PU B.Ed Admission 2018 – Punjab University has released notification for admission to B.Ed. (General), B.Ed. (Yoga) and B.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation) in Colleges of Education affiliated to Punjab University, Chandigarh only situated in U.T. Chandigarh. Admission into the following courses will be done through centralized counselling. The complete details of PU B.Ed Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, selection process etc. are given below.
PU B.Ed Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission in Panjab University have to fill the Application Form from the official website of Panjab University as per schedule. Admission will be purely on merit basis. Admission Policy in Colleges of Union Territory, Chandigarh is given below.
UT Pool 60% : Out of the total sanctioned intake of the institutions, 60% seats will be filled up from amongst the students who have passed their qualifying examination from colleges recognized by the Chandigarh Administration and situated in the Union Territory of Chandigarh as a regular student of the said Colleges/ Institutions, subject to the condition that such students must have studied for two years in graduation at Chandigarh and have passed one lower qualifying examination from the local colleges/ institutions. These seats will be termed as ‘UT Pool’.
General Pool 40% : Out of the total sanctioned intake of the institutions, 40% seats will be filled from amongst the students who passed their qualifying examination from the recognized institutions other than those located in the Union Territory of Chandigarh or otherwise. These seats will be termed as ‘General Pool’. The candidates who have done their graduation/post-graduation through distance mode will be considered under this Pool only.
Schedule for the PU B.Ed Admission 2018 is given below.
|Date of Availability of online Application Form||2nd week of Jul 2018|
|Last date for submission of information on
the website to generate the Bank Challan
|3rd week of Jul 2018|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of
State bank of India using website generated challan
|3rd week of Jul 2018|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature
with rest of the information
|4th week of Jul 2018|
|Tentative Merit list||4th week of Jul 2018|
|Objections (if any) in the tentative merit list can
be filed at [email protected]
|4th week of Jul 2018|
|Display of final provisional merit list||1st week of Aug 2018|
PU B.Ed Application Form 2018
Candidates are required to fill online application form at official website Panjab University. Before filling up the online form candidates should clearly understand the procedure. The candidate has to lock each and every section (Profile, Categories, Subjects etc) under their login, without which the candidate cannot take print out of application form.
Apply Online : Link will be available on the official website i.e., puchd.ac.in
A person who possesses the following qualifications shall be eligible to join the course:
Candidates with at least 50% Marks either in Bachelor’s degree and/or in the Master’s degree in Science/Social sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce/Home science/B.B.A/B.C.A,B.A.LL.B., B.Com.LL.B. or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However, while calculating merit, marks obtained in Graduation only will be considered. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/ST/PwD candidates. Candidate with less than 45% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However, while calculating merit, marks obtained in Graduation only will be considered. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/ST/PwD candidates. Candidate with less than 50% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
- The merit of each candidate shall be determined on the basis of marks secured by him or her in the qualifying degree i.e. graduation only.
- The combined merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination i.e. graduation.
- The allocation of college will be made through face-to-face counseling by the authorized committee.
- Admission to B.Ed. shall be done through two counseling as per the schedule notified by the University. However, one time shifting will be allowed during second counseling only on the charges specified by the university.
- The counseling schedule will be prepared by the Authorized Committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor.
- All seats in the B.Ed. colleges of U.T. Chandigarh will be filled through centralized face-to-face counseling by the university.
- The decision taken by the authorized committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor will be final with regard to the process of filling up of seats remaining vacant after the completion of second counseling.
- During counseling, major and minor subjects would be allotted by the University. Allocation of seat at time of counselling does not mean confirmation of admission. The admission will be confirmed by the concerned college after checking and verification of documents.
- Candidates have to bring all original certificates along with one set of photocopies and 2 passport size photographs at the time of counseling.
- Candidates having CGPA score in qualifying examination are required to fill the marks by converting their CGPA score into marks using approved formula of respective University. Candidate is also required to bring approved formula for conversion of CGPA score at the time of counselling. (Conversion should be done as follows: After converting CGPA score into percentage, suppose candidates has got 78% after conversion, then marks obtained will be 78 and maximum marks will be 100).
Note: Admission to above mentioned colleges is subject to approval by the Panjab University, Chandigarh as per NCTE directions issued vide letter no. 93-652/2016/NCTE/Insp./55377 dated 22/06/2017 for admission in Teacher Education Institutes.
For More Details of PU B.Ed Admission candidates can refer to the last year Information Brochure.
Insofar, official details of PU BEd Admission 2018 have not been announced yet. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Panjab University releases PU BEd Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.