PU B.Ed Admission 2020 – Punjab University releases a notification for admission to B.Ed. (General), B.Ed. (Yoga) and B.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation) in Colleges of Education affiliated to Punjab University, Chandigarh only situated in U.T. Chandigarh. The examination has been postponed until the next announcement. The last date to fill the application form has been extended up to November 06, 2020. Admission into the following courses will be done through centralized counselling. The complete details of PU B.Ed Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, merit list, selection process etc. are given below.
Latest: The last date to fill the application form has been extended up to Nov 06, 2020. Scroll down to get the details.
PU B.Ed Admission 2020
Candidates seeking admission in Panjab University have to fill the Application Form from the official website of Panjab University as per schedule. Admission will be purely on merit basis.
Schedule for the PU B.Ed Admission 2020 is given below.
|Date of Availability of online Application Form|
07 Oct 2020
|Last date for submission of application form|
06 Nov 2020
|Last date to pay application fee via online mode|
10 Nov 2020
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of|
State bank of India using website generated challan
10 Nov 2020
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature|
with rest of the information
12 Nov 2020
|Tentative Merit list||to be announced|
|Objections (if any) in the tentative merit list can|
be filed at email@example.com
|to be announced|
|Display of final provisional merit list||to be announced|
PU B.Ed 2020 Application Form Submission – Extended
PU B.Ed Application Form 2020
Candidates are required to fill online application form at official website Panjab University. Before filling up the online form candidates should clearly understand the procedure. The candidate has to lock each and every section (Profile, Categories, Subjects etc) under their login, without which the candidate cannot take print out of application form.
Apply Online: Click here to apply for PU B.Ed 2020 Application Form
Admission Policy in Colleges of Union Territory
UT Pool 60% : Out of the total sanctioned intake of the institutions, 60% seats will be filled up from amongst the students who have passed their qualifying examination from colleges recognized by the Chandigarh Administration and situated in the Union Territory of Chandigarh as a regular student of the said Colleges/ Institutions, subject to the condition that such students must have studied for two years in graduation at Chandigarh and have passed one lower qualifying examination from the local colleges/ institutions. These seats will be termed as ‘UT Pool’.
General Pool 40% : Out of the total sanctioned intake of the institutions, 40% seats will be filled from amongst the students who passed their qualifying examination from the recognized institutions other than those located in the Union Territory of Chandigarh or otherwise. These seats will be termed as ‘General Pool’. The candidates who have done their graduation/post-graduation through distance mode will be considered under this Pool only.
Admission to B.Ed. shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test or any other selection process as per the policy of State Govt. /U.T. Administration and the University.
A person who possesses the following qualifications shall be eligible to join the course:
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in Bachelor’s degree and/or in the Master’s degree in Science/Social Science/Humanities/Commerce/Home Science, or
- Applicants have the Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% aggregate marks, or
- Those candidates who have passed B.A.LL.B. with at least 50% marks in a relevant school subject, or
- Candidate having any other qualification equivalent thereto is eligible for admission to the programme.
- Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD and other categories shall be provided as per rules of the admission policy of State Govt./Chandigarh Union Territory Administration.
Click here to check the more detailed about the admission guidelines.
- The merit of each candidate shall be determined on the basis of marks secured by him or her in the qualifying degree i.e. graduation only.
- The combined merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination i.e. graduation.
- The allocation of college will be made through face-to-face counseling by the authorized committee.
- Admission to B.Ed. shall be done through two counseling as per the schedule notified by the University. However, one time shifting will be allowed during second counseling only on the charges specified by the university.
- The counseling schedule will be prepared by the Authorized Committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor.
- All seats in the B.Ed. colleges of U.T. Chandigarh will be filled through centralized face-to-face counseling by the university.
- The decision taken by the authorized committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor will be final with regard to the process of filling up of seats remaining vacant after the completion of second counseling.
- During counseling, major and minor subjects would be allotted by the University. Allocation of seat at time of counselling does not mean confirmation of admission. The admission will be confirmed by the concerned college after checking and verification of documents.
- Candidates have to bring all original certificates along with one set of photocopies and 2 passport size photographs at the time of counseling.
- Candidates having CGPA score in qualifying examination are required to fill the marks by converting their CGPA score into marks using approved formula of respective University. Candidate is also required to bring approved formula for conversion of CGPA score at the time of counselling. (Conversion should be done as follows: After converting CGPA score into percentage, suppose candidates has got 78% after conversion, then marks obtained will be 78 and maximum marks will be 100).
As per previous year details!!!
Note: Admission to above mentioned colleges is subject to approval by the Panjab University, Chandigarh as per NCTE directions issued vide letter no. 93-652/2016/NCTE/Insp./55377 dated 22/06/2017 for admission in Teacher Education Institutes.
For More Details of PU B.Ed Admission 2020, candidates can – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.