Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2020 – GMMCH has announced the list of provisional seat allotment for admission in MS/MS Programme. The online counselling for Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2020 is started and the last date for the online submission of choices is May 02, 2020. Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh has released the online notification for all the eligible candidates to admission in Post Graduate medical courses (MD / MS) which is done through NEET PG 2020. Candidates can fill the Chandigarh PG Application Form from the official website, which is gmch.gov.in. Candidates have to clear the NEET PG 2020 exam for admission to the MD / MS courses. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the PG Medical courses on or before the last date. Candidates can check the complete details of the Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2020 application process, eligibility criteria, and other information on this page below.
- Notice regarding revised seta matrix round 2 and Counseling for physical reporting along with Submission of choices for Online Second Counselling for Admission and Provisional Seat Matrix for 2nd Round of State Quota has been released.
- The online counselling for Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2020 is started now. Scroll down to access the link for same.
- GMCH has released the corrigendum regarding First Round of Counseling for admission to MD/MS Course 2020 for State Quota only. Click here to download the same.
Chandigarh PG Medical Admission through NEET PG 2020
Candidates seeking admission in MD / MS courses must check the eligibility once before applying for the application. Admission is made strictly on the basis of rank secured in NEET PG 2020. A candidate must have come in the merit list of NEET PG 2020 by securing the minimum qualifying marks.
Important schedule for the Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2020 is given below.
|Availability of the Application Form (EWS Quota)||23 Apr 2020|
30 Apr 2020 (State IPU /UT Pool)
|Last date of submission of application form||30 Mar 2020 upto 5.00 pm|
29 Apr 2020 (EWS Quota)
02 Apr 2020 (State IPU /UT Pool)
|Uploading of certificate/documents online||29 May 2020 (EWS Quota)|
|Date of 1st online Counselling||01-02 May 2020|
|Last date for the online submission of choices||02 May 2020 till 5:00 pm|
|seat allotment result||03 May 2020|
|Document Verification and medical fitness||04 May 2020|
|Date of 2nd counseling|
|Dates for submission of application form alongwith requisite certificate/documents online for left over seats|
|Display of list of eligible candidates|
|Date of Counseling for left over seats|
|Commencement of Academic Session|
|Last date of completion of admission process|
Latest News Chandigarh PG Medical Admission through NEET PG 2020
Notices regarding Chandigarh PG Medical Admission through NEET PG 2020 has been updated here along with Prospectus. Candidates can check the updated direct links below.
- Click here to check Notice regarding revised seat matrix for 2nd round of State Quota Counseling.
- Click here to check Notice regarding MD/MS 2nd Counseling for physical reporting.
- Click here for Submission of choices for Online Second Counselling for Admission to MD/MS Course-2020.
- Click here to check the Provisional Seat Matrix for 2nd Round of State Quota Counseling for admission to MD/MS Course-2020.
- Click here to check the list of the pro.visional seat allotment for MD/MS Programme 2020.
- Click Here to check the notice for candidates, who want to participate in state counselling at GMCH, Chandigarh.
- Click here to check the corrigendum regarding the First Counseling for the Admission to MD/MS Course 2020 for State Quota.
- Click here to check the notice regarding online application forms for admission to MD/MS Course-2020 for EWS quota only.
- Click here to check the notice regarding counselling for admission to MD / MS courses.
- Click here to check the Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2020 Information Brochure.
Chandigarh PG Medical Counselling 2020
Admission to the MD/MS course is strictly be done on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the NEET PG 2020 exam. The online Counselling for Admission to MD/MS Course-2020 has started now. Candidates can take part in online counselling by approaching the link from below. No letters are required for the counselling the candidate has to just attain the minimum qualifying marks i.e cutoff marks or the name in the merit list.
Online Counselling: Click here to take part in online counselling for admission to MD/MS Course 2020.
Documents to be needed at the time of counseling:
- Adhaar Card
- Admit card of last exam passed/appeared by the candidates.
- Driving license.
- Voter identity card.
- PAN card
- NEET-PG 2020 Result card.
- NEET-PG 2020 Admit card.
- Matriculation certificate showing the date of birth.
- Detailed marks sheet for all MBBS professionals examinations.
- Internship completion certificate.
- MCI/State Medical Council registration certificate.
- Reserved category (SC) certificate as applicable.
