JAM 2022 – IIT Roorkee has declared the JAM 2022 result at jam.iitr.ac.in. Candidates can download their scorecard at login. JAM 2022 is a computer-based test held for admission into M.Sc (2 years), Masters in Economics (2 years), Joint M.Sc – Ph.D, M.Sc – Ph.D Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor degree programmes. The admission in various institutes will be made on the rank obtained in JAM 2022. Those candidates who qualify in the entrance test are then required to take part in other admission processes. Get here the complete details about JAM 2022 from this page.
Every year Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM) is being organized by different IIT institutes. Since the IITs organize JAM exam, hence it is also referred to as IIT JAM. JAM is a national level entrance exam for admission to M.Sc, Joint M.Sc PhD, M.Sc PhD Dual Degree, and similar programs. Know here all about IIT JAM such as syllabus, application form, dates, exam pattern, eligibility, JOAPS.
|IIT JAM 2022||Important Dates|
|JAM Online Application Processing System Website Opens||25 Aug 2021|
|Last date to submit application form and upload documents|
14 Oct 2021
|Last date for Application fee payments||17 Oct 2021 (11:59 PM)|
|Application Form Correction||20-25 Oct 2021|
|Download JAM admit card from||16 Jan 2022|
|JAM 2022 exam date||13 Feb 2022|
|Release of candidates response sheet||16 Feb 2022|
|JAM Answer Key releases on||21 Feb 2022|
|Challenge answer key between||21 – 25 Feb 2022|
|Announcement of the Results||17 Mar 2022|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission||11 – 25 Apr 2022|
|Declaration of First Admission List||01 Jun 2022|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||16 Jun 2022|
|Declaration of Third Admission List||25 Jun 2022|
|Declaration of Fourth and Final Admission List||05 Jul 2022|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2022||11 Jul 2022|
JAM 2022 Travel Pass Notice
IIT Roorkee has released the notice to request all concerned to help and ensure a smooth movement of candidates to JAM 2022 examination centre. Check the complete notice from below image or Download notice PDF.
Notice In English
Notice In Hindi
JAM 2022 Admit Card
IIT Roorkee is responsible to release the admit card for JAM 2022. Candidates can download the admit card from iunder candidates login at jam.iitr.ac.in. Enrolment id /email id and password are required to download JAM 2022 admit card. Candidates must bring the printout of the admit card to the test centre along with a valid and original photo id. It contains information like exam date, exam timings, name and codes of the test papers applied, address of the exam centre etc.
JAM 2022 Application Form Correction Fee
Some changes in JAM 2022 submitted application form requires an additional fee to be paid. This fee paid is non – refundable. Check the amount given below:
Click here to check the correction fee
JAM 2022 Exam Pattern
- Examination Type – Objective type test
- Number of questions – 60
- Time Duration – 3 hours
- Marking Scheme – 60 questions carrying 100 marks
- Mode – Computer Based Test
- Language of Exam – Candidates may note that all questions will be in English language only.
|Section||Type of questions||Number of Questions||Time allotted|
|Section -A||Multiple Choice Questions||30||3 hours|
|Section -B||Multiple Select Questions||10|
|Section -C||Numerical Answer Type||20|
After the exam, IIT Roorkee releases JAM 2022 answer key in PDF format.
IIT JAM Syllabus
The syllabus consists of subjects taught at graduation level such as- Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Physics (PH). Candidates should have complete knowledge about the officially prescribed syllabus. The JAM 2022 Syllabus for the seven Papers specified as follows:
- JAM 2022 Biotechnology (BT) Syllabus
- JAM 2022 Chemistry (CY) Syllabus
- JAM 2022 Economics (EN) Syllabus
- JAM 2022 Geology (GG) Syllabus
- JAM 2022 Mathematics (MA) Syllabus
- JAM 2022 Mathematical Statistics (MS) Syllabus
- JAM 2022 Physics (PH) Syllabus
JAM 2022 Aplication Form
Eligible applicants can apply for JAM 2022 online mode only by logging into the application portal for which link is available at jam.iitr.ac.in. The candidate has to first register on JAM 2022 application portal, by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password. The candidate must give an E-mail address that he/she uses and checks frequently, as all communication to the candidate from JAM 2022 will be sent to this E-mail address. The candidate must not use somebody else’s E-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
JAM 2022 Application portal provides an online interface is given below point wise.
