HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2019 – Himachal Pradesh University had released the notification for the eligible candidates for admission to M.Sc Nursing (2 years degree course) in Sister Nivedita Govt. College Nursing of IGMC, Shimla through an objective type (MCQ) Entrance Test for the academic year 2019-2020. Desirous candidates are advised to be ready with soft copy of passport size colour photograph and scanned copy of signature in jpg. before filling online application form. Candidates can check the complete information of HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2019 application process, eligibility criteria, counselling, and other information through this page below.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2019
Candidates seeking admission in M.Sc Nursing Course will have to fill the online application as per schedule. Entrance Test will be held on September 08, 2019. The admission to this degree course shall be made as per merit drawn on the basis of marks of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University on behalf of the Government of Himachal Pradesh (Department of Medical Education & Research).
Important Schedule regarding the HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2019
|Online Application form filling starts||13 Aug 2019|
|Last date for filling the online application||31 Aug 2019|
|Date of uploading of admit card||04 Sep 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||08 Sep 2019|
|Date of displaying the Answer Key||10 to 13 Sep 2019|
|Tentative date of declaration of Result||18 Sep 2019|
|Tentative date of issuance of merit list||20 Sep 2020|
|Date of 1st Round of Counselling for admission||25 Sep 2019|
|Date of joining & depositing fee / Medical Exam||To be announced|
|2nd Round of Counselling||To be announced|
|Date of joining & depositing fee / Medical Exam||To be announced|
|Commencement of Academic Session||01 Oct 2019|
|Last date upto which the candidates can be admitted against|
vacancies arising due to any reason through allotment of seat
|31 Oct 2019|
HPU M.Sc Nursing Application Form 2019
Before proceeding to apply online, please ensure that you have:
- Scanned copy of candidate’s recent photograph & signature with following specifications.
- Photograph Specification (Maximum size 50 kb.)
- Signature Specification (Maximum size 30 kb.)
- Create an email account if you already don’t have one.
- You must give a correct mobile number in basic details.
- The fee for M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test.
The applicants may apply for M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test through online Application Form only through the website www.hpuniv.in. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and read the instruction carefully before filling the application/registration form. Candidates can also apply online from the direct link provided below.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2019.
- Rs. 2500/- for General & others Categories and
- Rs. 1250/- for SC/ST Categories
Procedure for Submission of Online Application Form
- Click on “Apply / Register Online” to create a new account. Once the new account is created online system will generate the unique application form number. Candidates are advised to note down the application form number for all future references.
- After account creation, click login to complete the Entrance Examination application online.Candidates are required to fill all information required in different sections like education and document details. Online Entrance Application form has following subsequent information.
- Basic Details Form
- Upload Photo & Signature Form
- Fees Payment Form
- Payment Details Form
- Filled Form View Page Confirmation Button.
- Filled Form Downloaded Page.
- Applicants are required to fill their information in above mentioned web pages. All mandatory fields are marked with red star.
- Upload photo and signature.
- To save the data, please click on ‘Continue and Save’ button at the bottom of each screen before proceeding further.
- Fill up the educational details and upload the related document(s). Uploaded Photo and Signature should be as per specifications, kindly refer to section (a) at the starting of the document.
- On the next page select your payment gateway –Choose HDFC Bank./H.P.State Cooperative Bank and after that Click on ‘Continue for Payment’ (Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking etc., please check the available banks and card types. (Rupay Card are not acceptable)
- After successful remittance of fee, system will generate for final submission to print out the confirmation copy of the online application form and the same shall be submitted along with required certificates/documents by the candidate in person on the day of counseling.
Admission to M.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for which Male & female candidates are eligible subject to fulfilment of the following conditions :-
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 and its equivalent examination from recognized Board/University established by Law in India with minimum 45% aggregate marks. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the required percentage of aggregate marks will be 40%.
- The candidates should be registered as registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) B.Sc/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with H.P State Nurses registration council Shimla/ any State Nursing Registration council at the time of counselling.
- The candidates should be B.Sc. Nursing /Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing /B. Sc Hons. Nursing trained from the recognized Institutions not less than 55% aggregate marks.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the date of Ist round of counselling
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the date of Ist round counselling
HPU M.Sc Nursing Admit Card 2019
Admit Card for M.Sc Nursing Entrance will be available online after the completion of Application process. The candidates may, please note that the Admit Cards for the Entrance Test shall not be sent by post and the same can be downloaded by the candidates from the University website: www.hpuniv.in.
The admission to the M.Sc. Nursing Degree Course shall be on the basis of merit of Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Universiy on the date notified in the prospectus. The name and address of the examination centre will be communicated on the admit cards to be uploaded on the website by the University for appearing in the Entrance Test. Examination Centre once allotted to the candidate will not be changed. However, University reserves the right to allot any centre in view of exigencies.
