JAM 2020 Result – Application form for admission is available now. Earlier, dates to submit the admission application form based on JAM 2020 Result had been postponed. Check the schedule table below. IIT Kanpur had declared JAM result on JOAPS portal, joaps.iitk.ac.in. The result can be checked using enrollment id / e-mail id and password. The candidates can check their marks out of 100, all India rank, qualifying marks / cutoff marks in the paper, name, photo, etc. in the result of JAM 2020. The qualified candidates can take admission in IIT and IISc after qualifying JAM 2020. Scroll down to know more about JAM 2020 result such as process to check it, details mentioned on scorecard, admission process etc.
- Admission Application Form has been released online. Fill the form here.
- Admission Application Form dates have been extended.
- JAM 2020 result is out. Candidates can download the scorecard through the link given below.
JAM 2020 Result
Rank allotted to the candidates is based on the performance of the candidates in the test. This year a total of 14,623 candidates have secured marks above the paper specific cut-offs. That is 23% of the appeared candidates have qualified the exam. Check the table given below for more information about JAM 2020 result.
|JAM 2020 Result||Important Dates|
|JAM 2020 exam date||09 Feb 2020|
|Date for declaration of Result|
|JAM 2020 score card is available from||31 Mar 2020|
|Availability of admission application form post |
|Last date to submit the admission application form|
|Release of first admission list|
|Last date to pay seat booking fee for first admission list|
|Release of second admission list|
|Last date to pay seat booking fee for second admission list|
|Seat Withdrawal window|
|Availability of third/final admission list|
|Last date to pay seat booking fee for third admission list|
|Closure of Admission|
Check Result Here: Click here to check JAM 2020 result and scorecard.
Important Points to Keep in Mind After the JAM 2020 Announcement of Result
There are some points that candidates are required to keep in mind after the declaration of results. Check the points given below.
- The admission application form is only available at JOAPS website.
- A candidate can apply to more than one programme based on the test papers he / she has qualified after fulfilling the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the admitting institutes.
- The admission form must specify all the programmes at IITs in their order of preferences where the candidate is willing to take admission.
- If the payment against the admission form is not done, then, even if the candidates are fulfilling the ER and MEQ of that programme, they are not considered for the admission.
- In order to check the information about the admission, they must check the official website of the exam conducting body as well as their registered e-mail id and mobile number.
Admission Process After the Announcement of JAM 2020 Result?
After the announcement of result, the qualified candidates need to fill the admission form at JOAPS portal, joaps.iitk.ac.in. The candidates are required to login at JAM Online Application Process System using Enrollment Id and password and check if they are qualified. Only the qualified candidates can apply for admission. While applying, candidates have to enter details like the choice of the programmes, percentage of marks / CGPA, educational qualifications, PwD status, category etc.
Admission application fee: The candidates are required to pay Rs 600. This fee is non-refundable and has to be paid online using a credit card, debit card or net-banking.
Documents to upload: Scanned copies of following documents, in PDF format, must be kept ready before applying.
- Class 10th Certificate
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Qualifying Degree Mark sheets of all semesters/ years
- For General Category, Nationality Certificate is required. It can be Birth Certificate/ Voter ID/ 1st page of Passport/ School Transfer Certificate/ Nationality Certificate issued by Government/ Aadhaar Card.
- For OBC-NCL, EWS, SC and ST candidates, category certificate is required.
- PwD Certificate is required for PwD category applicants.
Process After Filling the Application Form
There are 3 admission lists released for the qualified candidates over the official website of the conducting body.
- After submitting the admission form, the preferences of the candidates and ranks of the candidates are taken into consideration.
- After considering all these points, the first admission list for each programme is published on the official website.
- The candidates whose names are present in the admission list are required to submit the acceptance form with the advanced seat booking fee.
- If the seats remain vacant, then, the organizing institute publishes second admission list and the selected candidates have to submit the acceptance form and seat booking fee.
- If there are some seats left after the second admission list, then, the organizing institute releases the third and final admission list against which the candidates have to submit the acceptance form and seat booking fee.
Seat Booking Fee
|Catgeory||Seat Booking Fee|
|General / OBC-NCL / EWS||Rs 10,000|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 5000|
Note for OBC – NCL / EWS candidates: The candidates belonging to the above categories are required to upload a valid OBC – NCL / EWS certificate issued after March 31, 2019. The candidates who will not submit the required document will be considered in General category.
Seat Intake at Various IITs
The seat intake at various IITs according to the number of seats available and availability of courses is provided here. The seats are allotted according to the categories of the students.
Click Here to check the distribution of seats at various IITs.
JAM 2020 Result Statistics
Here are a few important statistics for JAM 2020 result:
How to Check JAM 2020 Result / Download Scorecard?
Candidates need to follow the steps given below for checking their respective results. Check the steps given below for the same:
Step 1: Click on the link given above or go to the official website.
Step 2: After clicking on the link mentioned above, enter the details as received after registration that are asked in the login window.
Step 3: Then, enter the enrollment id / e-mail id and password.
Step 4: After entering all the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.
