Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET) is a AP State Level Common Entrance Test for admission into regular PG Courses in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy and Planning (ME / M.Tech. / M.Pharmacy/Graduate level Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate)) courses for the academic year 2016-2017 conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Kakinada on behalf of A.P. State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), a statutory Body of the Government of A.P., Hyderabad. The main objective of AP PGECET 2016 is to identify at the state level, meritorious and motivated candidates for admission to Post Graduate programmes in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, Graduate level Pharm-D (PB).
Latest – Last Date of submission of online applications has been extended. (As Notified below)
Schedule of AP PGECET 2016 is given below.
|Commencement of online applications||06 Mar 2016|
|Last date for submission of online applications||25 Apr 2016|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||19 May to 21 May 2016|
|AP PGECET 2016 Examination Dates||25 May to 27 May 2016|
|Declaration of Results||10 June 2016|
AP PGECET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for AP PGECET 2016 is described separately for each discipline and course. It is mandatory for the candidate to determine his / her eligibility before applying.
- The candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
- The Candidate should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Candidate should satisfy the local/ non-local status requirements as laid down in the regulations of admission
- Candidate should obtain at least 50% marks (45% in case candidate belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying examination
- Check the eligibility for each course as given on “Courses and Eligibility” page.
AP PGECET Application Form
AP PGECET 2016, Application Form submission is made completely online including payment of application fee. The status of your application will be known immediately. If your application is filled in completely and submitted, you will instantly get an SMS. If you have given your e-mail id., then a copy will be mailed to your e-mail address. After completing all the steps up to “Filled in Application Form” generation in ONLINE application process, you can only print the application form and cannot modify the data.
However, if you feel there are any corrections required then you can contact the AP PGECET office or send an e-mail or contact via phone.
- The vacant seats after admitting GATE/GPAT qualified candidates will be filled with the candidates on the rank/percentile score secured in the AP PGECET 2016 entrance test.
- Separate notification will be issued for admission for GATE/GPAT qualified candidates
AP PGECET Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Candidate needs to download the AP PGECET 2016 Hall Ticket / AP PGECET 2016 Admit Card in the given time slot. To Download Admit Card of AP PGECET, candidate will have to enter AP PGECET 2016 Registration number and select the test he/she has chosen in the application form.
The printed admit card needs to be carried at the time of exam. The candidate will not be allowed to appear in the exam without admit card.
AP PGECET Exam Pattern
- AP PGECET 2016 examinations consist of each paper of 2 hours duration and carry a maximum of 120 marks.
- All the question papers of AP PGECET 2016 will be of objective type with multiple choice questions.
- Candidates have to mark the correct answer by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question on an Optical Mark Reader (OMR) with Black / Blue ink ball point pen only.
- OMR Answer Sheets will be supplied along with the Question Booklet.
- The Question Papers will be in English only.
- AP PGECET-2016 will be held at six different regional centers in the state i.e., Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Vijayawada, Guntur, Tirupathi, Anantapuram.
The examination will be held from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon in the morning session and 2.00PM to 4.00 PM for the afternoon sessions as per the Time Table given in Test Schedule.
|Date||10:00AM to 12:00 Noon||02:00 PM to 04:00 PM|
|25 May 2016||Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics (GG) / Pharmacy (PY)||Computer Science & Information Technology (CS)|
|26 May 2016||Electronics & Communication (EC) / Bio-Tech (BT) / Aerospace (AS)||Civil (CE) / Mechanical (ME) / Electrical (EE)/ Food Technology (FT)|
|27 May 2016||Instrumentation (EI) / Metallurgy (MT) / Chemical (CH)||Nano Technology (NT)|
Previous Year Question Paper
For complete details of AP PGECET 2016 – http://www.appgecet.org/