NEST 2023 will be held on 24 June. If you want to take National Entrance Screening Test then fill application form before last date. Then download NEST admit card which will be out on 12 June and appear in exam. After exam, check answer key and then NEST 2023 result which will be out on 10 July. This is a Science entrance exam. The NEST exam is a Institute level exam in Maharashtra, Odisha. It is organized by NISER and UM DAE CEBS (National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS)) for admission to Integrated MSc programme in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics in NISER Bhubaneswar, UM DAE CEBS Mumbai.
Latest – NEST 2023 application correction window has been opened. Get link to edit form here
What is NEST exam?
The full form of NEST is National Entrance Screening Test. It is organized by National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) at a Institute level. This is a Science entrance exam. You can get admission in Integrated MSc programme in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics in NISER Bhubaneswar, UM DAE CEBS Mumbai through this exam.
NEST 2023 Exam Date
NISER and UM DAE CEBS decides and announces the exam date of NEST 2023. Note the following dates. However, also check nestexam.in regularly for any changes in schedule.
|Release of NEST 2023 application form||27 Feb 2023|
|Last date to apply online at nestexam.in||24 May 2023|
|Application correction dates||26 – 29 May 2023|
|NEST 2023 admit card release date||12 Jun 2023|
|NEST 2023 Exam Date||24 Jun 2023|
|Hours of examination||9:00 AM – 12:30 PM (Session I) & 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM (Session II)|
|Release of official answer key||As per NISER and UM DAE CEBS|
|NEST 2023 result announcement||10 Jul 2023|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Brochure
- Exam Notification
- How to Apply
- About NEST
- About NISER
- About UM-DAE CEBS
- Important Dates
- Eligibility and Fees
NEST 2023 – Overview
Highlights of the examination are as follows.
|Name of Exam||NEST 2023|
|Full Form of NEST||National Entrance Screening Test|
|Organizing Body||NISER and UM DAE CEBS|
|Full Form of NISER and UM DAE CEBS||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS)|
|Type of Exam||Science Entrance Exam|
|Level of Exam||Institute|
|Courses Where Admission is Through NEST||Integrated MSc programme in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through NEST||NISER Bhubaneswar, UM DAE CEBS Mumbai|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Class 12|
|Mode of Exam||Online/computer based test|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||68|
|Marking Scheme||For single answer correct: +2.5, -1|
For multiple answer correct: +4, 0
|Exam Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Subjects in Question Paper||Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics|
NEST 2023 Application Form
Any student who wishes to appear in the National Entrance Screening Test needs to first fill up the application form. Important points are as follows.
- NISER and UM DAE CEBS releases the NEST application form 2023 at nestexam.in.
- Students should fill and submit the NEST online application form before the last date.
- In order to apply, one has to do the NEST 2023 registration, then enter details in the online form, upload documents required, and pay the fee.
- Also, only eligible students should apply for the National Entrance Screening Test.
If you will appear in NEST exam, then you should know the mode, important topics, question distribution, marking scheme. This is the NEST exam pattern.
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Online/computer based test.
- Question type – The questions are Objective (MCQ).
- Note – Each subject section contains 17 questions, out of which 12 questions are of single correct answer MCQs, and the remaining 5 questions are of multiple correct answer MCQs
- Number of Questions – There are 68 questions in the entrance exam.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the exam is 200.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Language of Question Paper – The question paper is in language English.
Marking Scheme –
- For single answer correct: +2.5, -1
- For multiple answer correct: +4, 0
NEST 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of NEST exam includes topics from which questions will be asked in the question paper.
- You should study all topics in the NEST syllabus 2023.
- Also solve chapter wise questions to prepare for the National Entrance Screening Test.
- To complete preparing the syllabus, solve NEST previous year question papers.
NEST Sample Papers
The NEST sample papers refer to model question papers. They are also key to this Science entrance exam preparation.
- The NEST 2023 sample paper by NISER and UM DAE CEBS, if any, is official.
