JMI Admissions 2020 covers various UG, PG and other courses in the Jamia Millia Islamia University. Jamia Millia Islamia University Admission shall be done either on the basis of JMI Entrance Tests or other Entrance Tests like JEE Main, NEET wherever applicable. Application form for B.Tech/ B.Arch and various UG/PG courses has been released. JMI Admission 2020 refers to everything including application form submission, the conduct of entrance exam and interviews, declaration of results. Get here complete details of JMI Admission 2020 such as Jamia Millia Islamia University application form, obtaining admit cards, exam pattern, results.
Latest: Jamia Millia Islamia University has released the admission notice & Eligibility Criteria 2019 for Bachelor of Vocational (B.Voc.) in Solar Energy (Self Finance Mode), check notice.
Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) Admission 2020
The admission notification has been issued by JMI for admission in academic session 2020-21 will be released separately for each course. The candidates can check all the important dates and keep track of the events from the table below.
Important Dates For B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.D.S Admission
|JMI Courses||Last Date to Apply||Exam Date|
|B.Tech and B.Arch||3rd week of Apr 2020||On the basis of JEE Main 2020|
|B.D.S||To be announced||On the basis of NEET 2020|
- Important Dates For JMI Entrance Exam
|Availability of Online Admission Forms||2nd Week of Mar 2020|
|Availability of Online Admission Forms
For B.Tech and B.Arch Programmes
|2nd week of Feb 2020|
|Availability of Online Admission Forms
For M.Phil/PhD Programmes
|2nd Week of Mar 2020|
|Forms Open for Editing
– For All Programmes Including M.Phil/PhD
– Except B.Tech & B.Arch Programmes
|2nd Week of Apr 2020|
|Forms Open for Editing
-For B.Tech and B.Arch Programmes
|3rd Week of Mar 2020|
|Issue of Admit Cards
(All Programmes except M.Phil/PhD)
|2nd week of May 2020|
|Issue of Admit Cards (For M.Phil/PhD)||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Last date for submitting Qualifying Exam
|Academic Session Starts|
|Continuing Semester/Annual Classes||July 2020|
|First Semester/Ist Year Classes||Aug 2020|
Other JMI Admissions
M.Phil / Ph.D. Admissions 2020
Jamia Millia Islamia University has offered admission to M.Phil/Ph.D. programmes in various Department / Centres of Jamia Millia Islamia for the academic year 2020-21. Candidates who have qualified the P.hD/M.Phil Admission test held in the first week of April 2020 and interested to be considered for admission has to apply afresh for winter session 2020. The schedule of combined admission test for M.Phil/Ph.D. programme is given below:
|Availability of Online Application Forms||2nd wee of Mar 2020|
|Last date of submission of Online Application form||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Editing of Online application form||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Last date For Submission of Hard copy of Online
application form to the concern Deptt/Centre
|4th week of Jun 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Date of Admission Test||2nd week of Jul 2020|
Courses Offered at JMI
Jamia Millia Islamia offers the following Degrees, Diploma, and Certificates. Information regarding programs, prescribed eligibility conditions, date and time of entrance test and declaration of results given below on this page.
Admission to B.Tech/B.Arch. program of JMI
Admission to B.Tech./B.Arch. program of Jamia Millia Islamia will be based on JEE Main Rank. The exam is conducted by NTA and you can Click here for more details on it.
Admission to B.D.S. program of JMI
Admission in B.D.S course, offered by Jamia Millia University, will be granted on the basis of NEET. National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test is also conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) and is used to fill 100 percent ug medical and dental seats. Check more details about NEET from here.
To appear in the JMI entrance exam 2020 for admission the candidate must read the detailed prospectus carefully and determine that one is eligible for the particular course. The eligibility criteria for JMI admission 2020 shall be given for each course and candidate must check the same before filling up the JMI 2020 application form.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Application Forms 2020
To appear in the entrance exams, eligible candidates must fill up the application forms issued by Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi. JMI application form 2020 are provided online but the candidates need to ensure the eligibility criteria before applying.
Points to keep in mind while filling up the forms are as follows.
- Forms should be completely filled and date entered should be correct and verifiable.
- Application form where the candidate’s photographs do not match the specifications as set out by JMI may be rejected.
- Candidate must not submit more than one application form for the same program.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Admit Card 2020
Admit Card will available on the official website i.e. www.jmicoe.in and print out the same. After printing the Admit Card, a candidate is required to paste his/herself-attested passport-size recent colored photograph in the space provided. Candidate should follow the printed instructions on the admit card.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Entrance Test 2020
All candidates seeking admission to various programs are required to appear in the Entrance Test(s) which in certain cases may be followed by other components such as interview etc. in accordance with the admission schedule given in Information Brochure given below.
Entrance Test Syllabi – The syllabi for Entrance Tests along with the structure of the question paper and other necessary details including marks breakup, important instructions etc. can be downloaded from the Jamia’s website www.jmi.ac.in/entrancetestsyllabi.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Entrance Test Results
The University will prepare the merit list of candidates in various programs based on the provisions made in the University Ordinances and in accordance with various applicable reservations and relaxations. The lists of provisionally selected candidates as well as of those on the waiting list, for admission, will be displayed on the Jamia’s website www.jmicoe.in. No intimation to the candidates will be sent by post.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) General Guidelines
- Admission of eligible candidates to all Programs offered by various faculties and Centres of Jamia Millia Islamia shall be done through merit determined on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by JMI (Except B.Tech, B.Arch, BDS), and wherever applicable, followed by an interview and/or other components. For B.Tech, B.Arch, BDS admission is offered to eligible candidates as per merit on the basis of Rank of the candidate in JEE Main and NEET.
- Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the Entrance Test, wherever applicable, will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
- The absence of a candidate in any component of the Entrance Test including Written Test, Group Discussion, Interview, as the case may be, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission in the said Program.
- No application/request from candidates for rechecking/re-evaluation of Answer Scripts of an Entrance Test shall be entertained.
- The number of seats mentioned in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs is only indicative of the maximum intake capacity of each Program and does not bind the University to admit the number of students specified. The number of students finally admitted shall depend on the minimum benchmark of Program in the Entrance Test/Interview etc
- No candidate shall be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right.
- There is no provision of nomination on any seat by any authority of Jamia and no application/request shall be entertained in this regard.
Official Website: www.jmi.ac.in.
For more details about JMI Admission 2020, download 2019 prospectus.