Syllabus & Pattern of Entrance Exam
The examination shall consist of one written paper only in the subjects mentioned hereunder in accordance with the syllabi of GNM/B.Sc.Nursing studies. The medium of examination shall be English. The question paper will be objective (MCQ) type. There will be only 4 (Four) options in each question i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which one of the option will correct .
Total questions will be 150 (one hundred fifty). Each question will carry 1 (one) mark. The duration of the Entrance Test will be 2 (two) hours. There will be No Negative Marking. The written test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects as given below:-
|Name of Speciality||No. of Seats|
|Medical Surgical Nursing||34|
|Community health Nursing||38|
|Child Health Nursing||34|
|Mental Health Nursing|
Out of total number of seats, 60% seats will be filled-up by the Inservice candidates of Himachal Pradesh Govt . and 40% seats will be filled –up from open competition.
Group/Quota-wise distribution of seats between In-service and Direct candidates in the ratio of 60:40 in Sister Nivedita Nursing College, IGMC Shimla is as under :
|Total No. Of Seats||For in-service group/quota (60%)||For Direct Group/quota (40%)|
HPU M.Sc Nursing Result & Merit List 2019
The Selection List of the candidates for M.Sc Nursing course has been published online at the official website. The minimum marks required for the selection will be 50% for candidates for General category, 40% for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe categories candidates. No detailed marks cards will be sent to the candidates. There will be no re-checking/re-evaluation of the Answer Sheet. Qualified candidates are advised to attend the counselling, Schedule for the same will be updated soon after its official announcement.
Counselling and Admission Procedure
There will be Counselling system to allot the available seats in order of merit-cum-choice of the candidates in the specialities. The admission process will be completed through counselling within the specified period by the Counselling Committee constituted by the Director, Medical Education & Research, H.P., Shimla-9. The counselling for all the qualified candidates will be held as per schedule in the New Examination Hall, Block-D, Indira Gandhi Medical College Shimla-1 in accordance with the categorywise/group-wise merit list notified by the H.P.University.
The merit list will be displayed on the University website www.hpuniv.in. The candidates are advised to check their merit rank and to make themselves present in the counselling accordingly. No separate call letters will be sent to the qualified candidates for attending the counselling. All the eligible candidates will have to bring their original documents.
They must bring Counselling-cum-admission Form along with photocopies of all the required documents/certificates dully self –attested. The candidate not reporting for first round of counselling will forfeit their claim for admission without any further notice . No further opportunity will be given, hence appearance in the first round of counselling is mandatory for consideration of candidature in subsequent counselling.
If a candidate has qualified the entrance test with the minimum required percentage of marks i.e. 50% for general category candidates, 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for GenralPhysically Handicapped categories candidates, then her name will appear in the merit list and she will be entitled to attend the above said counselling as per schedule mentioned above along with Counselling-cum-Admission Form as attached in the Prospectus duly filled in all respects and original as well as photocopies of each certificate/document duly self-attested by the candidate as mentioned hereunder:-
- Matriculation or its equivalent examination certificate.
- Certificate of having passed the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or its equivalent examination along with details of marks in each subject.
- General Nursing and Midwifery Diploma.
- Registration Certificate from H.P. State Nurses Registration Council, Shimla.
- H.P. Bonafide/Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority as per provision of Prospectus.
- Certificate of being children of H.P. Govt. Employees and Employees of Autonomous Bodies spouse wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government as per provision of Prospectus issued by the competent authority.
- Certificates of claiming Reservation under particular reserved category issued by the competent authority.
- Service certificate-cum-NOC for in-service candidates only.
- Affidavit on the paper in original.
- Certificate of Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and B.Sc. Nursing courses from Principal/ Director/Head of the Institution.
- All original certificates are required for verification at the time of counselling.
- The final eligibility of the candidate will be determined by the counselling committee and the Principal.
- Admission Form and documents/certificates attached therewith will not be returned in any case.
- The documents regarding Anti-Ragging measure will be submitted by the candidates at the time of admission in the nursing college concerned along with affidavit.
- Incomplete form will lead to rejection.
- The selected candidates will be required to deposit the prescribed fee within prescribed date after counselling, failing which the seat will be allotted to the next candidate on merit. The admission letters to the candidates will be issued on the day of counselling and necessary instructions, if any, with regard to attend the classes will be issued by the Principal of the colleges concerned.
- A candidate who brings incomplete documents/certificate(s) at the time of counselling shall liable to be rejected without any notice then and there by the counselling Committee. However, the counselling Committee reserves the right to take any decision in this regard. In the admission process the decision of the Counselling Committee shall be final.
- Candidate found ineligible at any stage shall have no claim whatsoever for admission or continuation of M.Sc. Nursing Degree Course even if she qualified the Entrance Test.
The selected candidates will be called for medical examination and verification of the documents attached to the original Admission Form in the respective College at their own expenses and candidate should be medically fit. If declared unfit she will not be admitted in the College. Prescribed form of physical fitness is available with the College office.
Official Website: www.admissions.hpushimla.in