WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 – The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) will not conduct the JEEDEC Examination. This is due to the ongoing COVID pandemic situation. JEEDEC 2020 conducted for admission into five-year evening courses for a bachelor’s degree in Civil/Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering at Jadavpur University. The exam is conducted in an offline manner. Interested candidates can apply for the application form from the official website i.e. wbjeeb.in. Candidates must check all the eligibility before applying for the application form. Stay tuned to the article to get more information and the latest updates regarding application form, eligibility criteria etc for WBJEE JEEDEC 2020.
– WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 has released the notice regarding counselling & admission.Scroll down to check it.
– WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 will not be conducted, due to ongoing COVID pandemic situation. Scroll down to check it.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020
It is advised to go through all the important dates & events regarding the same to avoid any further confusion. In the schedule below we have provided important dates pertaining to WBJEE JEEDEC 2020.
|Online application with payment of fees||08 – 21 Jun 2020|
|Online correction and downloading revised confirmation page||22 – 23 Jun 2020|
|Release of Admit Card|
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Latest Update
24 Nov 2020 – WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 has released the notice regarding counselling & admission. Check the more details below notice image.
13 Nov 2020 – WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 will not be conducted, due to ongoing COVID pandemic situation. Check the notice below image.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Application Form Correction
The exam conducting board provides applicants with the opportunity to rectify their mistakes they committed while filling out the application form but the conducting body doesn’t provide the leverage of rectifying the primary errors like Father or Mother’s name, Candidates name, date of birth, Gender. The applicant can change the other errors in the application form for the prescribed amount of time as the correction window opens for some particular time period. Candidate must note that the examination Board will not make any changes in the name of the candidate.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria of the course before filling the application form. Applicants can read the eligibility criteria from below:
Nationality – The candidate should be a citizen of India.
Age Limit – There is no lower or upper age limit for the candidates to apply for JEEDEC 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must have passed diploma examination from the UGC recognized Indian University / Government / Statutory Body in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point (at least 45% marks or equivalent grade point for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD).
- Applicant must obtain “No Objection Certificate “ .
- Candidate have at least one year’s relevant experience from present employer in the respective field since the publication of his/ her Diploma Examination result.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Application Form
Candidate has to register themselves first for applying to the course. After checking all the eligibility criteria candidates can fill the application form from the official website. Candidates must review the form before submitting it. While filling out the application form candidates must have scanned images of both, photograph and signature with them.
Application Fee: At the time of submitting the application form candidates have to pay the fee of Rs 500/- which is non-refundable under any circumstances. Candidates have to pay the application fee in online mode. The fee can be paid via Net Banking, Debit Card or through Credit card only.
Image Specifications for filling WBJEE JEEDEC Application Form-
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG||3 kb to 100 KB||4×3 cm|
|SIgnature||JPG/JPEG||3 KB to 30 KB||4×1.5 cm|
- The image of the candidate should be recent.
- Low quality images ( like taken from a mobile phone) will automatically result in rejection of the application form.
- The photograph should be taken in the subtle or light color background.
- Dark spectacles and tinted glasses should be avoided.
- Candidate face should occupy 50% of the photograph and it should be camera facing.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Admit Card
After successfully submitting the application form candidate will be able to download the admit card as per the schedule from the official website with the help of Application Number and Password. Without admit card no candidate will be able to sit in the examination hall. Candidate must carry the hard copy of the downloaded admit card along with the colored photographs which must be identical to the photograph uploaded at the time of application form and one govt. issued ID like passport, aadhar it should be original and non – expired.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Exam Pattern
Applicants must know the exam pattern to prepare for the exam. Candidates can read the exam pattern mentioned below:
- Mode of the Exam – Offline.
- Duration – 2 hours.
- Language – English.
- No. of Questions – 50.
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total Marks – 100.
- For every correct answer, you will get +2 marks.
- There is negative marking and hence for an incorrect answer, -1/2 marks will be deducted (25% negative marks)
- If more than one option is selected for a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer. This means that -1/2 marks will be deducted (25% negative marks)
- For a question left unanswered, no marks will be added or deducted.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates must know the right way or efficient way to prepare for the exam. Read below the some preparation tips that might help you out to score good marks.
- Make Notes – It’s the best way to make facts remember while covering any topic make notes or some important points side by side so that it’ll help you in the last minute revision and at the same time you’ll cover the important points.
- Prepare a Timetable – Aspirants must make the timetable this will help you in devoting an equal amount of time for every subject.It will definitely help the examinee more confident about his/her preparation for every subject.