Step 5: As and when you submit the details, the result is displayed on your screen.
Step 6: Download the result and take multiple printouts of the scorecard when the scorecard is available.
JAM 2020 Scorecard
Soon after the declaration of results, the scorecard for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc is released. The qualified candidates can download JAM 2020 scorecard at jam.iitk.ac.in. The scorecard can be downloaded from.
Details Mentioned on JAM 2020 Scorecard
The scorecard of JAM 2020 consists of numerous important details. Check the list of the details given below that is mentioned on the scorecard.
|Name of the candidate||Registration number|
|Test Paper name and code||No. of candidates appeared|
in test paper
|Marks scores out of 100||All India Rank|
|Qualifying marks||Photograph & signature|
Compilation of JAM 2020 Merit List
As results are announced in the form of a merit list, the following given points are kept in mind while preparing the merit list. The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List depends on the total number of seats available in each category specifically in (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, EWS, PwD).
The marking scheme which is applied for the calculation of ranks is given below.
How are scores for JAM 2020 calculated?
- Unattempted questions fetch 0 marks
- For 1 marker questions, 01 marks are awarded
- For 2 marks questions, 02 marks are awarded
- For 1 marker questions, -⅓ marks will be deducted
- For 2 marker questions. -⅔ marks will be deducted
How is All India Rank calculated?
All India Rank (AIR) is calculated according to the performance of the candidates in JAM. The ranks are assigned to all the appeared candidates.
Tie – Breaker Criteria for JAM 2020
If in case two or more candidates have the same marks or ranks, then the following tie resolving criteria will be followed.
- The candidates with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be allotted a higher rank.
- If the tie is still there, then, the candidates will be awarded the same rank.
JAM 2020 Cut – Off
Cut – Off scores are released for the candidates who want to take admission in any institute. It basically refers to the minimum qualifying marks that candidates need to get in order to take admission. It gets released at the official website of the exam conducting body. Candidates can have an idea about the previous year cut – off from the information given below.
Admitting Institutes of JAM 2020
Check the name of the IITs who will accept the scores of JAM 2020.
|IIT Mandi||IISc Bangalore|
|IIT Bhilai||IIT Bhubaneshwar|
|IIT Delhi||IIT Dhanbad|
|IIT Guwahati||IIT Hyderabad|
|IIT Indore||IIT Jodhpur|
|IIT Kanpur||IIT Madras|
|IIT Palakkad||IIT Roorkee|
|IIT Ropar||IIT Tirupati|
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||IIT Patna|
|IIT Kharagpur||IIT Gandhinagar|
JAM 2020 Result Sharing Institutes
Following given are the result sharing institutes of JAM 2020.
- IISER Bhopal
- IIEST Shibpur
- MNIT Jaipur
- NIT Calicut
- NIT Jalandhar
- NIT Meghalaya
- NIT Nagaland
- NIT Rourkela
- NIT Sikkim
- NIT Suratkal
- NIT Warangal
- SLIET Punjab
- VNIT Nagpur
- NIT Jamshedpur
- NIT Silchar
- IISc Bangalore
- IISER Pune
- IISER Tirupati
- NIT Silchar
- NIT Srinagar
- NIT Thiruchirrapalli
- NIT Manipur
- NIT Agartala
- MNNIT Allahabad
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Hamirpur
- VNIT Nagpur
- NIT Arunachal Pradesh
About JAM 2020
Joint Admission Test is conducted to offer admission into various M.Sc programmes. It is a computer-based exam and is conducted for the six papers in total. IIT Kanpur is the exam conducting body of JAM. The duration of JAM 2020 is 3 hours. It consists of total 60 questions which includes multiple-choice questions, multiple-selective questions, numerical answer type questions. There is a negative marking in the exam.
About IIT Kanpur
IIT Kanpur is the organising body of JAM 2020. Indian Institute of Technology situated at Kanpur was established in the year 1960. IIT was ranked at 291 by QS World Rankings for 2020. It was ranked 61 in QS World Rankings in the year 2019. It was ranked 5th among engineering colleges in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework. IIT Kanpur offers 4 year B.Tech programmes in aerospace engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering and many more. It offers PG programmes too.
JAM 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The result is prepared on the basis of the Marking Scheme. A merit list for each subject will be released on the official website afterwards. All the candidates in the Merit list will depend upon the total number of seats available in each category.
Ans : The cut off releases after the declaration of the result. If you secure the minimum qualifying cut off then you have passed the JAM 2020.
Ans : The cut off for JAM 2020 will be released after the declaration of the Result.
Ans : The validity of the JAM 2020 scorecard is 1 year.
Ans : Candidates can apply for the JAM 2020 admission via JOAPS as per the schedule. After the declaration of the Result, Joint Counselling is held online.
Ans : Candidates can check their Result by login with your Enrollment Number and Password.
Ans : After you qualify the JAM exam, you can apply for the admission procedure on the official website as per the schedule.
Ans : The First set of offers will be made in the 1st week of June 2020 will be sent by Email/ SMS. It will also be uploaded on the official website.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.