WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 – The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) is going to conduct JEEDEC 2019 on July 13, 2019. The registration for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 was started from April 02, 2019. The aspirants were able to fill JEEDEC 2019 Application Form online at wbjeeb.in. The entrance exam is held for admission in five years evening courses for Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering at Jadavpur University. It is a pen-paper based which shall start from 11 AM and ends at 01:00 PM. The candidates can check complete details about WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 including dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc from this page.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019
Jadavpur University is a public state university located in Kolkata, West Bengal. The University has been ranked 601-650 by the QS World University Rankings of 2018, 125 in Asia, and 74 among BRICS nations, and 12 among engineering institutes in India in 2018, 13 overall and sixth among universities as per NIRF 2018 Ranking.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Dates: The candidates can check the complete schedule for JEEDEC 2019 from the table below.
|WBJEE JEEDEC 2019||Important Dates|
|Online Registration for JEEDEC 2019 starts from||02 Apr 2019|
|Last date to submit JEEDEC 2019 Application Form||16 Apr 2019|
|Online correction and downloading revised confirmation page||17 to 19 Apr 2019|
|JEEDEC 2019 Admit Card is issued from||04 Jul 2019|
|JEEDEC 2019 exam date||13 Jul 2019|
|Declaration of JEEDEC 2019 Result||13 Aug 2019|
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the entrance exam, the students must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019. One important point to note is that the Board does not verify the eligibility criteria for appearing in JEEDEC 2019 during online application but it is verified at the time of counseling. Check the eligibility criteria for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 from below.
Nationality – The candidate should be a citizen of India.
Age Limit – There is no lower or upper age limit for the candidates to apply for JEEDEC 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
- Candidate must have passed diploma examination from UGC recognized Indian University / Government / Statutory Body in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point (at least 45% marks or equivalent grade point for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD).
- Must have at least one year’s relevant experience from present employer in the respective field since publication of his/her Diploma Examination result.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Exam Pattern
The entrance exam for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 is an Offline, pen-paper based test. The exam is of 02 hours duration and consist of MCQ type questions. The paper will consist of 50 questions and the candidates will get 04 answers options each. The exam is of total 100 marks and the paper will be in English language only.
- For every correct answer, you will get +2 marks.
- There is negative marking and hence for an incorrect answer, -1/2 marks will be deducted (25% negative marks)
- If more than one option is selected for a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer. This means that -1/2 marks will be deducted (25% negative marks)
- For a question left unanswered, no marks will be added or deducted.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Syllabus
The best way to prepare for JEEDEC 2019 is to study the topics as provided in the syllabus. Since the paper is going to be set up as per the syllabus provided by the Board, the candidates should focus to prepare for the entrance exam as per the syllabus only. Check the complete syllabus for JEEDEC 2019 from below.
Syllabus for Civil Engineering – It is divided into two parts – Part A and Part B.
Part – A, Applied Mechanics:
- Friction between solid bodies
- equilibrium of rigid bodies
- Centre of mass and centre of gravity
- Work, power, and energy
- Principle of virtual work
- Direct and shear stresses
- strain elasticity
- Hooke’s law
- Poisson’s ratio
- Young’s modulus
- Modulus of rigidity and bulk modules
- Working stress
- Factor of safety
- Structural elements
- BM and SF diagrams theory of simple bending
- distribution of bending stresses and shear stresses
- Principal stresses and principal planes
- Mohr’s circle
- Moment of internal section modulus
- Adius of gyrations
- Torsion of circular shafts
- Use of simple column formula
- The solution of determinate trusses.
- Fluid Mechanics – pressure at a point, Pascal’s law of pressure within a static fluid, buoyancy, stability of submerged and floating bodies
- Steady and unsteady flow, uniform and non-uniform flow, laminar and turbulent flow, Reynolds number.
Part – B consist of topics
- General Civil Engineering – Surveying Correction for measured length by chain and tape, Field problems and their solutions, Compass Traversing, Closing error in compass traverse and its correction, Levelling, Cross – section Long section, measurement of areas, plane table surveying, Contouring.
- Planning and Construction – Brick Bonding, types of ordinary foundations, shoring and timbering, D.P.C. Flooring, Plastering, Whitewashing, skirting, Dado, Layout of water and sanitary lines in the residential building, Water closets, Intercepting chambers, Connection of house drains to streets sewers.
- Irrigation – Methods of irrigation, water requirement of crops, groundwater – well hydraulics, Design of irrigation canal systems.
- Sanitary Engineering – Sewers, sewer appurtenances, a different system of sewerage, sewage BOD of sewage, Aerobic and Anaerobic process fundamentals of septic tanks, activated sludge and trickling filters. The demand of water, potable water, the source of water, development of groundwater sources, impurities in natural waters, water works intake, slow sand filter, rapid sand filters, disinfection of public water supplies, causes, and removal of hardness.
