HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 – Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) has released the answer key for HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 admission to 2 Years M.Sc. Nursing degree course in government and private nursing colleges in Himachal Pradesh. Eligible female candidates can apply online on admissions.hpushimla.in, official website. The candidate who has passed 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC) is eligible to apply for HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020. Applications are expected to release in August 2020. To know more about the HPU M.Sc Nursing entrance test, scroll down the article.
Latest: HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 Answer Key is available now. Scroll down to check the details.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020
The admission to the M.Sc. Nursing Degree Course shall be based on merit of Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University. Aspirants are required to stay updated with the schedule for the HPU M.Sc Nursing entrance test by following the below-given table.
Schedule for HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020
|Online Application form filling starts||09 – |
|Time for correction of error, if any, in the online application form|
after final submission of online application form
11 Oct 2020
|Date of uploading of admit card|
|Date of Entrance Test||21 Oct 2020|
|Date of displaying the Answer Key||24 – 26 Oct 2020|
|Tentative date of declaration of Result||03 Nov 2020|
|Tentative date of issuance of merit list||10 Nov 2020|
|Date of 1st Round of Counselling for admission||To be announced|
|Date of joining & depositing fee / Medical Exam||To be announced|
|2nd Round of Counselling||To be announced|
|Date of joining & depositing fee / Medical Exam||To be announced|
HPU MSc Nursing 2020 Answer Key
The answer key for HPU MSc Nursing 2020 has released before the result online at the official website. It is released in the pdf format. Candidates can use the HPU MSc Nursing 2020 answer key to cross-check their answers and calculate their probable score. Based on marks calculated, candidates can estimate their chances of qualifying the test. For calculating the score, the candidates need to add and deduct marks as per the marking scheme. Candidates can submit an objection with the documentary proof in the HPU MSc Nursing answer key if they are not satisfied with the option marked in it.
Answer Key: Click here to download the HPU MSc Nursing Answer Key
HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 Form Correction Notice
HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 Application Form Extension Notice
Click here to download the Notice
HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern
The examination shall consist of one written paper only in the subjects mentioned hereunder in accordance with the syllabi of GNM/B.Sc.Nursing studies. Followingb is is the question paper pattern for the same.
- Mode of examination – Offline (pen paper-based test)
- Medium of question paper -English
- Type of questions – MCQ type
- Total no. of questions – 150
- Duration – Two hours
- There will be no negative marking.
Marking scheme is as follows .
Each question will carry 1 (one) mark
No negative marking for wrong answers
Distribution of sections, no. of questions and marks is as follows.
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|Medical Surgical Nursing||20||20|
|Obstetric & Gynecological|
|Mental health Nursing||20||20|
|Anatomy & Physiology||10||10|
|Research & Statistics||05||05|
|Nursing Education &|
|Nutrition, Biochemistry &|
|Psychology & Sociology||05||05|
HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 Important Books
Following are some books candidates can refer for HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 preparation.
|M.Sc Nursing Exam guide||Buy here|
|Competitive handbook for nursing||Buy here|
|Advanced Nursing Practise||Buy here|
|Target High||Buy here|
HPU M.Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2020
Admission to M.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be made based on merit of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for which female candidates are eligible subject to fulfillment of the following conditions :-
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 and its equivalent examination from recognized Board/University established by Law in India with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the required percentage of aggregate marks will be 40%.
- The candidates should be registered as Registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) B.Sc/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with H.P State Nurses registration council Shimla/ any State Nursing Registration council at the time of counselling.
- The candidates should be B.Sc. Nursing /Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing /B. Sc Hons. Nursing trained from the recognized Institutions not less than 55% aggregate marks.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the date of the Ist round of counseling
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the date of Ist round counselling
HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 Application Form
The applicants can apply for M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test through online application form only through the official website. Candidates are advised must ensure to fulfill their eligibility before filling the application/registration form. The following are the details regarding the HPU M.Sc Nursing application form 2020.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 Application Form
Application form fee: Candidates are required to pay the following amount
|General & others||Rs. 2500/-|
|SC/ST Categories||Rs. 1250/-|
Mode of application fee payment: Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking
Documents required for filling in the application form
- Scanned copy of candidate’s recent photograph & signature
- Create an email account if you already don’t have one.
- You must give a correct mobile number in basic details.
- The fee for M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test.
