Gauhati University PG Admission 2018 – Gauhati University has issued the notification for admission to PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MS) in the various discipline at Gauhati University for the session 2018-19. Interested students are requested to apply within the stipulated time frame. Entrance Test was held for admission to PG Course in Gauhati University. Interested Candidates can check all the details regarding Gauhati University PG Admission 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2018
Online application process is over for admission to PG courses. All applicants (with Bachelor Degree either from Gauhati University or from other universities) MUST appear in the GU Entrance Test for admission into various Postgraduate Courses for the Academic Session 2018-19.
|Start of Online Application||09 Jun 2018|
|Last Date for Online Application||23 Jun 2018|
|Issue of Admit Cards (Online)||27 Jun to 05 Jul 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test for all PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MS)||01 to 05 Jul 2018|
|Date of Publication of Selection List||31 Jul 2018|
|Date of Admission||to be announced!|
|Commencement of Classes||to be announced!|
- Click here to check Admission for one vacant seat in the non GU category for general category in M.Sc (CS/IT) in the department of computer science.
- Click here to check M.A. in Women’s Studies admission from wait list against vacant seats.
- Click here to check Admission into Post graduate programme in English against vacant seats.
- Click here to check M.Sc. in Zoology and Wildlife Science Programme admission from wait list against vacant seat.
- Click here to check the M.Sc in Cancer Biology admission from wait list against the vacant seat.
- Click here to check the Admission into M.Sc. Biotechnology course against forfeited seats.
- Click here to check the Admission of students from waiting list into the Post Graduate programme in Statistics in general category.
- Click here to check notice regarding admission to M.Sc Geological Science against vacant seats.
- Click here to check notice regarding vacant seats in M.Sc Electronics and Communication.
- Click here to check notice regarding Admission for vacant seat in the non-G.U. general category for M.Sc (CS/IT)
- Click here to check notice regarding Admission to MA/M.sc against vacant seat
Eligibility for M.A./M.Sc. Courses
- BA/B.Sc. (in the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern) with Major/ Honours Course on the concerned subject
- B.A./B.SC. (in the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern) with General/ Pass Course with at least 45% marks in the concerned subject as well as in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
N.B: 45% marks is to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in Part-I and Part- II of the (2+1) pattem/Part-1. Part-II and Part-III of the (1+1+1) pattern.
Eligibility for M.Com. Course
- B.Com. in the 10+2+3 pattern with “Major Course in the subject.
- B.Com. in the 10+2+3 pattern with at least 40% marks in aggregate in General Course.
Application Form 2018
Online application will be available at www.gauhati.ac.in & www.idolgu.in. Interested students are requested to apply within the stipulated time frame. Applicants will be required to pay an amount of Rs.300/-(three hundred) as admission application fee and an Entrance Fee of Rs. 200/- (two hundred) only as applicable using the online SBI Challan to be generated after two working days from the day of submission of the online form in any SBI Branch.
Additional Prescribed Forms: Candidates seeking admission under any reservation/quota viz. Differently Abled (Disabled), Son/Daughter of permanent G.U. Employees in service, Son/Daughter of G.U. Ex. Employees, Son/Daughter of Ex-Defence Personnel, Fringe Village and Extra-curricular & Co-curricular Activities, must submit the respective additional prescribed form(s), obtainable from the Gauhati University Press (GUP) on payment of Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty) only as cost of the form. The form will be submitted at the respective departments.
- The GU Entrance Test will consist of 100 Marks which is to be answered in 2 (two) hours. For schedule or time table for various subjects please click here (or navigate to Entrance Schedule from above).
- Across different subjects, the test pattern will be different – namely of three types:
Type 1 : All MCQ i.e. full 100% consisting of MCQ
Type 2 : A mix of MCQ and Descriptive type questions (to be written in answer booklet)
- All MCQs to be answered in OMR sheets.
- Some MCQ will have negative marking for wrong answers.
- For answering Objective Type and Descriptive Type questions, Answer Booklet will be provided. No extra sheets will be provided beyond what is available in the Answer Booklet.
- Any kind of outside materials, paper, any kind of electronic devices including smart watch WILL NOT be allowed inside examination hall.
Entrance Exam will be held for admission to PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MS) in Gauhati University. Schedule of Entrance exam will also be provided on this page above when it is announced. Applications won’t be processed by the Departmental Advisory Committees and finalized by the Admission Committee under the relevant provisions of the Ordinance on Admission Lists of selected candidates shall be notified in the concerned Departments and also in the G.U Website: www.gauhall.ac.in.
Admission fee is to be paid at the time of admission, which normally includes tuition fee for the first semester and other initial fees.
- Candidates can Click Here to check Admission Fee for various courses.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Anthropology, Assamese, Arabic, Bengali, Bodo, Economics, Education, English, European Studies, Geography, Hindi, History, Linguistics & English Language Teaching (ELT), Mass Communication, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Women’s Studies and Comparative Indian Literature.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Anthropology, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science/Information Technology, Economics, Electronics & Communication Technology, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Instrumentation & Applied Physics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Microelectronics and Advance Communication Technology, Nursing (Psy.Nsg.) under LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health in Tezpur, Physics, Radiological Physics, Psychology, Statistics, Wildlife Science and Zoology
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Information Technology, Biotechnology, Signal Processing & Communication, Signal Processing & VLSI and Material Science & Technology
- MS in Chemical Science, Mathematical Science & Physical Science.
Official Website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
For more details of Gauhati University PG Admission