AIT Pune has announced notification for admission of 300 seats for Engineering Course commencing in July 2016. AIT Engineering Admission 2016 will be on the basis of JEE Main. AIT Admission is based on the Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2016. All applicants are therefore required to appear in JEE Main 2016 and also apply to AIT for Admission.
AIT Pune Admission 2016
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main – 2016. This will comprise of score in JEE (Main) and normalised score in Class 12 or other qualifying exam (60% & 40% weightage respectively). Weightage for gallantry award if applicable will be given as specified in the AIT prospectus.
Candidate seeking admission to AIT is required to take JEE Main 2016 (Joint Entrance Examination – 2016) conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). Application Form and JEE Main 2016 Information Bulletin are made available on the website jeemain.nic.in. Candidates should refer to JEE Main 2016 Information Bulletin for syllabus of the examination, last date of receipt of application form by JEE Main 2016 and any other related information. Filling up of both JEE Main 2016 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms in time will be ineligible for admission to AIT.
Schedule for AIT Pune Admission 2016 is given below.
|JEE Main 2016 Examination Date||(a) Off-line – 03 April 2016
(b) On-line – 09 and 10 Apr 2016
|Prospectus can be downloaded from||20 January 2016|
|Start Date of AIT online application from||15 Mar 2016|
|Last Date for Submission of AIT online application from||25 Apr 2016|
Interested applicants should first submit application form for JEE (Main) 2016 on their website www.jeemain.nic.in. The applicants should then fill AIT online application on website www.aitpune.com wef 15 Mar 2016 after receipt of JEE (Main) Roll Number.
AIT Pune Seats
AIT offers four year B.E. courses in the following Disciplines.
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||120|
AIT Pune Eligibility Criteria 2016
- Only wards of serving/retired Army personnel are eligible to apply to AIT.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
- Minimum (Qualifying Exam) : The applicant must have passed the (10+2) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate (10+2 or XII) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary (Std XII) Certificate Exam from a recognised Board/University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- Subject combination requirement : The candidate must have passed / appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational Subject. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra / Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Other eligibility criteria, as per JEE (Main) 2016. Entrance Examination. Admission is based on the rank obtained in Joint Entrance Examination.
AIT Pune Admission JEE Main cut offs
|Branch||JEE Main 2015||JEE Main 2013|
|Electronics & Tele communication||132940||151950|
Grant of Weightage (Gallantry Awards)
Additional weightage as mentioned below will be added to the overall aggregate marks obtained in JEE Main 2016 (60% + 40%) by the candidates, if either of their parents have been awarded any of the following gallantry awards before arriving at final AIT Merit
|A. Gallantry Award||Weightage||B. Distinguished Service in War / Conflict / Hostilities||Weightage|
|Param Vir Chakra||5%||Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%|
|Ashok Chakra||5%||Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%|
|Mahavir Chakra||4%||Yudh Seva Medal||1%|
|Kirti Chakra||4%||C. Mention in Despatches||1%|
|Vir Chakra||3%||D. War Widows/ Wards of War Widows||5%|
|Sena Medal (Gallantry Only)||1%|
Note: Weightage given for Gallantry Award and Wards of War Widow will not be cumulative. Only one weightage i.e. Wards of War Widow or Gallantry Award, whichever is higher, will be granted.
Current fee structure and charges for various support facilities for the first year as under.
Note: Staying in hostel is mandatory for all First Year Students. Hence, the fee must be paid in entirety. A demand draft for Rs 2,25,735/- to be submitted during admission. Exact Amount will be based on revised contract and will be indicated in the Joining Instructions. No meals are provided during summer breaks.
Army Institute of Technology, Pune
Dighi Hills, Pune – 411015
Tel: (020) 27157534, 27157612
For Complete Information Regarding AIT Pune Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure