Gauhati University PG Admission 2020 – Gauhati University will issue the notification for admission to PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MTM) in the various discipline at Gauhati University for the session 2020-21. The application form for PG Admission will be available, a direct link will be provided below to fill the same. Interested students are requested to apply within the stipulated time frame. Entrance Test is to be conducted for admission to PG Course at Gauhati University. Interested Candidates can check all the details regarding Gauhati University PG Admission 2020 like application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2020
The online application process will be started for admission to PG courses. All applicants who apply for GU Entrance Test for admission into various Postgraduate Courses for the Academic Session 2020-21 can check the schedule from below.
|Start of Online Application||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last Date for Online Application||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Issue of Admit Cards (Online)||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||last week of Jun 2020|
|Opening of Window for feeding marks of qualifying examination in the online form||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Date of publishing the selection list||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Date of Admission||last week of Jul 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||1st week of Aug 2020|
*Note: For the university departments, separate dates will be announced for admission in the colleges.
As per last year…
Eligibility for M.A./M.Sc. Courses
- BA / BSc in the 10 + 2 + 3-pattern with Major / Honours in the concerned subject.
- BCom in the 10 + 2 + 3-pattern with at least 40% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in aggregate in the General Course.
Note:45% marks will be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in Part-I & II for courses in 2 + 1-pattern and on the basis of marks obtained in Part I, II, & III in case of 1 + 1 + 1-pattern.
Eligibility for M.Com. Course
- BCom in the 10 + 2 + 3-pattern with Major course.
- BA / BSc in the 10 + 2 + 3-pattern with General / Pass Course subjects with at least 45% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in the concerned subject.
Application Form 2020
The online application will be available at www.gauhati.ac.in or direct link to fill the same will be provided here. Interested students are requested to apply within the stipulated time frame. The Application Form for Admission is editable but once you pay the fee, it will no longer be editable. Applicants are required to pay the application fee after submitting the form. Keep ready all documents and information required to submit along with the Application Form.
After the completion of the application process, candidates will able to download the admit card from the official website of the university. Candidates must bring the hall ticket on the day of examination. Admit card is an important document for the exam without it you are not allowed to sit in the examination hall.
Below we have provided the last year seat matrix for reference purpose.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Assamese, Arabic, Bengali, Bodo, Economics, Education, English, European Studies, Hindi, History, Linguistics, English Language Teaching (ELT), Mass Communication, Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Women’s Studies and Comparative Indian Literature.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Anthropology, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Botany, Cancer Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Technology, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Geography, Geology, Herbal Science & Technology Instrumentation and Applied Physics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Microelect & Adv Comm Tech Nursing (in LGBRIMH, Tezpur), Physics, Radiological Physics, Statistics, Zoology, Wildlife Science.
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.) in Library and Information Science
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Information Technology, Biotechnology, Signal Processing & Communication, Signal Processing & VLSI and Material Science & Technology
- Master of Tourism & Management (M.T.M.)
Mathematics Honours Papers as in UG TDC syllabus of Gauhati University:
Algebra & Trigonometry, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Differential Equation, Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra & Vector, Real Analysis, Mechanics, Real & Complex Analysis, Topology, Probability, Optimazation Theory, Programming in C, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory and Number Theory.
- The GU Entrance Test will consist of 100 Marks which is to be answered in 2 (two) hours.
- Across different subjects, the test pattern will be different – namely of three types:
Type 1 : All MCQ i.e. full 100% consisting of MCQ
Type 2 : A mix of MCQ and Descriptive type questions (to be written in answer booklet)
- Any kind of outside materials, paper, any kind of electronic devices including smart watch WILL NOT be allowed inside the examination hall.
Click here to check the syllabus for entrance exam.
Entrance Exam will be held for admission to PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MTM). Schedule of the Entrance exam is provided on this page above. The selection of students for admission into interdisciplinary programs of study will be on the basis of entrance test only. This also applies to other University students applying to any Course.
Question. 1: Is uploading of PRC mandatory?
If you are a student applying under any reserved quota (OBC/ MOBC/ST/SC etc), you need to upload it. However, if you have not got the PRC, you can upload the Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority as well. But, at the time of admission, you must produce the PRC of Assam. For General Category students, it is not mandatory.
Question. 2: I have not got the Grade Sheet/Mark sheet yet? How can I upload it?
You can upload the scanned copy/ screenshot of the online marks/mark sheet/grade sheet generated in the website at the time of declaration of result.
Question. 3: What is the syllabus for the Entrance examinations?
The graduate level course of Gauhati University or a syllabus prescribed by the respective department.
Question. 4: Where shall I get the additional forms for other Quotas?
These are downloadable from the Admission Portal in the relevant section of the online Application Form.
Question. 5: For how many courses can one student apply?
A student can apply to not more than three courses. For the purpose, the student has to select all the three subjects and add these ones by one at the end of the online Admission Application Form.
One need not submit three separate forms for this purpose. However, you are eligible to apply for one Traditional Programme of Study and two Interdisciplinary Programmes of Study only.
Question. 6: What if the entrance for the subjects selected is scheduled on the same day and time slot?
Students are strongly advised to see the schedule so that s/he can sit for the entrance. The schedule prepared has maximum flexibility and is beyond any adjustment.
Question. 7: If my date of exam is the same as that of any other examination I want to sit for? Can the date be changed?
It’s the priority of the student which institute s/he wants to select/prefer. Gauhati University will not entertain any such request.
Official Website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
Insofar, official details of Gauhati University PG Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.