DU Admission 2020 – University of Delhi or as it is popularly known as DU offers admission in 90 colleges, 87 departments, and in more than 500 UG, PG, M.Phil / Ph.D programmes. Candidates are offered admission in DU in two ways, first is by merit, i.e. on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying exam and then other is by DU entrance test (DUET) which is now conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). DUET 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on June 02-09, 2020 for various UG and PG courses. Candidates can apply for DU admission 2020 online at du.ac.in. You can check more details on admission criteria, application form form, eligibility, schedule, entrance exam and more from this page.
Latest: NTA has released the schedule for DUET 2020, check here.
DU Admission 2020
There are only two modes by which a candidate can apply for admission in the Delhi University. There is no management quota for admission in DU. Candidates can check the DU 2020 admission schedule from the table below.
|DU Admission 2020||UG||PG||M.Phil/ Ph. D|
|Notification for DU 2020 admission releases on||04th week of May 2020||04th week of May 2020||04th week of May 2020|
|DU 2020 application form for merit based admission releases on||04th week of May 2020||01st week of Jun 2020||01st week of Jun 2020|
|Last date to submit the DU application form||03rd week of Jun 2020||03rd week of Jun 2020||03rd week of Jun 2020|
|DU 2020 entrance based application form releases on||02 Mar 2020||02 Mar 2020||02 Mar 2020|
|Last date to submit DUET 2020 application form||31 Mar 2020||31 Mar 2020||31 Mar 2020|
|Issuance of DUET 2020 admit card||30 Apr 2020||30 Apr 2020||30 Apr 2020|
|DUET 2020 exam date||02-09 Jun 2020||02-09 Jun 2020||02-09 Jun 2020|
|Declaration of DUET 2020 result||25 Jun 2020||25 Jun 2020||25 Jun 2020|
|Release of DU merit based cut off||04th week of Jun 2020||04th week of Jun 2020||04th week of Jun 2020|
DU Admission Process 2020
The admission process in DU is categorized into two ways, which are:
- Merit based
- Entrance exam – DUET
DU UG Admission Process
DU UG Merit-based admission process – Candidates can check below the complete process for admission in UG merit based courses.
- Firstly, candidates have to register online at DU UG admission portal, fill in necessary information in the DU application form, and pay the required amount of the application fee.
- After the application process is over, DU releases the cut off for UG merit-based courses at its official website and on their respective notice board.
- Those who meet the cut off have to then login to the UG admission portal and select the college/ programme.
- After this, students have to report at the selected college along with the admission form and other necessary documents in proof of fulfillment of admission requirement.
- Once the verification process is done at the respective college, candidates have to pay the admission fee and then they are finally selected for admission.
DU UG Entrance-based admission process – Selection of candidates who apply for courses which comes under DUET is done on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. A merit list is prepared and those whose name is included in the merit list have to then fill the admission form by logging in at the DU admission portal. After this, verification of documents and the shortlisted candidates need to pay the course fees to secure their seat.
DU PG Admission Process
Admission in Postgraduate courses in DU is done on the basis of merit and entrance exam. Candidates can check the detailed admission process below.
- Merit or Direct: DU offers admission in a total of 50% of the total intake on the basis of merit. Candidates should note that merit-based option is open only for the applicants who have eligible Bachelor Degree from the University of Delhi (DU).
- Entrance Exam: Whereas, admission in the remaining 50% seats for DU PG admission is done through entrance examination followed by Interview/Group Discussion if any.
DU Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before proceed to apply for DU admission. Here, we have provided the eligibility criteria for all UG, PG, MPhil and PhD programmes.
DU Eligibility Criteria for UG courses
- Students must have passed 10+2 exam from a recognized board.
- There is no minimum age limit to apply for admission in UG courses.
DU Eligibility criteria for PG courses
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in the respective discipline fir which a candidate wish to apply for.
- There is no minimum age requirement to apply for PG admission.
DU Eligibility criteria for MPhil/ PhD courses
- For admission in MPhil programme, candidates must have a MA degree in the respective discipline for which they wish to apply for and should have secured minimum 55% marks in the degree exam.
- For admission in PhD programme, candidates must have completed completed MA or MPhil in the respective discipline by obtaining 55% marks.
Courses Offered in Delhi University
Candidates are offered admission in various UG, PG, MPhil and PhD programmes in various DU campuses. The range of faculties under DU expands to Arts, Commerce and Business Studies, Education, Law, Management Studies, Mathematical Sciences, Medical Sciences, Music and Fine Arts, Science, Social Sciences, Technology and Open Learning. Candidates can check the list of courses offered from below.
