IGDTUW Admission 2018 Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) is contributing to female empowerment by provided higher education courses like B.Tech, B.Arch, M.Tech, M.Sc, P.hD. For the upcoming admission in session 18-19, the University has announced the PG details so far. The applications are invited for the PG and P.hD courses. University has announced only the application process and released the application form. Check here all the details regarding IGDTUW Admission 2018 like the application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc.
Course Wise Admission Information
IGDTUW Admission 2018
The selection of the candidates will according to the entrance examination. The entrance will be organized by the IGTUW. As of now, the university has announced only IGDTUW Admission 2018 details. The important dates regarding the application and the entrance have not been announced yet, as soon as IGDTUW releases the dates, the details will be updated here.
Application Form for IGDTUW Admission 2018
The application form will be provided online, by the IGDTUW. To submit the form, candidates will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1000/-. The details to be submitted in the application form will be:
Candidates will have to ensure that the form is submitted in the prescribed format. Also, it has to be submitted before the lapse of the deadline. An application number will be allocated to the candidates after the successful submitting of the application form. Candidates must keep it safe as it will be required during various stages. Candidates will also need it while contacting the university through any medium.
Eligibility Criteria for IGDTUW Admission 2018
For MCA Admission
- Bachelor’s Degree of a recognized University in any discipline with at least 60% marks in aggregate and must also have passed Mathematics subject (core or elective or functional) at 10+2 level of the CBSE or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
- OR BCA/BIT/BIS of a recognized University of at least three years duration with at least 60% marks in aggregate or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto.
For P.hD. Full-Time Program
- For Engineering (CSE, IT, MAE, ECE) Degree in M.E/M.Tech or equivalent from a recognized University /Institution in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA & B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- For Computer Application (MCA) from a recognized University/ Institution with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate CGPA & Graduation Degree (with Sciences and Mathematics) with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- For Sciences and Humanities (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English) Master Degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University/ Institution with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA & undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
For Part-Time P.hD. Program: Faculty working in Educational Institutions, Scientists working in R & D Organizations/Labs, Professionals working in a PSUs/ Corporate/Industry registered under Company’s Act. Provided that
- The Applicant possesses the minimum entry qualification for the degree as given in the admission eligibility for full-time Research Scholars.
- The applicant is presently employed under any of the following categories:
a. Applicants working in organizations which have MOU with IGDTUW.
b. Applicants working on Full-Time basis (regular/ad-hoc/contract) in a National Level R&D Lab/ a reputed organization/ recognized educational institution / university/ PSU/ Corporate/ Industry registered under Company’s Act organization.
Admit Card for IGDTUW Admission 2018
This is to inform to all the candidates who will apply for the admission to MCA and P.hD. the programs at IGDTUW for the Academic Session 2018-19 that the Admit Card for appearing in the MCA Entrance and P.hD. RAT(Research Aptitude Test)Examination will be sent to the registered e-mail id of the candidates before the examination. The necessary instruction/guidelines for the Entrance Exam are available on the University website www.igdtuw.ac.in. The admit card link will present here at the right time for the convenience of the aspirants.
Reservation & Relaxation Policy
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes will be allowed 10% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirement and Candidates belonging to OBC will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirement.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirement.
Selection Process in IGDTUW Admission 2018
Admission to MCA program -The admission to MCA program of IGDTUW is on the basis of rank secured in the entrance examination conducted by IGDTUW. 85% of the total seats are reserved for a candidate belonging to Delhi Region (Students passing the qualifying examination from recognized University / College / Institution located within the NCT of Delhi) and 15% of the total seats for candidates belonging to outside Delhi Region.
Admission to Ph.D. & JRF Program -Admission process to the Ph.D. programme is common to both categories of applicants i.e. Full Time & Part Time.
Admission shall be made on the basis of a written Screening Test (Research Aptitude Test, RAT) followed by an interview. However, the following applicants are exempted from RAT subject to the fulfillment of eligibility for entry qualifications shall be allowed to appear in the interview directly :
- Full time female teaching staff of IGDTUW.
- Applicants who have qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF/NET Or have qualified GATE with a score above the minimum cutoff and successfully completed the degree.
|Course||Tuition fee (per annum)||Student welfare fee (per annum)||Security Deposit (Refundable)||Total|
|M. Tech (Part Time)||80,000||—||5000||85,000|
IGDTUW was established by the Government of Delhi in May 2013, vide Delhi State Legislature Act 9, 2012. It began as a non-affiliating teaching and research University at Delhi to facilitate and promote studies, research, technology, innovation, incubation and extension work in emerging areas of professional education among women. The main focus of the institute is engineering, technology, applied sciences, management and its allied areas with the objective to achieve excellence in these and related fields. So far, the placement results of the university have been up to the mark and the future only seems brighter.
For more information about the IGDTUW Admission 2018 download the Information Brochure.
Official Website: www.igdtuw.ac.in
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.