DTU Admissions will be through JAC Delhi. Joint Admission Counselling for DTU, IGDTUW, IIITD, NSIT will be conducted in July (expected). There is no separate counselling for B.Tech Admission. It is participating in the joint counselling for Delhi engineering colleges. Please visit the JAC Delhi page for more information and updates on the same. Other courses admission such as B.Tech Evening, B.Tech LE, M.Tech, Ph.D is done directly by DTU
DTU Admission 2018 for B.Tech
Please note that the DTU B.Tech Admission will be done through JAC Delhi. The final and updated information is given on JAC Delhi page. Please visit the JAC Delhi page at the link given below.
Delhi Technological University is a non-affiliating teaching-cum-research University engaged in fostering excellence in education, research, and innovations in engineering and technology, applied sciences and management.
Educational Qualifications: A candidate passing any of the following examinations from a recognized School/College/Institute located within the National Capital Territory(NCT) of Delhi only and securing 60 % or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of Bachelor of Technology Course provided he/she has passed in each subject separately. A candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study of the Senior School Certificate Examination Level (Core or Elective).
Applicant must be 17 years of age and maximum 25 years of age on or before the first October of the years in which he/she seeks admission.
DTU Admission for Other courses
- B.Tech (Evening) Admissions
- B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission
- MBA Admission at Delhi School of Management (DSM) – Announced!
- M.Tech. Admission – Announced!
The University is inspired by the talent and driven by innovations and is firmly committed to providing industry relevant, socially responsible manpower to meet the challenges of 21st Century. The culture of research and innovations is vibrant in the DTU campus which inspires students from UG levels onwards to engage in cutting-edge technology development and discover the value and worth of the knowledge acquired by them during their studies. With its illustrious history spanning over 71 years, the institution is marching on the pathways of excellence and is one of the highly sought-after universities for the inspired student’s community and faculty.
DTU Ph.D. Admission 2018
Delhi Technological University admits Full-Time/Part-Time scholars for Ph.D. in various branches of Engineering, Sciences, Humanities, and management. Read all the details of DTU Ph.D. Admission 2018 like schedule, application procedure, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Schedule of DTU Ph.D. Admission 2018 is given below.
|The opening of Online Application Form||08 May 2018|
|Last date for Online Application||13 Jun 2018|
|Date of Written test||23, 24 Jun 2018|
|Date of Result||24 Jun 2018|
|Date of Interview||05 & 06 Jul 2018|
|Date of final Result||10 Jul 2018|
Interested candidates can apply online on or before the scheduled date. Before going to apply candidates must check all the details carefully.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for DTU P.hD. Admission to 2018.
How to apply for the DTU P.hD. Admission 2018?
The candidates who are seeking admission in the said course can apply for the test. To apply follow the steps.
- For making an application the candidates can either visit the Official website or click on the given link.
- After clicking on the link they have to fill the form by entering the general details.
- After this step, you have to upload the image and the signature.
- Now pay the examination fee.
- After all this, you have to download the confirmation page. This will help you for the future reference. Now you are done.
- An applicant possessing a Masters degree in Engineering/Technology/ Sciences/ Management/Humanities and Social Sciences in relevant discipline or equivalent with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as determined by the Delhi Technological University shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University.
- In exceptional cases applicant with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible. Five percent (5%) relaxation in marks at the level of qualifying degree will be given to SC/ST category students for determining the eligibility conditions to appear in the screening test.
- Part-time applicants will be eligible under three categories
(i) Candidates from organizations which have MOU with Delhi Technological University
(ii) Organizations with R&D Labs of national repute
(iii) Regular faculty/Teaching cum Research Fellow or Scientists from Educational Institutions, R&D organizations, and Govt. Department/Govt. Undertaking provided that.
For complete details of Eligibility Criteria, check the Revised Information brochure given below on this page.
- The short-listing of applications for the purpose of screening test & interview will be done by the Ph.D. coordinator nominated by the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the respective departments. Written test will be of 60 marks having 60 questions from entire spectrum of the department syllabus and 1½ Hr. duration along with interview weightage of 40 marks. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of 100 marks.
- The short listing of candidates for interviews will be done on the basis of following criteria:
- General/OBC category candidates: Minimum 30% Marks in the written test or five times the available seats in the respective category, whichever is higher.
- SC/ST category candidates: Minimum 20% Marks in the written test or five times the available seats in the respective category, whichever is higher.
- Those candidates, who are having a valid CSIR/ BARC/ NET (JRF) or any other Govt. fellowship will be exempted from written test in addition to the DTU/DCE faculty, regular employees of the organisations having MoU with DTU along with Project staff of DTU (as per PhD Ordinance). Foreign students who apply through Ministry of Human Resource Development or foreign students under a Cultural Exchange Scholarship Programme of government of India will also be exempted from the written test. For all such candidates who are exempted from appearing in written test, the merit list will be prepared on the basis interview marks only.
- The interview shall be conducted by a committee comprising of Vice-Chancellor, Chairman, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Dean Academic (PG) and Ph. D coordinator as common members along with the members of respective DRCs.
- Any change in category of candidates will not be entertained; hence they will be selected in the category in which they have applied.
- Ph.D. Admissions in respect of Nominations of foreign students from Indian council for cultural Relations (ICCR) will be done as per University Rules.
For more information about the DTU P.hD. Admission 2018 Download Information Brochure.