NEST Result 2020 – NISER will announce the result for NEST 2020 on nestexam.in. The result of NEST 2020 will only be announced in online mode and candidates can check the same through the link given below on the page. To check the result, candidates need to enter user id and password. Other than the score, the qualifying status of the candidates is mentioned in the result. The candidates who qualify as per the NEST Result will get admission in National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), University of Mumbai- Department of Atomic Energy and Centre for Excellence in Basic Science (UM-DAE CEBS). For more information about NEST Result 2020, candidates can read the information given below.
NEST Result 2020
Candidates can check below some important dates related to NEST Result 2020.
|NEST 2020 Result||Dates|
|NEST 2020 Exam Date||1st week of Jun 2020|
|NEST 2020 Result Date||3rd week of Jun 2020|
Check Result here: Candidates can check below the result for NEST 2020 from the official website nestexam.in
How is the NEST 2020 Result Compiled?
The NEST 2020 Result is based on the Marking System of the exam. The candidates can check below the marking system of the exam based on which their marks in the exam are calculated and the result is prepared.
- There would be a general section of 30 marks and four other sections of 50 marks each.
- The candidates are advised to attempt as many questions as he/she can.
- The merit list will be prepared on the marks obtained in the general section and the best three of four sections.
- The total marks of NEST 2020 can be calculated as 180 (30 + 50 x 3 = 180).
Tie Breaking for NEST 2020
- If two candidates will get an equal score then the candidate with a higher score in the general section will get the higher rank.
- If the tie will persist then the best score in the subject section will be compared and the candidate with the better score will get higher rank.
- Again if the tie will persist then the candidates will get the same provisional rank at the time of result declaration and for the tie-breaking, the marks scored in 12th class and date of birth will be compared during admission/counselling.
NEST 2020 Cut-off Marks
- The total marks obtained by the candidate will be calculated as the marks obtained in the general section and the best three score from the rest four sections.
- Section wise minimum admissible score (SMAS) will be calculated by “20% of the average of best 100 scores of that section” for each section.
- The candidate must score more than or equal to the SMAS.
- The candidates must score SMAS in general section as well as in best three sections to get into the merit list.
- For the OBC category candidates, the SMAS will be 90% of the General category candidates.
- For SC/STcategory candidates, the SMAS will be 50% of the General category candidate.
- The candidate will have to score minimum admissible score 50% of the total marks (90) to get in the merit list.
- It is important to fulfil the MAS and SMAS conditions to get in the merit list.
NEST 2020 Seats
Candidates can check below the seat matrix for admission in NISER and CEBS.
|PwD||5% seats in each category||5% seats in each category|
|Supernumerary Quota (J & K)||2||2|
|Total Proposed Intake||202||47|
NEST 2020 Counselling
The candidates who qualify the entrance exam after checking their result have to take part in the counselling rounds. The registered candidates must be present at the counselling venue of choice on counselling day. Failing to appear on the date and time of counselling results in forfeiting your claim of admission.
Next, the attendance of all the candidates present at the counselling venues is taken. Based on the attendance of the students present both at NISER and CBS, and the original merit list, a combined ‘modified’ merit list is prepared and the admission is done.
The candidates have to bring the following list of documents at the counselling rounds:
List of documents required during counselling
- Original mark sheet of Class X board examination + 1 photocopy
- Original mark sheet of Class XII board examination + 1 photocopy
- Proof of date of birth (original birth certificate or school leaving certificate) + 1 photocopy
- Original caste certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
- (Caste certificate as per central government format certifies two things: a caste of the candidate and the fact that said caste is included in the respective category. However, formats of some states only mention the former in the caste certificate. Only in such cases, a separate caste verification certificate certifying the latter is needed.)
- Original Non-creamy layer OBC certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
- Original disability certificate (for Physically Disabled candidates) + 1 photocopy
- Proof of Indian citizenship, if born outside India + 1 photocopy
- 4 passport size colour photographs
- Demand Draft in favour of NISER, payable at Bhubaneswar, or in favour of CBS, payable at Mumbai, depending on where the candidates are appearing for counselling.
- In case the candidate has submitted original certificates to another institute for the purpose of admission, she/he must bring official letter (undertaking) from that institute stating so.
How to Check NEST Result 2020?
Once the examination is over the conducting body will declare the result for NEST 2020. The result will be made available on the official website only. Candidates can see the steps given below to check NEST 2020 result.
Step 1. Click on the link will be provided on this page.
Step 2. Enter your User Id and Password to log into your account.
Step 3. The result will be available on the screen.
Step 4. Candidates can take a printout of the NEST Result 2020 and keep it for further reference
The NEST 2020 is computer-based test for 5-year Integrated MSc admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar, University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS). Admitted students also become eligible for INSPIRE and DISHA scholarship. It is held at a national level. Candidates who take admission in NISER or UM-DAE CEBS through NEST exam 2020 are eligible for a scholarship through INSPIRE program of Dept of Science and Technology, or DISHA of Dept of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences.