SAU Admission 2020: South Asisan University has announced the new exam date for SAU Admission 2020. Candidates are advice to visit the official website, which is sau.int, for latest updates. South Asian University (SAU) offers admission in Master’s programme and Ph.D. level programmes in Development Economics, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Applied Mathematics, Sociology, International Relations and Legal Studies. Admission in the said courses shall be done on the basis of marks obtained in entrance examination 2020. Candidates can check the complete details of SAU Admission 2020 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
– SAU Admission 2020 Result of Entrance Exam to Masters Programs has been released. Scroll down to check the same.
– SAU has released the list of candidates for Interview in Ph.D Applied Mathematics. Click here to check.
South Asian University (SAU) Admission 2020
Candidates can fill their application for Master and MPhil /Ph.D. level programmes for admission at South Asian University from the official website as per scheduled date. Admit card for the entrance test will be issued by SA University. Merit list will be prepared after the successful conduction of examination.
Schedule for the SAU Admission 2020 is given below.
|Last date for submitting filled application|
30 Jun 2020
|Availability of Admit Card||to be announced!|
SAU 2020 Entrance Exam Result
The candidates can check the result of the entrance exam in the form of the selection list. The list is uploaded on the official website as per the schedule. The candidates can also check the link to check the PDF file on this page as per the schedeule. The candidaes whose names appear on the list have to appear for the admission process as notified.
Result: Click here to download Result for Masters Programme.
SAU Admission 2020 Exam Date Announcement
The university has announced the new exam date for SAU Admission 2020. Official notice for the same is provided below.
SAU Admission 2020 Application Form
The application can be filled online for various courses from the official website on or before the last date. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before applying online application.
Application Fee: Rs. 700/-.
Once you register online, the system will send you two separate emails giving your User ID and Password to your email ID. Please login by providing the User ID and Password sent to you and complete your application. Candidates can check the complete information related to the application process from the above “application form” link.
Application Procedure 2020 for Nationals of Non-SAARC Countries –
Candidates who are from outside the SAARC region neet to send their application form directly to with all supporting documents including educational records, identity proof and a colour photograph. Candidates have to send the application form on the below address:
Deputy Registrar Admissions,
South Asian University,
Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi 110021,
South Asian University (SAU) Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Master Level Programmes
The following is a list of the Master’s level programmes offered at SAU. The figures in brackets show the number of seats available in each programme.
- M.A in Economics: Completed 12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree with mathematics as a subject of study with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade. Candidates who have a 4 year Bachelor’s degree or 2 years Bachelor’s degree and have cleared the first year of the Master’s programme are also eligible.
- M.Sc in Computer Science: Completed minimum 15 years of education (12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant area) with minimum 55% marks. Also, those candidates who have a 4 year Bachelor’s degree or 2 years Bachelor’s degree and have cleared the first year of the Master’s programme are also eligible
- MSc in Applied Mathematics: Candidates must have completed minimum 15/ 16 years of education (12 years of schooling + 3/4 years of bachelor’s degree with mathematics as a subject) with minimum 55% marks.
- Master of Laws (LLM): Candidates must have completed 15 years of education (12 years of schooling + a 5 year integrated BA/BBA/BSc/LLB degree or 12 years of schooling + a 2 or 3 year Bachelor’s degree + a 3 year LLB degree or 12 years of schooling + a 4 year LLB degree) with a minimum of 50% marks.
- MSc in Biotechnology: Candidates must have completed 15 years of education (12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree in one of the streams – Biological Sciences / Chemistry / Agriculture and allied sciences; Veterinary and allied sciences / Biotechnology / Biochemical Technology) with minimum 55% marks are eligible to apply.
- MA in International Relations: Candidates must have completed 15 years of education (12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree) with minimum 50% marks.
- MA in Sociology: Candidates must have completed 15 years of education (12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelor’s degree) with a minimum of 50% marks.
The following is a list of Ph.D. programmes offered at SAU. The figures in brackets show the number of seats available in each programme.
- Ph.D. in Economics: Completed 17 years of education with minimum 50% marks.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: Candidate must have completed minimum 17 years of regular education (12 years of schooling + 3 year’s of bachelor’s degree + 2 year’s of master degree) with minimum 55% marks.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics: Candidates must have completed minimum 17 years of education with a master degree with 55% marks in the following specialization – Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Operations Research/ Physics .
- Ph.D. in Legal Studies: Candidates who have possessed an LLB degree along with one year LLM degree with minimum 60% marks are eligible for admission. Also, those candidates who have completed 17 years of education with minimum 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology: Candidate must have completed minimum 17 years of education including 12 years of schooling + a bachelor’s degree + a master’s degree in aany specialisation with minimum 55% marks.
