRM should not apply.
Age of Admission: There is no maximum age limit.
Applications in the prescribed form complete in all respects should reach the Concerned Regional Director, IGNOU Regional Centre (where the programme study centre of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing is located) by registered post/ speed post. Fill up Regional Centre Code where you want to take admission and in which the Programme Study Centre of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing is located.
Indira Gandhi National Open University will release admit card for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2018 OPENNET-VIII after the application process gets over. Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the link that will be provided below.
Note – Request for change of examination center will not be entertained.
Entrance Test – OPENNET VIII
Candidates will be required to apply/submit their entrance test form to the Regional Centre from where the candidates wish to pursue the Programme. It may be noted that the Programme Study Centres for Post Basic BSc Nursing are located only in Regional Centres as given in Appendix-VIII. So candidates are requested to ensure that they fill the RC code/PSC code in their entrance test forms of only those regional centres where PSCs for Post Basic BSc Nursing are activated.
- Application should be submitted at concerned Regional Centre only (Where the candidate wishes to take admission) and where PSC of Post Basic BSc Nursing is located.
- Entrance test will be conducted on a scheduled date as decided by the university, in the centres identified all over the country.
- Entrance test will comprise 120 multiple choice questions (bearing one mark each) drawn from various subjects taught in GNM.
- The candidates will be provided OMR Sheet for marking the responses.
- Duration of the test will be two and a half hours.
Candidates will be required to submit self attested copy of the following certificates at the time of Counselling/ Admission along with original copies of all the documents for verification during counseling which will be conducted at concerned regional centre:
- Original admit card for entrance test
- Certificate of date of birth (10th class certificate).
- 10+2 pass certificate.
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate (In case of registration from more than one council, produce all the certificates at the time of admission counseling).
- Experience Certificate/s (On Letter Head of the competent authority with full name, date and signature with stamp). Experience will be counted after RNRM registration till the last date of receipt of application form by University.
- GNM Mark sheet (Including marksheet of all years).
- NOC from the organization, where you are working, clearly indicating that you are presently working.
- Category Certificate indicating reservation status for SC/ST/Non Creamy layer of OBC /PH/ Kashmiri Migrant/War Widow etc.
- Income certificate incase of Non creamy layer of OBC.
- Two (2) passport size photographs
- Demand draft of `18,000/- towards 1st year admission fees in favour of IGNOU, payable at concerned regional centre.However, Programme Fee is under revision and may be effective from January , 2018 itself.
The admission will be made Region wise, strictly on the basis of merit from the list of eligible candidates in each category after verification of the documents. The reservation policy will be followed as per Government of India rules.
Admission for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme for January, 2019 session will be done region wise on the basis of merit in common entrance test. Regional Centres where Post Basic B. Sc (N) Programme Study Centres are established will do the counseling and admissions. Candidates from any Region/State can apply as per their choice through any Regional Centre/s where PSCs for Post Basic BSc. Nursing Programme are established. Application forms will be processed at Regional Centres concerned and complete data including all details will be transfered to Student Evaluation Division, Block 12, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068. Entrance Test will be conducted by SED. Result has been processed by SED. Region based merit list will be prepared after tie-break by SED. Counseling will be conducted by the Regional Centres. Counseling Committee will be constituted at all the concerned RCs with at least two external nursing experts, from the same state/region.
IGNOU will announce the result of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2018 – OPENNET VIII. Qualifying in the Entrance Test does not mean an offer of admission. Candidates will be able to check the IGNOU OPENNET VIII results from the result page that will be provided below.
Counselling for admission to Post Basic BSC Nursing Programme January 2019 session for qualified candidates will be done at respective regional centres based on region wise merit list/Rank and availability of seats.
For more details about Admission – Download Information Brochure of 2018.