NEST 2022 Application Form- The NEST 2022 application form is now closed. It was opened at nestexam.in. The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and the University of Mumbai- Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai together conduct the NEST annually. The online National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2022 application form can be filled to get admission in the 5-year Integrated MSc course in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics at NISER and UM-DAE CEBS. The candidates who have passed class 12th with the science stream can apply for NEST 2022 on its website. The NEST 2022 exam date has been set as 18 June 2022. Refer below for more information on NEST 2022 application process.
NEST 2022 Application Form
Apply Online: OVER
The NEST 2022 application form can be filled from 21 February 2022 on the official website- nestexam.in. The candidates need to first register to generate a user ID and password. Then after logging in, they need to fill the application form, upload the required documents, and then pay the fee to successfully apply for the NEST 2022.
Given below are some important dates related to the NEST 2022 application process-
|NEST 2022 Events||Dates|
|Application Registration Starts on||21 Feb 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||21 May 2022 up to 11:45 pm|
|Admit Card Release||06 Jun 2022|
|Exam Date||18 Jun 2022|
Official Website: nestexam.in
NEST 2022 Application Form Last Date Extended
Candidates can check the revised NEST 2022 application form last date from below image.
NEST 2022 Application Form Release Date Notice
Candidates can check the application form release date for NEST 2022 from below image.
NEST 2022 Application Form Fee
The NEST 2022 application fee has to be paid to submit the NEST application successfully. The NEST application fee details are as follows-
The fee to be paid:
|Males of General and OBC Categories||Rs.1200|
|All SC/ST/Divyangjan and All Females||Rs.600|
Mode of Payment: Online (credit/debit card or net banking). Only Mastercard/Visa/RuPay cards are to be used.
NEST 2022 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for and get admission under NEST 2022, the following eligibility criteria need to be satisfied:
The candidates must have-
- Passed class 12th or equivalent examination in Science stream from a recognised Board in the years 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2022.
- Scored at least 60% for general and OBC category, or 55% for SC/ST/Divyangjan category candidates in class 12th.
- Born on or after 01 August 2002 for general and OBC category, or born on or after 01 August 1997 for SC/ST/Divyangjan category candidates.
Only the candidates who will be included in the merit lists of NISER and CEBS are going to be eligible for admission.
Documents needed to fill NEST 2022 Application Form
The candidates need the documents given below to fill the NEST 2022 application form. These documents are also going to be verified during the NEST 2022 counselling by the respective institutions. The candidates must have valid original and scanned copies of the following:
- Valid category certificate, if applicable.
- A recent coloured passport size photograph
- Clear signature
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet, if available during the application form filling.
JEPBN 2022 Document Image Specifications
While filling the application form, all the required documents have to be uploaded according to the below-given format:
|Documents||File size||File Format|
|Recent coloured photograph||up to 80 Kb||JPEG/JPG|
|Clear Signature||up to 80 Kb||JPEG/JPG|
How to Apply for NEST 2022?
For NEST 2022, the candidates need to first register to generate the user ID and password. After this, log in to fill the application form and upload documents before paying the fee. Candidates will also be provided with the option to retrieve the password in case they forget it. Refer below to fill the NEST 2022 application form:
- Visit nestexam.in.
- Click on “Apply Online” option that appears on the middle of the page once the application form is released.
- Fill the registration form with the required details like name, mobile no., email ID, Class 10th roll no, and date of birth.
- Click on Register button. The user ID and password will be generated and sent to the registered mobile no. and email ID.
After registration, the candidates can continue by either clicking on “Go to Application” or by logging in again to fill the application form.
- Log in using the user ID and password at nestexam.in.
- Fill the remaining NEST 2022 application form with the personal and guardian details.
- Fill in 5 exam city preferences and click on the “Save and Next” button.
- Fill the qualification details of classes 10th and 12th.
- Upload the required images of a passport size photograph and a signature.
- Click on the “Save and Next” button.
- Pay the application fee.
Note- The exam city preferences can not be changed after submission.
Details in NEST 2022 Application Form
The candidates are expected to fill the following details in the NEST 2022 application form. The same will appear accordingly on the NEST 2022 admit card and the result.
- Candidate’s name
- Date of birth
- Class 10th roll no.
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Details filled during the registration.
- Father’s name
- Guardian’s name, relation and mobile no.
- 5 exam city preferences
- Academic details of classes 10th and 12th
- Upload passport size photograph and signature
Note- The candidates must ensure that the mobile no. and the email ID provided by them during the application process are active throughout the admission process. These are going to act as the only means of contact between the NEST office and the candidates.
NEST 2022 Exam Centres
The candidates need to select the any 5 exam centre while filling the NEST application form. There are 115 cities/towns, all over india for conducting the NEST 2022. Check the out the list of exam centre for NEST 2022 from below image.
NEST 2022 Admit Card
Candidates have to print the NEST 2022 admit card and preserve them until the NEST counselling and final admission. No entry will be allowed at the exam centre without a printed NEST 2022 admit card and a photo ID.
- Released Where and When: The NEST 2022 admit cards are going to be released on 06 June 2022, on the official website nestexam.in. The candidates can download their admit cards only until the NEST exam date, i.e. 18 June 2022.
- Information on Admit Card: The admit card will have the candidate’s information like name, exam roll no., exam centre and exam timings.
- How to get Admit Card: NEST 2022 admit cards can be downloaded by logging in at the NEST exam website. The candidates need to print their admit cards after logging in. No admit card will be sent to the candidates via any mail, post, message, etc.
Note- Any dispute related to NEST examination would be subject to Mumbai jurisdiction.
After the exam, candidates can check the NEST 2022 answer key and calculate the expected score.
About NISER and CBES
The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and the University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai both jointly conduct the NEST. NISER and CBES were both established by the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their vision is to train the youth in Sciences by equipping them to carry out progressive research and contribute to the applied sciences programs. They offer admissions into the 5-year Integrated MSc Programme through the National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) every year. After the NEST is conducted, its counselling process is carried out separately by both institutions. The information regarding counselling and the course details can be found as per the schedules on their respective websites- niser.ac.in and cbs.ac.in.
NEST 2022 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques1. Can candidates from all over India apply for NEST 2022?
Ans.1 Yes, candidates from all over India can apply for NEST 2022.
Ques2. Where is the application form for NEST 2022 available?
Ans.2 The NEST 2022 application form is available online at nestexam.in.
Ques3. What is the application fee for NEST 2022?
Ans.3 The NEST 2022 application fee is Rs.1200 for all the male candidates of General/OBC categories, and Rs.600 for SC/ST/Divyangjan and all female applicants.
Ques4. In what language will the NEST 2022 be conducted?
Ans.4 The NEST exam will only be conducted in the English language.
Ques5. Will the candidates of OBCs without non-creamy layer certificate be given seat reservation?
Ans.5 No, only the candidates of the non-creamy layer will be given reservation under the OBC category.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.