- Ph.D. in International Relations: A minimum of 17 years of regular education with minimum 50% marks in international relation or related field like olitical Science, Economics, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, History, Philosophy, Linguistics, Mass Communications, Education, Geography, Law, Social Work, Development Studies, Criminology, Archaeology, Cultural Studies, Gender Studies, Post-Colonial Studies, English, Comparative Literature and Comparative Religious Studies.
- Ph.D. in Sociology: A minimum of 17 years of regular education with 50% marks in the sociology or any one of the following specialisation – Political Science, Economics, Psychology, Social Anthropology, History, Philosophy, Linguistics, Mass Communication, Education, Geography, Law, Social Work, Development Studies, Criminology, Archaeology, Cultural Studies, Gender Studies, Post-Colonial Studies, English, Comparative Literature, Comparative Religious Studies or Sociology of Science.
Courses and Seats available at SAU
The South Asian University is offered admission to below courses.
|Master Level Programmes||No. of seats||Ph.D Programmes||No. of seats|
|M.A in Economics||30||Ph.D. in Economics||06|
|M.Sc in Computer Science||30||Ph.D. in Computer Science||06|
|M.Sc in Applied Mathematics||30||Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics||06|
|LLM (Master of Laws)||30||Ph.D. in Legal Studies||06|
|M.Sc in Biotechnology||30||Ph.D. in Biotechnology||08|
|M.A in International Relations||30||Ph.D. in International Relations||06|
|MA in Sociology||30||Ph.D. in Sociology||06|
Country-wise Quota of Seats for SAU Admission 2020
- 50% seats are reserved for Indian applicants in all the Master’s level programmes.
- 4% seats are reserved for applicants from each of the following five countries: Afghanistan, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- 10% of seats are reserved for applicants from each of the following countries: Pakistan and Bangladesh;
- 10% of seats may be allotted to applicants from outside the SAARC region;
- Merit lists will be prepared country-wise and the competition will only be amongst candidates within each country;
- If the seats allocated to a particular country are not filled, they will be allocated to students from other countries, as per SAU rules.
The available seats in each programme will be divided as follows:
- 50% seats for Indian students and the remaining 50% seats for all other seven SAARC countries put together.
- Two merit lists will be prepared, one for Indian applicants and the other will be a combined merit list for the remaining SAARC countries. In view of the small number of seats available in each programme, seat reservation for individual countries is not possible.
SAU Entrance Test 2020
An Entrance Test will be conducted simultaneously throughout the SAARC region. The Entrance Tests will be held in three shifts on the same day at all the centers as shown below:
Examination Shift for Entrance Test to be held on day 1
Examination Shift for Entrance Test held to be held on day 2
SAU Admit Card 2020
South Asian University (SAU) will release the admit card for Admission Test. Admit card will be made available for download after the completion of Application process. Admit card is a very important document to enter in the examination hall, without admit card candidate will not be allowed to enter in the examination center. Candidates have to log in using E-mail & Password to download their admit card.
SAU 2020 Exam Centres
Exam is going to be conducted in India or outside centres from India. Candidates can check the list of exam centres for SAU 2020 as given below:
Test centres in India
Test Centres Outside India
SAU 2020 Fee Structure
The candidates can check below the fee structure as per last year in the table below:
|Head||SAARC Students||Non-SAARC Students|
|US$ 440 per semester for day scholars.|
US$ 500 per semester for boarders,
|US$ 4500 per semester for day scholars |
US$ 5100 per semester for boarders,
|Admission Fee (Non-Refundable)||US$ 100||US$ 100|
|US$ 100||US$ 100|
|Students’ Aid Fund (Non-Refundable)||Rs. 50/- Per semester||Rs. 50/- Per semester|
Previous Year Sample Paper of SAU Admission Entrance Test
Candidates can check and download the course wise sample paper from below.
|Master Level Programmes|
|M.A in Economics||Download|
|M.Sc in Computer Science||Download|
|M.Sc in Applied Mathematics||Download|
|LLM (Master of Laws)||Download|
|M.Sc in Biotechnology||Download|
|M.A in International Relations||Download|
|MA in Sociology||Download|
|Ph.D. in Economics||Download|
|Ph.D. in Computer Science||Download|
|Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics||Download|
|Ph.D. in Legal Studies||Download|
|Ph.D. in Biotechnology||Download|
|Ph.D. in International Relations||Download|
|Ph.D. in Sociology||Download|
Official website: sau.int
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.