Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) is looking after Haryana Polytechnic (DET). It is for admission to various diploma programs like Diploma Engg, Diploma Engg. Lateral Entry and Diploma Pharmacy. More information on Haryana DET is provided in the article below. Students are however advised to regularly check this page for any updates.
Haryana Polytechnic / DET Exam
Department of Technical Education Haryana offeres various diploma programs. Admission to these programs in Haryana Polytechnics are through DET admissions and exams.
|Polytechnic in Haryana||Dates|
|Haryana Polytechnic (DET) 2018 (Online)||29 May to 01 Jun 2018|
|Haryana Polytechnic (DET) 2019||May 2019|
Haryana DET Eligibility Criteria
- Passed 10th with at least 35% marks (33% for SC and KM Category).
- Compulsory pass in Maths and Science subjects.
- Passed 12th in science. OR
- Completed first year of the three years degree course OR
- Passed 10+2 examination only in Science academic stream OR
- 12 years Higher Secondary Education Board Exam (Science academic stream with Physics, chemistry, Biology) of Higher Education Board, Nepal OR
- Pre degree exam OR
- Any other qualification approved by Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above mentioned examinations.
Diploma (Engg) Lateral Entry
- Passed ITI of at least 2 years (after 10th), 10+2 (vocational), 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Math (PCM) or 12th class passed with NSQF level 4.
- Those who have passed ITI or 10+2 with PCM are eligible for all streams of Diploma Engineering.
- Those who have passed 10+2 (Arts/ Commerce) are eligible for Non Engineering Diploma Courses like Diploma in Business Management, Industrial & Personal Management, Hotel Management, Finance, Accounts & Auditing, Library & Information Science and Office Management & Computer Application only.
- Those who have passed 10+2 (Medical) are eligible for Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Those who have passed 10+2 class with NSQF level 4 or 10+2 (Vocational) are eligible as per compatibility of course.
- Those who have passed 3 year diploma are eligible in 2nd year of a different branch through lateral entry.
Haryana DET (L) Examination Pattern
Mode of exam: online
Duration: 100 minutes
Number of questions: 100
Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice
Marking scheme: +1, no negative marking
Syllabus: 10+2 of Board of School Education Haryana.
- General Awareness and Aptitude