IIT JAM 2023 is being organized by IIT Guwahati. IIT Guwahati has released the admit card for IIT JAM 2023. Whereas, IIT JAM 2023 exam date is 12 February 2023. The Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM) is a National level Science entrance exam. It is conducted by IITG for admission to M.Sc, M.Sc (Tech), Joint M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-PhD Dual Degree, M.Sc-M.Tech Dual Degree, MS Research in IITs, NITs, and CFTIs. Students who wish to appear in IIT JAM exam can get here the latest news and preparation material including exam date, application form, syllabus, exam pattern, question papers.
IIT JAM 2023
About the exam: IIT JAM 2023 is short for Joint Admission Test for Masters. It is an Science entrance exam at the National level. Organized by IITG, IIT JAM is for admission to M.Sc, M.Sc (Tech), Joint M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-PhD Dual Degree, M.Sc-M.Tech Dual Degree, MS Research.
Direct Link for PwD candidates to upload scribe forms – Click here
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Application Form
- Application Form Correction
- Candidate Login
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Response Sheet
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Date
The IIT JAM 2023 exam date, application form release & last date, admit card release date, answer key date, result date are as follows.
|Important Events of IIT JAM Exam 2023||Dates|
|Release of notification||20 Jul 2022|
|Release of IIT JAM application form 2023||07 Sep 2022|
|Last date to apply at jam.iitg.ac.in|
|Last date to make payment by already registered candidates till||18 Oct 2022|
|Start of IIT JAM Application Form Correction 2023||10 Nov 2022|
|Last date to access the IIT JAM Application Form Correction Window||30 Nov 2022|
|IIT JAM 2023 Mock Test||03 Dec 2022|
|IIT JAM admit card 2023 release date|
|IIT JAM 2023 exam date||12 Feb 2023|
|Exams in Forenoon Session||Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA)|
|Exams in Afternoon Session||Biotechnology (BT), Economics (EN), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Physics (PH)|
|Issuance of answer key||TBA|
|IIT JAM 2023 result date and time||22 Mar 2023|
|Online Application for Admission||11 – 25 Apr 2023|
Candidates must keep checking jam.iitg.ac.in for any changes in the Joint Admission Test for Masters dates.
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Brochure
- Examination Cities
- Test Schedule
- Pattern of Test Papers
- Application Form – Application Procedure, Data Requirement, Application Fee, Photograph Requirements, Signature Requirements, Category Certificate, PwD Guidelines
- Admitting Institutes
- Result Sharing Institutes
- Available Courses
- Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admission
- Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Seat Matrix
IIT JAM Exam 2023 Overview
|Aspects of the IIT JAM Exam||Details|
|Name of Exam||IIT JAM 2023|
|Full Form||Joint Admission Test for Masters|
|Exam Organizing Body||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Type of Exam||Science entrance exam|
|Courses in which admission is through IIT JAM||M.Sc, M.Sc (Tech), Joint M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-PhD Dual Degree, M.Sc-M.Tech Dual Degree, MS Research|
|Colleges in which admission is through IIT JAM||IITs + around 30 CFTIs including NITs, IISc, DIAT, IIEST, IISER, IIPE, JNCASR, SLIET|
|Subjects / Papers of JAM 2023||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), Geology (GG), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Mathematics (MA), Physics (PH)|
|Number of Papers Candidates Can Appear In||Upto 2|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Number of seats||3000 seats in various postgraduate programmes at IITs + Around 2300 Seats in Other Institutes Accepting JAM scores|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Types of Questions||Fully objective type, with three types of questions: (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions|
|Total Number of Questions||60|
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
IITG releases the IIT JAM application form 2023 as per the timetable. Candidates must register for Joint Admission Test for Masters and apply before the last date. You should know the following about application form of JAM before you apply.
IIT JAM Application Form 2023 Date – Check the start and last date of IIT JAM 2023 application form at jam.iitg.ac.in. You have to apply before last date prescribed by IITG. Also, avoid waiting for deadline and apply for IIT JAM ASAP.
How to apply? – Check the step by step guide to apply at jam.iitg.ac.in. Also keep documents required for IIT JAM application form 2023. Then start applying. To apply, do the following:
- Go to the website and click the link to apply online for IIT JAM.
- Then register with basic details.
- After that enter personal, academic, contact info for the IIT JAM exam.
- Thereafter upload documents as per Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati guidelines.
- Finally pay the application fee.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of IIT JAM 2023 is as follows.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks|
|Section – A||30 MCQs |
– 10 Qs of 1 mark each
– 20 Qs of 2 mark each
|Section – B||10 MSQs of 2 marks each||20|
|Section – C||20 NAT|
– 10 Qs of 1 mark each
– 10 Qs of 2 mark each
|TOTAL||60 Questions||100 Marks|
Marking Scheme for MCQs
- Candidates get +1 or +2 marks for correct answer depending on question.
