GMCH Chandigarh Admission 2018 in Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN): Government Medical College & Hospital has issued official notification for the Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) Admission for the academic session of 2018 – 2019. The online application form for the Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) in GMCH Chandigarh has been started and will continue till August 31, 2018. Candidates are required to read the all details including eligibility criteria carefully before apply online. Candidates interested in the Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) Admission can check all the details like application process, important dates, admit card, eligibility criteria, etc here.
GMCH Chandigarh Admission 2018 in Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN)
Candidates seeking admission for Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) in GMCH Chandigarh can apply for the same as per the schedule i.e. given below. Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria at least one before applying. The dates mentioned in the table are officially released. Candidates should be noted that application form will be accepted in online mode only. No other means of application form will be accepted in any manner.
Duration of the Course: 2 year
Schedule of GMCH Chandigarh Admission 2018 in Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN)
|The prospectus along with application form is available from||01 Aug 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||31 Aug 2018|
|Display of lists of eligible candidates for appearing in entrance test||05 Sep 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||10 Sep 2018, 11 AM|
|Date of counselling / Display the list of selected candidates||10 Sep 2018|
|Commencement of Session||01 Oct 2018|
Note: Entrance Test will be held at Examination Hall, 7th Floor, Block E.
Entrance test result for admission of Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) in GMCH Chandigarh has been displayed on the official website of the GMCH. The result has been declared in the form of merit list. Candidates who appeared in the entrance exam can check their result on the official website. Direct link to check the GMCH Chandigarh Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) is also be provided below.
Result: Click here to check the Result of Entrance Examination for admission to DPN Course.
Admit Card 2018
After the completion of the application process the list of eligible candidates for entrance exam will be displayed on the official website of the GMCH as per the schedule. Only the eligible candidates will get the admit card from the official website of the GMCH. Direct link to download the Admit Card will also be posted on this page.
Admit Card: Click here to download provisional e-admit card-cum-roll number for DPN course – 2018 Entrance Examination.
- Click here to check List of Eligible Candidates for DPN Course 2018.
- Click here to check List of Not Eligible Candidates for DPN Course 2018.
- Click here to check the entrance test notice.
Application Form 2018
A candidate who wishes to be enrolled for DPN program can apply to the Director Principal of Govt. Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) by clicking the link given below. Candidates are required to read all the instruction prior to filling up the application form i.e. given on the page. Hard copy/ printout of online application along with receipt of online payment along with other documents and original certificates are required to be produced on the day of counselling. Candidates can fill their application form from the official website of the GMCH or from the direct link which is mentioned below.
Application process over..!!
- Rs 500/- for General candidates
- Rs 250/- for SC candidates
Mode of Fee payment: Online (Via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking)
A candidate for admission in Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) should have the following qualification to join the course.
- Be a Registered Nurse (Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife) or equivalent possessing a minimum of one year experience as staff nurse.
- Nurses from other countries must obtain an equivalent certificate from INC before admission.
Only eligible candidates will be allowed in the entrance test which is conducted by GMCH.
The paper for entrance examination will be of 100 marks and will contest of MCQ type question. The Scheme of examination has been provided below.
Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of the merit in the entrance examination which will be conducted by GMCH under the auspices of Punjab University. Merit List will be displayed on the same day and the candidates will be called for the interview the next day. Separate merit list will be prepared for General Category, Schedule Caste Category which will be displayed on GMCH website.
A candidate who wishes to be enrolled for DPN program shall apply to the Director Principal of Govt. Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) by the date notified by the Institution/ University, on the prescribed form. The eligible candidates will be allowed to appear in entrance examination which will be conducted by GMCH. The paper for entrance examination will be of 100 marks and will consist of MCQ type question. The selection will be made on the basis of merit in the entrance examination which will be conducted by GMCH under the auspices of Punjab University. The minimum cut off marks for admission to Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing course for various categories will be as follows:
- 50% for candidates belonging to General Category
- 45% for candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped category and
- 40% for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste category
- Merit list of entrance examination will be displayed same day by 5 pm and the candidates will be called for interview the next day.
Seat distribution for the Post Basic Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) admission has been provided below. Seats remaining vacant in the reserve category will be filled from the general category candidates who will be eligible for the post according to the rules and regulations of the Entrance exam conducting authority.
- Candidates are required to bring their blue ball point pain at the time of examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to live the examination before the completion of examination formalities.
- Read the instruction carefully given on the question paper.
- Seperate merit list will be displayed for General and Schedule Cast candidates.
- Candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks (Gen. Category),45% (Physically Handicapped category)& 40% (SC) in the entrance test, to be eligible for counseling.
- Candidate has to submit original certificate at the time of admission in case he/she fail to do so, his/her candidature for admission may straightway be rejected.
- If total marks obtained are same by more than one candidate, candidate senior in age will be considered.
- The selected candidate will have to undergo medical fitness test & only those candidates who are found medically fit by the constituted Medical Board will be admitted to the course.
- The students shall receive a monthly stipend of Rs 2500 /- except for in-service candidates.
- The fees for the course is Rs. 7000 approximately (hostel fees not included)
For more details of GMCH Chandigarh PB Diploma In Psychiatric Nursing Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.