DU UG Merit-based admission courses – In the following mentioned courses, admission is offered on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying examination.
|Faculty of Arts||B.A. Prog., B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic, Bengali, English, French, German, Italian, Hindi, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Applied Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Spanish, and Urdu.|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||B.A. (Hons.) in Economics, Geography, History, Political Sciences, Social Work, and Sociology.|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities||B.A. (Hons.) in Hindi Patrakarita, Journalism, B.Voc. in Health Care Management, Retail Management & IT, Web Designing, Printing Technology, Banking Operations, Software Development, Advanced Diploma in TV Programme & News Production.|
|Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies||B.Com, B.Com'(Hons)|
|Faculty of Mathematical Sciences||B.Sc. in Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science|
|Faculty of Sciences/ Inter-Disciplinary and Applied Sciences||B.Sc.(Hons.) in Anthropology, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Medical Science, Biological Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, Food Technology, Geology, Home Science, Instrumentation, Microbiology, Physics, Polymer Sciences, Zoology.|
B.Sc. Applied Physical Sciences (Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry), Applied Physical Sciences (Industrial Chemistry), Applied Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Bachelor of Science (Pass) – Home Science
DU UG Entrance exam based courses – In the following mentioned courses, candidates are offered admission through Delhi University entrance test (DUET) only.
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities||BA (Honours) Business Economics|
BBA (Financial Investment Analysis)
|Cluster Innovation Centre||BTech. (IT and Mathematical Innovations)|
BA (Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences
|Faculty of Education||Bachelors of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||5 Yr Integrated Journalism Course in Delhi School of Journalism|
|Faculty of Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences||B.Sc (Physical Education, Health Education & Sports)|
|Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities||BA (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism [5YIPJ]|
|Music and Fine Arts||BA (Honours) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor)|
BA (Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
BA (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
Note: Admission in covered under Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities earlier were done by DU Joint Admission Test (JAT), for BTech was done by DU Clusture Innovation Centre. However, these are now covered under DUET.
DU postgraduate courses – Candidates are offered admission in the following PG courses in Delhi University.
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)||LL.B.|
|LL.M.||M.A. (Hindustani Music) Vocal/Instrumental|
|M.A. (Karnataka Music) Vocal/Instrumental||M.A. Applied Psychology|
|M.A. Arabic||M.A. Bengali|
|M.A. Buddhist Studies||M.A. Comparative Indian Literature|
|M.A. East Asian Studies||M.A. Economics|
|M.A. English||M.A. French|
|M.A. Geography||M.A. German|
|M.A. Hindi||M.A. Hispanic|
|M.A. History||M.A. Italian|
|M.A. Japanese||M.A. Life Long Learning & Extension|
|M.A. Linguistics||M.A. Persian|
|M.A. Philosophy||M.A. Political Science|
|M.A. Psychology||M.A. Punjabi|
|M.A. Russian Studies||M.A. Sanskrit|
|M.A. Social Work||M.A. Sociology|
|M.A. Tamil||M.A. Urdu|
|M.A./ M.Sc. Environmental Studies||M.A./M.Sc. Mathematics|
|MBA (IB)||MBA (HRD)|
|M.Sc. Bio-Chemistry||M.Sc. Biomedical Sciences|
|M.Sc. Botany||M.Sc. Chemistry|
|M.Sc. Computer Science||M.Sc. Development Communication & Extension|
|M.Sc. Electronics||M.Sc. Fabric & Apparel Science|
|M.Sc. Food & Nutrition||M.Sc. Genetics|
|M.Sc. Geology||M.Sc. Human Development & Childhood Studies|
|M.Sc. Informatics||M.Sc. Microbiology|
|M.Sc. Operational Research and M.A./M.Sc. Applied Operational Research||M.Sc. Ph.D. Combined Degree (BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH, ACBR)|
|M.Sc. Physics||M.Sc. Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology|
|M.Sc. Resource Management & Design Application||M.Sc. Zoology|
|M.Tech Microwave Electronics||M.Tech. Chemical Synthesis and Process Technologies|
|M.Tech. Nanoscience & Nanotechnology||M.Tech. Nuclear Science & Technology|
|Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc)||Master of Education (M.Ed.) (Full-Time and Part-Time)|
|Master of Physical Education||Masters of Mathematics Education (Meta University Course)|
DU Ph.D courses – Candidates are offered admission in the following DU Ph.D courses from the table below.
|Ph. D. African Studies||Ph. D. Plant Molecular Biology|
|Adult Continuing Education & Extension||Anthropology|
|Computer Science||Development Communication & Extension|
|Fabric & Apparel Science||Food & Nutrition|
|Home Science||Human Development & Childhood Studies|
|Italian||Library Information Science|
|Punjabi||Resource Management & Design Application|
DU MPhil courses – Candidates are offered admission in the following DU MPhil courses from the table below.
|Biotechnology (Interdisciplinary Course)||Botany|
|Buddhist Studies||Bulgarian Language|
|M.Phil Comparative Indian Literarture||Italian|
|Library Information Science||Linguistics|
DU Application Form 2020
The application form for DU admission 2020 shall release separately for merit based and entrance exam based admission. DU admission form is released by online mode only as per the admission schedule. No offline form is released for the candidates. You have to first register for the exam by providing your basic information and then proceed to fill in details in the DU application form. Candidates should note that there shall be no provision to edit / update / modify details in the DU form after making the payment.
