Gauhati University PG Admission 2018 – Gauhati University will issue the notification for admission to PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MS) in the various discipline at Gauhati University for the session 2018-19. Interested students are requested to apply within the stipulated time frame. Entrance Test will be held for admission to PG Course in Gauhati University. Interested Candidates can check all the details regarding Gauhati University PG Admission 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Gauhati University PG Admission 2018
Online application process will be opened from 1st week of July, 2018 till 2nd week of July 2018 for admission to PG courses. All applicants (with Bachelor Degree either from Gauhati University or from other universities) MUST appear in the GU Entrance Test for admission into various Postgraduate Courses for the Academic Session 2018-19.
|Start of Online Application||1st week of Jul 2018|
|Last Date for Online Application||2nd week of Jul 2018|
|Last date of fee payment||3rd week of Jul 2018|
|Issue of Admit Cards (Online)||3rd week of Jul 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test (for All Applicants)||3rd week of Jul 2018|
|Date of Publication of Selection List||1st week of Aug 2018|
|Date of Admission||2nd week of Aug 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||2nd week of Aug 2018|
Eligibility for M.A./M.Sc. Courses
- BA/B.Sc. (in the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern) with Major/ Honours Course on the concerned subject
- B.A./B.SC. (in the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern) with General/ Pass Course with at least 45% marks in the concerned subject as well as in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
N.B: 45% marks is to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in Part-I and Part- II of the (2+1) pattem/Part-1. Part-II and Part-III of the (1+1+1) pattern.
Eligibility for M.Com. Course
- B.Com. in the 10+2+3 pattern with “Major Course in the subject.
- B.Com. in the 10+2+3 pattern with at least 40% marks in aggregate in General Course.
Application Form 2018
Online application will be available at www.gauhati.ac.in & www.idolgu.in. Interested students are requested to apply within the stipulated time frame. Applicants will be required to pay an amount of Rs.300/-(three hundred) as admission application fee and an Entrance Fee of Rs. 200/- (two hundred) only as applicable using the online SBI Challan to be generated after two working days from the day of submission of the online form in any SBI Branch.
Additional Prescribed Forms: Candidates seeking admission under any reservation/quota viz. Differently Abled (Disabled), Son/Daughter of permanent G.U. Employees in service, Son/Daughter of G.U. Ex. Employees, Son/Daughter of Ex-Defence Personnel, Fringe Village and Extra-curricular & Co-curricular Activities, must submit the respective additional prescribed form(s), obtainable from the Gauhati University Press (GUP) on payment of Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty) only as cost of the form. The form will be submitted at the respective departments.
Entrance Exam will be held for admission to PG Courses (MA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.Com, MLISc, MS) in Gauhati University. Schedule of Entrance exam will also be provided on this page above when it is announced. Applications won’t be processed by the Departmental Advisory Committees and finalized by the Admission Committee under the relevant provisions of the Ordinance on Admission Lists of selected candidates shall be notified in the concerned Departments and also in the G.U Website: www.gauhall.ac.in.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Anthropology, Assamese, Arabic, Bengali, Bodo, Economics, Education, English, European Studies, Geography, Hindi, History, Linguistics & English Language Teaching (ELT), Mass Communication, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Women’s Studies and Comparative Indian Literature.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Anthropology, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science/Information Technology, Economics, Electronics & Communication Technology, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Instrumentation & Applied Physics, Mathematics, Microbiology, Microelectronics and Advance Communication Technology, Nursing (Psy.Nsg.) under LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health in Tezpur, Physics, Radiological Physics, Psychology, Statistics, Wildlife Science and Zoology
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Information Technology, Biotechnology, Signal Processing & Communication, Signal Processing & VLSI and Material Science & Technology
- MS in Chemical Science, Mathematical Science & Physical Science.
Official Website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
For more details of Gauhati University PG Admission
Insofar, official details of Gauhati University PG Admission 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Gauhati University releases Gauhati University PG Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.