Step to apply :
- Filling of application form
- Uploading of images and documents
- Payment of application form fee
- Print out of the confirmation copy of application form
HPU M.Sc Nursing Admit Card 2020
The University shall issue the admit card for the M.Sc Nursing Entrance exam 2020 online after the completion of the application process. Candidates can download their admit cards from the official website. Admit cards must be produced at the time of examination to the concerned authority for verification purpose. No test taker shall be allowed to sit in the examination without a valid admit card. Admit card will contain detail like candidate’s name, exam date, and timings, exam test venue, important instructions, etc.
Note : Admit Cards for the Entrance Test shall not be sent by post to any candidate.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Result 2020
The university published the result for the entrance test on the official website. The Selection List of the candidates for M.Sc Nursing course will be published online. For qualifying the exam, candidates are required 50% marks for General category, 40% for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe categories. No detailed marks cards will be sent to the candidates. There will be no re-checking/re-evaluation of the Answer Sheet. Qualified candidates are called and invited to appear in the counseling,
Merit List: Merit list for HPU M.Sc Nurssing releases in PDF format. It will contain details like merit rank, CAT rank, roll number, candidate’s name, father’s name, category anf total marks obtained.
Tie Breaking: In case two or more candidates secure equal aggregate marks in the entrance test, then their inter-se merit for admission to the course shall be determined based on marks obtained by the candidates in order of subject-wise sections of the entrance test. If the tie continues, then the candidate older in age shall be given preference.
HPU M.Sc Nursing 2020 Counselling and Admission Procedure
After the result declaration, selected and qualified candidates are called to attend the round of counseling. Through the counseling, the candidates are allotted the seats in order of merit-cum-choice of the candidates in the specialties. The admission process is completed through counseling within the particularised period by the counseling committee. Candidates are required to carry the following documents at the time of counseling.
Documents to Carry for HPU MSc Nursing 2020 Counselling
- Matriculation or its equivalent examination certificate.
- Certificate of having passed the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or its equivalent examination along with details of marks in each subject.
- General Nursing and Midwifery Diploma.
- Registration Certificate from H.P. State Nurses Registration Council, Shimla.
- H.P. Bonafide/Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority as per provision of Prospectus.
- Certificate of being children of H.P. Govt. Employees and Employees of Autonomous Bodies spouse wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government as per provision of Prospectus issued by the competent authority.
- Certificates of claiming Reservation under particular reserved category issued by the competent authority.
- Service certificate-cum-NOC for in-service candidates only.
- Affidavit on the paper in original.
- Certificate of Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and B.Sc. Nursing courses from Principal/ Director/Head of the Institution.
Note: The candidate who do not report for first round of counselling shall not be considered fro further rounds of counselling. notice. No further opportunity will be given, hence appearance in the first round of counselling is necessary for consideration of candidature in couselling and admission procedure.
The selected candidates will be called for medical examination and verification of the documents attached to the original Admission Form in the respective College at their expenses and candidate should be medically fit. If declared unfit she will not be admitted to the College. The prescribed form of physical fitness is available with the College office.
HPU MSc Nursing 2020 Seat Intake
Following are the seat details for HPU MSc Nursing Admission 2020 as per the lasy year details.
|Name of Speciality||Number of Seats|
|Medical Surgical Nursing||34|
|Community health Nursing||38|
|Child Health Nursing||34|
|Mental Health Nursing||66|
- Out of total number of seats, 60% seats will be filled-up by the Inservice candidates of Himachal Pradesh Govt . and 40% seats will be filled –up from open competition.
- Group/Quota-wise distribution of seats between In-service and Direct candidates in the ratio of 60:40 in Sister Nivedita Nursing College, IGMC Shimla is as under :
|Total No. Of Seats||For in-service group/quota (60%)||For Direct Group/quota (40%)|
HPU MSc Nursing 2020 Fee Details
Fee for M.Sc. Nursing Degree course at Sister Nivedita Govt. Nursing college IGMC, Shimla
Fee for M.Sc. Nursing Degree courses for Private nursing Colleges
|Head||Sate Quota(In Rs.)||Management Quota(In Rs.)|
|Admission fee||7,500/-(One time)||7,500/-(One time)|
electricity & Water)
|Hospital Attachment Charges||10,200/-||10,200/-|
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla conducts the entrance exam for admission to the 2 Years M.Sc. Nursing Degree Course In Government and Private Nursing Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. Candidates have to clear the entrance exams for taking admission in M.Sc Nursing and by filling out the application form as per the eligibility. Candidate has to get the minimum qualifying marks released by the University for taking admission.
Official Website: admissions.hpushimla.in
For Complete details on HPU M.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 Check – Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.