WBJEE JEEDEC 2018, The Board has been empowered to conduct Common Entrance Examinations for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Professional and Vocational Courses. Joint Entrance Examination for Entry to the 1st year to study in five year evening course for Bachelor Degree in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering in is going to be conduct by Jadavpur University at Jadavpur University for the academic year 2018-19. The Joint Entrance Examination for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 will be organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Get here complete details such as WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 application form, admit card, results.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2018
Candidates will fill their application for Bachelor Degree course in Engineering from the official website wbjeeb.in as per given schedule. Those who fill their application on time will be eligible to download the admit card/hall ticket of JEEDEC 2018 for examination which will be held in the month of June 2018.
Schedule for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||16 Mar 2018|
|Last date for filling up the form and payment of fee|
|Last date for downloading the confirmation Page||10 Apr 2018|
|Admit card available from||14 Jun 2018|
|Date of written examination||23 Jun 2018|
|The date for publication of result||2nd week of Jul 2018|
|Counselling||Will be announced|
WBJEEB JEEDEC Application Form 2018
Application form of WBJEEB JEEDEC 2018 is now available as per the schedule. Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility. Interested candidates can get the complete details of application form of WBJEEB JEEDEC 2018 from March 16, 2018, onwards.
Note: WBJEEB does neither verify the information provided by the candidate during online application nor verify any certificate of date of birth, domicile, income, reservation category, academic qualification etc. for deciding the eligibility of the candidate. Admit cards issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. Also, there is no scope for changing/correcting any information after the last date of online application.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must have qualified Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in Science Stream in a regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board with Individual pass mark in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Must have passed Diploma Examination from UGC recognized Indian University / Government / Statutory Body in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent Grade Point (at least 45% marks or equivalent Grade Point for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/Pwd) and with at least 60% marks in mathematics (at least 45% marks in mathematics for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/Pwd).
- The candidate must also obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ for the course of study from his/her employer.
WBJEE JEEDEC Admit Card 2018
Admit Card of WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 for each eligible applicant will be available to download after the successful completion of application process until the day of the exam. Applicant should download the Admit Card for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 and carry the hard copy of it along with him/her to the Examination Centre allocated by WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 organizers WBJEEB.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 Exam Pattern
Date of Examination – 23rd June 2018 (Saturday)
No further examination shall be held under any circumstances for those who will not be able to appear on the above scheduled date and time of JEEDEC-2018 examination.
The paper will contain fifty (50) MCQ ( Multiple Choice Question) type questions, with four answer options each. Each question carries 2 marks, full mark of the paper is 100 and duration of the test are 2 hours. The questions will be in English language only. examination mode will be pen paper.
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- A correct response will yield 2 (two) mark.
- An incorrect response will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero marks.
Mode of answering in the examination:
- Questions are to be answered on specially designed optical machine-readable response (OMR) sheet, which will be evaluated by the method of Optical Mark Recognition by specially designed machines and therefore it is very important to follow the correct method of marking.
- There will be 4 (four) alternative answers for each question. Candidate will indicate a response to the questions by darkening the appropriate circle completely with blue/black ball point pen.
- Any other kind of marking e.g. filling the bubble incompletely, filling with pencil, cross mark, tick mark, dot mark, circular mark, overwriting, scratching, erasing, white ink, marking outside the bubble etc. may lead to wrong/partial/ambiguous reading of the response. WBJEEB will be, in no way, responsible for such eventuality.
- Response marking cannot be edited/changed/erased/modified. Hence it is advised that the candidate should be sure about the answer before marking and should not put any stray mark on which he/she does not want to attempt.
Exam Centres for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018
The admission test will be held in Kolkata only.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 result will be declared on the official website at wbjeeb.in. The Board will publish the merit list and final allotment of seats for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 will be made through counselling to be conducted by the WBJEEB. The Board neither publishes nor communicates the result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post-publication scrutiny or review and hence such application will not be entertained.
Counselling and Admission
- WBJEEB does not conduct counselling or admission into the five years evening courses for Bachelor Degree in Civil / Mechanical /Electrical Engineering at Jadavpur University.
- The Board only conducts the entrance examination and publishes the merit list
- The counselling is conducted by Jadavpur University.
- Successful candidates are advised to seek detailed information regarding counselling and admission from Jadavpur University.
All verifications are done during counselling, admission, registration with the university. If at any stage after examination it is found on scrutiny that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled even if he/she secured a Merit Rank in the JEEDEC-2018 or a seat has been allotted to him/her.
The final seat matrix is subject to approval by the concerned authority and will be announced at the time of counselling.
It should also be noted that the candidate can opt for admission only in the same corresponding Degree course in which he/she has passed his/her Diploma.
- In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal prevailing at the time of admission will be followed. Such Reservation is available only to candidates domiciled in west Bengal.
- As the reservation for PWD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs.
- List of such reserved seats will be announced by the concerned counselling authority before counseling.
- Candidates claiming such seats must submit relevant Certificate issued from either of the competent Authorities as enlisted below.
- However, availability of such reserve category seats shall be restricted to students domiciled in West Bengal only.
- The certificate is to be produced during counselling, admission etc. If the certificate is then found to be invalid, the candidate will lose the opportunity of admission in reserve category.
Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in
For more details of WBJEE JEEDEC, Candidate can Download 2018’s Information Brochure.