|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
BHU or Banaras Hindu University is located in Vnarasi, Uttar Pradesh and is the largest residential university of Asia. It is inviting all the aspirants for postgraduate courses through PET 2018 or Postgraduate Entrance Test which will be held in the month of April, May and June. The university is offering various courses for Master’s degree in many fields.
Important Dates of BHU PET 2018
|Availability of BHU-PET online form||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date for online submissions||1st week of March 2018|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Examination||2nd week of April to 2nd week of June 2018|
|Declaration of result||3rd or 4th week of June 2018|
BHU PET Quick Links
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Question Paper||Click Here|
Courses Offered through BHU PET 2018
The courses offered by BHU PET 2018 are divided into 4 major categories which are General Courses, Professional courses, Special Courses and Vocational Courses. Sub categories in the above-mentioned categories are as follows:
- General Courses: Faculty of Sanskrit Vidya Dharma Vijana; Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Social Sciences; Faculty of Commerce; Institute of science.
- Professional courses: Institute of Medical Sciences; Institute of Agricultural Sciences; Faculty of Visual Arts; Faculty of Performing Arts; Faculty of Education; Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Law; Institute of Science; Mahila Vidyalay.
- Special Courses: Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Commerce; Faculty of Social Science; Institute of Science; Faculty of Law; Institute of Management Studies; Institute of Agricultural Sciences; Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Vocational Courses: Faculty of Arts
All the courses offered under above mentioned subcategory are for 2 years (4 semester) with an exception of M.Sc in Geophysics (under general courses) & MCA (under professional courses) which are of 3 years (6 semesters) and LL.M (under special courses) which is for 1 year (2 semesters).
Courses offered in these subcategories along with their codes will be described in detail on the official entrance exam website of BHU i.e. bhuonline.in.
BHU PET 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for various courses offered through BHU PET 2018 are mentioned in brief in the table below. To check the eligibility for your desired course, you may visit the official website of BHU for entrance examination i.e bhuonline.in.
|Course offered||Educational Qualification|
|M.A||At least B.A (Hons)/ BA under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50%|
|M.Sc||At least B.Sc (Hons)/ B.Sc under 10 +2+3 pattern or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50%|
|M.Com||At least B.Com (Hons)/ B.Com under 10 +2+3 pattern or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50%|
|MBA||Any graduation degree under 10 +2+3 pattern or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50%|
|MCA||At least BCA degree under 10 +2+3 pattern or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50%|
|M.Ed||at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in any of the following programmes: (i) B.Ed. (ii) B.A. B.Ed., B.Sc. B.Ed., (iii) B.EI.Ed. (iv) D.EI.Ed. with an undergraduate/postgraduate degree (with atleast 50% marks in each) or any equivalent|
|LLM||At least 3 years LLB after graduation or 10 +2+3 pattern or 5 year LLB under 10 + 2+3 pattern|
|MABM||At least passed 4 years B.Sc (Ag) or equivalent|
|MFA||At least BFA degree under 10 +2+4 or 10+5 pattern or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50%|
|MPA||At least B.Mus/BPA. In any subject/ B.A. (Hons.)/B.A. under at least 10+2+3 pattern with a minimum of 50% marks in music practical. Other special exams also included.|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||Any graduation degree under 10 +2+3 pattern or equivalent with minimum aggregate of 50%|
|M.P.Ed||At least Bachelor of Physical Education or 4 years bachelors of Physical Education (professional) degree with minimum aggregate of 50%.|
There is no age limit for any course offered under BHU PET 2018. Candidates of all ages are welcome.
All the courses offered under BHU PET 2018 are open for both Male and Female with an exception of M.Sc in Bioinformatics & MA (Master of Education).
Reservation under BHU PET 2018
Reservation under BHU PET 2018 will be offered to the following categories:
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe: Seats reserved for the SC are 15% and that for ST are 7.5%. Candidates falling under this category have to submit the self attested certificates stating that they belong to the respective category.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 27% reservation to candidates belonging to OBC category is provided. They too have to submit the self attested certificate stating that they belong to the respective category.
- Physically Impaired: 3% seats shall be reserved for Physically Challenged Candidates: Visually Impaired (1%)+ Hearing Impaired (1%) + Orthopaedically Handicapped (1%). Each blind candidate will be provided with a “Writer‟ by the University whose qualifications will be decided by the University as well.
- Women Candidates: 15% seats in M.P.Ed are reserved for the female candidates.
BHU PET 2018 Application process
The application form for BHU PET 2018 will be available on the Entrance Test Portal of BHU which is bhuonline.in. The application form for the same may only be filled online and no offline method is available. Only when candidates have filled the form & clicked on Submit button and then made the fee payment successfully will their form be accepted.
The application fee for candidates is mentioned in the following table:
|SC/ ST/ PC||Others|
|All Courses||Rs. 250/-||Rs.500/-|
If candidates want to apply for more than one course under PET 2017, the application fee charged from them for subsequent paper will be given below.
|SC/ ST/ PC||Others|
Mode of Payment
Online payment for application fee may be paid through either:
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank.
BHU PET 2018 Admit Card
The Admit card will be available either on the entrance exam portal of HBU or will be mailed to candidates on their email id. To access the card at the portal, the candidates will have to enter their registration number and password mailed to them at the time of successful registration.
BHU PET 2018 Result
The Result will be displayed on the Entrance Exam Portal. In addition, marks obtained by candidates in the test, their overall merit and merit within the category to which they belong shall be emailed at their registered email address and sent through SMS at their registered mobile number.
BHU PET 2018 Admission
The admission of the candidates will begin after declaration of results. Candidates will be admitted only when they satisfy all eligibility requirements, appear for PET and clear it, and complete all formalities required for admission. Admission will be on the basis of merit list.