DU application fee: It is expected that the application fee for DU admission 2020 shall remain same as last year which is as follows:
|Category||UG Courses||PG Courses||Mphil/PhD Courses|
|UR/OBC||Rs. 250||Rs. 750||Rs. 500|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 100||Rs. 300||Rs. 250/|
|Sports (Each Category)||Rs. 100||–||–|
|ECA (Each Category)||Rs. 100||–||–|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the above-given amount of the application fee by online mode through credit / debit card / net banking.
DU Entrance Exam Centres 2020
In the DU entrance exam application form, candidates need to select the test city as per their preference. Last year, NTA conducted the DU entrance exam at 18 test cities spread across India. Check the list of DU entrance exam centres from the table below.
|Delhi (NCR) – Delhi, Gurugram, Faridabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad||Patna|
DUET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check here the exam pattern for the entrance exam based courses. It is important that the candidates must be well-familiar with the distribution of questions, marking scheme, etc of the entrance exam.
- Mode of the exam – DUET is a computer-based test
- Duration of the exam – The entrance exam is of 02 hours duration
- Type of questions – The test consist of objective type multiple choice questions
- Marking scheme – For a correct answer you will get 04 marks and 01 marks are deducted for an incorrect answer
Candidates can check the distribution of question in each section from the table below.
DU UG exam pattern
|Course||Number of questions||Topics to cover|
|BA Hons Social Sciences and Humanities |
Business Economics, Bachelor of Management Studies
Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
Reasoning and Analytical ability
Business and general awareness
|Comprehension in English and Hindi|
|LLB||100||English Language & Comprehension|
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
Reasoning & Analytical Abilities
Legal Awareness & Aptitude
|Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports (B.Sc.[PE,HE&S])||100||Planning in Sports|
Sports & Nutrition
Yoga & Lifestyle
Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs – Divyang)
Women & SportsTest & Measurement in Sports
Physiology & Sport
Kinesiology, Biomechanics & Sports
Psychology & Sports
General Knowledge (National & International)
Training in Sports
General Knowledge (National & International)
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Multimedia and Mass Communication|
Five Year Integrated Course in Journalism
English Comprehension and Grammatical and Analytical Skills
DU PG exam pattern – For PG entrance exam, there will be 100 number of MCQ type questions.
DU Entrance Exam Syllabus 2020
The University of Delhi releases the entrance exam syllabus for various courses at its official website. It is released as pdf format and consist of important topics which one should use to prepare for the entrance exam. Candidates can check the syllabus for DUET using the links provided below.
DUET UG Syllabus
DUET PG Syllabus
- Click here to check the syllabus of Department of East Asian Studies Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A/M.Sc for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the Syllabus for M.A Hindi for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.Sc. (Mathematics Education) for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of M.A programme for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A programme for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of B.A (Hons) for Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus of L.L.M, L.L.B, Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the Syllabus of M. Phil/Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- Click here to check the syllabus for MA Punjabi entrance exam
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Mathematics Education entrance exam
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc Biochemistry entrance exam
DUET MPhil/ PhD Syllabus
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Modern Indian Languages
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Political Science
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Faculty of Law – Ph.D. Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Philosophy
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Environmental Studies – Ph.D. Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Punjabi
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Operational Research – M.Phil Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Operational Research – Ph.D. Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Biochemistry – Ph.D. Programme
- Click Here to check the syllabus for Department of Adult Continuing Education & Extension
- Click Here to check the syllabus for the Department of Financial Studies – Ph.D. Programme
DU Admit Card 2020
The conducting body, i.e NTA generates the admit card for DU entrance exam for only those candidates who successfully register for the entrance exam. It is released by online mode only and no hard copy of it is sent to the candidates via post or by email. To download DU admit card 2020, candidates have to log in by entering their form number and date of birth. The admit card contains information of the candidates as well as exam details. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry a hard copy of DUET admit card, one passport size photo, a valid id proof, and a PwD certificate, if applicable.
DU Result 2020
The DU result 2020 for entrance exam is released online by NTA at its official website. To check the individual DUET result, candidates have to log in by entering their form number and date of birth. The entrance exam result is prepared by the method of normalization. However, for admission in merit-based courses, DU cut off is released. The cut off for DU UG courses is released online at DU campus websites and is also uploaded on their notice board as well. It is released for Arts, Science and Commerce stream. Furthermore, the result for DU PG admission is released in the form of admission list in separately for merit based and entrance based courses.
About Delhi University
The University of Delhi or DU is one of the premier university of the country. It is best known for its highest academic standards, diverse educational programs, distinguished faculty, illustrious alumni, varied co-curricular activities and modern infrastructure. Over many years, the university has developed the highest global standards and best practices in higher education. Delhi University was founded in 1922 by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly. There are 77 affiliated colleges and 5 other institutes with an enrollment of over 132,000 regular students and 261,000 non-formal students.