NEST Online Application Form 2018 – Candidates can apply for NEST online application from the official website on or before the last date of application. Application can be made only through online portal. Before applying online application for NEST candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria and other information.The details will be announced on/after 26 December 2017. For more details read the article below.
|Details to be announced||26 Dec 2017|
|Online Application open||Jan 2018|
|Last date for online application||Mar 2018|
Mode of payment : Either Online (using net banking/credit card/debit card) or through a Demand Draft (DD).
Last year examination fees was as follows:
|Male (General and OBC categories)||Rs. 700|
|Male (SC and ST categories)||Rs. 350|
|Female (All categories)||Rs. 350|
|Persons with Physical Disability (All categories)||Rs. 350|
Online Application Form
NEST Application Form 2018 can be submitted from the official website as per the schedule.
- Apply Online – Link will be available here…!!!
How to apply online for NEST 2018?
Candidates opting for on-line application are advised to visit the NEST 2018 website www.nestexam.in and follow the detailed step-by-step instructions to fill up the application form. Salient points of the procedure are mentioned below.
1. Register yourself at the website. You need a valid email id to do so.
Click the ‘Apply Online’ link on the NEST–2018 website to reach the online application page on/after schedule date. You need to provide your name, a valid email-id and a password of your choice in window.
- You will receive an email at the email-id provided by you, containing a link to confirm your registration. Click that link to confirm your registration.
- After confirmation, in window provide the same email-id & password, enter the secret code and click on ‘Login’.
The application process allows multi-session data entry. You can login to your application profile as many times as you wish, using the same login details. If you forget your password then click ‘forgot password’ link to retrieve your password. For safety reasons you are allowed to retrieve the password only twice.
2. Application process – Page 1 : Fill/Edit Form (Basic Information of the candidate)
Page 1 of the application process asks for personal information, choice of exam centres and academic details. You are required to furnish details of qualifying board examinations of Xth and XIIth standards. If your board provides CGPA instead of percentage then calculate the ‘equivalent percentage’ as per the guideline given by your board. Typically, CGPA is multiplied by 9.5 to convert it to ‘equivalent percentage’ value. For example, if your CGPA is 8.1 then your equivalent percentage is 76.95% (8.1×9.5). Please note, NEST committee takes the final decision on this conversion factor.
Fill all other mandatory fields, save and proceed to the next page. The next page will show your newly generated application number. Your application number is important for all future communications with NEST office till you take admission to the programme.
3. Application process – Page 2 : Upload (photo, signature and scanned DD if applicable)
In page 2 of the application process you are required to upload JPG files of your passport size photograph and signature. Scan your passport size photograph & your signature and save them as JPEG files with sizes of maximum 100 KB each. Make sure that images are properly cropped. DO NOT LEAVE empty spaces around photo or signature. If your photograph and signature appear too small in the preview, that is probably because of improper cropping. Crop properly without leaving empty spaces around and upload again. You are strongly advised to follow the detailed instruction provided there.
You may, however, choose to provide them in next login, in case you are not ready with them. In that case you can logout and return later.
4. Application process – Page 3 : Make Payment
Page 3 of the application process provides two possible payment options (as per the ‘Fee structure’ given in section-III) among which you need to choose one. The available payment modes are:
- Online payment: Convenient, paper-less option for payment using any Credit/Debit card or through Net banking without visiting any bank. Online payment is possible through TechProcess / SBIe-Pay payments gateways. The charges for cards/netbanking of different banks are given in the payment page. SBI-e-Pay payment gateway provides 3 chances (max) for each application number to retry payment against failed transactions. However, there is no such limit for TechProcess payment gateway. The amount debited for failed transactions will be refunded automatically within 7 days.
- Contact technical support (0674-2494360) if amount has been deducted and website failed to redirect to NEST page after payment was made. Payment status can be updated only if your transaction was SUCCESSFUL.
5. Application process – Page 4 : Verify all information on the application preview page and Submit
Once all the mandatory fields in pages 1 through 3 are provided, including photograph & signature, a single page preview of your application is generated. The page contains your photograph, signature along with other important information. If you want to change any information you need to logout and re-login. For safety reasons you are not allowed to visit the previous pages directly using browser backspace button.
Verify and confirm if all information on the preview page is correct and the photograph and the signature are properly visible. Once satisfied, submit your application.
6. Take printout of the application summary page.
Once you submit your application, a summary page is being generated and made available to print directly. You may keep one copy for future references. However, you are NOT required to send any document to NEST office ( initiative).
You can login to your application account and track updates on your application/payment after 3 working days. Once NEST office verifies your candidature, your ADMIT CARD will be generated and made available for download in the month of Apr 2018.
In case you face any difficulty or need any guidance at any stage, please send an email to NEST mailing address [email protected] stating clearly the problem(s) encountered. Telephone calls regarding filling of applications will not be entertained.
Last year Faq’s were as follows:
Address of correspondence:
The Chief Coordinator,
NEST 2018 National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
At/PO-Jatni, District- Khurda, PIN- 752050, Odisha, India
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.