JAM Application Form 2020 – The application process for JAM has been finished now. Residents of J&K, fulfilling eligibility criteria can only choose Jammu, New Delhi, and Greater Noida as exam centre choice now. Those who still does not make any correction in the application form after the reopen window has closed, their form will be rejected. The admit card will release on the official website. Candidates need to downlaod the admit card from the official website once it releases. At the examination center you need to carry the admit card as a hard copy format and an original ID Proof. Check more details on JAM Application Form 2020 from this page.
JAM Application Form 2020
As per the sources, approx 84000 candidates appeared for IIT JAM last year. Candidates can check the complete schedule for IIT JAM Application Form 2020 from the table below.
|JAM Application Form 2020||Important Dates|
|JAM 2020 Applicatio Form releases on||05 Sep 2019|
|Last date to submit JAM Application Form 2020 is|
|Application form reopens for J&K candidates||22 – 28 Nov 2019|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2020 Website||09-22 Apr 2020|
|Last Date for Receipt of Form correction in the Admission Form||04 May 2020|
|JAM 2020 exam date||09 Feb 2020|
Apply Here: Click here to access JOAPS and fill JAM Application Form 2020 (Only for J&K candidates).
Application Process is over now!!!
Important instructions for JAM 2020 Application Form for J&K candidates
The candidates can check below the important instruction specifically for the JAM application form facility for J&K candidates:
– The form correction window has been opened only for those candidates of J&K who can prove residency.
– The examination city choices for any new registration during this period are fixed and cannot be changed. These are: Jammu, New Delhi and Greater Noida.
– Additional documents may be requested from the candidates who register during this period.
– In case the candidate is unable to prove that they belongs to J&K for residence and/or studies, their registration shall be cancelled and there shall be no refund of the application fee.
JAM Application Fee 2020
To submit the JAM Application Form, the aspirants need to pay the following amount of the application fee. A candidate can choose to appear for either one or two Test Paper(s). Aspirants need to pay the JAM 2020 Application fee on the basis of the number of paper they wish to appear for. Check the application fee from the table below.
|Category||Application Fee for 01 paper||Application fee for 02 papers|
|Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 1050|
|For other category candidates||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2100|
Mode of Payment: Aspirants need to pay the requisite amount of the application fee by online mode using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Furthermore, additional bank charges may apply for the transaction depending on the payment option and are specified on the payment portal.
Documents Required While Filling JAM Application Form 2020
At the time of registration and filling in details in JAM Application Form, it is advised that a candidate should keep the following list of documents ready. This will ensure that you provide only correct information in the JAM 2020 Form.
- Qualifying degree certificate
- High-quality image of your passport-size photograph
- High-quality image of your signature
- Scanned copy of the Category (SC/ST) Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- ID proof like Aadhaar ID, College ID, Driving License, Employee ID, PAN Card, Passport, or Voter ID
- A valid Email ID
- An active Mobile number
Image Specifications for JAM Application Form
In the IIT JAM 2020 Application Form, you need to upload the scanned images of your passport size photo, signature as per the format and specifications provided below.
|Images to Upload||Dimension||Format||File Size|
|Photograph||3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height||JPEG||5KB to 200KB|
|Signature||2 cm Height × 7 cm Width||JPEG||5KB to 100KB|
Important Instructions for Uploading Photograph
- The photograph must be a colour photograph and should match with your appearance on the day of the examination.
- The photo should be taken after 01 August 2019
- The background of the photograph must be white or a very light colour.
- Your face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a full-face view looking into the camera directly
- Main features of your face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow.
- Do not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses for the photograph
Samples of Photograph for JAM Application Form
Important Instructions for Uploading Signature
- For scanning the signature, draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on a white paper and sign on it with black or dark blue ink pen.
- The signature should be done within this box horizontally.
- A signature with all CAPITAL LETTERS, Initials or in any other color (other than black and blue) are not acceptable.
- The maximum image size of the signature is 160×560 in pixels and the minimum image size of the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.
Samples of Signature for JAM Application Form
Details to be Entered in JAM Application Form 2020
In the JAM Application Form, the aspirants need to provide the following information:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.) – Name of the candidate should be exactly be the same as per the qualifying degree certificate.
- Address for communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- JAM paper(s)
- Choice of JAM examination cities
- Scanned Image of the candidate’s photograph as per the specification
- Scanned image of the candidate’s signature as per the specification
- Scanned copy of the Category (SC/ST) Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID) – For the Personal ID information you will require any of these ID proof, Aadhaar ID, College ID, Driving License, Employee ID, PAN Card, Passport, or Voter ID
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
How to Fill the IIT JAM Application Form 2020?
The application process for JAM 2020 is to be done completely by online mode only. To apply for JAM 2020 simply follow the step-by-step instructions as provided below:
Step 1: Register at JOAPS
- Click on the direct link which is provided on this page to register for JAM 2020.
- Next, the candidates need to register online by entering their name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.
- After entering the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- On submitting the registration details, the aspirants will get an email and SMS at their registered email id and mobile number.
Step 2: Login at JOAPS
- Once the registration process is done, the candidates need to login at JOAPS using their Enrollment ID/ Email ID and Password.
- Click on the “Submit” button and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Fill in details in the JAM Application Form
- In order to fill-in details in the Application form, click on the “Edit Application Form” button”.
- In the Application form, you need to select the number of test paper(s) you want to appear in JAM 2020 from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the exam details, you have to provide your personal details, academic details, communication details.
Step 4: Upload necessary images in the JAM Application Form
- Click on the “Choose File” button to upload the images.
- After uploading the images, tick on the checkbox for Declaration.
Step 5: Pay the application fee
- Once you have uploaded the images, the next step is to pay the application fee.