- However you can also use NEST sample question paper by other bodies.
- Sample question papers of National Entrance Screening Test contain specimen questions based on latest NEST syllabus and pattern.
- Similarly you can also use NEST 2023 mock test.
NEST Previous Year Question Papers
The previous year question papers of NEST are very important part of preparation. Following are important details.
- NEST previous year question papers means the set of question papers that were actually asked in past exams.
- The NEST question paper contain exact questions that came in old exams.
- If you practice NEST previous year question paper then you can easily know difficulty level and ace the test.
- Therefore you should definitely solve NEST 2022 question paper and older year papers.
NEST 2023 Admit Card
The NEST admit card refers to the hall ticket. Following are its key details.
- Students who apply on time are issued the NEST admit card.
- NISER and UM DAE CEBS releases the admit card at nestexam.in.
- Only those students who show the admit card of NEST exam and other required documents on exam day get entry at the center.
- Therefore students should download the NEST admit card 2023 before exam date.
- The hall ticket contains exam date, time, center, guidelines for the National Entrance Screening Test 2023.
NEST 2023 Answer Key
The answer key is the set of correct answers to the NEST 2023 question paper. When, where, how to get it is as follows.
- You can check the answer key of NEST 2023 only after the exam ends.
- If NISER and UM DAE CEBS releases the NEST official answer key, then you can download it at nestexam.in.
- Follow instructions of the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) to submit objections, and calculate marks using the NEST solutions.
NEST 2023 Result
All students who write the NEST 2023 exam eagerly wait for the result as soon as exam ends. Here is what you should know about the results:
- The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) (NISER and UM DAE CEBS) declares the NEST 2023 result.
- Moreover, official website for NEST 2023 result link is is nestexam.in.
- Whereas the result date is as per NISER and UM DAE CEBS calendar.
- In order to check NEST 2023 rank, you have to login at the link.
- Then, the score and rank of NEST exam decides your admission to Integrated MSc programme in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics courses.
Official Website is nestexam.in.
Address: Chief Coordinator, NEST 2023
National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar
P.O. Jatni, Khurda 752050, Odisha, India
E-mail: [email protected]
Qs. What is the NEST Exam?
Ans. The NEST exam is a Institute level Science entrance exam. It is for admission to Integrated MSc programme in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics courses in NISER Bhubaneswar, UM DAE CEBS Mumbai.
Qs. Who conducts NEST?
Ans. The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) (NISER and UM DAE CEBS) conducts this exam.
Qs. What is the official website for NEST 2023?
Ans. The official website is nestexam.in.
Qs. How to apply for NEST?
Ans. You should apply as per instructions in the NEST 2023 notification. Check nestexam.in for online application form.
Qs. How to prepare for NEST 2023?
Ans. In order to prepare for the exam, first complete the NEST syllabus. Then practise the chapter wise questions from the best reference books for NEST 2023. Thereafter solve previous year question papers. Then finally solve sample papers, and take mock tests.
If you have any queries on NEST 2023, then please ask in the comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.
IT WILL BE BETTER IF THE EXAM CENTER IS NEAR OUR CITY LIKE KATIHAR, PURNEA,BHAGALPUR
Candidate, those who born , on or after 1st August 1999, they can’t pass the +2 exam in 2017. Hence request that necessary action may be taken for apply the NEST exam, those who born on or after 1st April 1999.
Contact the officials for this
Sir registration number tai ki user Id?
Sir registration number tai ki user Id??
I am in class 11th 2019-20 ; can I apply for nest exam in January 2020….?..
I am final year in bsc phy hons .May i apply for msc admission
All those who fulfil the age and educational qualification criteria are eligible
Where is notice on official site…
Where is nest notice 2020 on official….
UM-DAE CEBS (only UM-DAE CEBS) will also admit students through the KVPY and Science Olympiad route. For details, please visit the official website of CEBS (https://www.cbs.ac.in) around 26th February 2020
last date has been extended till April 19, 2020. Please see nestexam.in