Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 – The Gauhati University Admit Card has been released at gauhati.ac.in. Candidates can download by logging in with their registration number or DOB. The exam is scheduled to be held from September 15 to 17, 2021. Gauhati University, (GU), Assam, offers admissions into the M.A., M.Sc., M.LISc., M.Com., M.Tech., and other Programmes for the session 2021-22. The admissions will be conducted entirely on the basis of the Entrance Examination. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, application form, selection procedure at Gauhati University PG Admission 2021.
Latest: Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Admit Card is now available. Click here to download.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2021
The admission process for Gauhati University PG 2021 is a paper less one and entirely online this time. Shown below are the important dates for the same.
|Gauhati University PG Admission 2021||Dates|
|Application Form Release||06 Aug 2021|
|Last date to fill form||31 Aug 2021|
|Issue of Admit Card Online||10 Sep 2021|
|Date of Entrance Test||15 – 17 Sep 2021|
|Date of Publishing Rank List||26 & 27 Sep 2021|
|Date of Admission||29 & 30 Sep 2021|
|Date of Commencement of Classes||01 Oct 2021|
Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Admit Card
Gauhati University (GU), Assam, releases admit card on GU official website. To download the same, you need to login with username and password. Gauhati University PG admit card comprises of importan details like name of candidate, roll number, test center name and address, timings, reporting hour etc.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Application Form
Gauhati Univerity has released PG admission 2021 application form on the official website i.e gauhati.ac.in. Candidates first need to register, next fill the Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Application Form and upload documents. At last, they need to remit the application fee.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must read and understand the eligibility criteria before filling the application form for Gauhati University PG Admission 2021. If found ineligible at any stage, the candidature is cancelled.
B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. (in 10+2+3 pattern) with Major/honours courses in the concerned subject or B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (in 10+2+3 pattern) with a general pass course with at least 45% Marks in the concerned subject as well as in aggregate or equivalent CGPA. [45% Marks is to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in Part I and Part II of the (2+1) pattern and part I, part II and Part III of the (1+1+1) pattern are eligible to seek admission to the University. However, certain specific eligibility criteria have been fixed by the concerned departments and these are applicable especially for the interdisciplinary subjects.
An applicant who has completed a Postgraduate Course from GU on an earlier occasion or got admitted into a Postgraduate Course of GU, whether completed or not, will be considered for fresh admission. The other category quota will not be applicable for those applicants. Their application for Hostel seats will be considered only after the request of fresh applicants have exhausted. However these rules may be relaxed in case of professional courses coming under the purview of regulatory bodies like AICTE, NCTE, BCI (Courses like: MBA, MTech, LLM etc).
Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Merit List
The official authority has published the merit list for Gauhati University PG Admission 2021. Candidates can simply download it from the link above. It is provided in pdf format on the official website. The Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Merit List comprises student rank, the application number, student name, caste, passing year of Class 10, passing year of Class 12 and percentage.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check out the distribution of seats from down below.
- 80% seats in traditional programmes of study are exclusively reserved for GU students and remaining 20% seats for others.
- All interdisciplinary seats are open to all students irrespective of any university.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Reservation Criteria
- Scheduled Caste: 7%
- Scheduled Tribes (Plains): 10%
- Scheduled Tribes (Hill): 5%
- OBC & MOBC: 15%
- Differently Abled: 3% (for each Discipline of Faculty)
- Sons and daughters of permanent GU Employees: 1 Seat in each dept with intake capacity 40 or less and 2 seats when the intake is more than 40 students.
- Fringe Village: 10 seats
- GU Ex-Employees: 5 seats
- Ex- Defense: As per EC resolution
- Moran Community of Assam: 2 seats.
- Extra Curricular: 1 seat in each department.
- NCC & NSS: 5 seats.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 10% Reservation from unreserved category in each subject.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2021 Admission Process
- Students and parents/guardians are advised to visit the web-pages of particular departments and colleges for necessary information.
- Keep ready all documents and information required to submit along with the Application Form.
- Follow the instructions step by step and proceed.
- An applicant can apply to one Traditional Course and two Interdisciplinary Courses only. Please check the list of Traditional and Interdisciplinary Courses.
- The Application Form for Admission is editable, but once you finally submit, it will no longer be editable.
- You can submit the form even if your result is not declared.
- The Email ID and phone number of the students and parents/guardians may be used for further communication.
- Please check the eligibility conditions before submission of the On-line Application Form.
- The provisional merit list of students will be published in the University website only.
- Appearance of your name in the provisional merit list is not a guarantee of your admission. It depends on fulfillment of eligibility conditions and intake of the department/colleges for the concerned Course.
- All are advised to keep visiting the website for any update regarding the Admission process from time to time.
- The University is not responsible for any unwanted technical failure which may disturb the admission process, either at the University end, or from the student’s end.
Gauhati University Subjectwise Seat Intake
Applicants can check out the seat details for different subjects at Gauhati University from down below.
|M.A. in Arabic||60|
|M.A. in Assamese||88|
|M.A. in Bengali||48|
|M.A. in Bodo||48|
|M.A. in Mass Communication||36|
|M.A. in Economics||75|
|M.A. in Education||54|
|M.A. in English||66|
|M.A. in English Language & ELT||25|
|M.A. in English Language & ELT||20|
|M.A. in Hindi||55|
|M.A. in History||66|
|M.A. in Linguistics||10|
|M.A. in Comparative Indian|
|M.A. in Persian||15|
|M.A. in Philosophy||72|
|M.A. in Political Science||75|
|M.A./ M.Sc. in Psychology||28|
|M.A. in Sanksrit||73|
|M.A. in Sociology||45|
|M.A. in Women’s Studies||42|
|M.A./ M.Sc. in Anthropology||28|
|M.Sc. in Botany||40|
|M.Sc. in Microbiology||10|
|M.Sc.. in Chemistry||50|
|M.Sc. in Environmental Science||15|
|M.A./ M.Sc. in Geography||40|
|M.Sc. in Geology||30|
|M.A./ M.Sc. in Mathematics||80|
|M.Sc. in Physics||54|
|M.Sc. in Radiological Science||10|
|M.Sc. in Statistics||30|
|M.Sc. in Zoology||44|
|M.Sc. in Wildlife Science||22|
|M.Sc. in Biotechnology||25|
|M.Sc. in Computer Science||23|
|M.Sc. in Information Technology||10|
|M.Sc. in Electronics &|
|M.Sc. in Micro Electronics and|
|M.Sc. in Instrumentation & Applied|
|M.Tech in Signal Processing and|
|M.Tech in Material Science and|
|M.Tech in Information Technology||20|
|Master in Business Administration||60|
Rules and Regulations to be followed after Gauhati University Admission
The official authority has prescribed the following set of rules and regulations for students who attain admission at Gauhati University. Any candidate found violating these, are deemed for expulsion.
- No candidate is allowed to study for more than one course in one shift.
- Candidates who are found involved in ragging / drugs intoxicating etc, are expelled.
- Candidate should have 75% attendance to sit for the examination.
- The decision of competent /appropriate bodies is final regarding admission.
About Gauhati University
The Gauhati University is located in Assam and is regarded as the most reputed universities in North East India. It is spread over in an area of 650 acres. It has 39 PG departments and other 341 affiliated colleges. It has separate hostel and about 23 halls for girls and boys with wifi facility. The campus also includes indoor park, canteen, guest house, post and telegraph office etc.
For more details of Gauhati University PG Admission 2021, candidates can – Download Information Brochure.
email: [email protected]
Phone: +91 8011822200, +91 6900879777, +91 9870391549
(from 10.30am to 5pm on working days only)
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.