AIT Pune will be announced notification for admission of 300 seats for Engineering Course commencing in July 2017. AIT Admission is based on the Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2017. Candidates can check more information about AIT Pune Admission 2017 like important dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc. on this page.
AIT Pune Admission 2017
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main- 2017. Candidate seeking admission to AIT is required to take JEE Main 2017 (Joint Entrance Examination – 2017) conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). Application Form and JEE Main 2017 Information Bulletin are made available on the website jeemain.nic.in. Candidates should refer to JEE Main 2017 Information Bulletin for syllabus of the examination, last date of receipt of application form by JEE Main 2017 and any other related information. Filling up of both JEE Main 2017 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms in time is ineligible for admission to AIT.
Schedule for AIT Pune Admission 2017 is given below.
|JEE Main 2017 Examination Date||(a) Off-line – 02 April 2017
(b) On-line – 08 and 09 Apr 2017
|Prospectus can be downloaded from||Jan 2017|
|Start Date of AIT online application from||Mar 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of AIT online application from||Jun 2017|
|Final Merit List is published on||Jul 2017|
Insofar any details of AIT Pune Admission 2017 have not been officially announced. Details given on this page as per last year’s exam brochure and is only for reference. Information has been provided so that candidates who have started looking for AIT Pune Admission 2017 can get an idea of how the exam is held. As soon as AIT Pune Admission 2017 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.
AIT Pune Seats
Last year seat details are given below.
AIT offers four year B.E. courses in the following Disciplines.
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||120|
AIT Pune Eligibility Criteria 2017
- Only wards of serving/retired Army personnel are eligible to apply to AIT.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
- Minimum (Qualifying Exam) : The applicant must have passed the (10+2) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate (10+2 or XII) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary (Std XII) Certificate Exam from a recognised Board/University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- Subject combination requirement : The candidate must have passed / appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational Subject. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra / Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Other eligibility criteria, as per JEE (Main) 2017. Entrance Examination. Admission is based on the rank obtained in Joint Entrance Examination.
AIT Pune Admission JEE Main cut offs
|Branch||JEE Main 2015||JEE Main 2013|
|Electronics & Tele communication||132940||151950|
Grant of Weightage (Gallantry Awards)
Additional weightage as mentioned below will be added to the overall aggregate marks obtained in JEE Main 2017 (60% + 40%) by the candidates, if either of their parents have been awarded any of the following gallantry awards before arriving at final AIT Merit
|A. Gallantry Award||Weightage||B. Distinguished Service in War / Conflict / Hostilities||Weightage|
|Param Vir Chakra||5%||Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%|
|Ashok Chakra||5%||Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%|
|Mahavir Chakra||4%||Yudh Seva Medal||1%|
|Kirti Chakra||4%||C. Mention in Despatches||1%|
|Vir Chakra||3%||D. War Widows/ Wards of War Widows||5%|
|Sena Medal (Gallantry Only)||1%|
Note: Weightage given for Gallantry Award and Wards of War Widow will not be cumulative. Only one weightage i.e. Wards of War Widow or Gallantry Award, whichever is higher, will be granted.
Fee Structure (Last Year)
Current fee structure and charges for various support facilities for the first year as under.
Note: Staying in hostel is mandatory for all First Year Students. Hence, the fee must be paid in entirety. A demand draft for Rs 2,25,735/- to be submitted during admission. Exact Amount will be based on revised contract and will be indicated in the Joining Instructions. No meals are provided during summer breaks.
Army Institute of Technology, Pune
Dighi Hills, Pune – 411015
Tel: (020) 27157534, 27157612
Candidates also refer the last year Information Brochure of AIT Pune Admission.