Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET) is a AP State Level Common Entrance Test for admission into regular PG Courses in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy and Planning (ME / M.Tech. / M.Pharmacy/Graduate level Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate)) courses for the academic year 2015-2016 conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Kakinada on behalf of A.P. State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), a statutory Body of the Government of A.P., Hyderabad. The main objective of AP PGECET 2015 is to identify at the state level, meritorious and motivated candidates for admission to Post Graduate programmes in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, Graduate level Pharm-D (PB).
AP PGECET 2015 Exam Date: 25 May, 2015 to 27 May, 2015.
APPGECET 2015 Important Dates
|Issue of Notification||09th March 2015|
|Date of Commencement of Online Applications||12th March 2015|
|Last Date for submission of online applications||20th April 2015|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||19.05.2015 To 21.05.2015|
|Examination Dates||25.05.2015 To 27.05.2015|
|Date||10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon||02:00 PM to 04:00 PM|
|25.05.2015||Nano Technology (NT)||Computer Science & Information Technology (CS)|
|26.05.2015||Electronics & Communication (EC) / Bio-Tech (BT) / Aerospace (AS)||Civil (CE) / Mechanical (ME) / Electrical (EE)/ Food Technology (FT)|
|27.05.2015||Instrumentation (EI) / Metallurgy (MT) / Chemical (CH)||Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics (GG) / Pharmacy (PY)|
AP PGECET examinations consist of each paper of 2 hours duration and carry a maximum of 120 marks. All the question papers of APPGECET will be of objective type with multiple choice questions. Candidates have to mark the correct answer by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question on an Optical Mark Reader (OMR) with Black / Blue ink ball point pen only. OMR Answer Sheets will be supplied along with the Question Booklet.
- The vacant seats after admitting GATE/GPAT qualified candidates will be filled with the candidates on the rank/percentile score secured in the AP PGECET 2015 entrance test.
- Separate notification will be issued for admission for GATE/GPAT qualified candidates
APPGECET 2015 is conducted at five regional centers across the state. The regions along with corresponding examination centers (tentative) where the Test will be held are:
- Visakhapatnam: Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- Kakinada: University College of Engineering Kakinada
- Guntur: College of Engineering, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- Tirupathi Sri Venkateshwara University College of Engineering, Tirupathi
- Anantapuram: JNTU College of Engineering, Ananthapuram
PGECET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for PGECET 2015 is described separately for each discipline and course. It is mandatory for the candidate to determine his / her eligibility before applying.
- The candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
- The Candidate should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Candidate should satisfy the local/ non-local status requirements as laid down in the regulations of admission
- Candidate should obtain at least 50% marks (45% in case candidate belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying examination
- Check the eligibility for each course as given on “Courses and Eligibility” page.
PGECET 2015 Application Form
PGECET 2015, Application Form submission is made completely online including payment of application fee. The status of your application will be known immediately. If your application is filled in completely and submitted, you will instantly get an SMS. If you have given your e-mail id., then a copy will be mailed to your e-mail address. After completing all the steps up to “Filled in Application Form” generation in ONLINE application process, you can only print the application form and cannot modify the data.
However, if you feel there are any corrections required then you can contact the PGECET office or send an e-mail or contact via phone.
PGECET 2015 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Candidate needs to download the PGECET 2015 Hall Ticket / PGECET 2015 Admit Card in the given time slot. To Download Admit Card of AP PGECET, candidate will have to enter PGECET 2015 Registration number and select the test he/she has chosen in the application form.
The printed admit card needs to be carried at the time of exam. The candidate will not be allowed to appear in the exam without admit card.
AP PGECET 2015 Information Brochure
PGECET 2015 Booklet provides all the information regarding the Dates, Application Form, Admit Card, Entrance Examination, Counselling and Admission. Candidates are advised to read the complete Information Bulletin before applying online. Click Here to download APPGECET Information Booklet.