Assam JLEE 2019 or Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam for B.E. course admission in Assam Engineering College, Guwahati; Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat; Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat and Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar for 3rd semester. This is an offline, 3 hour, state level entrance exam, having questions from Mathematics, Basic Computer, Graphics and Branch of Engineering sections. Interested candidates can check all the details of Assam JLEE 2019 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Assam Joint Lateral Entrance Examination (JLEE) 2019
Eligible Diploma Holders (Candidates passing from Institutions under State Council of Technical Education, Assam) interested to take admission in B.E. Course for the session 2019-20 at is member colleges also need to apply online. From the table provided below, a candidate can keep track of Assam JLEE 2019 related events.
Schedule for Assam JLEE 2019 is given below.
|Online application||4th week of May 2019|
|Last date of receipt of completed application form
with demand draft at DTE office
|4th week of Jun 2019|
|Issue of admit card||4th week of Jun 2019|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of Jul 2019|
|Date of Result||3rd week of Jul 2019|
|Date for Counselling||4th week of Jul 2019|
Assam JLEE 2019 Eligibility
Candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria, as laid by the DTE, Assam.
- Recognized Diploma of Minimum 3 years duration from Polytechnic Institutions of Assam under State Council of Technical Education (SCTE).
- A minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) must be scored in the Qualifying Polytechnic Examination.
- Candidate must be a Permanent resident of Assam.
Note: Candidates appearing in their final examination may also apply but they must have to produce their Original Mark sheet along with Pass Certificate of the Final Diploma on the day of Admission.
JLEE 2019 Application Form
Eligible candidates can able to apply online at www.dteassam.in. Before going to apply candidates must ensure his / her eligibility. The application form must be filled and submitted with the requisite application fee. To fill the online application form candidates have to register himself at the official website.
Expected JLEE Application Fee (On the basis of previous year)
An Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) is to be paid online using “State Bank Collect” which facilitates payment through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking. Payment may also be made at any Branch of State Bank of India after generating the Cash Deposit Form from “State Bank Collect” in the final step of online application. ASTU does not accept a hard copy of the Application and any other documents.
How to Apply For Assam JLEE 2019
- Candidate seeking admission to the Examination (JLEE-2019) must apply online at this website (www.dteassam.in).
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through the instructions.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on to the website.
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format with file size of less than 100 kb.
- Candidates are advised to furnish correct information in the Application Form. Candidates should fill the application carefully, once the application is filled in completely, candidate are to click the Submit button. No change/edit will be allowed after submission of the Online Form.
- No change of Centre of Examination will be allowed under any circumstance. Hence, the candidates should select the centres carefully and indicate the same correctly in their application.
- When the data is saved, an application number will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the application number and print their application form. In case the candidate is unable to print at the time of submission, he/she can also print it later by logging in to their account with application number and date of birth. The same method will be used to print the Admit Card.
- The envelope containing the Application Form should be superscribed “JOINT LATERAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2019” with your application number.
JLEE 2019 Admit Card
Admit Cards / Hall Tickets are made available for download from the website by putting the Application Number and Date of Birth of the Candidate from scheduled date onward. The applicants can download their Admit Card online at, the official website by entering details such as Application Number/ User ID and Password. Last year, Assam JLEE was conducted across Guwahati, Kokrajhar, and Jorhat.
It is important that you should download and take a print out of the JLEE 2019 Admit Card, as it is an important document to carry on the day of examination.
Candidates can consult the video provided below to check the Assam JLEE release date, for the last year.
Assam JLEE 2019 Exam Pattern
There will be Joint Admission Examination for Selection consisting of a Single Paper of 3 hours duration, which will consist of the following Sections:
- Mathematics: 30 Questions
- Basic Computer: 10 Questions
- Graphics: 10 Questions
- Branch of Engineering: 50 Questions
Questions will be MCQ type. Every Question will carry 4 (four) mark each. 4 (four) marks will be awarded for a correct answer and 1(one) mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. Assam JLEE is conducted in offline(OMR sheet mode).
Assam JLEE 2019 Result
The result of Assam JLEE 2019 has been announced on the official website. It is released after the successful completion of the examination. Candidates who appeared in the examination can only be able to check their result.
Assam JLEE 2019 Counseling
It takes place after the declaration of the result of Assam JLEE 2019 entrance exam. Qualified candidates can take part in JLEE Counselling 2019 to get a seat in the Assam University. Assam JLEE 2019 will release counseling call letters online. Counseling will be over as soon as all the seats are filled. For the allocation of seats, candidates are required to be present in person. Candidates will exercise their choice of the Institute when called during the counseling as per their rank in the respective category. Choice thus made will be final.
Counseling Fee – Rs.600 needs to be paid in offline mode (cash) at the center.
List of Documents – Candidates need to get the following documents verified.
Permanent Resident Certificate.
Caste/ Category Certificates.
Pass Certificate of Final Diploma Examination.
Final Diploma Mark sheet showing Overall Diploma Marks.
All Mark sheets and Pass Certificates from H.S.L.C. onwards.
Age proof Certificate [ H.S.L.C. Admit Card]
Admit Card of Assam JLEE-2019.
Sponsorship Certificate from the competent authority
For more details on Assam JLEE 2019 – Download Previous Year Information Brochure.