- Solve last year Model Question Papers – Candidates should practise more and more sample papers or last year papers as much as possible. It will help you to know the pattern of exam as well as what type of questions can come in the exam.
- Daily Revision – Aspirants must daily do revision whatever they learn or read must revise again before starting any further topic. As, without revision there’s no benefit of studying the new topic next day.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Exam Center
Candidates don’t have to choose the exam center in the application form. As, the conducting body will conduct the WBJEE JEEDEC Exam only in Kolkata. Candidate have to appear a the allotted center as per the schedule.
WBJEE JEEDEC Syllabus 2020
Candidates can check the courses which will be covered in WBJEE JEEDEC Syllabus from below:
- Civil Engineering.
The syllabus of civil engineering is divided into two parts Applied Mechanics and General Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Production Engineering.
Candidates can check the full syllabus in detail from here – WBJEE JEEDEC Syllabus
WBJEE JEEDEC Result 2020
After the examination, the result will be declared by the conducting body at its official website. The candidate will be able to check the result with the login credentials application number and password. The result will be declared in the form of rank cards. Rank cards will not be sent to any candidate via post. Candidate has to download and must take a print of it for future reference. Ranks will be given as General Merit Rank (GMR). Ranks will be given to only qualified candidates and will be called for the counseling later.
WBJEE JEEDEC Selection Procedure 2020
WBJEE conducts entrance exam for admission to JEEDEC. Candidates have to qualify the WBJEE JEEDEC Entrance Exam only after then candidate will be able to sit for the next round which includes counselling. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of scores in the entrance exam.While, in WBJEE JEEDEC Counselling candidate have to bring all the original and self attested documents for the verification of documents round. Candidate who will pass both the rounds by qualifying all the eligibility criteria will be admitted to the course.
WBJEE JEEDEC Counselling 2020
After the declaration of result, the counseling process will begin for the qualified candidates. Candidates will be called for counseling via notification on the website. The counselling will be conducted by Jadavpur University. Candidates must register themselves for the counselling round and attend on the allotted date and center to reserve the seat. At the time of counseling verification of documents will be done. Therefore, candidates must carry all the documents at the counselling time. Those candidates who will not register themselves will not be able to sit in the counselling.
WBJEE JEEDEC Domicile Certificates 2020
Candidates who will take admission in the reserved category seats will be required the West Bengal Domicile Certificate as it will be required at the time of counselling.
- Candidate who is residing in the West Bengal from last 10 years continuously.
- Candidates parents living in the West Bengal having the permanent address.
WBJEE JEEDEC Reservation 2020
The rules of the Government of the West Bengal will be followed at the time of admission in respect of reservation for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD candidates. Category seats will be reserved for only candidates from West Bengal. Candidates claiming for the reserve seats have to show the relevant certificate at the time of counselling.
WBJEE JEEDEC Seat Matrix 2020
It should be noted that candidate can apply for admission to the same course in which he/she has qualified the diploma course. Therefore, seats related to various courses will be notified later.
WBJEE JEEDEC Question Papers
Candidates can prepare or check their level of preparation by solving the last year question papers. Check the last year papers from below.
- JEEDEC 2018 Civil Engineering – Get here.
- JEEDEC 2018 Mechanical Engineering – Get here.
- JEEDEC 2018 Electrical Engineering – Get here.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) established in the year 1962. The board conducts Joint Entrance Examination for various courses in admission of different institutes of West Bengal.The board conducts entrance exam for admission at both Graduation and Post Graduation level.WBJEE Joint Entrance Examination for Degree Evening Courses (JEEDEC) is for admission of candidates into five year courses in civil,Mechanical and Electrical ENgineering in Jadavpur University.
Official Website: wbjeeb.in.
For more details of WBJEE JEEDEC 2020, Candidate can download Information Brochure.
In case if you have any queries regarding the WBJEE JEEDEC 2020, then let us know in the comment section below.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Follow these steps to apply for WBJEE JEEDEC 2020. >> Candidate must register themselves first. >> Candidate after registering can apply for an application form from the official website. >> After this stage, the candidate fills all the information and upload the necessary documents. >> Pay the application fee and submit it. >> Now, the candidate must not forget to take print of the application form.
Ans : Candidate enter the details of application number and click on the “Forgot Password” after this email will be sent to the registered number or OTP to the registered number after this you can reset the new password.
Ans : No, the candidate can fill the application form in the online mode only.
Ans : The email will be sent to the user or the applicant on the registered email id or via registered phone number.
Ans : The list of minimum marks will be notified on the website.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.