North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong has conducted the entrance exam for M.Sc admissions 2018-2019. Interested candidates had to fill their application form online as per the schedule. The selection of the candidates will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination. All the details related to NEIGRIHMS MSc Nursing 2018 like Important Dates, Application form, Admit Card, Eligibility Criteria, etc is available on this page.
NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing 2018
- Name of the Course: M.Sc. Nursing
- Duration: Two (2) years course
- Affiliation: The Course is affiliated to North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong
- Total Number of Seats: Ten (10) seats
- Centre for Examination: Shillong Centre
- Commencement of the Course: The course will commence with effect from October 2018 for the current academic year.
|Start of Online Registration||20 Jul 2018|
|Last date of Online Registration||19 Aug 2018|
|Availability of Admit Cards||23 Aug 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||02 Sep 2018|
|Date of result||11 Sep 2018|
|Counselling||26 Sep 2018|
|Commencement of session||03 Oct 2018|
Interview / Counselling
- Candidates will be called for interview strictly in order of merit based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance examination. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category from candidates who fulfil the cut off points. It is compulsory for that these candidates to attend the interview.
- The order of counselling will be first for all India candidates followed by Passed Out students from NEIGRIHMS then by the Internal staff of NEIGRIHMS.
- Admission will not be finalized unless the candidates produce all the original documents.
- There will be no allocation of marks for the counselling. It will be conducted strictly on the basis of merit in the entrance examination.
- Candidates who failed to attend counselling on the notified date shall forfeit their claim for admission and placement in the waiting list.
- Click here to check the notice and list of candidates called for counselling of M.Sc Nursing on September 26.
- Click Here to check the details of NEIGRIHMS M.Sc Nursing 2018 Counselling.
North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong has announced the merit list of NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing 2018 Entrance Exam. Candidates can check the same through the link provided below.
Merit List: Click Here to check the NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing 2018 Result in order of Roll Number.
The selection of the candidates has been made strictly in order of merit of the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in the Online / Offline entrance examination. Candidates can check the merit list through the direct link below.
- Merit list has been prepared for each category of candidates viz.
- Candidates who have qualified M.Sc. Nursing course from NEIGRIHMS.
- Internal Candidates.
- In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, NEIGRIHMS, Shillong, shall be final.
If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance examination for admission to M.Sc. Nursing course, then their inter-se-merit for admission to the course has been determined on the basis of the following.
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing qualifying exam – M.Sc. Nursing examination will rank junior to a candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If the attempts made in passing qualifying exam M.Sc. Nursing Examinations are also the same, then a candidate who has higher marks in the said examination will rank senior to a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
- If the attempts made in passing the said examinations and the marks obtained in the examinations are also the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to the candidate who is junior in age
Admit Card to the eligible candidates for appearing in the Entrance Examination has to be downloaded online from the Institute’s website by logging through candidate’s own password provided at the time of his/her registration for entrance examination from August 23, 2018, onwards. No other separate procedures of issuing admit Card will be available.
Admit Card downloading process over…!!
Application form of the NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing 2018 is available now. Candidates have to register for entrance examination through the online portal available at Institute website www.neigrihm.gov.in. Direct link of Registration is also available on this page.
Application form process over..!!
Candidates are advised to write down their user id and password on a paper and keep in safe custody. Candidates should fill complete details in the application form. Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected and no correspondence/ queries will be entertained in this regard.
Candidates can deposit the Fees of ` 1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) through Online mode by using debit card/ credit card through payment gateway to the College of Nursing Account “PRINCIPAL NURSING COLLEGE OF NEIGRIHMS” No 30270200000002.
Documents to be Uploaded
- Candidates scanned photograph of appropriate size.
- Candidates scanned signature.
- Scanned copy of the High School/Secondary School Certificate issued by the Board / University showing the date of birth of the applicant.
- Scanned copy of the mark sheet of the B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/B.Sc. Nursing/ Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing examination to ascertain eligibility in the qualifying examination.
- Scanned copy of Registration Certificate from the State Nursing Council.
- Experience Certificate.
- Employed Candidates: In case of employed candidates, he/she must upload his/ her scanned copy of No Objection Certificate from the Employer.
- Certificate of Disability from competent authority, in case of Person with Disability (PWDs).
- Candidates should have the minimum qualification of B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/B.Sc. Nursing/ Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council with a minimum of 55 % aggregate marks.
- Candidates should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Council.
- The candidate should have undergone B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognised by Indian Nursing Council.
- B.Sc. Nursing graduates should have at least one year of experience in a Hospital or in a College or School of Nursing or in Community Health setting/ programme after registration in the State Nursing Council.
- Candidates should submit their experience certificate along with their application form.
- Bonafide students of College of Nursing, NEIGRIHMS (irrespective of domicile state) are eligible for admission to the seats reserved for students passing B.Sc. Nursing from College of Nursing, NEIGRIHMS.
- Candidates with Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing should have at least a minimum of one year work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidates with Post Basic B.Sc. (N) degree through distance education (IGNOU) may be considered only if the study centre is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Internal candidates from NEIGRIHMS should be registered with the Meghalaya State Nursing Council.
- Male candidates who did not opt for Midwifery in the B.Sc. Nursing course should have qualified in any other subjects as recommended by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of Midwifery. Only those candidates who have studied Midwifery are eligible for admission to Obstetric and Gynaecological Nursing and Community Health Nursing speciality.
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- In service candidates should obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer.
Entrance examination will be conducted by NEIGRIHMS. All questions will be of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as detailed under:-
Question paper will consist of 100 questions of objective type with a single correct response out of four options. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded 1 (one) mark. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong response. Zero (0) marks will be awarded for the questions not answered. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Medical Surgical Nursing||17||17|
|Community Health Nursing||17||17|
|Child Health Nursing||17||17|
|Mental Health Nursing||17||17|
|Trends in Nursing||10||10|
For more details of NEIGRIHMS M.Sc. Nursing 2018 – Download Information Brochure