- The negative marking is -1/3 for 1 mark MCQs, and -2/3 for 2 mark MCQs
- Note that there is neither any negative marking nor partial marking in section B and C
Other aspects of the exam are as follows.
- Mode: IITG holds Joint Admission Test for Masters as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Duration: The exam will be of 3 hours.
- Type of questions: The questions in the question paper will be as follows – Fully objective type with three types of questions: (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Language of question paper: The IIT JAM question paper 2023 will be in these languages – English .
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus
The IIT JAM syllabus indicates important topics to study for Joint Admission Test for Masters. You should have a firm grasp on all topics in the IIT JAM syllabus for a high score. Check the jam.iitg.ac.in, IIT JAM brochure, and instructions by IITG on most important topics for the IIT JAM 2023 exam.
IIT JAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
You should check all the eligibility conditions of Joint Admission Test for Masters before you apply. It is also good to check eligibility criteria of universities, colleges where you seek admission through IIT JAM. Some of the important points IIT JAM eligibility criteria for 2023-24 are as follows:
Age Limit – There is no age restriction.
Educational Qualification – To apply for admission to a desired programme, a candidate is required to qualify in the relevant Test Paper, satisfy the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) and Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) of the respective Academic Programme and any other requirements of the Admitting Institute
For complete eligibility criteria, refer to official website jam.iitg.ac.in and information brochure.
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
IITG issues the IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card as per schedule. Candidates should download the hall ticket before the Joint Admission Test for Masters. The admit card of IIT JAM exam indicates roll number, exam center, exam date and timing. It is mandatory to take the admit card with other documents it mentions, to the exam center, on exam day.
- Release Date – The IIT JAM admit card 2023 release date is as per decision of IITG. Please refer the dates table above
- Download Link – Candidates can get download the IIT JAM admit card from the download link at jam.iitg.ac.in.
- How to download IIT JAM admit card? – Candidates need to go to jam.iitg.ac.in. Then click the IIT JAM 2023 login or IIT JAM admit card download link. Then sign in with user id, password. After downloading the hall ticket of Joint Admission Test for Masters, candidates should keep multiple copies of it.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Centres
IIT Guwahati will hold the JAM 2023 exam at centers in the following cities.
IIT JAM 2023 Answer Key
Candidates can check the IIT JAM answer key after exam. The answer key of Joint Admission Test for Masters tells you the correct answers of all questions in the IIT JAM 2023 question paper. Also, one can calculate marks and predict result. There are usually the following types of answer key for IIT JAM
- Unofficial Answer Key – This refers to the answer keys by Science entrance exam coaching centers. The educators publish IIT JAM answer key to help students know answers.
- IIT JAM 2023 Official Answer Key – IITG releases the official answer key of IIT JAM 2023 at its discretion. Candidates can download it from jam.iitg.ac.in as per schedule.
IIT JAM 2023 Result
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati declares the IIT JAM result as per the schedule.
- IIT JAM 2023 result date and time – The IITG decides the result date and time for IIT JAM 2023. Check the dates section for the same.
- Link– You can get the direct link to check IIT JAM result at the official website i.e. jam.iitg.ac.in.
- How to check IIT JAM result? – To check the result, go to the official website jam.iitg.ac.in and click on the result link. You can check the IIT JAM result as score card, rank card, merit list, or rank list depending on what IITG publishes. You can either download IIT JAM merit list pdf or login to download IIT JAM rank card or score card as per their availability.
Phone: (0361) 2586500
Email: [email protected]
Organizing Chair, JAM 2023
GATE – JAM Office
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati – 781 039, Assam, India
Qs 1. What is IIT JAM exam?
Ans 1. The IIT JAM exam is a Science entrance exam. The IITG organizes it. On the basis of performance in Joint Admission Test for Masters, one gets admission in M.Sc, M.Sc (Tech), Joint M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-PhD Dual Degree, M.Sc-M.Tech Dual Degree, MS Research in IITs, NITs, and CFTIs.
Qs 2. How can I apply for IIT JAM 2023?
Ans 2. You can apply for IIT JAM 2023 by doing registration and filling the application form. Visit jam.iitg.ac.in to apply. To submit your application you need to give your personal, contact, academic details in the form.
Qs 3. Who can appear in the Joint Admission Test for Masters?
Ans 3. Those who satisfy the eligibility criteria can appear in IIT JAM exam.
Qs 4. What is the official website?
Ans 4. The official website is jam.iitg.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.