IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam is being held for admission to Indira Gandhi National Open University. Complete details of IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam and admission has been announced. Admission is only on basis of marks obtained in entrance exam. Interested and eligible candidates can submit application form of IGNOU B.Ed . Then they can download admit card from ignou.ac.in before exam. It will be a pen and paper based exam with objective type questions. On basis of performance in exam, IGNOU B.Ed Result will be announced. Get here complete details of IGNOU B.Ed including dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, application form, admit card, result.
Minimum duration of programme: 2 years
Maximum duration of programme: 5 years
Age, no bar.
Candidates must go through IGNOU B.Ed prospectus. It contains details of programme and programme fee. Candidates are requested to note the important dates of exam and last date to apply.
|IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Test||27 Jul 2019|
IGNOU B.Ed Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to have
- At least 50% in Bachelors degree and / or Masters degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Commerce / Humanity. Bachelor in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates will need to fulfill following eligibility condition for B.Ed ODL
- Elementary education trained in-service teacher.
- Completed NCTE recognized teacher education programme in face-to-face mode.
- 5% relaxation in marks and reservation for SC / ST / OBC / PWD.
Books recommended for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam
|IGNOU B ED Entrance Exam with Solved Paper||Buy Online|
|IGNOU B ED Entrance Exam with Solved Paper (in Hindi)||Buy Online|
|IGNOU 15 Practice Sets for B.Ed Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|IGNOU 15 Practice Sets for B.Ed Entrance Exam (in Hindi)||Buy Online|
|IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide||Buy Online|
IGNOU B.Ed Application Form
Entrance Test cum Admission Form is released in prospectus of IGNOU B.Ed .
Instructions for IGNOU B.Ed Application Form for entrance test and admission.
- Attach attested documents with filled in form and submit to Regional Centre.
- Wherever code has to be mentioned for any field, refer that from prospectus and fill it.
- There will be no changes made to category after submission of form.
- Address must be complete and correct. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will correspond with you at given address. If address changes, notify that at regional centre.
- Keep a photocopy of form for future reference.
IGNOU B.Ed Hall Ticket
Enrolment number is issued in hall ticket. Candidates who will have submitted application form in correct mode, on time, can download admit card of IGNOU B.Ed . This will be issued a few days or weeks before exam and will only be available online. Official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) hosts / uploads entrance exam admit card. Through it, candidates will also know exam center and instructions.
- Original hall ticket is also required at time of admission counselling so keep it safely.
- Do not carry calculators, slide rules, foot rules, notebooks, notes to exam hall.
- Reach on time to exam centre and maintain discipline there.
IGNOU B.Ed Exam Pattern
There will be two parts in question paper / exam: Part A and Part B.
Total number of questions in it will be 100.
Composite duration of exam is 2 hours.
|Part||Aspects||Number of questions||Marks|
|Section I||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Educational and General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV||Teaching-Learning and the School||25||25|
|Part B||Subject competence (any one)||20||20|
|Section V||Science / Mathematics / Social studies / English / Hindi|
Only subject has to be attempted from Part B.
Part B is based on class 9 / 10 curriculum prescribed by NCERT / CBSE.
IGNOU has mentioned:
“The number of questions in each section is indicative of general scope and design of the question paper. However, the actual question paper might some-what vary in its contents, their distribution and their level of difficulty.”
IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus
To prepare for exam, knowing its syllabus is important. In this regard IGNOU does not clearly outline syllabus for IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam. However, a helpful set of sample questions is given in information brochure. From sample questions, we can derive a general syllabus that can be studied.
Section I – General English Comprehension
- Reading comprehension; where questions can be on tenses, sentence types, meaning and inferences, verbs.
Section II – Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Coding and decoding
- Calculations / algebra
- Word problems
- Word relations
Section III – Educational and General Awareness
- Social / economics sciences
- General knowledge on India
- Health and wellness
- Education in India
Section IV – Teaching Learning and the School
- Knowledge on schools and their purpose
- Learning processes
- Education acts
- Child development and psychology
- Classroom teaching
Section V – Science / Mathematics / Social Studies / English / Hindi
- Classes 9 and 10 standard syllabus of CBSE and NCERT on chosen subject.
IGNOU B.Ed Result
Marks in exam are calculated as per marking scheme: One (1) mark for correct answer. There may be negative marking for wrong answer. Performance in IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Examination displays in IGNOU B.Ed Result. Whether one has qualified or not, that status displays in result. Check result online at ignou.ac.in as per announcement.
SED Division, IGNOU, Delhi will dispatch result card to test takers. On not receiving result card, Regional Director of IGNOU of that region must be approached. If status is qualified in result card, then payment of program fee needs to be done. Qualifying standards are as fixed by Indira Gandhi National Open University.