WBJEE JEEDEC-2018, the Joint Entrance Examination for Entry to the 1st year to study in five-year evening course for Bachelor Degree in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering in Jadavpur University at Jadavpur University for the academic year 2018-19. The Joint Entrance Examination for JEEDEC 2018 will be organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Get here complete details such as WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 application form, admit card, results.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2018
Candidates will fill their application for Bachelor Degree course in Engineering from the official website wbjeeb.in as per given schedule. Those who fill their application on time will be eligible to download the admit card/hall ticket of JEEDEC 2018 for examination which will be held in the month of June 2018.
Schedule for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||16 Mar 2018|
|Last date for filling up the form||07 Apr 2018|
|Admit card available from||14 Jun 2018|
|Date of written examination||23 Jun 2018|
|Date for publication of result||2nd week of Jul 2018|
|Counselling||Will be announced|
WBJEEB JEEDEC Application Form 2018
Application form of WBJEEB JEEDEC 2018 will be available as per the schedule. Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility. Interested candidates can get the complete details of application form of WBJEEB JEEDEC 2018 from 16 March 2018 onwards.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Must have passed Diploma Examination from UGC recognized Indian University / Government / Statutory Body in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent Grade Point (at least 45% marks or equivalent Grade Point for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/Pwd) and with at least 60% marks in mathematics (at least 45% marks in mathematics for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/Pwd).
- Must have at least one year relevant experience by 31.03.17 in the respective field since publication of his/her Diploma examination result.
- The candidate must also obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ for the course of study from his/her employer.
WBJEE JEEDEC Admit Card 2018
Admit Card of WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 for each eligible applicant will be available to download after the successful completion of application process till the day of exam. Applicant should download the Admit Card for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre allocated by WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 organizers WBJEEB.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 Exam Pattern
Date of Examination – 23rd June 2018 (Saturday)
No further examination shall be held under any circumstances for those who will not be able to appear on the above scheduled date and time of JEEDEC-2018 examination.
The paper will contain fifty (50) MCQ ( Multiple Choice Question) type questions, with four answer options each. Each question carries 2 marks, full mark of the paper is 100 and duration of the test is 2 hours. The questions will be in English language only.
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 2 (two) mark.
- Incorrect response will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero mark.
Mode of answering in the examination:
- Questions are to be answered on specially designed optical machine readable response (OMR) sheet, which will be evaluated by the method of Optical Mark Recognition by specially designed machines and therefore it is very important to follow the correct method of marking.
- There will be 4 (four) alternative answers for each question. Candidate will indicate response to the questions by darkening the appropriate circle completely with blue/black ball point pen.
- Any other kind of marking e.g. filling the bubble incompletely, filling with pencil, cross mark, tick mark, dot mark, circular mark, over writing, scratching, erasing, white ink, marking outside the bubble etc. may lead to wrong/partial/ambiguous reading of the response. WBJEEB will be, in no way, responsible for such eventuality.
- Response marking cannot be edited/changed/erased/modified. Hence it is advised that the candidate should be sure about the answer before marking and should not put any stray mark on which he/she does not want to attempt.
Exam Centres for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018
The admission test will be held in Kolkata only.
WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 result will be declared on the official website at wbjeeb.in. The Board will publish the merit list and final allotment of seats for WBJEE JEEDEC 2018 will be made through counselling to be conducted by the WBJEEB. The Board neither publishes nor communicates result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post-publication scrutiny or review and hence such application will not be entertained.
Counselling and Admission
WBJEEB does not conduct counselling or admission into the five years evening courses for Bachelor Degree in Civil / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering in Jadavpur University.
The Board only conducts the entrance examination and publishes the merit list.
The counselling is conducted by Jadavpur University.
Successful candidates are advised to seek detailed information regarding counselling and admission from Jadavpur University.
The final seat matrix is subject to approval by the concerned authority and will be announced at the time of counselling.
It should also be noted that the candidate can opt for admission only in the same corresponding Degree course in which he/she has passed his/her Diploma.
In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal prevailing at the time of admission will be followed. Such Reservation is available only to candidates domiciled in west bengal.
As the reservation for PwD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs.
List of such reserved seats will be announced by the concerned counselling authority before counseling.
For more details of WBJEE JEEDEC, Candidate can Download 2017’s Information Brochure.