IIMC 2018 Result has been declared after the written test was conducted on the scheduled dates. Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) has declared the exam result for the 2018 session on the official website i.e at iimc.gov.in The result has been announced after conducting the written test in more than a dozen cities located across India. The Result of IIMC is uploaded as pdf file known as merit list.
The pdf file contains Candidate’s name and Roll Number. The list contains the names and roll numbers of only those who will be shortlisted for Interview round. Also, you will get additional information in the notification related to tuition fee and the payment modes accepted by IIMC.
IIMC 2018 Result
The result announcement is done in two stages. The first result is announced for the candidates appearing in written test and the second result will be announced after candidate undergo interview. The result is designated as final selection. It will be mandatory for everyone to appear for the interview whenever the dates are assigned to each candidate alloted in groups. To obtain the result of your written test, please follow the steps.
IIMC 2018 Result Important Dates
|Entrance Examination for Odia/Urdu/Marathi/ Malayalam Journalism||26 May 2018
(9 am to 11 am)
|Entrance Examination for PG Diploma Course in Journalism Hindi/ English, Radio & TV Journalism and Advertising & Public Relations||27 May 2018|
|Entrance Examination result announcement|
|Interview dates for Odia/Urdu/Marathi and Malayalam Journalism||29 Jun 2018 – Odia
13 Jul 2018 – Malayalam
14 Jul 2018 – Marathi
16 Jul 2018 – Urdu
|GD/Interview for the following PG Diploma Courses||02 to 07 Jul 2018 – English Journalism
03 to 06 Jul 2018 – Hindi Journalism and Advertising & PR
04 to 06 Jul 2018 – Radio & TV Journalism
|Announcement of final selection||02nd or 03rd week of July 2018|
|Last date to deposit first instalment of fee||03rd week of July 2018|
|Last date to submit original documents||31 Aug 2018|
|Academic Session begins||Last week of July or 1st week of August 2018|
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for English Journalism (Dhenkanal)
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for English Journalism (Kottayam)
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for English Journalism (Jammu)
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for English Journalism (Aizwal)
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for English Journalism (Amravati)
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for Advertising & Public Relations of NRI Candidates.
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for Advertising & Public Relations.
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for English Journalism (New Delhi)
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for Hindi Journalism.
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for Radio & TV Journalism.
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for Odia Journalism.
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for Malayalam Journalism.
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for Marathi Journalism.
- Click here to check IIMC 2018 Result for Urdu Journalism.
Official Website: www.iimc.nic.in.
Steps to check the result
- Open the official website of IIMC at iimc.gov.in
- Click on the link Entrance exam result under News and Announcement category.
- Select the applied PG Course.
- Download the pdf file
- Take the print out of the IIMC 2018 Entrance Exam result.
Result has been declared for all the PG diploma courses after the result is declared candidates need to appear for the counselling process. A notice regarding counselling has been issued for the candidates selected for Delhi campus, this notice contains dates and time for reporting for the campus.
Counselling: Click here to check important information regarding counselling and registration for Delhi campus.
Interview after written test result announcement
After the declaration of the written entrance exam result, IIMC shall probably conduct an interview and GD (Group Discussion) Session for the candidates selected. The list indicating names of selected candidates will be uploaded on the official website. Further, the first admission list of IIMC for the session 2018-19 will be out.
Candidates who finally get through the interview their names appear in the merit list on the basis of combined rank obtained in the written examination and performance in Interview and Group Discussion. The final step is to complete the admission formalities which begins by visiting the institute and sufficing documents and paying the course fee.
Paying Course Fee
|Course||Tuition Fee||Tuition Fee for NRI Category|
|Journalism (Hindi) Journalism (English)||Rs. 79,000||US $ 8,000|
|Radio & Television Journalism||Rs. 1,45,000||US $ 12,000|
|Advertising and PR||Rs. 1,12,000||US $ 12,000|
|Journalism (Odia)||Rs. 43,000||–|
|Journalism (Urdu)||Rs. 43,000||–|
|Journalism (Marathi)||Rs. 43,000||–|
|Journalism (Malayalam)||Rs. 43,000||–|
Placements at IIMC
After surveying various discussion forums, we came across the following information. There are more than 50 companies that accepts IIMC passouts. These companies range from newspaper journals to entertainment driven cartels. But still since a huge number of candidate participate in the programmes and obtain their degree, the placement is never guaranteed to any individual. But IIMC placements rules tries to ensure that the deserving candidate does get the placement. Let us look at some good factors of IIMC placement policies:
- Every year there are plenty of reputed companies coming for placement hiring including some top charters like- HT, ET, TOI, TIL, India Today etc.
- To ensure that maximum students get placed, there is a rule that a student who gets placed with a company is not allowed to give interview for another company.
- The placements last till 15 days and IIMC is the only media institute in India having a placement drive this long. At times the placements continue even after 15 days.
- If money is your focus then you may even land up with a 10–12 lakhs package which is good for a media fresher.
What does the report say?
The IIMC placement report of the last batch stood as
|Total offers||Batch strength||Students appeared for the process||Students opted out||Average monthly stipend|
As the analysis provided by officials, the average work experience of the batch was 17.5 months, with 27% of students having no work experience at all. Students who have experience in varied sectors, with IT/ITES topped the list at 22%, followed by Manufacturing and Engineering with 17%. A major chunk of students i.e. 29% were from the IITs, followed by other prestigious institutes like NITs (16%), NSIT & DCE(9%), BITS(5%) etc.
The data was further broken in sector wise placements offered to candidates. While, the highest range of candidates were hired in Consulting sector i.e 22%, Information Technology lagged far behind ending upto only 02% hiring. The other sectors showed moderately decent hiring.
IIMC Final Result 2017
IIMC Entrance Exam Result 2017
Final Result of IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 has been declared by the Indian Institute of Mass Communication. Candidates who have successfully appeared in IIMC Entrance Exam 2017 can check their result here as per official announcement.
Get here IIMC Final Result 2017
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Hindi Journalism
- Radio & T.V Journalism
- English Journalism (New Delhi)
- English Journalism (Dhenkanal)
- English Journalism (Aizawl)
- English Journalism (Amravati)
- English Journalism (Jammu)
- English Journalism (Kottayam)
- Journalism Urdu
Ranking of candidates who appear in IIMC Examination 2017 is based on the marks obtained. Indian Institute of Mass Communication prepares a shortlist for each course (as per merit obtained); there is also a separate shortlist for reserved seats. Only shortlisted candidates can appear for interview and group discussion after this.
Check Interview Schedule here:
List Of Candidates Selected for Admission to Various Programmes has been published by Indian Institute of Mass Communication. Selected Candidates 1st Instalment of Tution Fee before the Last Date
- Second list of PG Diploma Courses – Click Here
- First list of PG Diploma Course in Urdu Journalism – Click Here
- List of shifting candidates of English Journalism – Click Here