National Law University, Delhi (NLUD) is a law university in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. NLUD is one of the national law schools in India built on the five-year law degree model proposed and implemented by the Bar Council of India. The primary objective of the University is to evolve and impart comprehensive and interdisciplinary legal education that is socially relevant. Through this education, they aim to promote legal and ethical values and foster the rule of law and the objectives enshrined in the Constitution of India.
National Law University (NLU) Delhi Entrance Exams
University also conducts an entrance exam “All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)” for admission in BA LLB, LLM, and PhD courses, offered by National Law University, Delhi.
National Law University (NLU) Delhi B.A. LLB. (Hons.) Admission
Admission to the First Year of the 5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme is made strictly on merit, based on the All India Entrance Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or Equivalent Examination with 50% marks. The candidates appearing in the 12th standard examination in March/April, 2018 can also apply.
- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis
- Candidates should score at least 40% of the marks in the AILET (30% for SC/ ST candidates)
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
|Total number of questions||150|
|Duration of the Examination||1 hour 30 minutes|
AILET Entrance Test: CLICK HERE
Total Seats: 80 [70 Seats on merit through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and 10 Seats for direct admission to Foreign Nationals on merit]. Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET. Foreign Nationals to be eligible should have obtained 65% marks in the qualifying examination.
Reservation: 15% for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 5% for Persons with Disabilities.
Apart from above 3 seats are supernumerary as follows:
- seat is reserved for migrants from Kashmir.
- seats are reserved for residents of Jammu and Kashmir
National Law University (NLU) Delhi LLM Admission
To be eligible for admission to the LL.M. Programme, a candidate should have passed the LL.B. or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks on aggregate (50% in case of reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST/Persons with Disability).
Admission of foreign nationals shall be made on the basis of:
- LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disability). The candidates appearing in final LL.B. examination in April/May, 2018 can also apply.
The admission shall be through a written test to be conducted by the University, followed by an interview. Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination can appear for the Entrance Test subject to the condition that they produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed percentage of marks at the time of interview.
35+5 Seats for Foreign Nationals. Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET
|Persons with Disability||5%|
|Tuition Fee||Rs.65,000/- (Rs.32,500/-per semester)|
|Academic Support Service Fee||Rs.3,000/-|
|Sports and Games Facilities Fee||Rs.3,000/-|
|Re-registration Fee Fee||Rs.5,000/-|
|*Hostel Deposit||Rs.5,000/- (Rs.2,000/- for SC/ST)|
LLM Professional Course
The University offers admission to the LL.M (Professional) Programme which is conducted through a mixed mode of distance education and contact learning. A person who has completed his / her graduation in any discipline, with a minimum of 50% marks, and has been in service can opt for it.
- Click here to know more about LLM Professional course.
National Law University (NLU) Delhi Ph.D Admission
To be admitted to the candidature for a Doctoral degree an applicant should have:
- obtained a Master’s Degree in law from any recognised university securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent (50% in case of SC/ST/ persons with disability) or
- obtained a degree in law and a Masters Degree with M. Phil in social sciences or humanities of any recognised university with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent
- Provided that candidates with qualifications in social sciences and humanities may be admitted to the programme if the research they wish to pursue interfaces with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy of Law. or
- Degree in law and Ph.D. in any discipline. or
- Judge of any State High Court in India with three years’ experience or Judge of Supreme Court of India.
The Vice-Chancellor may permit a member of the NLU, Delhi faculty to take up Ph.D. Degree course along with his / her teaching assignment in the interest of faculty improvement on the condition that his / her teaching and other responsibilities are not hampered in any way, provided that such candidates fulfil the conditions prescribed in the Ph.D. Regulations.
There shall be a written test which will consist of two papers:
Paper I – Research Methodology
100 marks, Objective type 100 questions of Multiple Choice, Duration 1 hour 30 minutes
Paper II – Research Proposal Specific Paper
This shall not be a written paper. The candidate has to submit a research proposal not exceeding 15 pages on the topic in which the candidate wants to pursue a Ph.D.
The Research Proposal shall contain
- Statement of problem & background information on the subject
- Research questions,Hypothesis & Methodology; and
- Research design
The candidates must submit the Research Proposal (three copies) after declaration of AILET-2018 result failing which the candidates will not be interviewed.
Each paper shall carry a maximum of 100 marks. The candidates successful in the written test shall be required to make an oral presentation before the Doctoral Committee on the dates notified by the University.
- The admission shall be through a written test to be conducted by the university.
- The candidates who have qualified for UGC NET / JRF, SLET, and M. Phil. are exempted from taking the admission test.
- All qualified candidates shall make a presentation before the Doctoral Committee on the proposed topic of research on a date notified by the University.
National Law University (NLU) Delhi PG Diploma Admission
Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Environmental Management and Law (PGDUEML)
The University is focused on strengthening delivery capacity of urban administrators and elected representatives. It is designed to provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the existing urban laws, by-laws and policies. It is aimed towards the training and capacity building of the urban administrators, personnel and all those concerned persons involved with improving living conditions and quality of life for urban citizens by providing them with policy prescriptions, innovations for better urban governance, information and training inputs.
Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism and Environmental Laws (PGDTEL)
PGDTEL is designed to provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the existing issues of sustainable tourism, with special focus on socio-cultural, legal and policy issues. The programme includes perspectives on all the new developments and new insights into the relationship between tourism and the environment, dealt with at both global and regional level. The programme is useful to all tourism providers and prospective tourism producers. It aims to assist professionals and fresh graduates to develop a better understanding of the tourism industry, especially in relation to those working in areas of ecotourism. This programme is open to all graduates / working professionals. Work experience of a minimum of two years in the relevant field is desirable.
Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Laws and Policy (PGDELP)
With a more ecologically and socially conscious milieu it is essential to minimize the adverse impacts of pollution and ecological degradation through proper environmental management and international cooperation. This can be done by not just raising awareness of environmental values but also strengthening the delivery capacity of environmental professionals so that they are well equipped to face the challenges in their stream of work. PGDELP provides opportunities for law graduates and professionals working in the field of environment to enrich their understanding of the issues, institutions and initiatives in the field of environmental law and policy.