- Character and conduct certificate from the institution last attended.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) as applicable.
- Any other document(s) if applicable.
Chandigarh PG Medical Application Form 2020
Applicants after reading or checking the eligibility criteria can apply for the application form either from the official website or from the link which is provided below. Chandigarh PG 2020 Application form has released in online mode at GMCH Website i.e. gmch.gov.in. The candidate has to fill this online application form and submit it online once completed. It is not available in printed form. Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the instructions given below and then fill in the online Application Form from the official website.
- Click here to register for Chandigarh PG Medical Admission 2020.
- Click here to access the Login Portal.
After submitting the completed application form online. Only those candidates who have submitted the application form along with application fees, by due date/time is included in the list of candidates eligible to appear for counseling subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria specified in the prospectus.
Application fee details written below is as per the last year
- General Category + Bank charges (if any): Rs. 1000/-
- SC Category + Bank charges (if any): Rs. 500/-
The application fee can be paid online. The application fee once paid, shall not be refunded. Candidate should bring a printout of application submitted online along with specified annexures at the time of counseling.
Chandigarh PG Medical Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates are advised to read in detail the criteria for applying to the course to avoid rejection of the application form. Eligibility criteria is given below. Interested applicants can check from below.
- Eligibility criteria for All India Quota Seats and for leftover Seats.
- Candidate must be Indian.
- Candidate must have secured the name in the NEET PG- 2020 merit list by the cut off marks released by the University.
Continue to read the Eligibility for other Quota Seats from the link which is shared right here for the ease of the applicants. Get Here.
Chandigarh PG Medical Merit List 2020
Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh releases the PG Medical Merit list of selected candidates for admission to MD/MS course for the academic year 2020 at GMCH, Chandigarh. Candidates are able to check the list of selected candidates from the link that is provided here after the official declaration by the conducting body or from the official website. The college releases the provisional merit list first and after clearing of all the corrections final merit list is published online.
Chandigarh PG Medical Cutoff 2020
The college releases the minimum marks which candidate must have scored in the NEET PG 2020 exam for the being eligibile for the admission. Check the minimum marks from below:
- General Category: not less than 50 Percentile
- SC Category: not less than 40 Percentile
Chandigarh PG Medical Seats Intake 2020
The total numbers of seats as per the last year were 128 which further divided into All India Quota (AIQ) and UT Chandigarh Pool as below:
- All India Quota (AIQ): 66 Seats. In compliance of the Supreme Court decision, 50% of total numbers of seats are reserved for All India Quota.
- Institutional Preference Pool / UT Chandigarh Pool: 66 Seats. The 50% of total number of seats are reserved for students who have passed their MBBS examination from Medical Institutions of Union Territory, Chandigarh. Out of this, 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC).
The following image shows the detailed distribution of seats:
Guidelines for Chandigarh PG Medical Counselling and Admission 2020
- All eligible candidates, including candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes category, is considered for admission against General category seats according to their rank in the combined list.
- Candidate(s) belonging to Scheduled Castes category who obtains admission in the General Category on the basis of his/her rank in the combined list shall not be counted towards the seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes category.
- Candidate(s) belonging to Scheduled Castes who obtain admission in the General Category on the basis of his/her rank in the combined list will continue to get all the benefits available to Scheduled Castes candidates.
- Choice of discipline is offered at the time of compulsory personal appearance before the Admission Committee in order of rank in combined list/Reserved category. There are no marks for the counseling.
- Sequence of counseling is for General Category seats first. followed by Reserved Category seats.
- Sequence in 2nd counseling will be for SC category seats first, followed by General Category seats.
- All eligible candidates from Institutional Preference Pool (IP) and UT Chandigarh Pool, including candidates who could not appear in 1st counseling, are eligible for 2nd or any subsequent counseling.
- Seat(s) remaining unfilled from All India Quota shall be filled from eligible UT Chandigarh Pool General Candidates.
- Any seat remaining vacant from Institutional Preference Pool shall be filled from eligible UT Chandigarh Pool General Candidates.
About Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
The Goverment Medical College and Hospital was established in the year 1991 by the Goverment of India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.The college ranked 9th among medical colleges in India by the Outlook in year 2017.The college offers MBBS and Postgraduation in MD/MS also.
Official website : gmch.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.