Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2018 through NEET PG – Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh has released notification from eligible candidates to admission in Post Graduate Medical courses (MD / MS) which will be done through NEET PG 2018. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the PG Medical courses on or before the last date. Candidates can check the complete details of Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2018 through NEET PG
Candidates seeking admission in MD / MS courses can apply online and fill their application from the GMCH official website www.gmch.gov.in as per schedule. Admission will be made strictly on the basis of rank secured in NEET PG 2018. A candidate must have come in the merit list of NEET PG 2018 by securing the minimum marks.
Schedule for the Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2018 is given below.
|Last date of submission of application form||23 Mar 2018|
|Last date of receipt of printout of application form||26 Mar 2018|
|Display of list of eligible candidates||28 Mar 2018|
|Date of 1st Counselling||04 Apr 2018|
|Date of 2nd Counselling||25 Apr 2018|
|Dates for submission of application form online for leftover seats||20 to 27 Apr 2018|
|Last date of receipt of printout of application form||01 May 2018|
|Display of list of eligible candidates||14 May 2018|
|Date of Counseling for left over seats||17 May 2018|
|Commencement of Academic Session||01 May 2018|
|Last date of completion of Admission Process||18 May 2018|
Counselling Venue: Block E, Level VII, GMCH 32, Chandigarh instead of Director Principal’s office, ‘D’ Block, GMCH 32, Chandigarh.
Click here for NEET PG Complete Infomation
Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh has released the list of selected candidates for admission to MD/MS course for the academic year 2018-19 at GMCH, Chandigarh. Candidates can check the list of selected candidates from the link provided below.
Selected Candidates: Click Here to check the list of selected candidates for admission.
List of Eligible Candidates
Combined list of provisionally eligible candidates for admission to MD/MS course-2018 is available here. Candidates can check the link provided below for counselling process. It is to be held on April 04, 2018.
- Click here to check combined list of eligible candidates for counselling.
- Click here to check List of provisionally eligible (SC category) candidates for counselling
- Click here to check List of ineligible candidates for admission to MD/MS (State Quota)
Application form is available online only at GMCH Website. Candidate has to fill this online application form and submit it online once completed. It is not available in printed form. Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the instructions given below and then fill in the online Application Form from the official website. Candidates are also advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before going online application. Candidates can also fill their application from the direct link provided below.
Application process is over..!!
After submitting completed application form online, one printout along with annexure including application fee should be submitted to GMCH by due date. Only those candidates who have submitted printout of application form submitted online alongwith specified annexure by hand, or if sent by post/courier shall reach GMCH, by due date/time will be included in the list of candidates eligible to appear for counseling subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria specified in the prospectus. Candidates are advised to keep a copy of printout of application form submitted online for their reference.
- Rs. 500 for General Category + Bank charges (if any)
- Rs. 300 for SC Category + Bank charges (if any)
Application fee can be paid online or in the form of Demand Draft in favour of: “Director Principal, Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector-32 B Chandigarh” payable at Chandigarh.
The application fee, once paid, shall not be refunded.
Submission of Application Form
Printout along with relevant document should be submitted in a sealed envelope, with top of the envelope clearly labeled “APPLICATION FOR MD/MS COURSES 2018” at following address:
Level II, Block D,
Government Medical College & Hospital,
Sector 32 B, Chandigarh- 160030.
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
A candidate must have come in the merit list of NEET-PG 2018 by securing following minimum marks*:
- General Category: not less than 50 Percentile
- SC Category: not less than 40 Percentile
*If the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to Post Graduate Course for candidates belonging to respective categories, then these marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for admission to the MD/MS courses in GMCH also.
The candidates should have completed compulsory rotatory internship satisfactorily by 31st March 2018.
Registration with MCI/State Medical Council is necessary.
The Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector-32, Chandigarh invites application for admission to three year Postgraduate Degree Courses (MD/MS) Junior Residents, for the year-2018
The total numbers of seats for admission in the year 2018 are 119 which are divided into All India Quota (AIQ) and UT Chandigarh Pool as below:
- All India Quota (AIQ): 63 Seats. In compliance of the Supreme Court decision, 50% of total numbers of seats are reserved for All India Quota.
- UT Chandigarh Pool: 62 Seats. The 50% of total number of seats are reserved for students who have passed their MBBS examination from Medical Institutions of Union Territory, Chandigarh. Out of this, 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC).
The following table shows the detailed distribution of seats**:
Distribution of seats:
- The departments having one seat will have All India Quota allocation every alternative year.
- The departments having two seats will have All India Quota allocation of one seat each every year.
- The departments having three seats will have All India Quota allocation of one and two seats every alternative year.
- Allocation of discipline for 15% Scheduled Castes category seats (UT Chandigarh Pool) will be made by rotation in alphabetic order of the discipline.
Important Note: In the calculation of the percentage of seats for reserved category/categories the figure has been rounded off to lower whole number if decimal point is less than 0.5 and to higher whole number if the decimal point is 0.5 or more.
Counselling and Admission
- The venue for all counseling will be:
Director-Principal Office, Level-II, D Block, Government Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32-B, Chandigarh
- Date and time of counseling shall be put on GMCH website www.gmch.gov.in. No separate counseling letter will be issued.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending counseling.
- The candidates should report at the counseling venue with any one of the following photo identification proofs:
- Admit card of last exam passed/appeared by the candidates.
- Driving license.
- Voter identity card.
- Any other document, such as PAN card, Aadhaar card etc., issued by government agency
- The candidates should bring with them the following original documents at the time of counseling:
- NEET-PG 2018 Result card.
- NEET-PG 2018 Admit card.
- Matriculation certificate showing the date of birth.
- Detailed marks sheet for all MBBS professionals examinations.
- Internship completion certificate.
- MCI/State Medical Council registration certificate.
- Reserved category (SC) certificate as applicable.
- Character and conduct certificate from the institution last attended.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) as applicable.
- Any other document(s) if applicable.
- Admission will be made strictly on the basis of Rank secured in NEET PG 2018
- All eligible candidates, including candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes category, will be considered for admission against General category seats according to their rank in the combined list.
- Candidate(s) belonging to Scheduled Castes category who obtains admission in the General Category on the basis of his/her rank in the combined list shall not be counted towards the seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes category.
- Choice of discipline will be offered at the time of compulsory personal appearance before the Admission Committee in order of rank in combined lisUReserved category. There are no marks for the counseling.
- Sequence of counseling will be for General Category seats first. followed by Reserved Category seats.
- If an eligible candidate reports late for counseling when his/her turn according to his/her rank has already been passed over, he/she will be considered as per available seat/discipline at the time of his/her actual reporting in the counseling
For more detail of Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.