NEST 2021 Result – NISER and UM-DAE CEBS will be released NEST Result. The result NEST 2021 will also be displayed on the official website at nestexam.in. To check the result, candidates need to enter Roll number/Application number. Other than the score, the qualifying status of the candidates is mentioned in the result. The candidates who qualify as per the NEST Result get admission in NISER and CEBS. For more information about NEST Result 2021, candidates can read the information given below.
NEST 2021 Result
Candidates can check below some important dates related to NEST Result 2021.
|NEST 2021 Result||Dates|
|NEST 2021 Exam Date||to be announced|
|NEST 2021 Result Date||to be announced|
NEST Result 2021: Link to check the NEST 2021 Result will be available here
Last Year Result for References,
Official Website nestexam.in
How to Check NEST Result 2021?
Once the examination is over the conducting body declares the result for NEST 2021. The result is made available on the official website only. Candidates can see the steps given below to check NEST 2021 result.
Step 1. Click on the link is provided on this page.
Step 2. Enter your Roll number/Application number to check NEST Score.
Step 3. After submitting the detail your result will available on the screen.
Step 4. Candidates can take a printout of the NEST Result 2021 and keep it for further reference
How is the NEST 2021 Result compiled?
The result of NEST 2021 is based on the percentile score of the students. The result is declared in 2 forms, one inside the login of the students and the second in the form of merit list. The result has the percentile score of the students for each section and the overall percentile is also available.
Compilation of NEST 2021 result:
To prepare the result the raw marks of the students are first converted to percentile score. The percentile score is calculated on the basis of the relative performance of all the candidates in the respective session. The highest score in each session is the 100th percentile.
Compilation of NEST 2021 merit list:
To prepare the merit list of NEST, score for the general section along with three best scores from the remaining subject sections is considered for the merit rank. The candidates are arranged in the list as in the ascending of their percentile score.
Tie Breaking for NEST 2021 Merit List
To prepare the merit list and in case of any tie among 2 or more students the following methodology is used:
- If two candidates will get an equal score then the candidate with a higher score in the general section get the higher rank.
- If the tie still persist then the best score in the subject section is compared and the candidate with the better score get higher rank.
- Again if the tie is still there then the candidates get the same provisional rank at the time of result declaration. Later at the time of counselling the tie is broken on the basis of the marks scored in 12th class. If the tie still persists then the younger student will get a higher rank.
NEST 2021 Cut-off Marks
To be able to get a place in the NEST 2021 merit list for admission, the students have to score more than equal to the minimum admissible percentile (MAP) and also ‘Section-wise’ Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS).
MAP is the minimum percentile the students have to score in overall of qualify NEST, and SMAS is the section wise cutoff score.
The SMAS is calculated by taking 20% of the average of the best 100 scores in that section.
For example: If the average of the best 100 scores in Chemistry section is 40 out of 50, then SMAS for chemistry section would be 40*0.20 = 8 marks. Similarly, for other sections.
For NISER: Candidates have to surpass the SMAS in all 4 subject sections, in addition to the general section.
For example, consider the marks of following six students in general category for session-1 and MAP is 95 percentile. Assume SMAS is 8 for all subjects.
For CEBS: Candidates have to surpass the SMAS in any 3 subject sections, in addition to the general section.
For example, in case of CEBS, both students B and F will be allotted merit rank. On the other hand, student G having his/her score is equal to or more than respective SMAS in only two subjects will not be allotted CEBS merit rank as shown in the image below. Assume SMAS is 8 in all sections.
NEST 2021 Seats
Candidates can check below the seat matrix for admission in NISER and CEBS, as per the last year:
|General – EWS||0||6|
|PwD||5% seats in each category||5% seats in each category|
|Total proposed Intake||200||57|
NEST 2021 Counselling
The candidates who qualify the entrance exam after checking their result have to take part in the counselling rounds. The registered candidates must be present at the counselling venue of choice on counselling day. Failing to appear on the date and time of counselling results in forfeiting your claim of admission.
Next, the attendance of all the candidates present at the counselling venues is taken. Based on the attendance of the students present both at NISER and CBS, and the original merit list, a combined ‘modified’ merit list is prepared and the admission is done.
The candidates have to bring the following list of documents at the counselling rounds:
List of documents required during counselling
- Original mark sheet of Class X board examination + 1 photocopy
- Original mark sheet of Class XII board examination + 1 photocopy
- Proof of date of birth (original birth certificate or school leaving certificate) + 1 photocopy
- Original caste certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
- (Caste certificate as per central government format certifies two things: a caste of the candidate and the fact that said caste is included in the respective category. However, formats of some states only mention the former in the caste certificate. Only in such cases, a separate caste verification certificate certifying the latter is needed.)
- Original Non-creamy layer OBC certificate (if applicable) + 1 photocopy
- Original disability certificate (for Physically Disabled candidates) + 1 photocopy
- Proof of Indian citizenship, if born outside India + 1 photocopy
- 4 passport size colour photographs
- Demand Draft in favour of NISER, payable at Bhubaneswar, or in favour of CBS, payable at Mumbai, depending on where the candidates are appearing for counselling.
- In case the candidate has submitted original certificates to another institute for the purpose of admission, she/he must bring official letter (undertaking) from that institute stating so.
The NEST 2021 is computer-based test for 5-year Integrated MSc admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar, University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS). Admitted students also become eligible for INSPIRE and DISHA scholarship. It is held at a national level. Candidates who take admission in NISER or UM-DAE CEBS through NEST exam 2021 are eligible for a scholarship through INSPIRE program of Dept of Science and Technology, or DISHA of Dept of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences.
NEST 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) releases NEST result and they are also responsible to conduct the exam.
Ans : A candidate is required to score equal to or above a total Minimum Admissible Percentile (MAP), to get a merit rank. Also, the candidates have to qualify the sectional marks in NEST.
Ans : After the result is out the students have to check the website of respective institutes. The call for admission is based on the ranks of the students. Thus, if your rank is called for the admission process, then you have to report at the counselling venue and complete the admission process.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.