- Soil Mechanics – Formation, identification, and classification of soils. Three phases system Water
content, void ratio, degree of saturation, Bulk density etc. Limits of consistency, Total and effective stress.
- Roads and Railways – Roads and Railways Survey, Construction and maintenance, Road permanent way structures with formation, Road and Railway crossings road inter-sections and Railway Track connections of various types road signs, Railway signals, Railway yards, road metals and their specifications, parts of Culverts.
Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
- Units and dimension: Work, power, and conversion among electrical, mechanical and thermal energies.
- Direct current circuits: steady state and transient response of dc circuits.
- Magnetic circuits: Electromagnetics, mmf calculation, lifting power of magnets.
- Alternating current circuits: steady-state response of single-phase circuits; series and parallel resonance, balanced three phase circuits; active and reactive power in three phase circuits and their measurement.
- Network theorems: star-delta conversion; superposition, reciprocity The venin, Norton and maximum power transfer theorem applied to direct and alternating current circuits in steady state.
- Measuring instruments: working principles and constructional features of instruments used for measurement of current, voltage and power in dc and ac circuits, extension of instrument range, use of shunt and multipliers. CT and PT.
- DC generators and motors: construction, classification, operating principles and characteristics of dc machines, Starters and regulators; Swinburner’s test.
- Transformers: Single phase and three phase transformer construction, classification, operating principles, emf equation equivalent circuit, expression for efficiency, regulation and their maximum values, open circuit and short circuit tests.
- Induction: Synchronous machines: rotating magnetic field, construction of squirrel cage and slip ring induction machines, operating principles, equivalent circuit, torque-slip ring induction machines, operating principles, equivalent circuit, torque-slip characteristics, no-load and blocked rotor test of induction machine, construction and operating principle of synchronous machine, pitch and distribution factors, emf equation, voltage regulation and its determination by synchronous impedance method.
- Generation, transmission, and distribution: Thermal, hydraulic and nuclear power station, lay out diagram, demand and diversity factors, plant capacity and load factors, calculation of voltage drop and efficiency in a short transmission line, two wire dc and single phase ac distributor, underground
and submarine cables, relay, operating principles of different types of circuit breakers, isolator, symmetrical short circuit study, short circuit capacity, recovery and restriking voltage.
- Semiconductor devices: Simple diodes and transistors, rectifier, oscillator and amplifier circuits. Thyristor and its application only.
Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Application Form
The application form for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 is going to be released online. No offline application form is going to be available. The aspirants will require to provide their own email id and mobile number at the time of registration. To apply for JEEDEC 2019, the aspirants will have to register first and then proceed to fill in details in the JEEDEC 2019 Application Form. Remember that details submitted at the time of registration can be changed/ edited, hence candidates can make the changes even after they have submitted the application form. Do not send more than one application, as it may lead to rejection. Lastly, the candidates have to pay the application fee and submit the Application Form.
The aspirants shall have to pay an amount same as last year, which was, Rs. 500 + Bank Service charges as applicable. The application fee can be paid by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
JEEDEC 2019 Application Form Correction
The candidates will get the opportunity to edit details in the WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Application Form. The candidates cannot edit details in the Application form online, they will have to visit the Board office with all original documents if they wish to make corrections in the details. The candidates must report at the Board’s office before the last date of submitting the WBJEE JEEDEC Application Form.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Admit Card
The JEEDEC 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded by online mode only from the Board’s official website. The candidates will have to log in by providing their Application Number and Password. The candidates should preserve the printed copy of the WBJEE JEEDEC Admit card till the end of the admission process. It is important that the candidates should carry the printed copy of the WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Admit Card on the day of the test. The Admit cards are issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate in the Application Form.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Result
The Board will publish the WBJEE JEEDEC 2-019 Result online at its official website. The candidates will be able to check their result by entering Application Number and Password. The result for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 is going to be available in the form of a Rank Card. The qualifiers of the entrance examination will then be eligible to appear for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Counselling. JEEDEC 2019 rank card is issued to all those candidates who appear for the entrance exam but rank is provided to only those candidates who qualify the test.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 Counselling and Admission
The counseling for WBJEE JEEDEC 2019 will be conducted for only those candidates who will qualify the entrance examination. The JEEDEC 2019 Counselling is conducted by Jadavar university. At the time of counseling, the verification of eligibility criteria will be conducted, hence, the candidates must carry the relevant documents in proof of Date of Birth, Category, academic details, etc.
In case if you have any queries regarding the WBJEE JEEDEC 2019, then let us know in the comment section below.
Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in
For more details of WBJEE JEEDEC 2019, Candidate can Download Information Brochure.