- Apply for the examination online.
- Upload photograph, signature, and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
- Check the status of the application form: Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit Card ready for download, etc.
- Download Admit Card.
- View answers, marks, and JAM Score.
- Download JAM Score Card.
- Download JAM Score Card.
Application fee for JAM 2022:
|Category||Fee for 1 Paper||Fee for 2 Paper|
|Females / SC / ST / PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 1050|
|Other Category||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2100|
Mode of payment of the application fee: Applicants can pay the application fee in online mode only. You can use either of the below-given forms of online payments:
- Net -banking account
- Credit card
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria Relaxed
Candidates must fulfil the eligibility requirement of IIT JAM. Only then they will be considered for admission. Requirements are as follows.
- Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM) is open for Indians, Foreigners both.
- Candidate should have a Bachelors degree.
General / OBC candidate should have scored at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 in aggregate marks or CGPA / CPI without rounding off (all subjects including language and subsidiaries of all years combined). SC / ST / PwD candidates should have a minimum score of 50% or 5.0 out of 10.
- Candidates must PASS the qualifying degree examination. In case if a candidate is promoted without a marksheet, the promotion certificate or a document accompanying the promotion certificate duly signed by the Head of the Institute must mention the subjects taken in that semester/year to evaluate the MEQ requirements for admission to a specific program.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degree are eligible to apply, subject to the admitting institute’s policy.
If CGPA / CPI is on a different scale, then qualifying exam marks will be calculated by mapping it linearly on a scale of 10.
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by September 30, 2022.
- It is entirely the responsibility of the Candidates to prove that they satisfy the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admission.
- The Admitting Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of candidates who are found to have been admitted to a Programme to which they are not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in effect.
JAM 2022 Result
JAM 2022 result is released by the IIT Roorkee. It is announced under candidates login at JOAPS, at jam.iitr.ac.in. In order to view the JAM 2022 result, the candidates need to enter enrollment id / email address and password. In the JAM 2022 scorecard, subject paper, total marks secured, All India Rank are provided. In case of candidates who has same score in the JAM 2022 exam, they need to follow the below mentioned criteria to solve the tie breaker:
- First of all, the scores of NAT section will be considered
- Then, the marks in MSQ section will be considered
- The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a higher rank
- Finally, the date of birth of the candidates is taken into account.
Participating Institutes and Courses
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. has a new participating Institute this year. IIT Dhanbad, earlier called as ISM Dhanbad, will also be grant admission in M.Sc. courses through JAM. Check all the JAM Participating Institutes and Courses Offered by it, from the table below:
|Participating Institute||Courses Offered|
|IIT Ropar||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Roorkee||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Patna||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Madras||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Kharagpur||Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes in:
|IIT Kanpur||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Jodhpur||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Indore||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Hyderabad||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Guwahati||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Gandhinagar||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Dhanbad||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
Six-semesters M.Sc (Tech) programmes in:
|IIT Delhi||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Bombay||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programmes in:
|IIT Bhubaneswar||Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes in:
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
|IIT Bhilai||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in:
Note: Apart from these, various Institutes like IISc Bangalore will also provide admission through JAM Examination.
JAM 2022 Conducting Body
This year, Although JAM 2022 is held at different centres across the country, the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is the Organizing Institute and has the overall responsibility of conducting JAM 2022. Below is the year-wise conducting bodies of JAM:
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is being conducted from 2004 to provide admissions to M.Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, etc. Programmes at the IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programmes at IISc for consolidating Science as a career option for bright students. These postgraduate programmes at IITs and IISc offer high-quality education in their respective disciplines, comparable to the best in the world. The curricula for these programmes are designed to provide opportunities to the students to develop academic talent leading to a challenging and rewarding professional life. JAM is a Computer Based Online Examination. Admission to most of the Academic Programmes at various institutes will be made on the basis of merit in JAM.
Official website: jam.iitr.ac.in
For more details of JAM 2022 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.