The State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada has conducted an entrance exam, namely, Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET 2018). The entrance exam is conducted for admission into the Diploma level programs available at Government, Aided, Private, Un-aided polytechnics and Second Shift polytechnics run in existing Private unaided Engineering Colleges. To gain admission to the various diploma programmes in the Polytechnics, the candidates must appear in the POLYCET 2018, however, for admission to the Diploma Courses like Hotel Management and Catering Technology, D.Pharmacy, the entry qualification is pass in 12th Standard, these candidates shall not be required to appear for POLYCET – 2018.
Interested aspirants could apply for AP POLYCET 2018 through online. The Board shall not prescribe any other application form. The aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the basic eligibility conditions before applying online. The candidates have to submit their completed application form before the last date in order to download their admit card. Without showing the admit card, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam. On the basis of the candidate’s performance in the written exam, they will be shortlisted to appear for the AP POLYCET 2018 web counselling. Candidates can check more details about AP POLYCET 2018 in the article below including schedule, eligibility, application form, test pattern, etc.
AP POLYCET 2018
Candidates seeking admission into all Diploma Courses in Engineering / Non Engineering/Technology offered at Polytechnics/institutions (including Aided and Unaided Private Polytechnics / Institutions running as 2nd shift in Pvt. Engineering Colleges) in Andhra Pradesh State for the academic year 2018 – 2019 can check schedule for commencement of various events of the AP POLYCET 2018 is as provided below:
|Commencement of filing of online application||14 Mar 2018|
|Last date for sale of POLYCET booklet and filing of online application||14 Apr 2018|
|The Admit Card can be obtained by||Released|
|Date of conduct of POLYCET-2018||27 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result||08 May 2018|
Note: Mere appearing for POLYCET-2018 and obtaining a merit rank does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission automatically unless the candidate fulfills the requirements laid down for admission.
AP POLYCET 2018 Application Form
The candidates who wish to apply for the POLYCET 2018, can apply online by filling the necessary details. The applicants need to enter their Personal Details, Academic Background Details, Communication Details and paste their recent passport size photograph in the downloaded application form. Before submitting the application form, ensure that the applicants have provided all the necessary details.
Application Fee: Make payment of the application fees of Rs. 350/-.
The candidates can submit their completed application form to the computer operator at the nearest ApOnline/Meeseva/Payment gateway/Net Banking/Help Line center.
Click Here for the list of helpline centers of Andhra Pradesh.
The candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by the State Board of Technical Education & Training, Andhra Pradesh. The eligibility conditions to appear for the AP POLYCET 2018 is as follows:
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- The Candidate should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Should have passed S.S.C. Examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of Secondary Education, A.P/TS. such as CBSE, ICSE, NIOS, APOSS with Mathematics as one of the subjects, and must have obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who have studied from APOSS/NIOS shall cover Mathematics, Science and Social/Computers and should have passed in all subjects with a minimum of 35% in each subject.
- The candidates who have appeared or will appear for the SSC or equivalent examination, and their results are yet to be declared are also eligible to apply for AP POLYCET 2018.
- There is no age restriction for appearing for POLYCET-2018.
AP POLYCET 2018 Admit Card
The Admit card for AP POLYCET 2018 can be downloaded online from the website, www.polycetap.nic.in. The candidates should bring the printed copy of the admit card at the examination center. The Admit card for AP POLYCET 2018 will consist of the basic information about the exam such as date, time and venue. After downloading the admit card, candidates must ensure that the personal details printed on the admit card correct or not.
Exam Pattern for AP POLYCET 2018
The candidates can check the exam pattern for AP POLYCET 2018 as follows:
- Duration of the exam: 2 hours
- Number of Questions: 120
- Nature of the Questions: MCQ type
- Mode of the Exam: Pen and Paper based
- Syllabus: The syllabus for POLYCET 2018 will consist of subjects Maths, Physics and Chemistry as per the Class 10th standard as prescribed by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
AP POLYCET 2018 Result
The candidates who appeared for the entrance exam can check their result and download the rank card from the website, www.polycetap.nic.in. The AP POLYCET 2018 Result shall also be available with the Principals of all Polytechnics Institute. The candidates who will qualify the entrance exam by obtaining the minimum qualifying marks i.e 36 marks out of 120 will be allowed to appear for the AP POLYCET Web Counselling.
AP POLYCET 2018 Counselling
The selected candidates will be required to report at the certificate verification venue along with the original certificates. After the document verification process is done, the candidates can exercise as many options for the seat allotment in the Polytechnics. The preferred choices have to submit by the web. On the basis of the choices filled by the candidate, rank obtained in the entrance exam and category, the candidates will be issued the allotment letter. Report at the allotted institute along with the required documents and pay the fee to confirm their admission.
Previous Year Question Papers
The candidates who are going to appeared for the entrance exam can check the previous year question papers given below.
- Click Here to download the AP POLYCET previous question papers 2017.
- Click Here to download the AP POLYCET previous question papers 2016.
Official Website: www.polycetap.nic.in.
For more information about AP POLYCET 2018 – Download Information Brochure.