Gauhati University PG Admit Card 2018 was issued by Gauhati University at www.gauhati.ac.in & www.idolgu.in. Candidates who applied for Gauhati University PG Admission 2018 were able to download the admit card for the entrance test. Schedule of course wise entrance test was announced shortly and admit card was available to download as per schedule mentioned below. Admit Card is as essential documents and it must be carried by the candidates at the exam centre. Get here complete details of Gauhati University PG Admit Card 2018.
Gauhati University PG Admit Card 2018
Guahati University PG Admit card was released by the officials. Candidates were able to download the admit card for entrance test from the official website of Gauhati University or Direct link to download the admit card from the link that was given below.
|Issue of Admit Cards (Online)||27 Jun to 05 Jul 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test for all PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MS)||01 to 5 Jul 2018|
Please NOTE that all applicants (with Bachelor Degree either from Gauhati University or from other universities) MUST appear in the GU Entrance Test for admission into various Postgraduate Courses for the Academic Session 2018-19.
Admit Card process over!
Pattern and Features of GU Entrance Test
The salient features of the GU Entrance Test for admission into various Postgraduate Courses are:
- The GU Entrance Test will consist of 100 Marks which is to be answered in 2 (two) hours. For schedule or time table for various subjects please click here (or navigate to Entrance Schedule from above).
- Across different subjects, the test pattern will be different – namely of four types:
- Type 1 : All MCQ i.e. full 100% consisting of MCQ
- Type 2 : 90% MCQ and 10% Descriptive (to be written in answer booklet)
- Type 3 : 80% MCQ and 20% Descriptive (to be written in answer booklet)
- Type 4 : A combination of Objective Type (requiring answers of one to two lines, or a few lines) and Descriptive Type (requiring answers in paragraphs)
- All MCQs to be answered in OMR sheets.
- For answering Objective Type and Descriptive Type questions, Answer Booklet will be provided. No extra sheets will be provided beyond what is available in the Answer Booklet.
Any kind of outside materials, paper, any kind of electronic devices including smart watch WILL NOT be allowed inside the examination hall.
Subjects and their Question Types
Type 1: Anthropology, Assamese, Biotechnology (MSc), Biotechnology (MTech), Bodo, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Comparative Indian Literature, Computer Science / Information Technology, Economics, Education, Electronics & Communication Technology (ECT), English, Environmental Science, European Studies, Geology, Hindi, History, Instrumentation & Applied Physics, Library & Information Science, Nursing (MSc), Material Science & Technology (MTech), Signal Processing and Communication (MTech), and Information Technology (MTech), Mathematics, Microbiology, Microelectronics and Advance Communication Technology, Chemical Science (MS), Mathematical Science (MS), Physical Science (MS), Philosophy, Physics, Radiological Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Signal Processing & VLSI (MTech), Wild life Science and Zoology.
Type 2: Statistics
Type 3: Arabic, Bengali, Geography, Mass Communication, Persian, Sociology, and Women’s Studies.
Type 4: Linguistics and English Language Teaching (L-ELT)