AIT Pune Admission 2014
AIT Pune has announced admission notification for B.Tech courses. AIT Engineering admission 2014 will be on the basis of JEE Main. AIT admission is based on the Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2014. All applicants are therefore required to appear in JEE Main 2014 and also apply to AIT for Admission. Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main – 2014. This will comprise of score in JEE (Main) and normalised score in Class 12 or other qualifying exam (60% & 40% weightage respectively). Weightage for gallantry award if applicable will be given as specified in the AIT prospectus. Prospectus 2014 is available wef 10 January 2014.
Candidate seeking admission to AIT is required to take JEE Main 2014 (Joint Entrance Examination – 2014) conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). Application Form and JEE Main 2014 Information Bulletin are made available on the website jeemain.nic.in. Candidates should refer to JEE Main 2014 Information Bulletin for syllabus of the examination, last date of receipt of application form by JEE Main 2014 and any other related information. Filling up of both JEE Main 2014 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms in time will be ineligible for admission to AIT.
Candidates who are eligible for admission to AIT can fill AIT online application in the month of March/April after receipt of JEE Roll Number from CBSE. Candidates must state JEE Main Roll Number at appropriate place in the AIT Application Form. Absence of this important input may result in rejection of the AIT Application Form.
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main – 2014. This will comprise of score in JEE (Main) and normalised score in Class 12 or other qualifying exam (60% & 40% weightage respectively). Weightage for gallantry award if applicable will be given as specified in the AIT prospectus. (Prospectus 2014 will be available on AIT website wef 10 January 2014).
AIT Pune Admission 2014 Quick Links
Grant of Weightage (Gallantry Awards). Additional weightage as mentioned below will be added to the overall aggregate marks obtained in JEE Main 2014 (60% + 40%) by the candidates, if either of their parents have been awarded any of the following gallantry awards before arriving at final AIT Merit
|A. Gallantry Award||Weightage||B. Distinguished Service in War / Conflict / Hostilities||Weightage|
|Param Vir Chakra||5%||Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%|
|Ashok Chakra||5%||Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%|
|Mahavir Chakra||4%||Yudh Seva Medal||1%|
|Kirti Chakra||4%||C. Mention in Despatches||1%|
|Vir Chakra||3%||D. War Widows/ Wards of War Widows||5%|
|Sena Medal (Gallantry Only)||1%|
|AIT Pune Admission Brochure 2014||10 January 2014|
|Availability of application form||March/April – After receipt of JEE Roll Number from CBSE.|
|Last date for submission of completed Application Form||30 April 2014|
|Admission at AIT, Pune||Tentatively take place three weeks after the date of declaration of JEE (Main) All India Rank.|
AIT Pune seats available for wards of Army personnel
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||120|
AIT Pune Engineering Admission 2014 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission to AIT is published in detail here. Brief outline is given below :-
- The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of ex Army personnel granted/ awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/ invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service.
- Adopted /Step children and Children of Remarried Widows .
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is other wise eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases.
- Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force(IN/IAF). Wards of only those ex Army medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for atleast 10 years.
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS/ MNS/TA Personnel.
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex- servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
- The candidate must fulfill the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2014.
- Must be an Indian citizen, or a PIO who obtains Indian citizenship before admission.
AIT Pune Admission JEE Main cut offs
|BRANCH||ALL INDIA RANK IN JEE (MAIN) 2013||NUMBER OF STUDENTS ADMITTED|
|ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION||151950||120|
AIT Pune contact information
ARMY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,PUNE
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|AIT PUNE||ait pune application form||ait pune admission||AIT PUNE APPLICATION FORM 2014||ait pune 2014|