AIT Pune has announced admission notification for B.Tech courses. AIT Engineering Admission 2015 will be on the basis of JEE Main. AIT Admission is based on the Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2015. All applicants are therefore required to appear in JEE Main 2015 and also apply to AIT for Admission.
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main – 2015. This will comprise of score in JEE (Main) and normalised score in Class 12 or other qualifying exam (60% & 40% weightage respectively). Weightage for gallantry award if applicable will be given as specified in the AIT prospectus. Prospectus 2015 is available wef 10 January 2015.
Candidate seeking admission to AIT is required to take JEE Main 2015 (Joint Entrance Examination – 2015) conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). Application Form and JEE Main 2015 Information Bulletin are made available on the website jeemain.nic.in. Candidates should refer to JEE Main 2015 Information Bulletin for syllabus of the examination, last date of receipt of application form by JEE Main 2015 and any other related information. Filling up of both JEE Main 2015 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms in time will be ineligible for admission to AIT.
Latest Update:- AIT Final Merit List 2015 has been Announced.
|JEE Main 2015 Examination Date||(a) Off-line – 04.04.2015
(b) On-line – 10 and 11 Apr 2015 (More details – JEE Main 2015)
|Last date for receipt of completed AIT Application||25 Apr 2015 Without Late Fee
05 May 2015 Extended 10 June 2015 with Late Fee of Rs 500/-
|Declaration/Declassification of AIT Merit List, Admission schedule and Joining Instructions||One week after the declaration of Final JEE Main 2015 Rank List (First week of July approx)|
|Admission of candidates||Third week of July 2015 tentative.|
Candidate should send AIT Admission Form duly filled along with Certificate 1 to 3 (as applicable), other supporting documents and address details included in this prospectus so as to reach Admission Cell, AIT on or before 25 Apr 2015. Forms with late fee of Rs 500/- by DD in addition to cost of prospectus will be accepted till 05 May 2015. Candidate can fill application online also from our website www.aitpune.com
AIT Final Merit List 2015
AIT Final Merit List has been declared after the declaration of Final JEE Main 2015 Rank List depending on declaration of JEE Main Ranking. Further details like Admission schedule and Joining Instructions is announced. Admission Process of the candidate will start from Third week of July 2015 tentative. Final Merit List has been published on 07 July 2015.
Get AIT Final Merit List 2015 here – Check AIT Merit List Declared by Army Institute of Technology.
First Year Admission 2015-16:-
Prospective candidates can make travel reservations accordingly. Students should come prepared to stay at AIT as orientation programme starts from 16 July 2015
AIT Results: The AIT Merit List will be notified and displayed on the AIT Website www.aitpune.com approximately one week after the declaration of JEE Main 2014 Result.
Call for Admission: Admission schedule and Joining Instructions will be available on AIT website alongwith AIT merit list. Candidates will report to AIT for admission formalities on the day/ date and time mentioned in admission schedule given in Joining Instructions. Inclusion of name in AIT Merit List does not bestow on the candidate the right to admission.
Grant of Weightage (Gallantry Awards)
Additional weightage as mentioned below will be added to the overall aggregate marks obtained in JEE Main 2015 (60% + 40%) by the candidates, if either of their parents have been awarded any of the following gallantry awards before arriving at final AIT Merit
|A. Gallantry Award||Weightage||B. Distinguished Service in War / Conflict / Hostilities||Weightage|
|Param Vir Chakra||5%||Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%|
|Ashok Chakra||5%||Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%|
|Mahavir Chakra||4%||Yudh Seva Medal||1%|
|Kirti Chakra||4%||C. Mention in Despatches||1%|
|Vir Chakra||3%||D. War Widows/ Wards of War Widows||5%|
|Sena Medal (Gallantry Only)||1%|
AIT Pune Seats
AIT offers four year B.E. courses in the following Disciplines.
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||120|
AIT Pune Engineering Admission 2015 Eligibility Criteria
and Final Merit List will be published by 05:00 pm on 06 Jul 2015The candidate must fulfil the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2015 i.e., candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1990 are eligible. The date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent (Class X) certificate or in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate only will be accepted as proof of age.
The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
Eligibility for Admission to AIT: Admission to Army Institute of Technology is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex Army personnel granted/ awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service (Submit Certificate No 1).
Adopted /Step children and children of Remarried Widows.
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission (Submit Certificate No 2).
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible (Submit Certificate No 2).
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases.
- Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force(IN/IAF). Wards of only those ex Army medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for atleast 10 years (Submit Certificate No 3).
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS/ MNS/TA Personnel (Submit Certificate No 3).
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex- servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
AIT Pune Admission JEE Main cut offs
|BRANCH||ALL INDIA RANK IN JEE (MAIN) 2013||NUMBER OF STUDENTS ADMITTED|
|ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION||151950||120|
Current fee structure and charges for various support facilities for the first year as under.
Staying in hostel is mandatory for all First Year Students. Hence, the fee must be paid in entirety. A demand draft for Rs 2,02,660/- @ to be submitted during admission. Exact Amount will be based on revised contract and will be indicated in the Joining Instructions. No meals are provided during summer breaks.
ARMY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,PUNE