JMI Admissions 2018 covers various UG, PG and other courses in the Jamia Millia Islamia University. Jamia Millia Islamia University Admission shall be done either on the basis of JMI Entrance Tests or other Entrance Tests like JEE Main, NEET wherever applicable. The Candidates who have qualified the P.hD/M.Phil Admission test held on 08 April 2018 and interested to be considered for admission has to apply afresh for winter session 2018. JMI Admission 2018 refers to everything including application form submission, the conduct of entrance exam and interviews, declaration of results. Get here complete details of JMI Admission 2018 such as Jamia Millia Islamia University application form, obtaining admit cards, exam pattern, results.
Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) Admission 2018
The admission notification has been issued by JMI for admission in academic session 2018-19 will be released separately for each course. The candidates can check all the important dates and keep track of the events from the table below.
Important Dates For B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.D.S Admission
|JMI Courses||Last Date to Apply||Exam Date|
|B.Tech and B.Arch||On the basis of JEE Main 2018:
JEE Main Offline – 08 Apr 2018
JEE Mian Online – 15 and 16 Apr 2018
|B.D.S||To be announced||On the basis of NEET 2018:
To be announced
Important Dates For JMI Entrance Exam
|Start of online application form||02 Feb 2018|
|Last date to submit application form|
|Application forms Open for Editing||08 –
|Issue of Admit Cards||08 – 13 Apr 2018|
|Last date for submitting Qualifying Exam Result||15 Sep 2018|
|Academic Session Starts|
|Continuing Semester/Annual Classes||17 July 2018|
|First Semester/Ist Year Classes||01 Aug 2018|
Other JMI Admissions
- JMI B.Tech & B.Arch Admission (previously JMI EEE – Engineering Entrance Exam)
- JMI CDOL (Distance Education)
- JMI BE (Evening) Admission
M.Phil / Ph.D. Admissions 2018
Jamia Millia Islamia University has offered admission to M.Phil/Ph.D. programmes in various Department / Centres of Jamia Millia Islamia for the academic year 2018-2019. The Candidates who have qualified the P.hD/M.Phil Admission test held on 08 April 2018 and interested to be considered for admission has to apply afresh for winter session 2018. The schedule of combined admission test for M.Phil/Ph.D. programme is given below:
|Availability of Online Application Form||29 Nov 2018|
|Last date for submission of Online Application Form||14 Dec 2018|
|Editing of Online Application Form||15 – 17 Dec 2018|
|Last Date For Submission of Hard copy of Online Application Form in the concerned Deptt./Centres||17-21 Dec 2018|
|Display of board research proposal by candidates in the concerned department /centre||24 Dec 2018|
|commencement of interview to defend the research proposal in the concerned Deptt./ Centres/ Faculty||16-22 Jan 2019|
|Display of the list of selected candidates on jamia website and the concerned Deptt./ Centres/ Faculty||23-29 Jan 2019|
|Submission of required document (in original) by the selected candidates in the Dean’s /Director’s office
Issue offer letters by the office of the faculty / Director of the centre to the selected candidates
|04 Feb 2019|
|issue of fee slip by the office of Dean of Faculty / Director of Centre Concerned||05-06 Feb 2019|
|last date of submission of fee||07-08 Feb 2019|
|Issue of the Letter of Admission||11 Feb 2019|
Notice Regarding Admission schedule
Jamia Millia Islamia University has released the notice regarding admission schedule of Ph.D courses in various department. The same has also been provided below. The student who have filled the application and complete all the formalities can check notice regarding schedule from below links.
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) Department of Physics
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Even Semeter) in Department of Computer Science
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) Centre for European and Latin American Studies
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) in Department of Persian
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) Sarojini Naidu Centre for Women’s Studies
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) Department of Electronics and communication
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) Department of History and Culture
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) Department of Arabic
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Admission schedule of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) Department of Management
- Click here to check the Notice Regarding Interview of Ph.D (Winter session-Exempetd) Department of Mathematics
- Click here to check the Admission Schedule of Department of Adult & Continuing Education and Extension in Ph.D (Exempted) winter session 2018-19
- Click here to check the Notices Regarding Admission in B.Voc. Solar Energy Course 2018
- Click here to check the Admission Schedule of Department of NanoTechnology & Nano Science in Ph.D (Exempted) winter session 2018-19
- Click here to check the Admission Schedule of Center For North East Studies and Policy Research in Ph.D (Exempted) winter session 2018-19
- Click here to check the Revised Admission Schedule for Ph.D in NMCPR English (Exempted) winter session 2018-19
- Click here to check the Admission Schedule for Ph.D English (Exempted) winter session 2018-19
- Click here to check the Schedule for Ph.D in Biotechnology
- Click here to check the Schedule for Ph.D in Center for Interdisciplinary research
- Click here to check the Schedule for Ph.D Admission in hindi
- Click here to check the Schedule for Ph.D Admission in Center for MMAJ.
- Click here to check the Schedule for Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 (Department of Bio-Sciense)
- Click here to check the Schedule for Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 (Department of Political Sciense).
Courses Offered by JMI
Jamia Millia Islamia offers the following Degrees, Diploma, and Certificates. Information regarding programs, prescribed eligibility conditions, date and time of entrance test and declaration of results given below on this page.
Admission to B.Tech/B.Arch. program of JMI
Admission to B.Tech./B.Arch. (2018-19) program of Jamia Millia Islamia will be based on JEE Main 2018 Rank. The exam is conducted by CBSE and you can Click here for more details on it.
Admission to B.D.S. program of JMI
Admission in B.D.S course, offered by Jamia Millia University, will be granted on the basis of NEET 2018. National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test is also conducted by CBSE and is used to fill 100 percent ug medical and dental seats. Check more details about NEET from here.
Other Academic Programs Offered by JMI
Admission in Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi is offered at the following faculties.
- Faculty of Humanities and Languages,
- Faculty of Social Sciences,
- Faculty of Natural Sciences,
- Faculty of Education,
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology,
- Faculty of Law,
- Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics,
- Faculty of Fine Arts,
- Faculty of Dentistry.
To appear in the JMI entrance exam 2018 for admission the candidate must read the detailed prospectus carefully and determine that one is eligible for the particular course. The eligibility criteria for JMI admission 2018 shall be given for each course and candidate must check the same before filling up the JMI 2018 application form.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Application Forms 2018
To appear in the entrance exams, eligible candidates must fill up the application forms issued by Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi. JMI application form 2018 are provided online but the candidates need to ensure the eligibility criteria before applying.
Points to keep in mind while filling up the forms are as follows.
- Forms should be completely filled and date entered should be correct and verifiable.
- Application form where the candidate’s photographs do not match the specifications as set out by JMI may be rejected.
- Candidate must not submit more than one application form for the same program.
Admit Card will available on the official website i.e. www.jmicoe.in and print out the same. After printing the Admit Card, a candidate is required to paste his/herself-attested passport-size recent coloured photograph in the space provided. Candidate should follow the printed instructions on admit card.
All candidates seeking admission to various programs are required to appear in the Entrance Test(s) which in certain cases may be followed by other components such as interview etc. in accordance with the admission schedule given in Information Brochure given below.
Entrance Test Syllabi – The syllabi for Entrance Tests along with the structure of the question paper and other necessary details including marks breakup, important instructions etc. can be downloaded from the Jamia’s website www.jmi.ac.in/entrancetestsyllabi.
Entrance Test Centres
Candidate while filling the form online, may choose any one of the following 7-Entrance Test Centres:
Entrance Test Results
The University will prepare the merit list of candidates in various programs based on the provisions made in the University Ordinances and in accordance with various applicable reservations and relaxations. The lists of provisionally selected candidates as well as of those on the waiting list, for admission, will be displayed on the Jamia’s website www.jmicoe.in. No intimation to the candidates will be sent by post.
- Admission of eligible candidates to all Programs offered by various faculties and Centres of Jamia Millia Islamia shall be done through merit determined on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by JMI (Except B.Tech, B.Arch, BDS), and wherever applicable, followed by an interview and/or other components. For B.Tech, B.Arch, BDS admission is offered to eligible candidates as per merit on the basis of Rank of the candidate in JEE Main and NEET.
- Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the Entrance Test, wherever applicable, will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
- The absence of a candidate in any component of the Entrance Test including Written Test, Group Discussion, Interview, as the case may be, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission in the said Program.
- No application/request from candidates for rechecking/re-evaluation of Answer Scripts of an Entrance Test shall be entertained.
- The number of seats mentioned in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs is only indicative of the maximum intake capacity of each Program and does not bind the University to admit the number of students specified. The number of students finally admitted shall depend on the minimum benchmark of Program in the Entrance Test/Interview etc
- No candidate shall be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right.
- There is no provision of nomination on any seat by any authority of Jamia and no application/request shall be entertained in this regard.
Candidates can check fee structure for various courses in Jamia Milia Islamia University given below.
Official Website: www.jmi.ac.in.
For more details about JMI Admission 2018, download prospectus.