Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 – District Institute of Education and Training, Government of Meghalaya releases the official notification for admission through D.El.Ed entrance test. Admission opens for Pre Service candidates to the two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (DIET). Applications are invited from candidates who are citizens of India and have obtained 50% marks in 10+2. As per the selection process candidates need to appear in the entrance test conducted by Meghalaya D.El.Ed. Shortlisted candidates are then inivited to appear in the counselling process. To know more about Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 scroll down the article.
Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020
Admissions are conducted for candidates aspring to become teachers at Elementary Level for admission to the two-year D.El.Ed course for the academic session 2020-21. Aspirants must stay updated with the expected schedule for Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 from the table provided below.
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Forms can be collected from DIETs on||5th week of Mar 2020|
|Last Date of submission of Application||4th week of Apr 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||to be announced!|
|Declaration of Result||to be announced!|
|Counselling||to be announced!|
Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria plays a crucial role in the admission process. Hence, it is highly suggested for candidates to go through the criteria before applying for the Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020. Candidates who fail to satisfy any of the eligibility norms laid down by the conducting body is disqualified from the examination. Hence, the candidate must fulfill all the qualifications required. The following are the eligibility criteria as per last year’s details.
- Class 12th Passed with 50% marks, 5% relaxable for ST/SC/OBC/PH or its equivalent.
Candidates waiting for class 12th results may also apply provided they produce their provisional/original documents at the time of counseling.
- There will be the blockwise allocation of seats to facilitate the availability of trained teachers locally in the respective blocks.
- The minimum age limit is 18 year and maximum age is 27 years as on the current academic year.
- There is a relaxation of five years for SC/ST only.
Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 Application Form
Applications for D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 can be collected offline from DIETs. Aspiring candidates must collect and fill in all the important dates in the application form with the submission of filled in and attested documents and copies of certificates (Mark sheets, ST certificate, Voter’s ID, etc) before the last date of submission to the office of the principal DIET. Application received after the last date will not be accepted under any conditions.
How to fill Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 Application Form
- Collect the application form from the office of the principal DIET on the scheduled date.
- Fill in the details like personal details, communication details, and qualification details.
- Attach the attested copies of certificates (Mark sheets, ST certificate, Voter’s ID, etc)
- Submit the duly filled application form to the office of the principal DIET before the last date.
NOTE: Only eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form for Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020. Any incorrect or incomplete information will lead to the rejection of the application form. Therefore, candidates are requested to read and understand all the instruction carefully and then proceed to fill the form.
Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Selection Procedure 2020
Folloiwng are the three main dimensions for Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) selection process.
- Block Quota – The Selection procedure will be based on merit as per block quota. Block-wise allotment of the seats quota of the institute is done in direct proportion to the number of elementary schools in the respective block
- Entrance Test – The entrace test is conducted for D.El.Ed (DIET) 2020 admission for candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria and regsiter themselves before the last date of submission. The results for the entrance test are declared on the basis of merit as per the block quota followed by the round of counselling.
- Counselling – After the declaration of result, shortlisted candidates are called to attend the round of counselling and seat allotment process.
Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Counselling 2020
After the declaration of result, selected candidates who qualify the Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) 2020 are invited to appear in the round of counselling. Candidates are required to attend the counsellinng and carry the prescribed documents to produce at the time of counselling. Following is the list of documents to be produced by shortlisted candidates.
- SSC Marksheet
- Intermediate Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Aadhar Card/Voter Id
- Caste Certificate for OBC/SC/ST Students
- Birth certificate
- Character Certificate
- Two colored passport size photos.
Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 Reservation Policy
The reservation policy for Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 is as follows as per the last year details.
- Selection will be done in order of merit as per Meghalaya Govt. Reservation Policy for different communities of the state.
- 5% of the seat will be reserved for the person with disabilities.
Meghalaya D.El.Ed (DIET) Admission 2020 – Programme Structure
Following is the programme structure for D.El.Ed (DIET).
|Group-I (Contextual Issues)||All Courses are|
|Group-II (Teaching-Learning at|
|All Courses are|
|Group-III (Teaching-Learning at Upper|
|One Course to be|
selected from the
|Group-IV (Internship in Schools)||All Courses are compulsory.|
Credit on Workshop Based
Activities will be divided equally
for First & Second year
Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) is a Diploma certificate teacher training program that can be pursued by candidates who have qualified 10+2 (any stream) from an identified board. This course has been designed to enhance the elementary level teacher workforce in India. D.El.Ed course provides to the needs of the elementary level education segment. It is technically an elementary teacher training course. After completing 2 years long academic program, D.El.Ed. professionals become eligible to work at elementary level schools and similar educational institutes imparting elementary education. This teacher training course is for those who want to teach at lower (elementary) level schools.
About Directorate of Higher & Technical Education
The Directorate of Higher and Technical Education appeared as one of the three Directorates in 1997 after the trifurcating of the recent Directorate of Public Instruction. The Directorate of Higher and Technical Education assumes a significant job in organization, administration, and supervision of various exercises identifying with Higher Education including College and University Education, Technical Education, Professional Education and Vocational Education in the State of Meghalaya.
Room no: 222.
Department of Education
Phone No: 0364-2224201, S-2264
Official Website: megeducation.gov.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.