AP POLYCET 2020- The result for AP POLYCET 2020 is now available at polycetap.nic.in. AP POLYCET was conducted on September 25, 2020. Polytechnic common entrance test (POLYCET) is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Amaravati. AP Polytechnic Common Entrance Test 2020 is a state-level exam for admission to Diploma level programs at Government, Aided, Private, Un-aided Polytechnics and Second Shift polytechnics run in existing Private unaided Engineering Colleges. On the basis of the POLYCET 2020 rank, students will be called for the counselling & seat allotment process. Check more details on AP POLYCET 2020 from the article given below.
AP POLYCET 2020
Candidates can apply for admission to Engineering / Non – Engineering Diploma course through POLYCET-2020. To track the important dates related to AP POLYCET 2020, check the below schedule table.
|AP POLYCET 2020||Date|
|Commencement of filing of online application||16 Mar 2020|
|Last date for filing of online application|
03 Sep 2020
|Download the Admit Card||17 Sep 2020|
|Date of conduct of POLYCET-2020|
25 Sep 2020
|Declaration of Result||09 Oct 2020|
|Counselling process starts||12 Oct 2020|
Note: The candidates appearing for POLYCET-2020 and the ones obtaining a merit rank does not entitle them to be considered for taking admission automatically unless the candidate fulfils the requirements laid down for admission.
AP POLYCET 2020 Result
AP POLYCET 2020 Result has released on the official website, which is polycetap.nic.in or sbtetap.gov.in. The AP POLYCET 2020 Result can be checked by the candidates only by logging in the result portal using the hall ticket number. Cut Off marks to qualify the entrance exam is 36 marks out of 120.
Tie – Bearker
In case of a tie in rank at entrance test, officials resolve the tie by using the following prescribed method in same order:
- Date of Birth
The details that are mentioned on the results are:
- Candidate Name
- Hall Ticket Number
- Subject-wise Marks
- Aggregate Marks
- Qualifying status of candidate
AP POLYCET 2020 Rank card
The authorities has also released the rank card of AP POLYCET 2020, along with the result. The Rank card is generated on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in the entrance exam. It will not be released for candidates who have fail to qualify AP POLYCET 2020. It is an important document as candidates get admission in the institutes on the basis of the rank cards. Higher the rank card score higher possibilities of getting admission. There are certain steps that helps to the download the rank card :
- The candidates are supposed to visit the official website of AP Polycet 2020
- Then have they got Click on the rank card link.
- Then the candidates have to Login by AP Polycet 2020 hall ticket number.
- After logging in the rank card is displayed on the screen.
- Now the students are supposed to download it and take a print out.
AP POLYCET 2020 – New Exam Date!
Check the new exam date for AP POLYCET 2020 from below image.
Click here to download application form extension notice.
AP POLYCET 2020 Application Form
The application form of Polytechnic common entrance test is available in online mode. Candidates who are interested to take admission into Diploma level programs have to fill the POLYCET application form 2020. Before going to fill the form, candidates are suggested to ensure the eligibility norms laid by the officials. To complete the application process, candidates have t follow below key points:
Steps to fill the AP POLYCET 2020 Application Form
- Fill details in the Application Form
- Upload Photo & Signature
- Pay Application fee
- Download Hall Ticket
AP POLYCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the AP POLYCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria from below.
- Native: Indian National and candidate should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh as defined in G.O.(P).No. 646, Education (w) Dept., dated 10-07-1979 and its subsequent amendments.
- Age limit: There is no upper age criteria for appearing in POLYCET-2020.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must pass the S.S.C. Examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of Secondary Education with Mathematics as one of the subjects, and obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who appeared or are appearing for SSC and their results are yet to be declared, can also appear for POLYCET2020.
AP POLYCET 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Candidates can check the AP POLYCET 2020 exam pattern and syllabus for better preparation from below.
- Examination Duration: 2 hours
- No. of Question: 120
- Type of Question: MCQs
- Language of Question Paper: Telugu & English. Examination in Urdu medium will be conducted only at Guntur and Nandyal centers.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded with +1 marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Check the distribution of questions and marks in each of subjects.
|Section/Subjects||No. of Ques.||No. of Marks|
Syllabus: The syllabus of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry for POLYCET-2020 is the same as that of SSC Examination of March / April 2020 conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh.
AP POLYCET 2020 Examination and Helpline Centers
From below image check the AP POLYCET 2020 Examination and Helpline Centers.
AP POLYCET 2020 Minimum qualifying marks
The minimum qualifying marks are given below in the table on the basis of the segregation of the categories:
Minimum Percentage Required
Minimum Marks Required
No minimum Percentage
No minimum Marks
AP POLYCET 2020 Counselling
The selected candidates are then required to report for the certificate verification, on venue along with the original certificates. The authorities do not send separate call letters to the candidates for attending the process of counselling. After the document verification process is done, the candidates can exercise their options for the seat allotment in the Polytechnics. The candidates attending the counselling are supposed to pay the registration fee for registration and counselling as per the notification that will be issued for counselling. Report at the allotted institute along with the required documents and pay the fee to confirm their admission. For more detailed knowledge afte the counselling process the students can go through the steps given below:
- Steps 1 – Candidates will have to visit the help centers of AP POLYCET 2020 for getting the document verification.
- Step 2 – After the documents verification, the candidates have to register for web counselling process through the official website.
- Step 3 -After the registration, candidates will have finalize their their choices of college and courses through option entry. Candidates can also visit helpline centers for-finalizing their choices.
- On the basis of the choices made by the candidates and merit score, seat allotment results will be declared by the authorities.
- Only the Eligible candidates would able to download their seat allotment letters from the website.
- At last, candidates can report to the colleges allotted.
Candidates can check the list of Polytechnics courses and Intake details.
- Click here to check the Seat Matrix and various diploma courses.
Official Website: polycetap.nic.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.