Assam JLEE 2018 or Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam for admission into 3rd semester class of B.E. course 2018 at Assam Engineering College, Guwahati; Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat; Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat and Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar. Interested candidates can check all the details of Assam JLEE 2018 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2018
Eligible Diploma Holders (Candidates passing from Institutions under State Council of Technical Education, Assam) interested to take admission in B.E. Course for the session 2018-19 at Assam Engineering College, Guwahati; Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat; Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat and Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar through Lateral Entry Examination may apply online. Candidates will be selected from merit list prepared on the basis of total marks scored in the admission test.
Schedule for Assam JLEE 2018 is given below.
|Online application||30 May 2018|
|Last date of receipt of completed application form
with demand draft at DTE office
|Issue of admit card|
|Date of Examination||08 Jul 2018|
|Date of Result||16 Jul 2018|
JLEE 2018 Application Form
Eligible candidates can able apply online at www.dteassam.in. Before going to apply candidates must ensure his / her eligibility. Application form must be filled and submitted with the requisite application fee. To fill the online application form candidates have to register himself at the official website.
An Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) is to be paid online using “State Bank Collect” which facilitates payment through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking. Payment may also be made at any Branch of State Bank of India after generating the Cash Deposit Form from “State Bank Collect” in the final step of online application. ASTU shall not accept hard copy of the Application and any other documents.
How to Apply
- Candidate seeking admission to the Examination (JLEE-2018) must apply online at this website (www.dteassam.in).
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through the instructions.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on to the website.
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format with file size of less than 100 kb.
- Candidates are advised to furnish correct information in the Application Form. Candidates should fill the application carefully, once the application is filled in completely, candidate are to click the Submit button. No change/edit will be allowed after submission of the Online Form.
- No change of Centre of Examination will be allowed under any circumstance. Hence, the candidates should select the centres carefully and indicate the same correctly in their application.
- When the data is saved, an application number will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the application number and print their application form. In case the candidate is unable to print at the time of submission, he/she can also print it later by logging in to their account with application number and date of birth. The same method will be used to print the Admit Card.
- The envelope containing the Application Form should be superscribed “JOINT LATERAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2018” with your application number.
Eligibility Criteria for appearing the Joint Lateral Entrance Examination
- Recognized Diploma of Minimum 3 years duration from Polytechnic Institutions of Assam under State Council of Technical Education (SCTE).
- A minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) must be scored in the Qualifying Polytechnic Examination.
- Candidate must be a Permanent resident of Assam
Candidates appearing in their final examination may also apply but they must have to produce their Original Mark sheet along with Pass Certificate of the Final Diploma on the day of Admission.
JLEE 2018 Admit Card
Admit Cards/Hall Tickets will be available for download from the website by putting the Application Number and Date of Birth of the Candidate from scheduled date onward. The applicants will be able to download their Admit Card online at, official website by entering details such as Application Number/ User ID and Password. It is important that you should download and take a print out of the JLEE 2018 Admit Card, as it is an important document to carry on the day of examination.
Mode of Selection
There will be Joint Admission Examination for Selection consisting of a Single Paper of 3 hours duration, which will consist of the following Sections:
- Mathematics: 30 Questions
- Basic Computer: 10 Questions
- Graphics: 10 Questions
- Branch of Engineering: 50 Questions
Questions will be MCQ type. Every Question will carry 4 (four) mark each. 4 (four) marks will be awarded for correct answer and 1(one) mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Assam JLEE 2018 Result
Result of Assam JLEE 2018 will be announced on official website. It will be released after the successful completion of the examination. Candidates who will appear in the examination will only be able to check their result.
It takes place after the declaration of the result of Assam JLEE 2018 entrance exam. Qualified candidates can take part in JLEE Counselling 2018 to get a seat in the Assam University. Assam JLEE 2018 will release counselling call letters online. Counselling will be over as soon as all the seats are filled .For the allocation of seats, candidates are required to be present in person. Candidates will exercise their choice of the Institute when called during the counseling as per their rank in the respective category. Choice thus made will be final.
Official Website: www.astu.ac.in
For more details on Assam JLEE 2018 – Download Information Brochure.