NII PhD Admission & Entrance Exam 2021 – National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi has released the notification for admission to Ph.D. Programme 2021. The candidate who wants to take admission to PhD Programme 2021 should fill and submit the application form on or before the last date. Candidates must appear in the NII 2021 entrance exam or JGEEBILS 2021 followed by the interview. Get complete details of NII New Delhi Ph.D. Admission 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee, selection process, etc. are given below.
Latest: The application form for NII Ph.D. Admission 2021 is available now. Click here to fill the form.
NII PhD Admission & Entrance Exam 2021
The registration process for NII PhD Admission 2021 has been started online at nii.res.in. Eligible & interested candidates who are seeking admission to PhD Programme 2021 should fill and submit the application before the last date. Important Dates for the admission In Ph.D courses in NII are given below.
|Application form available from||04 Jan 2021 (11:00 am)|
|Last date for submission of application form||25 Jan 2021 (11:59 pm)|
|Availability of admit card||11 Feb 2021|
|Entrance Examination||25 Feb 2021|
|Release of list of candidates short-listed for interviews||26 Apr 2021|
|Interviews will be held online during||15 – 22 Jun 2021|
|Declaration of final result||25 Jun 2021|
|Joining date||12 Jul 2021|
|Allotment to Laboratories||19 Jul 2021|
NII PhD Admission & Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form
The application form of NII PhD Admission 2021 is to be filled up online at the official website (nii.res.in). Candidates must register themselves to become eligible to apply online application form. Candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2021 must submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees. Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in either NII-2021 or JGEEBILS-2021. Candidates are encouraged to appear in both the examinations.
NII PhD Admission & Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Qualification For the admission in PhD in NII is given below.
- M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics), M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., Integrated M.Sc., or equivalent qualification as per norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor’s degree, and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree are essential for general category. Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees will be applicable for candidates from reserved categories [OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD]. Rounding off of percentage score to the next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current academic year are also eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the eligibility requirements at the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC (non-creamy layer) and 3% for persons with disability (PwD) as per statutory norms.
NII PhD Admission & Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card
National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi will issue the admit card for NII Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2021. Candidates can able to download the admit card from the official website. Admit card is an essential document that contains Candidates’ Name, Roll Number, Exam venue, etc. and that is why candidates must carry their admit card to the examination center to appear for the examination. The direct link to download the admit card will be provided below.
NII PhD Admission & Entrance Exam 2021 Selection Process
NII will select candidates for the Ph.D. programme through the following Channels:
- Channel 1: Computer-based Entrance Examination, NII-2021,to be conducted by NII at multiple centres all over India.
- Channel 2:
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS-2021). Candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2021 must submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees, and the JGEEBILS-2021 admit card
- Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in either NII-2021 or JGEEBILS-2021. Candidates are encouraged to appear in both the examinations.
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board and called for Interviews.
- Candidates selected will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi. Candidates joining the programme will be paid second class train fare on providing the proof of journey.
NII PhD Admission & Entrance Exam 2021 Result
National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi will declare the NII PhD Entrance Exam Result 2021 as per the schedule. Candidate can check the result of the entrance examination on the official website or on this page.
The institute currently provides a Junior Research Fellowship of Rs.31,000/- per month. Selected candidates who are already fellowship awardees from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT, and DST may avail those fellowships as per rules governed by the respective funding agency. NII is a residential campus and shared hostel accommodation will be provided to all the students admitted to the program.
National Institute of Immunology (NII) invites applications from eligible candidates for its Ph.D.
programme. Cutting-edge research at NII encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas of immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Chemical Biology, Structural biology, and Computational biology.
Official Website: nii.res.in
For more details on NII Ph.D. Admission & Entrance Exam 2021, Download Admission Notice.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.