- However, before you proceed to pay the
JAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who wish to apply for JAM 2020 must ensure that they fulfill the following eligibility required as provided below:
Age Limit: There is no age restriction for the candidates to apply for IIT JAM.
Minimum Educational Qualification for Admission
- Applicants with color blindness and/or Uni-ocularity are not eligible for JAM 2020.
- In order to do fieldwork, persons with disability (PwD) category candidates should be able to walk in the field without assistance/escort (on-road and/or off-road conditions).
Eligibility Requirements for Admission to IITs
Those who qualify for JAM 2020 have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admissions to IITs.
- Aspirants should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Candidates should have obtained at least 55% or 5.5 CGPA/CPI out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates, and 50% or 5.0 CGPA/CPI out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
JAM Test Centers 2020
IIT Kanpur is conducting JAM 2020 in collaboration with eight zones. At the time of filling in details in JAM 2020 Application Form, candidates need to specify the choice of their test centers. When an applicant makes the first choice of test center, the zone gets determined and the candidates will be able to choose the second choice city from the same zone. However, they can choose third choice from anywhere in India including from the same zone. ‘
|IISc Bangalore||– Bengaluru|
– Mangaluru (Mangalore)
|IIT Bombay||– Ahmedabad|
|IIT Delhi Zone||– Faridabad|
– Greater Noida
– New Delhi
– Asansol – Durgapur
|IIT Kanpur||– Agra|
– Prayagraj (Allahabad)
|IIT Kharaghpur||– Bhubaneswar|
|IIT Madras||– Chennai|
|IIT Roorkee||– Dehradun|
JAM Application Form Status 2020
As per the information provided on the JAM 2020 official website, the candidates will be intimated about the status of their application through E-mail and/or SMS. Hence, it is important that at the time of filling in details in the JAM 2020 Application form, the candidates provide a valid and active email id and mobile number. Furthermore, the status of an application can also be checked at any point of time by logging in JOAPS using their Enrollment ID/ Email ID and Password.
JAM Application Form Correction 2020
Once the candidates have paid the fee and submitted the form, they cannot change any detail in the JAM 2020 Application Form. Therefore, before you submit the JAM 2020 application, please ensure that all the details and all the necessary supporting documents are filled/uploaded and there are no errors in the form.
However, after submitting an application, if a candidate decides to appear in other test paper or to change test paper(s), he/she can add additional test center or can change the test paper(s) before the closing date in the earlier submitted application form. In such cases the candidate has to pay an additional fee online before the last date of submitting the form
JAM 2020 Additional Fee for Addition or Change of Test Paper(s)
Change Category or Gender in JAM Application Form 2020
In case if you have wrongly entered the Category or Gender in the IIT JAM Application Form 2020, you will be allowed to change the Category or Gender using the JOAPS portal by paying an additional fee as per the image below. All such candidates have to pay the additional fee online only, on or before October 21, 2019.
JAM 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can apply for JAM through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS). The link for JOAPS is provided on this page. Candidates have to register first on JOAPS portal by entering their Name, a valid email address, a mobile number and a password.
Ans : The mode of the JAM 2020 Application Form is Online mode only.
Ans : Application fee for JAM 2020 is Rs. 1500 (for one Test paper) and Rs. 2100 (For Two Test papers). The Application fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PwD is Rs. 750 (for one Test Paper) and Rs. 1050 (For two test papers).
Ans : You can edit your Application form as soon as the JAM 2020 Application form corrections starts on the official website.
Ans : You can login to JOAPS website one hour later to check the Application fee status. If you have paid the fees and it is not showing then you have to pay the Application Fee once again. In case the Application fee has been debited from your Bank account but the Payment Status is showing Fee Pending/ Not Paid, then the amount paid will be credited to your account within 7 working days.
Ans : The maximum size of the scanned passport size photograph should be 480 x 640 in pixels and the minimum size of the photo should be 240 x 320 in pixels. The file size of the image should be between 5Kb to 200 Kb. The maximum size of image of the signature should be 160 x 560 pixels. The minimum size should be 80 x 280 pixels. The file size of the image should be between 5Kb to 100Kb. The format of the image and signature file should be JPEG only.
Ans : All the candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of minimum 55 % marks.
Ans : You can take a print out of the Application Form by connecting the printer to the system.
Ans : After the fee payment, you will be redirected to the JOAPS website where a confirmation page will open up of the fee payment. This way you can know whether your Application fee has been submitted or not.
What is JAM Admission Form 2020?
The admission form is released after the declaration of IIT JAM 2020 Result. It is released online at the official website of JAM and can be filled by those candidates who have qualified the entrance test. JAM 2020 Admission Form is released for admission to any of the Academic Programmes available at IITs. On the basis of the test paper(s) qualified, an applicant can apply to one or more academic programmes covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institutes.
JAM Admit Card 2020
After the application process is over, the registered candidates are issued the IIT JAM 2020 Admit Card. It is released online at JOAPS portal and to download it applicants require to provide their Enrollment number/ email id and password. On the day of the exam, you need to carry a hard copy of the IIT JAM Admit Card along with a valid id proof as selected at the time of filling in details in the application form. Candidates get to know the test centre allocated to them through JAM 2020 Admit Card only.
Joint Admission Test (JAM) is an all-India examination jointly conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institute of Science on a rotational basis. The entrance exam is held every year to shortlist candidates for admission to M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree programmes at the IITs and to the Integrated PhD programmes at IISc.
About IIT Kanpur
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Kanpur was established in the year 1959. It is a public engineering institution located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh and was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act. The institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP). There are around 6478 students with 3938 undergraduate students and 2540 postgraduate students and about 500 research associates.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.